Sandman10372

Provider
Society
Natural Born Killers
Sandman Dreamweaver
It would be nice to have the ability for mining as a team:

Prospector gets deeds upon discovery as now
Miner can mine the claims and get a % loot like healer loot

Prospector (team leader) had option to share % loot in stones (common, uncommon, rare, none)
None pays miner in shrapnel.

Or just make deeds list the exact tt remaining and make them tradeable.

Sell the deeds to your miner friend and they pull em up.

Or just make deeds list the exact tt remaining and make them tradeable.

Sell the deeds to your miner friend and they pull em up.

Have seen this suggestion before and its a good one , only downside is time remaining.

only downside is time remaining.

Maybe increase the minimum time to mine claims to at least 2 hours, then make any claim with under 1 hour left untradable. Also have the time remaining more visible on the claim when you mouse over it.

Mining and extraction professions are more equivalent to hunter's weapon and looting professions, not so much weapon and medic. I guess I'm not seeing what benefit there would be to team mining. If there was going to be something equivalent to team hunting, maybe team-based amps (e.g., 100 ped per drop). Not saying that would be a good idea, but it would probably have to be tied to higher turnover that hunters can do since we aren't limited by mob difficulty, etc.

Mining and extraction professions are more equivalent to hunter's weapon and looting professions, not so much weapon and medic. I guess I'm not seeing what benefit there would be to team mining. If there was going to be something equivalent to team hunting, maybe team-based amps (e.g., 100 ped per drop). Not saying that would be a good idea, but it would probably have to be tied to higher turnover that hunters can do since we aren't limited by mob difficulty, etc.

There are several benefits.

1. People who don't like to mine because of how tedious it is would be able to hire a miner to tag along and extract the claims.

2. People who enjoy extracting claims, or just have a lot of time on their hands, would be able to be employed as mining extractors.

It would be a great mentor-disciple activity, and would open the door for lower funded players to be able to earn some PED while gaining some skills.

There are several benefits.

1. People who don't like to mine because of how tedious it is would be able to hire a miner to tag along and extract the claims.

2. People who enjoy extracting claims, or just have a lot of time on their hands, would be able to be employed as mining extractors.

It would be a great mentor-disciple activity, and would open the door for lower funded players to be able to earn some PED while gaining some skills.

This would only apply to big claims and big arsed miners who don't mind losing some skill and cut of their profit. Right up to Ample you only have an hour. Not a lot of time to be waiting around to make a deal.

Nah i am with kingoffaces , i rather MA look at the mining profession and implement more tools for higher miners. give us more reason to grow beyond L60.

This would only apply to big claims and big arsed miners who don't mind losing some skill and cut of their profit. Right up to Ample you only have an hour. Not a lot of time to be waiting around to make a deal.

Hijacker's proposed alternative would primarily apply to bigger claims, but having a "team mining" option would certainly be useful in extracting smaller claims. It is precisely that which makes it tedious.

just give pets the ability extract while you are offline...

another alternative might be to allow auto extract instant with a fee that system absorbs similar to auto pick up of interplanetary auctions, etc.

Hijacker's proposed alternative would primarily apply to bigger claims, but having a "team mining" option would certainly be useful in extracting smaller claims. It is precisely that which makes it tedious.

That's your opinion, I find hunting tedious, why I prefer to mine. If you want to extract your claims quicker you can always buy a higher extractor and use yog buff. Its what they meant for and not what certain people use them for. I usually do run and after so many claims I dig them up. I can then use this time to make coffee, toilet run, have smoke, etc.

Back