MA, don't remove Iron missions

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
Codex is nice, but the rewards are boring and the same for all mobs.

They also don't reward any Stamina, Strength, Agility, etc.

Removing the old iron missions makes the game worse.

It would be cool to have both the codex and iron challenges. Or, make the codex have unique rewards by mob.

Most of the fun is gone with the loss of iron challenges.

They gonna give BS excuse that the iron missions are causing all this lag. So they WILL remove it. :laugh:

I have finished most of the Iron/Bronze missions that were in my journal and I am starting to feel like I don't have direction anymore.

they should just leave them indefinitely and not remove them like they said. People play at different paces so removing their work on current iron missions sucks. I'm okay with the way it is today where you can finish the iron missions you have and then not pick up new ones. But yes, codex rewards are a bit stale. Maybe they can impose some sort of mission where if you finish X amount of codex levels in a day/week/month/quarter/year then you get bonus rewards or something to encourage grinding. (I.e. daily mission of finishing 2 level 1-5 codex missions gives 50 attribute tokens or something)

I agree the attribute points rewards are nice but they should be added to the codex or in some other way. When they announced the removal of the iron mission they said it was because of the code was bad and it was adding a lot of server stress. If that is really the case, please remove the iron sooner, I am really tired of the lag...

I agree the attribute points rewards are nice but they should be added to the codex or in some other way. When they announced the removal of the iron mission they said it was because of the code was bad and it was adding a lot of server stress. If that is really the case, please remove the iron sooner, I am really tired of the lag...

It would be a great move if they added Attribute Tokens to the Codex.

:beerchug:

screw tokens... just give an instant update on attributes after certain level... add it as part of the bonus you get when you complete the codex... token systems are inherently flawed since they require finding an npc, etc.

planetcalypso.com said:
Legacy Iron, Bronze and Silver missions for Eomon and Longtooth can be completed during this years migration season but it is no longer possible to sign up for these missions from Hunting Mission Terminals. Please note that it has been communicated that the legacy Hunting Missions will be disabled later in 2020 and that uncompleted missions will not provide any rewards. This means that the 2020 Migration Season is the last chance to complete any legacy Hunting Missions.

https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/eomon-migration/2020/

:dunno:

The one year extension was a bonus, really, fought for by the community.
Not more to come.

The Codex is much better since you now can work together in a team for your progress. The rewards could be more diverse and interesting, and also include attributes (with or without tokens), possibly for completing a chain or some milestone. It is currently pointless to team up for pursuing mobs you normally couldn't solo for the Codex mission while the rewards are the same (although it is nice to know you do get your progress when you do so for other reasons). Therefore I assume that getting more creative with the rewards is part of the plan and will occur eventually, main thing the system is thoroughly tested and stable first. I would expect that after expiration of the old irons we'll get to hear how they intend to proceed.

codex is the lamest feature ever to be introduced to entropia.
Plain and simple.

For me no more reason to hunt on caly.

utterly useless planet with utterly useless codex rewards.

Plain and simple.

It's just not exciting to effectively have five repeating choices.

It used to be fun to base what mob to hunt on what rewards are available.

Now they're all the same.

Don't worry we have a couple more years, rings are still free to use too! :)

I hope they don't remove ones that are still incomplete come September time.
The impact of wages during covid, has probably hampered a lot of people's chances to complete ones they still have open.

I thought a year would be pushing it to finish all the ones I have open still, now I have no chance if they disappear September.

Plain and simple.

Utterly useless comment :dunce:

I hope they don't remove ones that are still incomplete come September time.
The impact of wages during covid, has probably hampered a lot of people's chances to complete ones they still have open.

I thought a year would be pushing it to finish all the ones I have open still, now I have no chance if they disappear September.

It is actually quite the opposite by the numbers. There is more activity than some years.

Just the yog exploiters will have to take 25% longer to do them.

:D

Original plan was to remove them with a 1 month grace period. Player backlash extended it to 1 year.

Original plan (if it had proceeded) would have left a more even mission reward structure across all planets without ridiculous attribute point gains in certain locations being left to go on for as long as it now has.

You want a further extension? No, remove them in September and sort the rest of the mess out.

Any other action would continue the farcical situation we are in.

Reactions: San
Plain and simple.

You can choose most of the skills in codex but if you want attribute tokens you can still get it from Lame PP with repeatable attribute rewards.

From a business standpoint, there should be no reason for MA to prioritize removing the iron missions. Having both iron and codex simply makes people grind even more, making more revenue. People getting more skills just means that they cycle more peds which also creates more revenue. I'm sure that removing the iron missions is a very low priority.

You can choose most of the skills in codex but if you want attribute tokens you can still get it from Lame PP with repeatable attribute rewards.

Yeah I will be on extended vacation on other planets once irons are removed. Got rex endlevel to go 35/60k and maybe I can do one smaller one. No migration mobs because I need to finish. And then it's bye bye caly. Been stuck here too long.

It's just not exciting to effectively have five repeating choices.

It used to be fun to base what mob to hunt on what rewards are available.

Now they're all the same.

Exactly.
I used to browse the missions for the attributes I wanted.

Some atributes meant you had to hunt mobs without any good MU, but hey, I wanted the attributes so I hunted them.
You had to work through the levels for the right reward.
Sure it was a grind, but at least a grind with a goal.
I had a counter to look at, nearing the 10k.

Now there is no more goal. Doesn't matter what you shoot. All is the same. Lame and the same.
If they would at least have differentiated the codex rewards it might not have been so bad.

From a business standpoint, there should be no reason for MA to prioritize removing the iron missions. Having both iron and codex simply makes people grind even more, making more revenue. People getting more skills just means that they cycle more peds which also creates more revenue. I'm sure that removing the iron missions is a very low priority.

This is a good point. Saying the missions are going away seems to have revived Calypso greatly. I know the missions will be gone soon, but it seems like the best financial move of all was to give us 1 year to afterburner-race to the end. I will miss them.

:handgun:

If they do remove them completely in September, my log in times will be reduced to the point of not caring about doing anything, as it all becomes boring.

I cant sit at the computer grinding mobs for hour's on end trying to finish remaining iron missions, I do them usually if I get a daily mission, and kill the 60-80-100 mobs, and move on. Without this, I just wont bother anymore.

Wouldn't be so bad if the daily missions were mostly iron mission mobs, but you get crap mobs like tantilion, repelisex and other crap constantly. And why have some mobs been removed from dailies, not had a Hoglo daily now for well over a year.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I hope nobody breaks the secret that it's much wiser to choose mobs for markup than for mission rewards. Because if everyone did, there would soon be no more markup. Oops.

I hope nobody breaks the secret that it's much wiser to choose mobs for markup than for mission rewards. Because if everyone did, there would soon be no more markup. Oops.

qft :wise::wise:

But then again some people are not interested in becoming self sustainable or, god forbid, profitable.

I disagree I think its high on list. Maybe the removal of the coding for iron missions is just a small part of the overall plan, like the graphic update. They may not have added attributes to codex as they have a future plan for them may be in new missions or deleting them altogether. If removing the old missions, means better performance and new content bring on sept.

I disagree I think its high on list. Maybe the removal of the coding for iron missions is just a small part of the overall plan, like the graphic update. They may not have added attributes to codex as they have a future plan for them may be in new missions or deleting them altogether. If removing the old missions, means better performance and new content bring on sept.

I think it was hinted at that removing the old system would allow them to re-use the npcs involved and create a true quest/mission system that was story driven... time will tell if that will happen (not likely as they fired most of the creative folks a few years ago, but we'll see)

I have to agree here. In light of covid-19, I think it would be outright cruel. What is the big problem here? Just let everyone finish their current stages, however long it takes them. Full stop.

Imo it was always a bad idea to rip rip out players hard work from underneath them.. its not too late to gain some nice happy customer points by a change in this decision.

Basically a win win for all.

When they announced the codex, one of the main reasons was the old mission system was very taxing on the servers.

Back