Selling: Gorgon Shade Spawn

I think the message here is not to use the market to get the parts but rather to grind yourself. Kinda goes against the whole idea of Entropia, but hey! When did that ever stop anyone :laugh:

While this is true, if you do this, you're still losing the opportunity of selling the items at such high markup.

In other words it still "costs," you that PED, just in lost potential profit. If it truly sells at that price, that is.

While this is true, if you do this, you're still losing the opportunity of selling the items at such high markup.

In other words it still "costs," you that PED, just in lost potential profit. If it truly sells at that price, that is.

Absolutely right - I was only considering getting the set as the option. Naturally if someone is willing to pay those prices for fangs then good luck to them.

After reading through the comments on this forum, I am surprised that so many people seem to be complaining that the price on the fangs is absurdly overpriced. In economics 101, people are taught:

value = willingness to pay (or the most a person is willing to pay)

Now, if I was simply asking for 20% of a random number, then these would be valid arguments. However, I stated in the original post I am willing to pay the "value" of the fangs. If I am willing to buy a modified fang at 1,200 PED, then I fail to see how the modified fang is not worth 1,200 PED. If you loot one, you have the opportunity to sell it to me for that price. If you decide to keep it--and incur an opportunity cost of 1,200 PED--then you must also value the modified fang at 1,200 PED (or more).

I am willing to pay the above listed values until further notice. If I change my value and willingness to buy the fangs, then I will adjust the 20% fee. There is really no way for someone to "lose" by looting one of the fangs.

I'm sorry if i am missing something, but don't these prices seem completely out of proportion?

To reach a perfected set you would need what? 161k PEDs just in fangs? With that amount of money you could actually get like a Supremacy Set and a good weapon and be done with it.

IMO their value should be the fee value, so they are 400% inflated.

First, while I understand that your value is much lower than my value, how would you lose in this situation? If I am truly paying 400% more than the fangs are worth, shouldn't this encourage more people to come and grind the fangs and then sell them to me to realize the difference in value? If I have a cup of water I value at $1, and you are willing to pay $5 for that same cup of water, then I would sell it in a heartbeat and be happy. I would have just gained $4. How is this different? If you loot a perfected fang, and value it at $1,000, then when you sell it to me you will have just made $3,000 ($4,000 - minus the fee). That seems like a win-win for everyone.

Also, the assumptions that prices will remain constant through an entire set is also dangerous. While some of the fangs have never dropped and there is not even a complete modified set yet, the price to have something first is always inflated. You could presume that with time the value of the fangs (as with most things in Entropia) will depreciate in value.

Thats the thing, i based the above on those fang prices...mainly to show how absurd it would be for them to have those valuations. Without the fangs at those prices, the armor is more likely to be made by multiple people.
Now if the fangs were something like:

Adj - 50 each
Imp - 100 each
Mod - 200 each
Aug - 500 each
Perf - 750 each

Then you are looking at around 4700 plus armor parts for 1 perfected piece, with a set at around 32,700 plus armor parts...which makes more sense. Obviously more room to grow depending on what other high tier armor go for these days. But those valuations on fangs are just crazy and unlikely anyone would pay those prices for them.

While you may think that it is just crazy, the post clearly states that I am willing to pay those prices for the fangs. Therefore, you should take advantage of the crazy person.

Good stuff MastaJ ... no one is complaining at your offer. Just a bit staggered in disbelief at the potential cost of a set of perfected. Good luck to you man, I wish you the best :)

32.2k fee in total (+16 sets of adj. gorgon) to get perfected. 3-4 times less than the most expensive armor in game while being better in most of the mobs!

FYI: If you buy all the pieces for perfected, it makes 161k + 16 sets of adjusted armors. just sayin' :p

Yes, prices will drop as time goes on, I hope tax's drop to meat the new values; as I can not pay much with no job during This Global pandemic pandemic "Covid-19"
The impact is nice but bad Eco in it's durability for the Perfected-set, so one day I hope it might drop to under 10k for all mats needed, As (Mod Vic) only cost 10k or just under for all needed items to craft it.

Last edited:
Back