Info: Efficiency vs. Damage Per Pec

I don't think they stack, more like there's an avg between the two, would make much more sense.

I doubt that. I smell another test coming

I'm assuming they don't stack but they act as an average, but it's an assumption only. Needs to be tested, but it's very hard to find very different weapons effi-wise but same cost/shot.

It's never been officially clarified (nor will be I'm sure)

You may not need similar cost/shot weapons.. Just use the total ammo burn for each weapon. One weapon may have to shoot more or less but when both weapons burn 5000 ped of ammo you can generate an average.

I don't think they stack, more like there's an avg between the two, would make much more sense.

I'll actually quote a post from Darkaruki from the thread you linked, Evey.

As you can see in the post that followed, we repeated the test with these two avatars using the same number of hits with the same weapon with the same efficiency and also encountered a difference in return rate there, however, lower, meaning that that difference was based entirely on Looter Profession while the other difference was based on both Looter Profession as well as Efficiency.

There is something noteworthy to mention here though, since it is possible the test could have been skewed in the possibility that Efficiency's effect on loot return is non-linear, however, given that the first test yielded a ~3.3% difference and the second test yielded a ~1.14% difference we can see that:

3.3-1.14 = 2.16

14% efficiency = roughly 1% return rate if linear

2.16*14= 30.24

difference between mod lr32 and imk2 in efficiency = ~30.2%

This pretty much proves that the Efficiency number does exactly what they said it does without any trickery and follows a linear scaling.

Of course, the numbers are slightly off, but that's to be expected since they weren't 1 million shrapnel loots, and Efficiency only goes to one decimal point.

I think this info is very useful, and I think it would be great to further test the difference in return rate this way between avatars with various Looter levels to see exactly what kind of impact on return rate it can have and at what kind of level the impact starts to lessen. :)

It seems like they stack. Now, what is the baseline? That is really interesting to find out. I think a test is needed with a 0 eff weapon on a fresh avatar teamed up with another avatar.

Edit: Source

I'll actually quote a post from Darkaruki from the thread you linked, Evey.

It seems like they stack. Now, what is the baseline? That is really interesting to find out. I think a test is needed with a 0 eff weapon on a fresh avatar teamed up with another avatar.

Edit: Source

If they would stack it would mean your baseline is below 90% which is not possible. Especially according to this statement dated 09-27-2017, numbers from the database:

[h=3]Developer Notes #14 - Loot 2.0 Update[/h]
[...]
Early data show positive results from those experiments:
  • Hunters with turnover of more than 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 98.6% on average.
  • Hunters with turnover between 10000 and 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 97.05% on average.
  • Accounts created in 2017 have enjoyed returns of 96.94% on average since the changes implemented on Sept. 11.

So as a new player you get 0 looter and like 50% efficiency with a Rubio. That would be 3.5 above baseline out of 14% possible, IF they would stack which leads me to believe baseline is above 93%.
And no, I'm not getting from that quote that they stack, the results may very well indicate there is an average between looter and efficiency.
Bottom line, you need to get both as high as possible :D

I noticed attaching a P20 affects the overall efficiency.
I figured this would be logical for limited weapons, especially if they have some high markup and you want to preserve the markup.

However, are there other uses/benefits to using a P20?
Apparently it can improve the overall efficiency of unlimited weapons as well.
If the efficiency improves on unlimited weapons, is that a good strategy?

For example:
Myev0Dl.png

Last edited:
However, are there other uses/benefits to using a P20?
Apparently it can improve the overall efficiency of unlimited weapons as well.
If the efficiency improves on unlimited weapons, is that a good strategy?

There might be cases of UL weapons with a such miserable base efficiency, that the EFF improvement of an attached P20 might yield a higher TT return than the associated MU% extra costs of the P20.
This certainly all depends on the P20 MU%.

If DPP is just better loot composition... how does this factor into weapons that are non-sib and a player is not maxed in the weapon yet...

is it considered economical to use a weapon that has high efficiency and is non-sib and a player is not maxed in that weapon yet?

If all they lose is some "loot composition" ... thoughts on this anyone... ?

is it considered economical to use a weapon that has high efficiency and is non-sib and a player is not maxed in that weapon yet?

There are still misses when you use unmaxed weapon and they aren't returned in loot. Let's say you are 70 lvl and use a non-sib weapon (HA = 8.2). 1.8% of your shots would be misses so you can roughly say that you lose additional 1.8% of your tt return.

Now let's assume that the efficiency effect is linear (we don't know that but we have to work with something) and you get 0.07% more tt return per 1% difference in efficiency. You switch from an ordinary 55% efficiency weapon that you are maxed to a non-sib 75% efficiency and now have +1.4% tt return, so the benefit still doesn't cover your losses to misses. At 80 lvl (HA = 8.8, 1.2% losses to misses) it would be worth it. Or if you manage to get a 80% efficiency gun (+2.1% return boost from 55% efficiency), it's worth it.

Of course this is a huge stinking pile of assumptions, just something to think about.

Back