Suggestion: societies are getting just rediculous

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Probably about half of the members from top50 societies and others, are either parsed or abandonded accounts, or have been inactive for years.

I understand that bringing the society system is not a high priority for MA, since it doesn't bring immediate ROI, still it makes the whole of EU focussed on activity and participation.
Plenty of community suggestions here!

Please give us LIVING societies with up-to-date functionning, rather then a graveyard system where avatars have been parked to artificially raise the total skillcount of societies in order to rank.

just my2pec
Naomi

Last edited:
got an idea ... let's make a post about the things in EU that arent broken. bwahhahahahaha

You know that I cant agree more :)

Would be nice if accounts that have not logged in for a week wouldnt count to the average skill score, it might encourage more activity in some socs while not incentivising the top socs to drop lower skill members who take a break or are on vacation.
It might also be a consideration to rank socs by total tt value of skills instead of points, as some players prefer to skill very focused instead of crossskilling which gives the most points.

To increase competitiveness mindark could display the average number in ped tt or skillpoints next to the soc, so others know what to aim for ;)

Reactions: jak
Until MA brings itsself to overhaul the prehistoric society system (unchanged since VU 5.5, 2004-Feb-17!!!) we have to help ourself.

Indeed, the entropialife soc board represents a good indication, which societies are alive and active.
(Yay! Shaolin #3, 2020-Jul-05, active and reputable for almost 17 years now since 2003-Aug-11!!!).

And yes, im begging for a soc update since years, too!

Last edited:
I'm all for an update in soc system, however I haven't even thought of looking at the top 50 once in the last couple years. I imagine that I'm in the majority of players that don't care about this much at all. I can tell based on my play which soc have the biggest presence and which are full of ubers.
I do support an improvement!

As part of the uniqueness to EU is that we don't all have to play in the same way, then having a top 50 based on either skills or highest single skill is going to be unfair to many as we all have our own game play style and goals.
Surely a composite figure could be reached that takes into account, most skilled in single profession as well as highest total skills. If however MA has to choose one or other then personally I prefer highest total skills as this better reflects total gameplay and understanding of the game, highest single skill is all too easily farmed or chipped

As for the dead accounts propping up skill counts for socs I totally agree this is wrong. Skill counts should only be included for accounts that have played for more than 4 hours in the past 4 weeks. Doesn't sound a lot, but it seems odd to remove the counts of members who go on say a 2 week holiday or who work shift patterns that preclude play some weeks. Obviously as soon as an account reaches the activity trigger then their skills are included in the soc count again.

There is no perfect solution as we will all want something different, usually dependant on what we think will give our soc the glory of a higher placing. Personally I say well done to all those in the top 50, and especially the larger socs as it will always be harder for them to gain high placements in the table as they will have a far wider spread of skill counts than the 3 or 4 person soc

Yea, i did look through top 50 societies lately.

Us old timers can recognize almost all names, but i also recognize that i havent seen them around for ages. Their archievements are still impressive, even more being able to sit in top50 so long without having being active long.

But lets not forget that a uber player, that came to be that in the last decade had a lot harder time getting there.

Gone are the days when you could just shoot a mann MPH in to a stuck spider all day near nymphtown, and gain maximum skill pr. shot.

Gone are the days with a single mod fapper in the middle of a PVP ring, and people shooting on him with autoclicker all day long, with a Mann MPH or jester D-1 at maximum skill pr. shot.

This does not change the fact i still have high respect for all the old ubers, i just wish more of them was still around

Have just added a soc to EL, usually just look at socs in game. I guess it only counts from the day you make the soc on EL, and not from those avatars within its past achievements? Also does it only work in team of the soc name, or pic up all globals from those individuals who are in it?

Not that I am competitive... I swear :laugh:

I guess at least many of the retired players parking their avas in socs, haven't pulled out their skills.

To be fair if MA said to a player that hadn't logged in for 6 months, that their skill is excluded from the soc total. The response would be "so what, bothered not".

It's a kind of badge of honour, to keep old long term so mates immortalised in their soc. Pop in now and then say hi. Takes a good 10- 15 years to get some of those skill counts. Many of younger players still look at those skill counts in awe.

But hey if MA decide to make their resting pensioners obsolete from a soc point of view. Then so be it, no big deal to me. But it might be for the few hanging in there to holding the soc together. What's that going to do for morale.

Rick

I Takes a good 10- 15 years to get some of those skill counts.

If 5 determined players start today and form a soc to rank among top 2-5 skilled soc would probably take them at most 2.5 years.

Just change the ranking of top soc by total loot over last 30 days. Done

Skills, gear, age etc irrelevant. at the end of the day if you cant turn those things into loot then what is the good of them

If 5 determined players start today and form a soc to rank among top 2-5 skilled soc would probably take them at most 2.5 years.

That would be an extreme level of dedication and a ton of cash to get 400k+ skills in 5 years. Not to mention general skills, which are the most useful.

Since MA doesn't return chipping anymore (unless that's selective), that's going to be hard for those wanting the fast road.

You will also be well aware that that ped burn generates faster skilling, so that dedication you speak of will require huge bankroll (easy $10k to $30k constant liquidity), plus insane top end items and bolt on items such as rings.

To then challenge a player at currently level 257 smiles.

I do actually quite admire how you've kind of trapped MA into a corner with your levelling. They might have paid you out your toys in 2019, but they still need to justify your level has value moving forward. Kind of funny really.

At the same time though, level 257 can have a negative impact to the majority that probably view it as an unachievable target to challenge the lead and events.

I'm quite interested how MA view your value to their business moving forward. Have you paid enough to warrant a further batch of toys for example. Big smile, funny stuff.

Remember to enjoy real life too, the years run away fast. Good luck

Rick.

That would be an extreme level of dedication and a ton of cash to get 400k+ skills in 5 years. Not to mention general skills, which are the most useful.

Since MA doesn't return chipping anymore (unless that's selective), that's going to be hard for those wanting the fast road.

You will also be well aware that that ped burn generates faster skilling, so that dedication you speak of will require huge bankroll (easy $10k to $30k constant liquidity), plus insane top end items and bolt on items such as rings.

To then challenge a player at currently level 257 smiles.

I do actually quite admire how you've kind of trapped MA into a corner with your levelling. They might have paid you out your toys in 2019, but they still need to justify your level has value moving forward. Kind of funny really.

At the same time though, level 257 can have a negative impact to the majority that probably view it as an unachievable target to challenge the lead and events.

I'm quite interested how MA view your value to their business moving forward. Have you paid enough to warrant a further batch of toys for example. Big smile, funny stuff.

Remember to enjoy real life too, the years run away fast. Good luck

Rick.
that was rude.....

that was rude.....

Why? Don't "all" players lives matter?

I said I admired his skilling, I do very much so. Very impressive. Where have I been rude?

But if you think dedication brings reward rather than the "personal cost" to achieve that, then you're very much naive.

Take girtns (if I spelt that right), he spent silly money, and gained his reward toys (loots). But unless the same level of expenditure is maintained, do you honestly think those epic loots will continue? Hence why he ranted for a few years recently.

Messi bought imk2 and fap, invested heavily, and he was rewarded. I'm simply saying that value to MA is less if his value as a whale no longer has vslue to them.

Seen so many gods fall from grace over the years for that very reason. We used to joke about it in game, as the new annual switch kicked in, and a new player was evaluated to greatness.

Point is we are all customers, with a value price on our heads. I totally respect Messi's dedication, but I'm won't be taking the knee.

Smiles

Rick

Why? Don't "all" players lives matter?

I said I admired his skilling, I do very much so. Very impressive. Where have I been rude?

But if you think dedication brings reward rather than the "personal cost" to achieve that, then you're very much naive.

Take girtns (if I spelt that right), he spent silly money, and gained his reward toys (loots). But unless the same level of expenditure is maintained, do you honestly think those epic loots will continue? Hence why he ranted for a few years recently.

Messi bought imk2 and fap, invested heavily, and he was rewarded. I'm simply saying that value to MA is less if his value as a whale no longer has vslue to them.

Seen so many gods fall from grace over the years for that very reason. We used to joke about it in game, as the new annual switch kicked in, and a new player was evaluated to greatness.

Point is we are all customers, with a value price on our heads. I totally respect Messi's dedication, but I'm won't be taking the knee.

Smiles

Rick
ahah ur making it sounds like its his fault if his dedication and his investment got rewarded... it cant be maybe his will to risk and his side capabilites as trader???

do you perhaps know his credit card detail and his ped flow??

as far as i know about him, he not a whale, as long as he dont throw money away, he invest em wisely, where on hunting, where on gear, i had chance to deal with him and he is a good trader, i know he used to hunt often and heavy on pvp lootable areas, and he's smart.

So im not surprised if hes winning because hes dedicated and he is just good, u may 4got that maybe is the system itself that takes count of stakes.

dont make a complain to the system sounds like an attack to a fellow player, he has no fault

ahah ur making it sounds like its his fault if his dedication and his investment got rewarded... it cant be maybe his will to risk and his side capabilites as trader???

do you perhaps know his credit card detail and his ped flow??

as far as i know about him, he not a whale, as long as he dont throw money away, he invest em wisely, where on hunting, where on gear, i had chance to deal with him and he is a good trader, i know he used to hunt often and heavy on pvp lootable areas, and he's smart.

So im not surprised if hes winning because hes dedicated and he is just good, u may 4got that maybe is the system itself that takes count of stakes.

dont make a complain to the system sounds like an attack to a fellow player, he has no fault

Don't get me wrong Corwin, you're over thinking it.

There's no blame being sought. Messi wrote his story in forum. Made it clear he invested heavily to climb the tree. Big money too, buying the kit he felt would progress his ava. Imk2, mod fap etc.

Good luck to him, takes a lot of faith to buy top end gear at the prices demanded when he bought them. Then taking his skill to the levels to run it properly.

However I'm still a believer that if you invest enough real cash, the game will reward, that's not a measure of dedication, its a measure how much a player pays the salaries of MA staff.

Fine by me I've never been a jealous type, just a logical business minded person. I've always wished everyone success in game.

Laters

Rick.

Don't get me wrong Corwin, you're over thinking it.

There's no blame being sought. Messi wrote his story in forum. Made it clear he invested heavily to climb the tree. Big money too, buying the kit he felt would progress his ava. Imk2, mod fap etc.

Good luck to him, takes a lot of faith to buy top end gear at the prices demanded when he bought them. Then taking his skill to the levels to run it properly.

However I'm still a believer that if you invest enough real cash, the game will reward, that's not a measure of dedication, its a measure how much a player pays the salaries of MA staff.

Fine by me I've never been a jealous type, just a logical business minded person. I've always wished everyone success in game.

Laters

Rick.
aight sorry then i may have misunderstanded ur tone

still i dont think the way u do, i dont think there are "rules" so defined like you saying,i know u can win no matter the level you play at.
I dont think it matters much the level someone plays as the way you play it, im pretty sure the system allows u to "progress" to the next "level" with the previous level investment, assuming ur dedicated enought and careful, also considered.

ofc no matter wats ur profession, it is required a bit more than just skilling, social skills are very required, the right word at the right moment can give u a couple points % more profit over a loot/resource/item sale, the right circle of friends can help further more, a positive attitude towards everything keeps ur karma clean and for sure pays up in games like this.

many people make the mistake that they look over other people returns, wrongly assuming entropialife can give a right idea of them, they are never more wrong and the more the time they spend thinking about others, the less time they can spend for themself, and thats make a big difference.

others instead spend time on themself, and when they have spare time, instead of looking higher, they look below, with benevolence and will to help, who with a couple ped, who with tips, these are the real winner, because if u only focus on the goal, u may forget that the journey to it is way more exciting than reaching the goal itself.

Last edited:
Back