The PED-USD connection - will it last?

Well MA have their debts to players in PED/USD so I guess they should be winners if the dollar got cheaper :silly2::silly2: But they would loosers in the long run if players don't compesate the cheaper dollar with spending more of it.

Well MA have their debts to players in PED/USD so I guess they should be winners if the dollar got cheaper :silly2::silly2: But they would loosers in the long run if players don't compesate the cheaper dollar with spending more of it.

this only if they turn dollars to euros, wich is unlikely

i think u guys are overestimating usd, i personally like the currency a lot, but its tied to USA, wich is collapsing.

I never understood why ped is linked to the dollar and not the EURO. MA is located in sweden, its bank aswell. The euro is much more stable then the dollar. so why are we linking ped to dollars? Seems like a bad idea with the curent economy.

That's...not what the fed is doing, nor is it even related to the feds' primary function. They manipulate interest rates for bonds, which influences cash flow within the market. The DOW is more-or-less maintaining/increasing right now because the stock market is a FUTURE projection and people are hopeful that things will recover quickly.

Please stop pretending to understand economics and writing the 50th "what if the USD fails" thread of the week. IF any cryptocurrency becomes a major currency, it'll very likely be an established coin or a branch of an existing coin/algorithm - but this is also incredibly unlikely in the near term. The USD will be just fine, and if it's not we will all have much bigger worries.

End thread.

That is exactly what the Fed is doing!! What news are you reading? Are you familiar with Quantative Easing?

The fed is absolutely propping up the bond and stock markets... do I have to provide hundreds of links to this topic?

I never understood why ped is linked to the dollar and not the EURO. MA is located in sweden, its bank aswell. The euro is much more stable then the dollar. so why are we linking ped to dollars? Seems like a bad idea with the curent economy.

I think this is because Project Entropia started development back in 95/96, but the euro as a currency wasn't born officially until 1999. Even then, it wasn't until later that the euro was considered to be a stable currency.

I think that's mainly why PED is tied to the dollar and not the euro, besides the dollar was much more powerful back then.

But I'm not an expert by any means, I could be wrong.

I think this is because Project Entropia started development back in 95/96, but the euro as a currency wasn't born officially until 1999. Even then, it wasn't until later that the euro was considered to be a stable currency.

I think that's mainly why PED is tied to the dollar and not the euro, besides the dollar was much more powerful back then.

But I'm not an expert by any means, I could be wrong.

Oh wow I knew the game was old but not that old :D

That is exactly what the Fed is doing!! What news are you reading? Are you familiar with Quantative Easing?

The fed is absolutely propping up the bond and stock markets... do I have to provide hundreds of links to this topic?
correct... biggest... bubbel... ever...

right...but is this ALL that MA thinks?
Most certainly not. They need to earn their day-to-day living in SEK, whose exchange rate to EUR is kept within a narrow corridor by agreement with the European Union. Hence a tie to the EUR might make more sense superficially, but as pointed out above, it didn't exist yet or was just in its infancy when Entropia was conceived.

The other reason floated around is that the majority of the playerbase is in the US, while the part remaining unsaid is that to make it so you'd have to have a strategy to focus on that market in the first place and a reason for doing so, which reverses cause and effect.

Some like to speculate that with the uncertain future of the USD, a switch to tying PED to EUR might be worth considering. However, the future of the EUR also has its challenges and you don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to see the clouds. Just remember that nothing in the digital world is forever and all fiat currencies firmly belong in this category. MindArk with their backgrounds in the financial world certainly knows this and will have made arrangements to deal with such risks.

... MindArk with their backgrounds in the financial world certainly knows this and will have made arrangements to deal with such risks.
Right. So, this would be a third party proxy political promise!!?? I like it. Happy now.

Right. So, this would be a third party proxy political promise!!?? I like it. Happy now.
A what? I don't know, I suppose they do is all I'm saying. It's an essential part of making such a project sustainable.

A what? I don't know, I suppose they do is all I'm saying. It's an essential part of making such a project sustainable.
I know, you know, others know this too. BUT DOES MA KNOW? It's not so obvious to me that they do. If we are assuming, then I assume they aren't. They have yet to respond to this topic afaik.

I know, you know, others know this too. BUT DOES MA KNOW? It's not so obvious to me that they do. If we are assuming, then I assume they aren't. They have yet to respond to this topic afaik.
The moment I arrived at such a conclusion I would stop spending any more money on the game. The part I don't understand is why others do (and much more than I can) while constantly claiming they are incompetent. You and I and most people here are not competent to assess that, but I'll credit their background for being ahead in this field. This doesn't mean I think all their financial decisions were wise, but that they know how to hedge currency risk which is solely the topic of this thread. A piece of evidence might be that we're still here after so many years, having crossed a timespan during which the EUR/USD exchange rate has reversed back and forth.

Lol... has anyone else besides me ever had the thought about the possibility that MA endgame might be ENTROPY of the US dollar? It was just a thought excercise I ran when I first learned about fiat currency design many years ago...

Am not implying anything just always thought it an interesting thought...

tik - tok - tik - tok ...
the inflation clock is ticking both in USD and EURO-land

Last edited:
Actually in view of recent events and the strength of GBP against both the USD and EURO, perhaps EU should consider linking PED to GBP. I am of course joking, but my comment is no more ridiculous than some of the other comments here. I honestly believe that if USD ever does collapse, our EU investments will be the least of our worries. Keep it like it is, I can see the GBP going up in the next 12 months which means I will get more bang for my buck when I depo. After 9 years I have seen constant fluctuations of the GBP to USD and about 5 years ago I was watching the exchange rate on a daily basis and would select when to depo. The difference was never much but every extra ped counts

Hope it's okay to revive this since the topic is gaining new momentum. What seemed like a fringe theory until recently, the world outside the Western bubble is now actively pursuing to dethrone the US Dollar from its role as the world's reserve currency. Especially countries that got slapped or threatened with sanctions are fed up with weaponization of the currency and aren't having it anymore. The details are beyond this forum to discuss but everyone interested should include BRICS as a keyword in your news stream. Whether we agree with anything happening there or not, they mean business. Also, a number of central banks in countries not limited to said organization have been ramping up their gold purchases while the public is kept busy with pandemics, climate panic, woke stuff, ChatGPT and whatnot. Better start looking where it matters.

Hope it's okay to revive this since the topic is gaining new momentum. What seemed like a fringe theory until recently, the world outside the Western bubble is now actively pursuing to dethrone the US Dollar from its role as the world's reserve currency. Especially countries that got slapped or threatened with sanctions are fed up with weaponization of the currency and aren't having it anymore. The details are beyond this forum to discuss but everyone interested should include BRICS as a keyword in your news stream. Whether we agree with anything happening there or not, they mean business. Also, a number of central banks in countries not limited to said organization have been ramping up their gold purchases while the public is kept busy with pandemics, climate panic, woke stuff, ChatGPT and whatnot. Better start looking where it matters.

True. But the de-dollarization of the world is not going to happen overnight.

index.php

The fck you all talk about😂😂😂

Ped = virtual thin air you produce out of electricity , its more of a token

USD = currency you pay stuff with it

USD fails = mindark chooses another currency to sell theyr product because they need a Currency to pay theyr bills

Tomorrow we culd be tied to Euro this does not change a thing in the entropia economy

Tomorrow we culd be tied to Euro this does not change a thing in the entropia economy
It might be that simple, or the opposite. Nobody really knows what the consequences will be. Analyst opinions may be worth as much as a monkey throwing darts. The thing for the developer is to have options if/when a change becomes inevitable, and that requires planning for not having to ask ChatGPT at the last moment because you were busy with whatever. I trust they do that, but with a much larger stake in the game I'd be challenged and would want to hear more.

ZERO MOMENTUM... ped is 1/10th of a dollar, the sky is not falling and conspiration theorist are debunked every day.
again this Hyperinflation BS....
in EUrope we want a lower ped so we can buy more in game currency. devalue dollar and we buy all mayhem weapons

Last edited:
<sarc>
oh yes, the usd is totally fine for wealth storage:
US+dollar+Value+3-value-of-the-dollar.jpg

indeed, the us is one of the richest countries
The-History-of-US-Debt-1024x555.png

there is absolutely no risk involved in a situation like this
</sarc>

But in the end it does not matter, since most of the world is going to keep inflating their currencies, and when they are loosing a certain amount of value, they will be replaced by the according CBDC's, managed by Circle, and tight to the SDR. Time will tell.

Reserve currencies come and go, it has always been like this. USD is no different.
History-of-Reserve-Currencies.jpg

Last edited:
USD will continue to be the world's reserve currency far beyond our lifetimes. ECB and BOE are printing money faster than the US anyways, so it's a moot point.

This, albeit not "far beyond our lifetime" it will not change in our lifetime most likely.

The "change in world order" has happened many times already and we are in a change at the moment, what will be the pinnacle that changes it in the end will come after we are dead, for sure. Sucks that we have to endure the turnmoil of it all but hey, thats life, shits fucked anyways.

Also on pure economics i know jack shit and i'm not good at it, but i'm fairly certain the US dollar and economy is based on debt, and wouldnt that mean that it only gets stronger after bad times where debt increases? :p

Its all a matter of trust.

On one side you have China and Russia with their respective autocrats and non converyible currencies.

On the other you have strong democracies.

So: do you trust US or Russia will dictate will you have USD or Rubles.

And if you need 10 million bushels of wheat or a new nuclear submarine - will you buy it easier with Rubles or Dollars?

Debt is there to produce liquidity, its covered with inflation and value stored in economy power. Not a lump of metal that ppl used before.

I.

this going from micro to macro is really amusing expecially spiced with some conspiration and hyperinflation hypotesis.

PED/USD is a PEG that gives no matter to SEK balance account.
Being USD a LIABILITY for MA (PED sold are a liability for the company)
this can be a problem OF THE GAMERS seeing their item values depleted (for gamers PED are an asset)
as an european i would see no matter to accept a conversion 1 ped = 1 SEK or so, they are in a 10% badwidth since forever.
UE/USD exahcnge is neutral at 1.10/1.15... under 1 fed suffer over 1.3 BCE suffers
the rest is usual myth of US = Zimbabwe and Austrian economy .. suggestive but not applicable

this going from micro to macro is really amusing expecially spiced with some conspiration and hyperinflation hypotesis.

Yea, ppl talking about some entropia impact of de-dolarization. Pff. Cmon. If world actually de-dolarizes then our Asian masters will show us how to weed that field in second great leap forward. Entropia and PED will be least of your concerns. Kids.

And noone even understands how public debt even works. Why FIAT was introduced, how stuff is financed on macro level, what is liquidity, what is solvency and so on and so on.

I.

Nobody knows how long it takes until something happens, and what the exact consequences will be when it does, but they're working on it -- 'they' being a very significant portion of the world outside of our bubble and our control. Everybody can follow the news on his or her own and certainly conclusions will differ, but in the end we're just sitting on the fence and watching things moving forward elsewhere. They are truly fed up, and they mean it.

Just the latest -
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/escobar-golden-ruble-30-sco-welcomes-new-global-globe

Back