Suggestion: Update the Mayhem scoreboard for consistency

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
I think it would be best to have both categories consistent. Either show the current score or not at all.
To show the Annihilation scoreboard properly, it would mean to have it updated every time a player leave the instance (so it's not 'stressful' for the servers).
It could look like this:

5URnrDX.png

Current system causes players to shoot less; if there are good scores known, people will try to beat those, not just the ones that are posted. Good scores are hard to come by in spite of using the best DPS so if there's a good score it should be visible. Make it as fair as possible.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

I think it would be best to have both categories consistent. Either show the current score or not at all.
To show the Annihilation scoreboard properly, it would mean to have it updated every time a player leave the instance (so it's not 'stressful' for the servers).
It could look like this:

5URnrDX.png

Current system causes players to shoot less; if there are good scores known, people will try to beat those, not just the ones that are posted. Good scores are hard to come by in spite of using the best DPS so if there's a good score it should be visible. Make it as fair as possible.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

So basically you want to know if someone is strategically holding onto a score that will beat you.

So basically you want to know if someone is strategically holding onto a score that will beat you.

Basically that's what the drawing says, yes. That or make it so that the assault / defense / survival scores can also be hidden. Strategically...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Evey again."

I know many of you agree with this, please stop + repping and voice your opinion in here instead. It will have a lot more impact.
Thank you!

Yes, I absolutely agree.

Annihilation Mayhem competition is intended to be about mostly luck and some math/strategy. If you want to compete in a skill based competition, you do assault/survival/defense. Scores should be visible so people can decide if they want to participate or not based on the probability of ranking in top 10. Score board can be very deceiving as it is and causes frustration because some just keep their score hidden until it's too late for anyone to even try to beat it.

Thanks for the suggestion Evey :)

I know many of you agree with this, please stop + repping and voice your opinion in here instead. It will have a lot more impact.
Thank you!

Sure I totaly agree whith this, seems obvious to me..

I gave you bad rep to counter your overabundance of good rep. (of course I'm kidding :))

It could look like this:

5URnrDX.png

Thoughts?
Thanks!

i cannot agree more

but ... MA will read the mail, and put it in the bin. so....
We encourage Cheaters/Expoiters/Yogsters.... but when it comes with an very Good IDEEA -> MA we will consider this -> We fowarded to responsible team -> Give time we will fix.... YEP! fix.... it!

I think MA should just remove the scoreboard.

I loled at the sarcasm (Hopefully it's sarcasm :D)

I agree with this too! More transparency never hurt anyone, or actualy hurts the right people :cool:

Honestly, i don't really care.

I started to participate in this kind of event at Easter 2019 and i have not missed an event since.

As a l-weapon user i do up to 3 full runs at easter/summer and up to 2 full runs at halloween/merry mayhem.
I do less runs if i am satisfied with my score (this time i stopped after my second run).

But what do i know? I am not a high-dps ul-gun user. Maybe you need to see a really high score at an early stage of the event, that is "worth" to beat it. Maybe you are sitting in front of your screen, thinking "Wow, yeah someone got 4x5k in a run - i have to beat it" and start shooting like there is no tomorrow.

Or maybe … just maybe this is one of the biggest bs i have ever read here on PCF:

Current system causes players to shoot less; if there are good scores known, people will try to beat those, not just the ones that are posted.
Thoughts?
Thanks!

Current system causes players to shoot less; if there are good scores known, people will try to beat those, not just the ones that are posted.

Or maybe … just maybe this is one of the biggest bs i have ever read here on PCF:

That was my opinion and I respect yours.
I honestly believe there would be more event shooting if this change was in place. Removing the scores completely will cause even less shooting. I have always been advocating for shooting in events for points even with a lot lower DPS than the top contenders; this is good for the overall economy of the game; it increases the demand for a lot of crafting goods and for many mined resources. What made me post this suggestion was actually the many voices I heard in the community around me, especially pissed off players because some of the whales were strategically hiding score until last day. If they knew those scores, they would have tried again.

I'm against people camping a category as a way of playing this game, they only profit from tokens and prevent other newer players, less skilled, less geared from advancing much. I do not support this strategy, it doesn't seem fair. Come towards cat10, we have cookies here ;)

I once had first place taken away from me on the last day by Joda, I don't know if he was holding the score or not. If he was, you are saying that's a bad thing. I'm not sure if I agree or not to be honest.

But it doesn't really matter to me personally as every time I do a Mayhem instance now I get <90% tt return.

And I can understand why people don't want to move up a cat, especially to cat 10 which is basically controlled by a small group of players with access to a very small number of weapons.

I'm all for more transparency and personally like this idea. More transparency = less opportunity to game the system / cheat.

I'm all for more transparency and personally like this idea. More transparency = less opportunity to game the system / cheat.

Thank you and bump!

Why i have the feeling you came up with this ideea because you lost to someone who was holding the score?
The event its perfect like this, at least one thing works in this game, no ty for your improvements.

Why i have the feeling you came up with this ideea because you lost to someone who was holding the score?
The event its perfect like this, at least one thing works in this game, no ty for your improvements.

I think you missed the point by a few miles. It would be fine to either show both or hide both.
And yes, I compete in most mayhems and I have lost to someone hiding the score and I also did this myself as well, that's not the issue, but thanks for your input.

transparency would be better

so atleat u know what scores u are fighting with !

And OFC will be more "fighting" when u see u are not anymore on 1 2 3 whatever.

This suggestion from Eve is as uncontroversial as it comes and it doesn't refer to the mechanics of the event, but to the live scoreboard.

Her proposal is the equivalent of intermediate times on a F1 racing track, or on a alpine ski competition. From partial timings, one can project the final time on the entire lap and take decisions, it's called strategy, which is a massive element in any competition. There's never been any objections from any sane minded spectator or participant to those partial scores.

I have no issues in competitors to withhold their result until last day either, it's all strategy. But having a live scoreboard adds significant entertainment to the event and increases competition.

On a very similar note, I have always missed a proper scoreboard on minor Most Loot LA events, where it would be fun to show not only the position but also the current looting score for each player. That also would incentivise competition.

Proper live score reporting is key to any entertaining competition. Whether MA have the competence, will or ability to implement these improvements is a different story altogether.

Yet, we have to read deranged comments like this. Is it too much to ask people to think before typing toxic and stupid comments on this forum?

Back