PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Sityl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just not exciting to effectively have five repeating choices.

It used to be fun to base what mob to hunt on what rewards are available.

Now they're all the same.
    Exactly.
    I used to browse the missions for the attributes I wanted.

Some atributes meant you had to hunt mobs without any good MU, but hey, I wanted the attributes so I hunted them.
    You had to work through the levels for the right reward.
    Sure it was a grind, but at least a grind with a goal.
    I had a counter to look at, nearing the 10k.

Now there is no more goal. Doesn't matter what you shoot. All is the same. Lame and the same.
    If they would at least have differentiated the codex rewards it might not have been so bad.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Drake Slade Corbett
    Society
    Southern Cross Training Centre
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySmooth View Post
    From a business standpoint, there should be no reason for MA to prioritize removing the iron missions. Having both iron and codex simply makes people grind even more, making more revenue. People getting more skills just means that they cycle more peds which also creates more revenue. I'm sure that removing the iron missions is a very low priority.
    This is a good point. Saying the missions are going away seems to have revived Calypso greatly. I know the missions will be gone soon, but it seems like the best financial move of all was to give us 1 year to afterburner-race to the end. I will miss them.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Suzy
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    If they do remove them completely in September, my log in times will be reduced to the point of not caring about doing anything, as it all becomes boring.

I cant sit at the computer grinding mobs for hour's on end trying to finish remaining iron missions, I do them usually if I get a daily mission, and kill the 60-80-100 mobs, and move on. Without this, I just wont bother anymore.

Wouldn't be so bad if the daily missions were mostly iron mission mobs, but you get crap mobs like tantilion, repelisex and other crap constantly. And why have some mobs been removed from dailies, not had a Hoglo daily now for well over a year.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Team 'We come in Pieces...' an Entropia Directory & Rangers Production.
    http://www.twitch.tv/suzy_entropia
    Suzy...

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    I hope nobody breaks the secret that it's much wiser to choose mobs for markup than for mission rewards. Because if everyone did, there would soon be no more markup. Oops.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    I hope nobody breaks the secret that it's much wiser to choose mobs for markup than for mission rewards. Because if everyone did, there would soon be no more markup. Oops.
    qft

But then again some people are not interested in becoming self sustainable or, god forbid, profitable.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySmooth View Post
    From a business standpoint, there should be no reason for MA to prioritize removing the iron missions. Having both iron and codex simply makes people grind even more, making more revenue. People getting more skills just means that they cycle more peds which also creates more revenue. I'm sure that removing the iron missions is a very low priority.
    I disagree I think its high on list. Maybe the removal of the coding for iron missions is just a small part of the overall plan, like the graphic update. They may not have added attributes to codex as they have a future plan for them may be in new missions or deleting them altogether. If removing the old missions, means better performance and new content bring on sept.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy trim View Post
    I disagree I think its high on list. Maybe the removal of the coding for iron missions is just a small part of the overall plan, like the graphic update. They may not have added attributes to codex as they have a future plan for them may be in new missions or deleting them altogether. If removing the old missions, means better performance and new content bring on sept.
    I think it was hinted at that removing the old system would allow them to re-use the npcs involved and create a true quest/mission system that was story driven... time will tell if that will happen (not likely as they fired most of the creative folks a few years ago, but we'll see)

Can we get codex for mining so i can grind all useless shit too.
    "Everyone loves money. Money will undermine and overrule everything else."

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stefan 008 Bond
    Society
    Mod Merps
    Images
    I have to agree here. In light of covid-19, I think it would be outright cruel. What is the big problem here? Just let everyone finish their current stages, however long it takes them. Full stop.

Imo it was always a bad idea to rip rip out players hard work from underneath them.. its not too late to gain some nice happy customer points by a change in this decision.

Basically a win win for all.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Geo Clone
    Society
    Victory
    Images
    When they announced the codex, one of the main reasons was the old mission system was very taxing on the servers.

www.victory-ms.com
    https://discord.gg/j4GfC8f
    ❍ ● .∘ ↭ ⌀ . ◦ ⌱
    BUYING:[Omegaton Laser Sight Mk I]x1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast