Mayhem Assault Suspected Exploit and my Support Experience

Seregi

Alpha
Society
Antipodean Army
Crystal Crissy Dunstone
G'day All,

So as most who are competing would be aware of the current potential exploit after seeing the post by infamousH4 regarding the suspected exploits surrounding the Mayhem Assault instance and buff persistence between sessions.

I, like a number of others submitted support cases to MA not only to make them aware of this but also to seek clarification on if this occurrence is indeed an exploit as we suspect or if it is a mechanic that we should be taking advantage of.

Like most support cases I have ever submitted relating to bugs I received the cookie cutter reply that my concerns had been forwarded on to the relevant teams and that I should keep an eye on the Entropia News and Release Notes for any updates.

However my section regarding clarity on if this was intended or if it was an exploit was overlooked and not addressed. In this instance I decided to contact the live support thought the Entropia Support site and sought clarification on this point.

This is where my interaction goes from my regular interactions of a one-sided conversation with MA to one that I find very disconcerting. I was clearly told by the MA Support team member that I would NOT be told if the mechanic I was seeking clarification on was an exploit or was intended. I was told that if I were to utilize this mechanic then I would be taking the risk that action would be taken against my account should MA at a later time reveal that this is indeed an exploit.

Given that Mayhem is a time-limited event I feel that being asked to wait for an MA response via news article or release notes and failing to clarify the concerns that a mechanic is an exploit while simultaneously levying the threat that action against ones account could be taken should they use this mechanic to gain a level playing field is not only a dangerous precedent but also discourages people from reporting exploits in the future.

/RantOver

But its so much fun to sit on the fence.... make sure their favorites win and if they dont then they can roll out the ban hammer on the ones that did "cheat"...

everyone has become eco pro but bug idiots all of a sudden. it doesn't matter if you have support or not if you use an object or a technique not listed in the actions which benefits you compared to most it cannot be a bit of a feather :bs:

I am in the game since 2003 I saw past bugs and exploits, the difference being that now it has become too serious a competition for advantageous bugs . Everyone wants or will want to try to be better than the others but to use it in competition for prices that must be even more banisable than simply playing or quest farming.

Given that Mayhem is a time-limited event I feel that being asked to wait for an MA response via news article or release notes and failing to clarify the concerns that a mechanic is an exploit while simultaneously levying the threat that action against ones account could be taken should they use this mechanic to gain a level playing field is not only a dangerous precedent but also discourages people from reporting exploits in the future.
This is quite an audacity indeed. I have never seen such a stance being uttered by a company that wants to retain customers. If I was getting friendlier with the idea of competing at last, it was just crushed again. Thank you for bringing this to light.

This could all be fixed with better coding. Hilarious that they keep throwing mayhems and robots and dasps, and you name it to keep us (the population) distracted while ignoring real issues and kicking the proverbial can down the road.

This game was a lot better before all of the “events” they have added. I wish they would just Fix the issues at hand before throwing us more buggy events. It’s like we are in a constant beta test for a game that is nearing 20 years old.

This could all be fixed with better coding. Hilarious that they keep throwing mayhems and robots and dasps, and you name it to keep us (the population) distracted while ignoring real issues and kicking the proverbial can down the road.

This game was a lot better before all of the “events” they have added. I wish they would just Fix the issues at hand before throwing us more buggy events. It’s like we are in a constant beta test for a game that is nearing 20 years old.

More like seemingly a family owned enterprise that is top.heavy and gives development to outsourced and extremely cheap developers.. because THIS is the result you get when you don't staff properly and do not provide adequate oversight.

I try not to be critical.but good lord... this is almost as bad as some sketchy companies from the HYIP days 15 years ago.

Chances are the person you are talking to doesn't have the authority or knowledge to actually make the call on if this is a feature or an exploit. So to cover themselves they have to make the statement as given.

It would have to get passed up the chain for someone with better knowledge and/or authority to make the call on what to do in said situation. Unfortunately it seems that whoever that person is seems to be a slack-ass :dunce:

More like seemingly a family owned enterprise that is top.heavy and gives development to outsourced and extremely cheap developers.. because THIS is the result you get when you don't staff properly and do not provide adequate oversight.

I try not to be critical.but good lord... this is almost as bad as some sketchy companies from the HYIP days 15 years ago.

Good God I hope they sell at some point to a developer that actually gives a shit. #bringbackmarco!

Even better sell to a player owned fund. This game has some of the smartest people I have ever met :D

Would be nice to see some passion back in the game. Shoutout to Arkadia for at least trying.

Chances are the person you are talking to doesn't have the authority or knowledge to actually make the call on if this is a feature or an exploit. So to cover themselves they have to make the statement as given.

It would have to get passed up the chain for someone with better knowledge and/or authority to make the call on what to do in said situation. Unfortunately it seems that whoever that person is seems to be a slack-ass :dunce:

While this would make sense for the response in web chat it would then make sense that the support case which is available to the teams who can make a determination would be left open until a response could be provided.

Instead t was immediately closed.

I totally agree as when we had just a few events per year on Calypso it had several beneficial effects for the game as a whole. More DOES NOT = better

1. Large events need cash, fewer events give the average budget player time to top up ped card and get the gear that will give them a chance on a more even playing field. They would therefore be better attended, and people would feel less need to exploit to try and gain an edge. Profit for MA probably wouldn't drop much as it would be the same pie but fewer slices, they may even game as less overhead in time to monitor and run the events, and less bugs to 'fix'

2. Fewer events on Calypso would give the planet partners space to do some of their own without clashing. Giving players a reason to explore the Universe. MA would still doubtless get their cut of the profit, yet the running of the events would be done by the PP and give them time to work on fixing bugs, testing code etc, DOING the day job of a professional programmer.

3. I would add however that 'Buffs' are in many ways totally out of control, we have gone from a few rings to pets, pills, enhanced weapons and armours to heaven knows what else, many of which stack (intended or not).
The opportunities for the must win at all costs brigade to exploit the unintended side effects have therefore risen exponentially. I don't take place in Mayhems or similar events, because quite frankly I don't trust the results to be a reflection of player ability. It is all about size of ped card and knowing how to obtain best combination of buffs/gear, that isn't the EU I enjoy.

Please MA consider cutting back to say 1 Universal access mayhem per season (Easter, summer, Halloween and Xmas), with say 1 other Calypso based planet side event per season, robot invasion, summer migration, etc Absolute ma of 6 per year if some are small and short-lived.
We will then all have something to look forward to, to anticipate and plan for, we may even end up spending more. Instead of the constant assault of event on top of event that is leaving players bewildered and frankly burnt out. Instead of panicking when some leave and adding an event to keep them interested, step back, give them breathing space to play the game they used to enjoy.

and at the risk of stirring up controversy.. how about we remember that Entropia a 'Universe' and have an event for space, a wave spawn at 2 or 3 locations with shared loot ( maybe one that is restricted entry to 2 person vehicles and inside non-lootable to reduce risk of piracy), but perhaps another with higher level mobs and better loot to tempt us out in PVP and suited to the larger ships

Reactions: San
Good God I hope they sell at some point to a developer that actually gives a shit. #bringbackmarco!

Even better sell to a player owned fund. This game has some of the smartest people I have ever met :D

Would be nice to see some passion back in the game. Shoutout to Arkadia for at least trying.

someone running a kickstarter. seems legit. would be fantastic to see this games potential actually realized. reignite the dream!!

G'day All,

Given that Mayhem is a time-limited event I feel that being asked to wait for an MA response via news article or release notes and failing to clarify the concerns that a mechanic is an exploit while simultaneously levying the threat that action against ones account could be taken should they use this mechanic to gain a level playing field is not only a dangerous precedent but also discourages people from reporting exploits in the future

/RantOver

At least you got an answer :laugh:
I haven't gotten any answer, even if I added followup information, clips etc. Not even the classic "we will forward..."
I'm not looking forward to get one anyway, I don't think this will change any time soon. If an exploit is discovered during the event, thee are slim to none chances of getting an answer or an action taken in a short period of time, even if the Mayhem is the main attraction of the game atm and very important
Btw...

I totally agree as when we had just a few events per year on Calypso it had several beneficial effects for the game as a whole. More DOES NOT = better
[...]
I don't take place in Mayhems or similar events, because quite frankly I don't trust the results to be a reflection of player ability. It is all about size of ped card and knowing how to obtain best combination of buffs/gear, that isn't the EU I enjoy.

Please MA consider cutting back to say 1 Universal access mayhem per season (Easter, summer, Halloween and Xmas), with say 1 other Calypso based planet side event per season, robot invasion, summer migration, etc Absolute ma of 6 per year if some are small and short-lived.
I disagree.
I hope they don't do that just because there are players that do not play them anyway. You're not playing any Mayhem nor the mini in-between events but you want them almost gone? The activity in the game increased drastically since these events got so many. Activity has risen on all professions to support the hunting profession. And yeah, even if you don't like buffs, higher turnover is preferred by many, people will want to shoot more for profit or for fun. The game outside events is boring, especially when you reach a certain level.

I disagree.
I hope they don't do that just because there are players that do not play them anyway. You're not playing any Mayhem nor the mini in-between events but you want them almost gone? The activity in the game increased drastically since these events got so many. Activity has risen on all professions to support the hunting profession. And yeah, even if you don't like buffs, higher turnover is preferred by many, people will want to shoot more for profit or for fun. The game outside events is boring, especially when you reach a certain level.

Having at least 6 is hardly almost gone, especially when each lasts between one or 2 weeks. What I am suggesting is then some of the gaps between would open up opportunities for events on other planets, without them having to compete for the same players at the same time as yet another event on Caly. What would be good is some variety of location and style, this would imo offer choices to a wider playerbase

That I don't do most events is, I am fully aware, my choice. Yet maybe because I don't I can stand back and look on dispassionately and see that at present the system is choking itself to death. Too many events on Caly blocks out the PPs, it also reduces time for the programmers to properly test code before launch rather than the suck it and see approach we have so often. And for heavens sake MA can you properly allocate sufficient server space for each and every event, so both those in the events, and those elsewhere can play without lag, server shut downs and being thown out of game
A better quality event rather than higher quantity should seriously be considered... who knows I might even then join in, as may others that are concerned the existing systems for events are tailored to the privileged few.

That I don't do most events is, I am fully aware, my choice.
I perfectly understand that, it' no problem. But, then you are barely a consumer of this product and you are asking for the main source of income to be removed or reduced to 10%. This doesn't make any sense... just on a promise that you may consume some of the product when it will be available in like 10% of what it is now but with a better taste...
So asking to remove the income source and to develop a new one, that 'might' bring back some $.... do you think you can get everyone that is doing events now to go into space and decay the same? Common Granny Rowan, I know you like space but we don't, most of us.
And I don't know about events choking the game atm, the activity in mayhems seems to be increasing with each event. Is that really a bad thing? There are 540 avatars that took part in last mayhem in annihilation. Is anyone killing any space mob these days?

What we need is some basic communication from the developers in regards to ... well anything related because there has been a lot of discussion recently on this and some forbidding this, allowing that, would go along way, especially during the events.

2. Fewer events on Calypso would give the planet partners space to do some of their own without clashing. Giving players a reason to explore the Universe. MA would still doubtless get their cut of the profit, yet the running of the events would be done by the PP and give them time to work on fixing bugs, testing code etc, DOING the day job of a professional programmer.

We will then all have something to look forward to, to anticipate and plan for, we may even end up spending more. Instead of the constant assault of event on top of event that is leaving players bewildered and frankly burnt out. Instead of panicking when some leave and adding an event to keep them interested, step back, give them breathing space to play the game they used to enjoy.

PP just need to offer more incentive (i.e prizes) if they do an event....and also make the prizes something they have control over unlike land plots.

The idea of PP is that they are their own, and should get their own player base. Not take players from other planets. Offering a decent prize is incentive for others to go to their planet to participate and maybe those players will stop to explore.

Granted Caly has a ton of events every year, but that is to make sure people stay and spend on that planet. PP just need to step up with competing, instead of players expecting Caly to reduce and give others a chance.

What business goes, oh we are taking most of the sales/profit...lets just scale back so as other businesses can come in and also get some as well. None, unless they are merging or doing something shady.

So perhaps go to those PP and ask them to start doing decent events instead.

Also you don't have to aim to compete in every mayhem event, you could aim to just compete in the Merry Mayhem or something. No need to reduce the events for others who enjoy logging in to do these events every few months. Just because there are a lot of them, doesn't mean you can't get prepared for only one of them. Some do that for Eomon...they prepare all year getting skills/ped, etc and then put in their best effort to maximise on that event.

So perhaps go to those PP and ask them to start doing decent events instead.

I'm asking Arkadia for 3 years what's up with that Gold Rush event which was pretty decent. No answer...or something along the lines of ... soon™

I was concerned that my mentioning space would be misinterpreted as wanting stuff in space instead of planet..NOT TRUE. Just that it has for many, many years been an under-developed part of the universe and a neglected source of potential income. It is owned and run by MA and therefore is for them to develop.

You may not like it as it is, but with the right events, who knows what fun we might all find up there.
As for my liking space and 'most' people not liking it, that is not only one hell of an assumption it is tbh irrelevant.
Yes I own a ship, yes I spend time operating services for other players to use. Do I spend most of my time in space...hell no, I am a hunter/miner/crafter like so many players, I just feel it would offer another aspect to the game, and more is good right ? We don't have to keep repeating the same old events in order to have fun, we can and should expect 'development' of new material, rather than re-labelling of existing stuff.

You seem to feel that I am not entitled to an opinion on events like Mayhem because I don't participate, yet you consistently have a negative opinion of space and it's role in the Universe. That is quite frankly ludicrous, a bit like saying a fan (observer) of a sport has no right to an opinion of how good or bad a match was, that all opinions should be from team members only. Or that only artists can critique another artists paintings.
The reasons I don't participate are complex but certainly the broken events, screwed up scoring and exploits don't encourage me to try to find the time to join in. I do however watch with interest and encourage friends that do Mayhem, things can be of interest even without direct participation. You may not like space , we get that, and you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't let it get in the way of constructive discussion of options for the game

As for the other planets it seems to me that if MA stopped competing for players i.e. Calypso v the rest of EU, then perhaps the Universe part of the game name might take on it's true meaning. Most of us will travel in real life to an event in another town or country, it doesn't mean we don't go home, doesn't mean we don't look for events locally in future.
Variety is the spice of life, more choices at more locations across the whole Universe would imo boost the interest levels for jaded older players as well as attract new ones. Which has to be good for us all

So lets encourage MA to test more carefully to ensure any and all events run smoothly and the exploits of recent events can be a thing of the past. If that means they have to drop some to give themselves more time for QA I am sure it would be to everyone's benefit overall

Last edited:
I was concerned that my mentioning space would be misinterpreted as wanting stuff in space instead of planet..NOT TRUE. Just that it has for many, many years been an under-developed part of the universe and a neglected source of potential income. It is owned and run by MA and therefore is for them to develop.

You may not like it as it is, but with the right events, who knows what fun we might all find up there.
As for my liking space and 'most' people not liking it, that is not only one hell of an assumption it is tbh irrelevant.
Yes I own a ship, yes I spend time operating services for other players to use. Do I spend most of my time in space...hell no, I am a hunter/miner/crafter like so many players, I just feel it would offer another aspect to the game, and more is good right ? We don't have to keep repeating the same old events in order to have fun, we can and should expect 'development' of new material, rather than re-labelling of existing stuff.

You seem to feel that I am not entitled to an opinion on events like Mayhem because I don't participate, yet you consistently have a negative opinion of space and it's role in the Universe. That is quite frankly ludicrous, a bit like saying a fan (observer) of a sport has no right to an opinion of how good or bad a match was, that all opinions should be from team members only. Or that only artists can critique another artists paintings.
The reasons I don't participate are complex but certainly the broken events, screwed up scoring and exploits don't encourage me to try to find the time to join in. I do however watch with interest and encourage friends that do Mayhem, things can be of interest even without direct participation. You may not like space , we get that, and you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't let it get in the way of constructive discussion of options for the game

As for the other planets it seems to me that if MA stopped competing for players i.e. Calypso v the rest of EU, then perhaps the Universe part of the game name might take on it's true meaning. Most of us will travel in real life to an event in another town or country, it doesn't mean we don't go home, doesn't mean we don't look for events locally in future.
Variety is the spice of life, more choices at more locations across the whole Universe would imo boost the interest levels for jaded older players as well as attract new ones. Which has to be good for us all

So lets encourage MA to test more carefully to ensure any and all events run smoothly and the exploits of recent events can be a thing of the past. If that means they have to drop some to give themselves more time for QA I am sure it would be to everyone's benefit overall

I agree with mostly everything you said, we all want development , in space too, but Mayhems should not be removed, they're a hot product atm, generating a lot of turnover.

I'm asking Arkadia for 3 years what's up with that Gold Rush event which was pretty decent. No answer...or something along the lines of ... soon™

If that's their attitude, then its unlikely they would do something even if Caly events decreased.
It would not be hard to have an event implemented, like the gold rush event, provided they seriously looked at rewards or how they could reward people for attempting. It would take some funding up front though and perhaps that is their biggest issue. I mean look at Ark Moon, the funding for that didn't go well, and neither has the development.

i said it before and ill say it again. just dont play. or at least dont cycle peds. dont depo. kill MAs revenue stream. if they wont make money off Entropia anymore they might consider selling it to a proper company. because honestly... it cant be worse than this.

Back