Vehicles in Oil Rig PVP zone or not?

• Total voters

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Hi,

The idea behind the oil rig has been a place where guys can come to practice PK and have PK fun. Long time ago there were no vehicles and as a nub you had to run through mobs to get to the rig then the rig had big mobs around and you were very lucky if you could even see an oil drop let alone pick one up. "Ubers" who could kill the mobs would fight each other and get oil and kill mobs and such, it was LOTS of fun.

The oil rig was fun!!! Now it is NOT! The oil rig is BROKEN!

Currently there are always 5-10 nubs at the rig standing around picking oil and if anyone comes to try and PK the nubs will get in a vehicle and gather up a lot of mobs and bring them to the rig (mob training) making the players coming for PK fun have to fight mobs not PK. This discourages "ubers" from wanting to go to the rig for PK fun. And the nubs who sit all day picking oil for free get to "freeload" off the game.

First, simple fix is to make the entire oil rig PVP zone a "No Vehicle" zone! Problems solved, nubs can no longer train mobs and the rig becomes a fun place to have PK fun!!!

Second but less important would be to make a static mob on top of the oil spawn area an Atrox Slayer!!! As part of adding this higher maturity mob, the many places where mobs can be trapped around the rig would need to be fixed.

I hope we can do something along these ideas to make the rig fun again!

I enjoy the rig myself as it is.

The "nubs" as you call them pk everytime I am there. You yourself were there today PKing.

Vehicles being allowed in adds to the fun , when PKers such as yourself showed up , you had to spend to kill them instead of using some low level weapon.

You had every opportunity to stand on the ground and pk , but you choose instead of standing above on a platform out of reach of the ground action.

The mobs that were trained in added to the fun as well , I myself shot many of them as did others.

If you are looking for a more rubust pk adventure , I hear the pvp4 area can be quite exciting.

I also hear the fort pvp is quite fun for higher level pkers such as yourself.

On an added note:

The oil that drops from the rig , finds its way back into the game.

Much as the revenue from defeating the current fort holder.

I enjoy the rig myself as it is.

I really, really like the quote in your signature! :cool:

I'm happy you like the rig as it is, but you don't PK much?

The Oil rig has always been a place for PK, and the oil an extra intensive to bring PKers there.

While I was there today you, your friends or just other nubs there dragged in 4-5 Desplitore Stalkers, a few Warriors Elites, and a murder of Cornenterion, and yet even more Trox and other mobs. The mobs don't bother me, I don't die to the mobs, you do. If I wanted to hunt Desplitor or the other mobs you guys trained on me I would go hunt them, I came for PK fun and the "tactics" used at the rig with abusing vehicles to drag mobs on others is discouraging and not helping make the rig a fun place to be for PKers.

Let's just say you're stance on the rig is not shared by the majority, I'm voicing what many of my fellow PKers have said and this is a very easy fix.

MindArk, PLEASE consider making the oil rig PVP zone a NO Vehicle zone!!! :)

Yes lets make it a zone for high skilled players only where those so called pks took turns to collect oil lol.heck iv made items from free oil while i was active and i know some made mod 2600 from free oil 3 years back.is it realy pk fun u r looking for or is it free money? who ever asks to get rid of vehicles are ultimately looking for free money from rig is the truth.i know you dnt need rig money to play but i dnt feel the same way of others.who dnt like free stuff anyways? Cant blame the noobs as the game is shit for new players and old ones alike so why fight the noobs where u can take turns like everyone else? Lol u r good at forts man stick to that.is there any one to fight back nowadays anyways?foudil used to fight non stop if he sees a rival but i dnt think killing low level players is fun at all.gl getting MA to listen cos each vehicle and mob u kill is more money to them so why would they change it?

Last edited:
PvP4/PvP3 is uber area.
Any other area that doesn't punish you from dying is noob area and it will stay like that as far as I can read Mindark.If any uber stay in noob area they do it for few reasons : They are drunk, bored, unable to dominate uber area or show off against noobs.
Instead you could complain about adding incentive into pvp4 where people can fight 24/7.
Right now there is no fight in pvp4 and it will not be one unless Mindark will decide to add something interesting there.

Current oilrig is full with Russian noobs.

You kill soms, they call DISABLED or mobtrain if he isnt online.

Reactions: jak
Better fix remove the free oil or enable claim system like LG whoever holds the claim for x amount of time get the oil.

Are people short of a place to practice pvp because of this? One of the flimsiest excuses I've heard in a while. There is plenty of open space to do this, both lootable and non-lootable. But added the lure of a few free pecs dropping and everything is different.

I remember the crying when gangs of übers shut down the rig whenever they pleased over I don't know how many years. Now gangs of noobs got organized and found their own ways of keeping it to themselves.

On the few occasions I feel like checking out the rig, every time all I get to see is a nature documentation. Throw a bone to packs of wild animals and watch the ensuing mayhem. It doesn't matter what they change or "fix" about such places, the result will always be the same. They must find this equally entertaining at MAHQ. Say what you want, they do know a thing or two about human nature, and they do have a sense of humour. You just decide whether you want to be the subject of it.

spent much of my EU time in the oil rig back in middle 2000's. Was a awesome community and challenge back then. Of course through time i was able to gather equipment to challenge most players ingame.

Fun times :)

EDIT: Fun video from old times (oil rig can be seen halfway in or so)

Last edited:
Bawwww, noobs are stuffing up to rig on us, interfering with our traditional customs & rights.

I think the problem may be the Russian Mob - but you just have 2 go Full Equaliser on them - simples :)

lol why would any1 who is going to a pvp area cry about mobs or vehicles?? they are going there for pvp fun right??
fun fact vehicles can also be destroyed, mobs can be killed, and the killer themselves can also use vehicles

as a player that has spent a good deal of time at mostly ark rig in the past this is what actually happens and what i see

on arrival there are ofc players mostly as u pointed out just running around endlessly or standing picking oil
but also on occasion what pvpers dont see is i also see hunters hunting the mobs there and also mining
i myself have even gotten a global off a oratan now n then ;]

now as far as pvp goes the only pvpers that show up are players in gear far above than any1 else there and they procceede
to wipe others out, some even kos any that come back and then as soon as another pvper shows up there might be a little skirmish
and once the 1st pvper realises that this 1 can actually fight back and even kick their ass...oh ..the actual pvp stopps lol

and when ive tried to kill others for a little competative fun now n then not even wearing any armour myself lol its not long till some1 shows up killing me
demanding i stop killing others there . acting as a rig guard, and to be fair these rig guards have also gotten rid of rig bullies ,, the kind
that state RIG CLOSED!!! the same kind i mentioned that seem only capable killing those weaker than them and leave as soon as somebody can match and kill them
shows up, and if i do try to use my vehicles to defend myself or fight back im called a coward just cos i wont fight them the way
that they want me to? .. well the way that ensures them the cheapest kill ofc lol ofc i guess its no longer fun if ur noob/duckling target practice can fight back or defend themselves making it more costly to kill them than the usual 1 or 2 shot kill ;]

imo those who truly are going there for pvp fun it should not matter how their targets tries to defend themselves or fight back
if at all even if it is trying to use the environment or mobs or vehicles etc

the game is advertised as free to play and it can be very difficult at times as there are not many ways to earn a few ped and for those that
try to play free or low on peds everything that they get goes back into game anyway and progress is painfully slow

however i can see it from differing points of view the point of the rig is for fun while trying to compete against each other for the free oil
also mobs make it a bit more challenging and can hunt them or mine there with said free oil u got if u sold or tt it etc

the rigs are fine as the are it helps support new players helping them get to grips with mining hunting and pvping in pvp environments and a god send tho those not able to depo as much as often as they would like
so my suggestion is why not as an experiment add a garage or something at land grabs?, the only place btw where ive actually seen true pvp where i see people kicking the crap out of each other for long periods of time and lets see if picking oil while in a warzone actually works

i think there are too many rich spoiled entiled people in this game trying to force and bully others into playing the game how they want it to be played
attempting to gain an advantage and try to get rid of the very few places in game that help new or struggling players

nobody is stealing from u u get what u are entitled to in ur returns any small freebies that mind ark use to encourage players to an area is on them
and they get it all back in the end anyway lol

however i do agree some changes should be made so all get a chance and not the same people who live there 24/7 so perhaps a cap as to how much a single
player can claim in a day should be introduced or more daily missions where these players can earn their ped or resources

or perhaps mind ark should get it over with and make it a pay to play only game so all the rich depoers can still cry over cheaters and whatever else
they cry about if they are on the losing side and dont get their way lol

games are meant to be fun i play for fun not ped

JJ ;]

IMO vehicles are part of the pvp fun they add another element but the battlefield needs balancing.
Mindark should release an anti-vehicle weaponline (EMP ?) that can not damage players/mobs and uses a minimum of ammo/decay.
Once the cost to kill a vehicle is as cheap as the cost to repair it then we are talking about a balanced battlefield.

Take out the vehicle and the mobs will eat whomever tried to train them - use your own vehicle to train them away if you dont want to kill them.
There is also vehicles that allow a mounted weapon, making it possible to specifically attack other vehicles while outrunning mobs - a versatile battle is a fun battle.

I don't live in a rich country. I am not rich. I was also a new player a while back. The truth is that the game is for adult people, not for people in Adam and Eve costumes. It is for people who can use a Visa, a MasterCard or any other means of deposit. Each one defines the level they will have within the game based on their resources (economic and / or intellectual). I don't think helping new ones should mean giving them money. Well, the money given away usually ends up in the hands of mafias and abusers, to finally get out of the game, because even if you think money come back in the game, it does not. Don't forget that you are in a global game. Not everyone has your same ideals and values. Some are always more naive than others. And the astutes will eat the dumbest if given the chance to do so. I tell you something, if you really want to help new people, mentoring only when you are really ready to do it (know a lot and have a high level in your profession - preferably Uber in your profession). And do it with greater interest with those new ones that you observe that will collaborate financially with this universe. Not with those who are adept at creating unpunished mafias of all kinds that will only bring down the EU economy. Well, commonly, believe it or not, those who say "I am new, I am poor, help me, because I never intend to put a penny into the game" are truly responsible for the lag and the low economy of the EU in recent times.

Tip: Do you want to give freebies? Do it as weapons (L) that cannot be traded. Do not provide PEDs, oil, or Universal Ammo. In addition, each new player should ALWAYS associate their avatar with a real life Passport and Credit / Debit Card, if they intend to receive freebies from the game.

Mindark should release an anti-vehicle weaponline (EMP ?) that can not damage players/mobs and uses a minimum of ammo/decay.
Once the cost to kill a vehicle is as cheap as the cost to repair it then we are talking about a balanced battlefield.

AWESOME IDEA!!!! The cost to kill a vehicle right now is far too expansive. And this is a brilliant idea! Please make a suggestion thread on it, or I will! :D

It has been asked hundreds of times already.
I've done several posts myself and even 1 thread I think.

But MA doesn't do anything, I think they do it on purpose, but I can't figure out why...

The solution would be extremely simple indeed, vehicles should NOT be allowed in the oil field and 50 meters all around.

Maybe they do this in order to make the rig accessible to everyone (noob included), but it doesn't work.
It's a mistake in every way.

First of all because it's completely illogical.
In any game, the goal is to improve your avatar, and to become stronger, to access new things.
Here the exact opposite happens.
Just buy a Sleip at 30PED and you've got as much chance of getting oil as any guy who's invested and worked years to bring his avatar to a certain level...

Second, because of the first point, skilled people are disgusted and don't even go to the rig anymore, which is completely overrun by noobs.
As a result, the least skilled players, the least equipped, and who have invested the least time and money, are the ones who take all the "free" oil there. (that is not really free, actually people shooting there pay for the ones who never spend can get it for free..)

Again, this is indeed completely illogical.

MA tried to make a rig for the noob (Orthos), and it didn't work because skilled people would go out there and pretend to be Sheriffs, make the law there, and no more fights would take place.
It would have been simple to make this area restricted in terms of levels, or weapons that could be used there.
Exactly like they do for Mayhem instance.
Create several restricted rigs, one for level 0/20, one for level 20/40, etc...
If they need to make instances for different rigs, let them do it.

There's so much to do about PvP in this game, and I'm not even talking about the lootable zones..
I think MA doesn't realize the potential of PvP.

PS:

I'm a bit tired of spending time explaining things on this forum and giving ideas, only to realize that in the end MA doesn't care, so it's useless.

So just another one without any form of politeness:

When a player is killed in an Oil rig area, he should be given a timer, a restriction that he can't come back for at least 5 minutes.

Last edited:
take the arctic rig, copy, go to each planet and put in a new arctic area, paste... allow the auto exploding stuff, etc. Make all the mobs there shared loot. Put rarest mined stuff in there. Also instead of just leaving the oil, also increase the fruit/dung drops there 500%... instant fix. ;)

The oil rig is that place northeast of camp icarus, right? It's got woods, but the video linked doesn't have trees.

there used to be a oil rig called orthos but from what i hear it was mostly used like a wellfare line with some ubers making some obey the rules and line up in a line but they closed it now its just robots there now

but i think in this game pvp is not true pvp to me in the sense as player vs player its more a case of ped vs ped
uber vs noob

pvp as it stands in this game is certainly not balanced nor fair as there are vast differences in skill and gear for those involved and the high investors want to remove things like vehicles ? how is this fair ? i invested into getting a apc and cdf heli and jeep etc or does my ped investments not matter? im sorry how dare my vehicles be expensive to destroy lol

well if vehicles are to be banned then i want armor banned also and high level weapons

only armor and weapons available at the tt allowed and all players skills evened out and balanced while in pvp zones lol

imo pvp in general needs a massive overhaul to make it truly balanced and fair

so yet another suggestion i have is why not make all pvp areas instanced where players are grouped together based on their skill levels and gear?

this way its not so much a case of rich vs poor uber vs noob game anymore, well almost lol
this is how i think u make it fair and balanced as can be in a rce game, paying more should not give any an advantage if it truly is fairness and balance u want in pvp

however at the same time u should have worthy opponents that have also invested into uber gear so the very best are competing at gear tiers and opponents that match their own

with this i personally i think its more a case of some ubers crying and want cheaper kills or therapy as well as an advantage and hate to see any free or low depositor players in the game and want them gone

and for the record i do a bit of both depo and free play, all i have in game i earned no hand outs or freebies

its getting a bit tiresome rich elitists trying to force me to play the game to how they want me to play it and only associate with people and socs they approve of

and any pvpers i have seen at rigs are either rig guards trying to protect noobs laying down some law, or those that only seem happy killing so long as they are winning sometimes even stating RIG CLOSED! lol
and ofc as soon as some1 shows up that can fight back or kick their ass there might be a quick skirmish and the pvp stops and ass kissing begins lol

yeh ive used vehicles to pvp on occasion and been called a coward for doing so, even tho i even come out and run rings round them literally even making them shoot each other and missing lol

and even if im just running around shooting people nor more than once or twice per person if they dont fight back some1 still may show up telling me off and to stop shooting people or they will shoot me. or they just appear and 1 shot me or try to lol

but oh wait sorry il wear no armor and try to shoot u with a tt gun to satisfy ur ego making sure u win cos u cant get the job done against other pvpers that can kick ur butts....not...lol

anyways until such time comes when pvp is actually fair and balanced i will, if i choose to use all i can to defend myself and make it as difficult as possible for cry baby bullies and make sure they spend more than me and if i do chose to shoot some people i will. tho generally i dont that often as i try to be considerate of others feelings ;]

but since there seems to be a demand for pay to win pvp oil rigs with no vehicles allowed then perhaps a rig could be added where the oil drops are higher value, but u dont get in without a shot bit like lootable pvp zones
1 shot = say a few hrs in the zone also some zones within these zones more closer to the highest value drops could even be lootable

so to try to force the whole game to be one way your way is impossible and unfair every1 has different ideas as to how the game should be played

at least the solutions i come up with tries to cater to all people , their play styles, levels, gear and wealth and not try to force players out of the game making it almost impossible for them to play

as im sure any1 who has tried to play free for a while has noticed its 1 of the very few ways for a free or low depositing player to play and the game is supposed to be free to play unless ofc the only thing these people want free players to be able to do is sweat, pick up dung only or rocks and fruits but oh no cant have that the depo players paid for that rock and dung also how dare they get that free lol

perhaps also more things like dailies for free and low depositing players could be added so they are not all forced to go to oil rigs or other similar places lol

if u dare put away ur uber gear and start with just the starter pack or even free and see how long u can survive without depo, eventually most will run out of peds and be forced to depo or quit or ...lol go to oil rigs for free oil ;] or find other ways to earn in game

i've got a better idea.... delete the rigs because they're pointless troll traps.

imho an exclusion zone for vehicles with a radius of 150-200m radius around the oil rig already would do the trick to bring back alot of the old pre-VU9.0 oil rig's feeling.

alot of places like event areas (e.g. the Feffoid Pit) already have this kind of exclusion zones.
also there are many no-vehicle-zones without any meaning, like around Cape corinth or Camp Icarus.

so why not having one at the rig for a good reason?

Last edited:
Again

There are buildings and platforms throughout the rig for snipers and hand to hand combat.

Vehicles are just armor and there is a cost to replace them as they decay , just as armor.

Why must something that works well , be changed and homogenized to look and operate the same as the many other pvp areas.

This is not a lootable pvp , so to eliminate the oil drops will make it just one more pvp zone where nobody battles.

As it stands there are people killing each other there daily.

Nothing is stopping uber pkers from dominating the rig , nothing.

Mob trains are allowed in pvp according to MA , as long as you aren't training someone mining and hunting.

As far as the "Russian nubs" , what have these players done that would warrant a change. To me it is quite obvious they are pkers , as they attack others that attack them. If you do not like this society , shoot them. They will come back , shoot them again. They are relentless , keep shooting them. Once you have run out of ammo or patience , do not come to the forum to complain of "Russian nubs" , instead go hunt , mine , craft or to the sweat circle.

There is no reason to fix what is not broken.

Again

There are buildings and platforms throughout the rig for snipers and hand to hand combat.

Vehicles are just armor and there is a cost to replace them as they decay , just as armor.

Why must something that works well , be changed and homogenized to look and operate the same as the many other pvp areas.

This is not a lootable pvp , so to eliminate the oil drops will make it just one more pvp zone where nobody battles.

As it stands there are people killing each other there daily.

Nothing is stopping uber pkers from dominating the rig , nothing.

Mob trains are allowed in pvp according to MA , as long as you aren't training someone mining and hunting.

As far as the "Russian nubs" , what have these players done that would warrant a change. To me it is quite obvious they are pkers , as they attack others that attack them. If you do not like this society , shoot them. They will come back , shoot them again. They are relentless , keep shooting them. Once you have run out of ammo or patience , do not come to the forum to complain of "Russian nubs" , instead go hunt , mine , craft or to the sweat circle.

There is no reason to fix what is not broken.

Hummm You never been at rig, right ?

When was last time you've been there fighting for oil ?

Try it, then come back and read your own post.. It will make you laugh. :rolleyes:

Hummm You never been at rig, right ?

When was last time you've been there fighting for oil ?

Try it, then come back and read your own post.. It will make you laugh. :rolleyes:

Actually I would say it is you good sir that might have a good laugh , when you realize I covered that question in the second post of this thread.

And to answer your question on fighting for oil.

The majority of my time spent at the rig is killing atrox or whatever mob is dragged in , though if oil spawns in front of me I do pick it up.

No , I don't shoot people that are there to collect oil.

Actually I would say it is you good sir that might have a good laugh , when you realize I covered that question in the second post of this thread.

And to answer your question on fighting for oil.

The majority of my time spent at the rig is killing atrox or whatever mob is dragged in , though if oil spawns in front of me I do pick it up.

No , I don't shoot people that are there to collect oil.

So why are you giving your opinion (with a lot of emphasis) on something you don't care about, and that you'll never do ? :confused:

Because then everything you say is wrong.

First you don't even see the difference between an armor and a vehicle, things are not good...
If you know an armor that costs 30PED and adds 450 HP, please tell me, I'll buy it right away.

And the problem isn't so much having to destroy a vehicle as having to do it every 30 seconds...
Because that's what happens when the noobs have the possibility to get back in under a minute, and they do it over and over again.

Then when you talk about the Russian noobs being PKers...
You live in another world. :eyecrazy:

First of all, if some people think it's important to specify that they're Russian, I don't.
I don't care if they are Russian, Japanese or Inuit, the problem is that they are noobs.

The ones we're talking about, couldn't even do anything else than "deflected" on a decent armor, so I don't know what you're talking about PKers..

When you say people are fighting there, that's not true either.
I spent about 3 months there, I can say that fights are extremely rare, and they're limited to one person who comes to blow off steam from time to time. (of which I am a part sometimes)

The noobs we're talking about just stand there 24/7, picking up the oil, spending as less as possible.
And when someone comes to kill them, they immediately come back and start to mob-train, then hide in their Sleip in the middle of the rig.

And when you say there's nothing stopping an uber from closing the rig, then you don't understand the principle of a PvP place that drops a resource in an RCE.
Because closing the rig just for the fun of losing 5$ every 5 minutes, I'd like you to explain the point to me.. There's probably a part I missed.. :dunce:

Last edited:
JJ is a lot of fun at the Ark rig as she has the right attitude, She bears no grudges and actually is prepared to help others.
There are other players like that - kill you in an instant but its nothing personal - they don't bully or pick on you. And they are fun - Hi Posthistory :) it was really funny when you turned up at Ark Rig with a Barbarella & chased pickers around. I mob trained my Oratan homies on him - was so funny

Yet there are others who have a nasty approach and bring grudges into it - personally people have picked on me and kept killing me accompanied with nasty messages and I have thought wtf have I ever done to you? (and I am not going to name you but my Sicilian/Irish genes wont let me forget you )

Its not the PvP its the other stuff that grates on me. But don't change PvP at Ark Rig in any way - its good as it is, and people just have to take the rough with the smooth.

So why are you giving your opinion (with a lot of emphasis) on something you don't care about, and that you'll never do ? :confused:

Because then everything you say is wrong.

There's probably a part I missed.. :dunce:

Indeed.

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎

Back