Help: Weird graphics glitch

Society
Freelancer
Trinity Suzumyia Hardborn
Hello, did anyone have same problem as me? In safe mode I can only see dark shades of everything. Can't even see my own avatar correctly. When I set it higher than safe mode it does this:

I've tried verifying game data, drivers update, safe mode, ultra mode, windowed or fullscreen, doesn't really matter and looks exactly same. I'm running out of ideas already :-(

have you tried to uninstall your graphics driver, and reinstall? Are you onboard graphics or video card?

this could maybe also be a directx issue entropia when it did its graphics overhaul moved from direct x 9 to 11
as far as i know it still has some fallback support to directx 10 perhaps u will find this link helpful

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/news/pages/2019/12/12/9508/index.xml

u could also try locating and deleting these files and folders which are located in ur

public_users_data folder which will be under ur planet data folder somewhere

delete these folders
shaders and cache

and this file
settings-ce.cfg

then start entropia as usual it should attempt to set ur settings that is optimal for ur detected
hardware and will reload all the icons, shaders and textures etc so the 1st run may take a moment or so

if u are confident its not a dirext x issue or drivers and u still have no luck u could try contact
support and tell them everything u know and have tried so far and perhaps even try a reinstall of entropia

hope this helps

JJ ;]

If you are playing Entropia in Safe Mode out of necessity not choice (ie looking for fruit) then you are on borrowed time.

Entropia is now a DirectX 11 application but it has been stated it will work on lower for an unspeciified duration.

Time to think about getting hold of a better (gaming) laptop before that support is removed.

First of all thank you all for advice :)
I was sure I had drivers updated and working, so went first with JJ's advice deleting folders aaand, it worked! Thank you again, finally I can see Entropia in colors once again:D My pc can easily run ultra but I usually use low setting to ease load on my computer BTW.

First of all thank you all for advice :)
I was sure I had drivers updated and working, so went first with JJ's advice deleting folders aaand, it worked! Thank you again, finally I can see Entropia in colors once again:D My pc can easily run ultra but I usually use low setting to ease load on my computer BTW.

glad ya got it sorted and ya welcome and ty for letting us know ;]

Back