Which old school missions are still worth finishing?

Crone

Prowler
Society
CRT
Joshua Crone Craftson
Hi! Could anyone please tell Crone which old school missions are still worth finishing? He would really appreciate your input.

Maybe it is not so much about the mission, but more about the mob. That would also be appreciated.

Crone didn't finish many missions so far, so chances are whatever you advice is still available!

Thanks everyone!

Whatever missions you can finish in two months Crone.

So do the ones you are closest to completing first.

I have responded to this question in more than one thread now.

The Oratan Payback mission on Arkadia offers a daily skill reward , as well as an Unlimited vehicle (dropship) as a mission reward on day 343. 1 day = 100 oratan prospector kills , and each day is not less than 20 hours.

The entire mission is 823 days long , with attribute tokens ( Agility , psyche , stamina ) in later stages.

Though I had been to Arkadia many times throughout the years , this mission gave me a much better feel for the planet and community.

Those with attribute tokens in the rewards are worth prioritizing, because we don't know if/when they will come back. Watch how much it costs you, if it's a mob not interesting otherwise.

Whatever missions you can finish in two months Crone.

So do the ones you are closest to completing first.

Thanks! Sounds like solid advice :) You must be one of Crone's most trustworthy readers even after many years.

Bones
I have responded to this question in more than one thread now.

The Oratan Payback mission on Arkadia offers a daily skill reward , as well as an Unlimited vehicle (dropship) as a mission reward on day 343. 1 day = 100 oratan prospector kills , and each day is not less than 20 hours.

The entire mission is 823 days long , with attribute tokens ( Agility , psyche , stamina ) in later stages.

Though I had been to Arkadia many times throughout the years , this mission gave me a much better feel for the planet and community.

Crone remembers that MA said the missions would be removed after a year.. they said it during migration? So.... 60-90 days left, isn't enough for this one. Anyways, Crone didn't explain that he likes to stay in the Calypso area. He likes icecream.

San
Those with attribute tokens in the rewards are worth prioritizing, because we don't know if/when they will come back. Watch how much it costs you, if it's a mob not interesting otherwise.

Crone never ever went for attributes, he prefers skills :D This might be stupid, but that's fine.

Apparently, some extra information is needed. Crone will hunt with Gremlin, 5B or Adj Pixie (with or without 5B). He is using a Ajusted resto chip with a level 6 regen chip. He might consider a healer. He shoots laser pistol like, ArcMatrix LP-50 doing nice damage. Incl his only ring Crone has about 190 hp.

He finished Atrox only because he likes hunting them. He could go for bronze, but they are not cheap to hunt. He is considering marcimex and aurli at this point, but Crone is open te great suggestions.

MA confirmed last year that the Iron missions would continue until after Migration this year https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ssion-System&p=3720664&highlight=#post3720664.

More recently there was mention from MA of the September VU.

As for which to do given the short timescale for you, take an hour to write a list of all those you have outstanding
Ignore all those you hate or don't yet have the skills to do.

Name of mob Amount completed KP or Kills Reward
Atrox 4579 of 10k kills three sherbet lollies and a packet of bonbons
Primordial Longu 14767 0f 60k KP 6 cream cones and a car wash token

You get the idea

Then delete those that have rewards you don't want/need or give a damn about
Next delete those that will take way too long or be way too expensive to do

What you have left is your target list
Just give it a priority order and go go go… Kill, maim, destroy, HOF

GL with it all

MA confirmed last year that the Iron missions would continue until after Migration this year https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ssion-System&p=3720664&highlight=#post3720664.

More recently there was mention from MA of the September VU.

As for which to do given the short timescale for you, take an hour to write a list of all those you have outstanding
Ignore all those you hate or don't yet have the skills to do.

Name of mob Amount completed KP or Kills Reward
Atrox 4579 of 10k kills three sherbet lollies and a packet of bonbons
Primordial Longu 14767 0f 60k KP 6 cream cones and a car wash token

You get the idea

Then delete those that have rewards you don't want/need or give a damn about
Next delete those that will take way too long or be way too expensive to do

What you have left is your target list
Just give it a priority order and go go go… Kill, maim, destroy, HOF

GL with it all

Thanks Granny, very organized advice, that Crone appreciates. But Crone did that and finished Atrox. Now... he just doesn't know. Latest update: Crone cannot get passed all the bosses in the marcimex cave, so that's a no no.

Which means Aurli is left on his list, short list, wish he knew more. Crone is afraid Aurli will drain him.

Consider that Aurli is taxed, which means there should be better reasons to do them than just getting the checkmark for the iron mission, at least if money is any concern at all. If you're already on the 5000 kills stage, then finishing it will unlock your access to the special caves. If you're already ahead, then there is nothing in it except the mission reward (Aurli do give attributes btw). If you're below, i.e. up to 1k is the last stage you're permitted to finish, then you'll be in Codex land anyway if/when you want to unlock the caves.

If you really don't know what to choose, but know what you don't want, then do a combination of the suggestions given above: Eliminate what you don't want or what is too costly or above your skills/equipment, and go about the rest in the order of existing progress, i.e. prioritize what you can finish the soonest.

If this still doesn't work for you, you need a more elaborate tool ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision_matrix

Crone is half way 5k aurli - 1

Back