Info: Auction/Crafting Exploit - Time Expired

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
All,

I reported an exploit and gave 2 weeks for Mindark to both acknowledge and fix the problem, but they did neither. As such, the time allotted before going to public has expired. The support case is still unanswered, showing the lackluster support procedures this company has and apparently no intent to change them. I have no words, certainly none positive, about the worthlessness of sending a support case. As a shot to Mindark et all, I better never see another request from any admin to submit a support case; as it is a waste of time.

The exploit: On June 14th, 2020, following a patch, it was now possible to buy items/resources from other planets and craft with them without paying for auction transport fees. This works for as long as you buy them from opening the auction terminal from the crafting terminal and never close the manufacture window, thus resetting the inventory. Prior to the patch earlier in the month, this resulted in Operation Error and you had to reset the window.

TL version: You can buy metal residue (or any resource) from another planet and craft with it while being on another planet - without paying ANYTHING in fees - as you choose to leave it on the other planet.

To Mindark, with all the exploits, if my support team (that I manage) did this to the customer base - ignored them.. I would fire them. Hell, I would be fired for letting it happen. Fix it. Now. I will hold you to the same standard that I am held to.

Last edited:
Looks like we got the cross-planet auction we all wanted. :yay:

Great way to shaft warp services... again... :mad:

Not only are the fees we were promised would be accessible to us in cargo missions falling into some black hole, now this!

Sounds like a nice feature.
Please keep it in place.

Just give us a list of all the resources that don't drop anymore.
Along with the list of broken BPs so we don't buy them from doosh bags on the broker anymore.
Then give us new BPs that use Aurli Bones and everything else the old timers have a monopoly on.

Would be interesting to know why there are so many problems in almost all
parts of this universe. Is it due to staff, tools or what?
They do seek for a game programmer, so maybe it could be a shortage of staff
not only when it comes to create code (they seek for a character artist also).
Doubt we'll get any answers why it is as it is, but one thing is quite obvious
with all sloppy mistakes... they need to shape up when it comes to quality
of what they create.

Would be interesting to know why there are so many problems in almost all
parts of this universe. Is it due to staff, tools or what?
They do seek for a game programmer, so maybe it could be a shortage of staff
not only when it comes to create code (they seek for a character artist also).
Doubt we'll get any answers why it is as it is, but one thing is quite obvious
with all sloppy mistakes... they need to shape up when it comes to quality
of what they create.

They don't have the employees to do basic things like testing and customer support.

They don't have enough money to hire needed employees.

They don't advertise to bring in more money.

They don't have the employees to do basic things like testing and customer support.

and don't forget they are getting greedy !!!

instead of investing in the future and in the game, you'd better invest it in yourself!

They do have some competion from other developers to hire someone from that region
they are located at. "Local" coders probably consider those more interesting, so MA might
have some issues to find good coders that are realy good but still at junior level when it
comes salary. ;)

Time to go crafting...

Thanks $5, there's no way I ever would have found out about this one on my own.

It's sad that you have to drop a nuke in the forum for stuff to get fixed.

I think this, and the fruit exploit, falls under the "knowledge of the universe" factor in influencing your game returns.

Maybe too much allocated to profits and not enough allocated to game improvement, then.

well it definitely isn't going to the devs, QA, or support staff.

This option didn't come up after the last patch. lol
I've known about it for at least a year and I never thought it was a bug.

This option didn't come up after the last patch. lol
I've known about it for at least a year and I never thought it was a bug.

It did and was previous resulting in operation error. After the patch, it fixed. If it existed before hand then a lot of folka have been exploiting. You can't NOT think it was a defect as it always reset. That statement is a bit disingenuous or oblivious.

That statement is a bit disingenuous or oblivious.

What does that mean? What are the charges against me?

I knew it a long time ago, I don't do much craft. And I used it once when a friend told me about it. Apparently you're the one who often uses this bug, as you call it. If you know it's on and off regularly, then you've been using it all the time.

What does that mean? What are the charges against me?

I knew it a long time ago, I don't do much craft. And I used it once when a friend told me about it. Apparently you're the one who often uses this bug, as you call it. If you know it's on and off regularly, then you've been using it all the time.

No, that is your assertion with no factual reasoning behind it. I was investigating why the operator error message. Then when it stopped showing up, I put 2 and 2 together and reported it.. as you and your friend should have.. anyone else holding onto exploits.

You can't NOT think it was a defect as it always reset.
I don't know anything about that. Because I even forgot about this option until you reminded me of it. And you're the one who told me that it's reset regularly. But still, you pretended I should know it by default, and on that basis you accused me. You were the one who should have used it at least four times. The first time, you discovered it. The second time you checked and found out that the option was disabled. The third time you checked again and saw that the option was on. The fourth time you checked again and told us that MA isn't fixing anything.

So which one of us used the so-called "bug" more times?

sssshhhhhh....don't tell anyone not on the forum...we'll just keep this between us forum trolls....:yay:

I fired them a long time ago!!

:popcorn::popcorn:
I would have made a hell of a savings using this bug on cyrene.
but where are the lawyers to tell us they don't know what they were doing that was normal for them :lolup:

I don't know anything about that. Because I even forgot about this option until you reminded me of it. And you're the one who told me that it's reset regularly. But still, you pretended I should know it by default, and on that basis you accused me. You were the one who should have used it at least four times. The first time, you discovered it. The second time you checked and found out that the option was disabled. The third time you checked again and saw that the option was on. The fourth time you checked again and told us that MA isn't fixing anything.

So which one of us used the so-called "bug" more times?

All I am hearing is you saying you knew about a bug and abused it 'only a few times' yet never actually reported anything. Then jumping on someone who publicly reported said bug, after the official avenues failed (like they do for most of us).

Your defensiveness to this is painting a picture that you did not use this a few times and are upset that this publicity will lead to a resolution.

Back