One Week Since Yog Update

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Despite MA's prior behavior, I was surprised we didn't see a follow-up response after the outrage the original response generated. I thought for sure I'd come back from my week-long vacation and see an update of some sort, but alas, nothing and now we have a new mayhem exploit to grapple with.

What should MA do about events after all of this? it seems the addition of more "features" (i.e. consumable buffs, pets, etc...) has just made the competitiveness of events come down to who can find the weakspot in the coding and then exploit it.

Did MA bite off more than they can chew with the newer mayhem formats? It seemed so much simpler the old way.

EU as a RCE game creates a sort of bubble for dealing with these issues, but in other competitive games you follow this process:

1) halt event
2) ban cheaters
3) hotfix/patch the exploit
4) rollback/reparations
5) tighter QA in future releases

is there any conscious reason MA does not follow that simple route?

Perhaps they haven't decided what to implement yet?

It would be nice to see what they will do/plan to do differently for "5) tighter QA in future releases"

If they would make the events more interactive with them it could be cool... Like for example instead of "new items" maybe each category has a list of items people could choose from in case they win, like for example armor pieces that are missing from the sets ingame atm, or weapons that have been impounded from banned accounts of old (includig deleted accounts too)

I dunno, just a suggestion :)

The current format however feels a bit off, i dont participate to compete but i can't seem myself efectively competing here with how its set up.

They can t resolve the problem, so they will leave the event open indefinitely.
And we can hunt at the same time, mulmun,muluk ir, daspletor, mayhem mulmun, eomon and Lt, for ever.
So fun :p

Despite MA's prior behavior, I was surprised we didn't see a follow-up response after the outrage the original response generated. I thought for sure I'd come back from my week-long vacation and see an update of some sort, but alas, nothing and now we have a new mayhem exploit to grapple with.

What should MA do about events after all of this? it seems the addition of more "features" (i.e. consumable buffs, pets, etc...) has just made the competitiveness of events come down to who can find the weakspot in the coding and then exploit it.

Did MA bite off more than they can chew with the newer mayhem formats? It seemed so much simpler the old way.

EU as a RCE game creates a sort of bubble for dealing with these issues, but in other competitive games you follow this process:

1) halt event
2) ban cheaters
3) hotfix/patch the exploit
4) rollback/reparations
5) tighter QA in future releases

is there any conscious reason MA does not follow that simple route?

now, please answer this question seriously"

Did you really expect any follow up action from MA?
Really?

:laugh:

now, please answer this question seriously"

Did you really expect any follow up action from MA?
Really?

:laugh:

no i don't but it doesn't mean i won't keep reminding them so they feel like shit on repeat.

MA's had a policy of sweeping stuff under the rug or just disappearing until retards like us forget about it since new leadership came into the picture.

Back