Looking for ex-players to interview!

Status

Quinns

Hatchling
Hi all,

My name's Quinns, and I work for a YouTube channel called People Make Games. We make short little documentaries about games and the people behind them.

We're currently working on a video exploring the history and culture of Entropia Universe, which has involved interviewing a lot of people. We've chatted to casual players, some investors, a streamer (thanks Bonnie!), and even some of MindArk's employees have offered their help. :cool:

The whole process has been a lot of fun and we've gained so much respect for the community you have here. But there's just one kind of player who we haven't been able to arrange interviews with- people who used to play a lot of Entropia, but don't anymore.

That's what I'm posting this thread about. If any you have friends who you think would be interested in talking about why they left Entropia, we'd love to arrange an interview with them.

If you think you might be able to help, please shoot me a DM and we can get this ball rolling.

Thanks everyone!

Sounds interesting. :) Good luck with your video.

Ask McCormick ;)

If it was me, I'd approach it like this.

"I spent around 15 years playing the game, after so much time, it's not difficult to build an attachment to the universe and community. Due to the RCE element, it will provide a rollercoaster of emotions the more immersed you become involved with play style and possible investing opportunities.

I think being part of EU for so many years is actually a success, given most games might not hold a player for a year. So it's not a failure to find yourself feeling less attached. Plus time moves on, other real life priorities become more important.

I think even when much less active with the game, that long relationship formed part of your real life, so the experiences is often viewed with a smile, rather than focus on when things went wrong"

....would be shame to spoil what could be a good video for the game, with a ton of negativity. Even if MA did deserve it at times. Haha.

Rick.

Rick.

Ask McCormick ;)

arrange interviews with- people who used to play a lot of Entropia, but don't anymore.

If you think you might be able to help

If you were to focus on what the guy is searching your suggestion is probably the last in his list.

This is a good way to get real info about EU. Anyone doing anything significant ingame ( considerable assets ) will not say any truth as they will not risk the game developers ire. Start with Deathifer, the reason the game even survived to today. Without his publicity from purchase / subsequent new accounts, the game would never had existed this long. The best guy to talk to in the future will be Neverdie, but sadly he's still at the mercy of MindArk due to investments. The real reason none of the new planets will ever flourish, is because they will always be at the mercy of what Mind Ark decides.

Hi all,

My name's Quinns, and I work for a YouTube channel called People Make Games. We make short little documentaries about games and the people behind them.

We're currently working on a video exploring the history and culture of Entropia Universe, which has involved interviewing a lot of people. We've chatted to casual players, some investors, a streamer (thanks Bonnie!), and even some of MindArk's employees have offered their help. :cool:

The whole process has been a lot of fun and we've gained so much respect for the community you have here. But there's just one kind of player who we haven't been able to arrange interviews with- people who used to play a lot of Entropia, but don't anymore.

That's what I'm posting this thread about. If any you have friends who you think would be interested in talking about why they left Entropia, we'd love to arrange an interview with them.

If you think you might be able to help, please shoot me a DM and we can get this ball rolling.

Thanks everyone!

Why would you think all the old players still look at PCF? Do you go looking at forums of old games you used to play? If so, you would have no time to game.

Perhaps you should look at interviewing the old timers that are still around, and ask them why they are still here compared to their friends/soc mates that left. They most likely know why many of them have left.

Why would you think all the old players still look at PCF? Do you go looking at forums of old games you used to play? If so, you would have no time to game.

Perhaps you should look at interviewing the old timers that are still around, and ask them why they are still here compared to their friends/soc mates that left. They most likely know why many of them have left.

I think maybe, just maybe, it would be a good idea to read the post before replying...

If you were to focus on what the guy is searching your suggestion is probably the last in his list.

Care to explain?
Or am I off and does he stil play?

Care to explain?

He is still very much active. I think he's spending a few hours every day. Not the way that you'd expect thou but he is probably the most addicted players of all times. He just took it to a very high toxic level that the air is not breathable :D He took the stalker approach, literally, he stalks online everyone that is, or ever was, connected to EU at a management level. He should put some money down, buy some shares and sit his ass on the investor table and make some decisions if he really wants EU to get back to pre alpha :D

Some people that would be very interesting to find for an interview (because I think these were on the successful side f players): Skalman, Patrick Stormer deluxe, Starman, Lady Trisha & Lonewolf, neomaven.

Care to explain?

If I would want to interview someone I would want to make sure he is knowledgeable about the basic elements in that particular game in this case : Hunting/Crafting/Mining, others can follow such as knowledge about shops/land areas/deeds.
You want your interviewer to be able to express his knowledge about the game in a positive way, to be emotionally attached about the game in a positive way,to acknowledge this is a real cash game before anything else, to be able to put the game as the main attraction before his personal experience, to talk more about the game rather than yourself or others, to be able to inspire potential new players to get hooked in playing the game just by hearing him talking about the game etc.
It is extremely important to find a balance in a player that can satisfy all that.Most who are willing to talk about the game barely played the game actively and who did play a lot and did relatively good and have a lot of things to share to attract others might not be willing to discuss it in an interview.

If I would want to interview someone I would want to make sure he is knowledgeable about the basic elements in that particular game in this case : Hunting/Crafting/Mining, others can follow such as knowledge about shops/land areas/deeds.
You want your interviewer to be able to express his knowledge about the game in a positive way, to be emotionally attached about the game in a positive way,to acknowledge this is a real cash game before anything else, to be able to put the game as the main attraction before his personal experience, to talk more about the game rather than yourself or others, to be able to inspire potential new players to get hooked in playing the game just by hearing him talking about the game etc.
It is extremely important to find a balance in a player that can satisfy all that.Most who are willing to talk about the game barely played the game actively and who did play a lot and did relatively good and have a lot of things to share to attract others might not be willing to discuss it in an interview.

But it's not you nor about you.

Also, were did the OP wrote about that entire set of conditions?

Did I miss a part?

Did I miss a part?

You missed a part where you have to read what people write and think about what they want to say before trigger your feeling you should reply.
If you have trouble understanding English please let me know.

You missed a part where you have to read what people write and think about what they want to say before trigger your feeling you should reply.

please quote me the part where it said all that. Thanks.

Also, i would be most interested in hearing his story, how sour it may be.
And I'm pretty sure there are more like me.

Messi I have nothing personal against you and I find your way of communication with others funny.

The question I have is:
Is there a Dub&Messi Terminator? Is there a Messi Safe?
:ahh:

I haven't played in several years, yet here I am. Started playing in 2003, left something like 5 years ago. Still check the forums.

I havn't played EU for years and im still reading PCF almost every day. :)

I still love EU but only as a buissnes. For gaming and fun i picked a different poison but that dosnt mean i dislike EU.
So some ex players are still lurking around

If you pick Mc Cormick and use him in your Article im afraid most people will run away from the Idea to check out EU! It would still be a good read tough :smoke:

Simply look for David Deathifier Storey

Darth Skippie Boobie as well

Last edited:
Messi I have nothing personal against you and I find your way of communication with others funny.

The question I have is:
Is there a Dub&Messi Terminator? Is there a Messi Safe?
:ahh:

I do as well and I'm struggling on sending a reply or not.

No matter how heavy your inferiority complex will ever be, you will never ever be part of this game's history.
And it doesn't matter how much money you invest in it, you've done and been nothing to it beside a handful of cash.

People we are discussing here actually helped the game grow.

Unfortunately for you, you came too late. The game isn't growing anymore yet surviving. No doubt have you joined it in 2007 you might have been a really important character of the game. Nonetheless you only are and will be a patron, no more, no less, yet not worthy of respect nor admiration, rather disdain just like all the wealthy are in the eyes of the poor.

Now, let's interview the interesting ones : Mc Cormick, Deathifier, even ND nowadays, Skalman, Buzz, Etopia, Elaina, Dreicc why not, and so many others...many ex players made this game what it is today with their deposits and dedication, and utmost faith.

Reactions: jak
No matter how heavy your inferiority complex will ever be, you will never ever be part of this game's history.
And it doesn't matter how much money you invest in it, you've done and been nothing to it beside a handful of cash.

People we are discussing here actually helped the game grow.

Unfortunately for you, you came too late. The game isn't growing anymore yet surviving. No doubt have you joined it in 2007 you might have been a really important character of the game. Nonetheless you only are and will be a patron, no more, no less, yet not worthy of respect nor admiration, rather disdain just like all the wealthy are in the eyes of the poor.

Now, let's interview the interesting ones : Mc Cormick, Deathifier, even ND nowadays, Skalman, Buzz, Etopia, Elaina, Dreicc why not, and so many others...many ex players made this game what it is today with their deposits and dedication, and utmost faith.

Well that just makes me sad.

It sounds like you're saying the game is dead and we all missed out on it.

I can add few suggestions that can match your criteria :

best pick is by far : Jenna Star Mercury.Not only that he is playing for a long time but he is well knowledgeable in many regards and he can add a lot of positives stories along the way.
Aurora Linzey Zamperath, Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten , devastating Vodka lindsey , Warants Skalman Skalmansson ,
Darth Skippie Boobie, Neomaven, Stormer deluxe.
I would have added Buzz but he is playing.I can't think of someone else who worth being interviewed and can fit your criteria and in the same time add value to your interview.

Well that just makes me sad.

It sounds like you're saying the game is dead and we all missed out on it.

Not dead tho...but well....something for sure is odd.

I’m sorry, but I do not think McCormick would not be a good person to interview for this protect unless you want to hear about all the dirt, negativity, failures and conspiracy theories.

MCcormick is still around following the game, company, employees and borderline stalking different members of the community like a jealous ex.

He does do his homework and knows a lot about MA as a business and anyone associated with them.
I think he has made it his life’s goal to see MA/EU crash and burn.

best pick is by far : Jenna Star Mercury.Not only that he is playing for a long time but he is well knowledgeable in many regards and he can add a lot of positives stories along the way.
Aurora Linzey Zamperath, Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten , devastating Vodka lindsey , Warants Skalman Skalmansson ,
I would have added Buzz but he is playing.I can't think of someone else who worth being interviewed and can fit your criteria and in the same time add value to your interview.

dude, you really don't get it, do you?
This game is not only about knowledge, skills and uber gear.
This game has (or had) a soul.

It's not only about who clicked the most mobs like you did.

Maybe learn to understand that.

I’m sorry, but I do not think McCormick would not be a good person to interview for this protect unless you want to hear about all the dirt, negativity, failures and conspiracy theories.

I agree. Besides, sort of interviews can be found with the guy all over the internets :D

This game has something quite unique in the way that it can accommodate many types of players, people looking for various different things:
- some play for the social part, for staying connected with people they met many years ago;
- some like the exploration part of the game;
- some like the gambling part;
- some players are only interested in the art part of the game and get to be designers, try a business in fashion;
- some people are interested in pure character development;
- one person is interested in only the detective work to be done :laugh:
- wizz is interested in the soul shit or smth :laugh:
- but most of us are still interested in the RCE aspect that is at the core of the game, that is what we all have in common, we got here because of the money.

The RCE argument that is the reason why we made an avatar in this game and the only reason to keep playing this outdated game, never forget that, that's why we all got in this game and probably most of us would like to hear from those that dominated this aspect 10 years ago... because the game didn't change that much, we did. I was the type of player to climb shit, taunt mobs, drag spiders in the cities and make weird art out of sweat but now I'm after some other things. Some of us changed but want the same feeling as we had 10 years ago. Maybe learn to understand that is not possible anymore because we are a different person we were 10 years ago.

If you want to have someone talking about this game, have someone saying about the nice and cool things you like in this game. If there aren't any left, you are in the wrong place. If there still are things you like in this game and you want mcormick to talk about EU, then there's a problem with your logic. Mcormick will never leave this game, he is trapped and locked pretty well because of his expectations.

Agree with all the noted names. These would be great to hear from.

Everyone who is saying McCormick is a somebody, and a main topic here, and that Messi is jealous.

Are you forgetting that he's literally a dude who won what was once a good gun in a contest and then realized he couldn't hang? This dude was never, will never be an uber and wakes up every day to check on a game he 'hates'. Not the type of candidate described, in any sense.

Status
Back