Suggestion: Skill inhibitor item?

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Hi,

As you should know there are a lot of players that don’t play as much as they could, they deliberately stop playing as if they continue hunting they will out skill the event category they are in.

There are quite a few ideas on this, like change the event category level requirement each event so guys will keep spilling, etc. All of these ideas should be considered!

An easy solution would be to make an item that players could insert into their heads that would stop them from gaining skills in that profession until they take it out! The down side is they won’t be getting those juicy skills but the upside they get to stay in the category they want!

This would help the player stay in the category they want, thus not limiting them to hunting anything they want!!,

This will also result in more PEDs cycling!

FYI, This or similar idea already exists in other similar games!

Yeah when a rifle implant is cheaper than an ESI, that should tell MA that there's a structural problem in their game.

Just drop more ESI ffs. They are WAAAAAY too rare at this point.

Or change the rules for Mayhem to look only at the weapon you bring into the instance and not look at skills at all

A skill destroyer tool in tt like implant inserter but the tool will ask to select skill and total point you want to destroy and the tool decays the ped value of the skill from the tool.

If we only look at skillgain and progress, an alternative could be an option where
we store skills gained in Codex, section specific for each event, and from there boost skills.
We activate this when event starts, and it stop storing at the end of event.
We can chose to stop this earlier by choice, and also restart it when we want.
Either all skills gained, or maybe only three skills of choice.

Reactions: jak
Or change the rules for Mayhem to look only at the weapon you bring into the instance and not look at skills at all

or just do away with events that are skill capped (promoting an environment of *never gain skills and chip out as much as possible*), and hold more events wheras anyone can participate shared loot like sand king, smuggler event on ark, hogglo diablo, mulmun, migration, etc (promoting a skill-gain-friendly environment).

I would rather we just accept that the skill category system in Mayhem is, and always has been, fundamentally flawed, and get rid of it.

I would rather we just accept that the skill category system in Mayhem is, and always has been, fundamentally flawed, and get rid of it.

I have to agree with Oleg.

For a game claiming to have a infinite skill system this is quite embarrassing. What's the point then? :scratch2:

iirc there was no skill cap the first mayhems.

And tbh I'm not sure we really want to go back to that where there was really only 10-15 that had any chance at all...

The whole point of the current system I guess is for people who aren't ubers to have some sort of chance each mayhem

its not a perfect system but it's also not the worst

Should be called "Sin Eater" and he steals 95% of experience. I saw this in some other games.

Don't give DEVs more ways of evaporate PED from the game! There are already plenty, in fact in my opinion they could live from it if wasn't their greed and give everyone 99.999% tt returns.

The question here is why a player with limited budget and playing for 12 years never aspired to compete in any Mayhem?

Is not the game that need to change because of a event. Is the event that need to change because of the Game!

Don't give DEVs more ways of evaporate PED from the game! There are already plenty, in fact in my opinion they could live from it if wasn't their greed and give everyone 99.999% tt returns.

The question here is why a player with limited budget and playing for 12 years never aspired to compete in any Mayhem?

Is not the game that need to change because of a event. Is the event that need to change because of the Game!

You have some really good arguments for another thread!!!

But your argument about taking players PEDs, A lot of players wast sooo much peds on chipping out to stay in their event category that this idea WOULD save players a lot of peds!!!

Last edited:
When I joined the game all threads were about we want more missions to skill up faster and catch up joda/stryker/star/linzey so you can be equal with them and have the same chance competing in events
Now everyone wants to stop the progress so they can have higher chances vs noname1/noname2/noname3 for few cents extra per year.

What those have in common? Bias to earn more by adding less input in the game/less turnover and higher pressure on Mindark to please them.

I suspect that Mindark learned their lesson by not listening to the community when it comes to those things and if you think that those level 44 mulmuns gives so many skills just by accident , think again.

In a few years when they will introduce events based on competence and gear you will create the same thread asking how its possible for you to compete vs 150 evader and 600 hp avatars when you only have 220.

Sky is the limit.

Very bad ideea.

EVERYONE is looking to be better on this game -> u want to be lower?! how come, is there any other bugs that u know about ?

or did u mean with 55% Reload u have gained too FAST the skills, and u want to give some back?! :scratch2:

Why we should have these skill inhibitor?! NO WE WANT MORE SKILLS!!!

btw, if u know anyone selling Yogs i got a buyer!

Hi,

As you should know there are a lot of players that don’t play as much as they could, they deliberately stop playing as if they continue hunting they will out skill the event category they are in.

There are quite a few ideas on this, like change the event category level requirement each event so guys will keep spilling, etc. All of these ideas should be considered!

An easy solution would be to make an item that players could insert into their heads that would stop them from gaining skills in that profession until they take it out! The down side is they won’t be getting those juicy skills but the upside they get to stay in the category they want!

This would help the player stay in the category they want, thus not limiting them to hunting anything they want!!,

This will also result in more PEDs cycling!

FYI, This or similar idea already exists in other similar games!

so we need new stuff only to compete in Mayhem?
Wait, lets call this game Mayhem Universe.
As all things nowadays seem to revolve around mayhems.

Wouldn't it be better to just change the mayhem setup instead?

Create a bad item to fix a bad idea/system - yeah, that's the way to make things better :rolleyes:

Create a bad item to fix a bad idea/system - yeah, that's the way to make things better :rolleyes:

Yeah, I actually agree with Messi here... discouraging skilling up is not a good thing and that's what the current Mayhem system does, as we have seen with many avatars desperately trying to get others to bring esi and take their skill for free or even get paid for it.

The flaw in a system like the one we have in mayhem is that they put avatars with
realtivly similar stats in prof stands in same group, and then let them compete when
they know the differnce is huge between individuals when in comes to gear and money.

Just some rough ideas here, so there might just as well be too many flaws in this too,
but here it goes:

They can keep players in categories as is today, but only for event prizes, on the way
to that they should open up all categories for everyone.
Highest Point rewards should be relative to category and mob hp, so cat 1 have 100p
as max and cat10 have 1000p, hp on mob is ofc 10x higher in cat10 than in cat1.
To make it more attractive to go for higher category hunts there must be something
in loot that makes it worth going there, but at the same time, all categories should
have some interesting loot. This loot must also be more sensitive to balanced setup
so overkills are not the best way to go for it.
Same goes for event prizes, a bit better for each step of category.
This way skills doesn't matter in same way, and players can both keep those they have
but also keep skilling up. We should have the option to step up in what reward category
we want to belong in at start of event, but not step down.

how about they just restructure the prize pools??

right now we give out 30 pm tokens for annihilation 3 per cat.

maybe in cat 1 you get 0 pm tokens,
cat 2 there is 0 pm tokens,
cat 3 1 mayhem token.
cat 4 1 mayhem token
cat 5 1 mayhem token
cat 6 1 mayhem token
cat 7 2 mayhem token
cat 8 4 mayhem token
cat 9 8 mayhem token
cat 10 12 mayhem token.

now there is incentive to skill up, as you have a higher chance to get a pm token and not stay in cat 5 because you can beat ppl who aren't even fully playing yet at lvl 20's-30's

this can be refined a bit, this is a rough idea.

Back