Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I really think the RCE aspect of this game is the main problem overall. Tying into the USD WAS the stablest option, but I think that is no longer true. If money is the root of all evil, PEDs is also.

Hyperinflated USD might actually be happening now. Is there a contingency plan? :
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ntingency-plan

PED pegged to gold or silver is interesting idea. Imagine how interesting PED/BTC would be.

I don't know what to peg to that would hold the values of our accounts. But staying pegged to USD in this environment is going to be a very bad thing IMO.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    When I first started playing EU well over a decade ago, I could get almost $2 for each 1. So almost 20 ped to the 1. That exchange rate has declined drastically.

I have more faith in a real world currency than crypto currency. Can't see dollar failing anytime soon, no matter how much debt a nation builds.

Rick.
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Avalon Butterfly Erupter
    Society
    AON
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps they'll just revive their DeepToken.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jhan Delarea Freitas
    Society
    Freelancer
    I hope they dont touch this

Its be long b.s if my profits start worth nothing
    because someone say hey now you going be payed with fake-coins that have no real values

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    If the dollar falls, the USD-PED connection will be the least of your worries.

More than 65 countries peg their currencies to the U.S. dollar while five U.S. territories and seven sovereign countries use it as their official currency of exchange. It is the most accepted currency in the world, in any country you go you can exchange dollars for the local currency. In order for USD to fail all of the above will have to stop abruptly which I can't imagine in any scenario. The USD will most likely fade away in time as the sole major reserve currency and the world will use as reserve currency a basket of currencies like XDR which includes the dollar. Removing the PED USD peg would be the end of Entropia.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    mawa sponza ludacha

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    TBH I don't think the PED-USD connection will change.

It is a fact that with 10k USD today, you can't buy what you could buy 10 years ago, and 20 years ago,... etc. The USD is a permanent devaluation/inflation system, which has been succeeding in its mission.

This system ensures that the savings of your grandparents and parents will have lost most of their value, by the time you inherit them. After all,... if you had enough money, you could escape the worker/tax system... It is undesirable for you to reach a state of wealth. The 0.1% wants to keep the gap between them and you.

USD-PED
    If you deposit 10k USD in Entropia today, deliving you 100.000 ped, and if you're lucky andare able to withdraw it in 5 years. That 10k will look like break-even to you, but in 5years it will be worth like what is 8k today.

GLD-PED or SLV-PED
    If you deposit 10k USD in Entropia today, delivering you 100.000 ped (for instance, could be a diff. amount), and if you're lucky you are able to withdraw it in 5 years. Then your 100.000 ped is converted, according to the price of gold which always increases throughout history, ... you will get more then 10k USD back

That would make EU acutally interesting as an investment, and make it more then just gaming and spending your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It is a fact that with 10k USD today, you can't buy what you could buy 10 years ago, and 20 years ago,... etc. The USD is a permanent devaluation/inflation system, which has been succeeding in its mission.

This system ensures that the savings of your grandparents and parents will have lost most of their value, by the time you inherit them. After all,... if you had enough money, you could escape the worker/tax system... It is undesirable for you to reach a state of wealth. The 0.1% wants to keep the gap between them and you.

USD-PED
    If you deposit 10k USD in Entropia today, deliving you 100.000 ped, and if you're lucky andare able to withdraw it in 5 years. That 10k will look like break-even to you, but in 5years it will be worth like what is 8k today.

GLD-PED or SLV-PED
    If you deposit 10k USD in Entropia today, delivering you 100.000 ped (for instance, could be a diff. amount), and if you're lucky you are able to withdraw it in 5 years. Then your 100.000 ped is converted, according to the price of gold which always increases throughout history, ... you will get more then 10k USD back

That would make EU acutally interesting as an investment, and make it more then just gaming and spending your money.
    Instead of playing a 'game' ... why dont you trade forex or commodities against forex. You seem to an insightful wizard of all things future...

You would do much better trading forex, then getting worked up over 101% tt.

Mature
    Rick Ricardo Sanchez
    Society
    Kaos

Thumbs Down

Then why even make this thread? The whole premise was you wondering if that connection would last?

USD-PED

GLD-PED or SLV-PED

And imagine thinking gold or silver is 1) more stable, 2) a good choice of investment to keep up with inflation, and 3) easier to back and exchange than the USD. With your impenetrable understanding of economics and inflation, you should just day trade and leave us idiots behind. Soon enough, you'll be able to just buy us all out with your mountains of precious metals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast