Navigation to the webpage was canceled-Failed accessing the update server.

Today I got this error and was unable until now to find a solution.

Initially I thought it was because I had to reinstall my antivirus, Eset Internet Security so I uninstilled it, I disabled the Firewall and nothing.

I found https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...5545-Failed-accessing-the-update-server/page3 and had some interesting points but couldn't do anything about it.

Also https://customer.real.com/hc/en-us/...igation-to-web-page-canceled-while-signing-in related to this error for a different program not Entropia.

Apprently this is tied to Internet Explorer and I tried to make IE work without success also. To much failure for a day.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks.

Update 1: I have an old PC at home, which has installed Windows Vista and although I didn't had time to wait while it installed all the updated it was working correctly: the client loader was working fine and it was updating .

Last edited:
From your post its not clear what you couldn't run. I mean was it a website you were trying to access but couldn't? if so whats the webpage address?

or was it the client loader your talking about which wasn't working properly?

From your post its not clear what you couldn't run. I mean was it a website you were trying to access but couldn't? if so whats the webpage address?

or was it the client loader your talking about which wasn't working properly?

Thanks for the quick answer George.

I wanted to run the Entropia client loader, when I click on the icon I get
*Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What you can try:
Refresh the page. * and *Failed accessing the update server.*(Internet connection error)

The internet works though and I am able to go to any website I want, it's just I can't access the game.
Hopefully it's more clear this time.

It's probably some glitch. Try restarting your computer and internet/wifi. That will probably fix it.

It's probably some glitch. Try restarting your computer and internet/wifi. That will probably fix it.

Funny thing is I was able to play Entropia on an older computer that had Vista installed.

I remember people giving me a lot of hate for still using it so I thought I would upgrade to a Windows 10 x64 and then this happens.

The error I get is *Navigation to the webpage was canceled* when I first click on the Entropia Universe Client Loader. I click accept and I get the *Internet connection error->Failed accessing the update server.*

So I watched some youtube videos on what to do and apparently this is an

*You may receive this error message when a site or program is in a different Internet Explorer Security Zone. To resolve this, you'll need to reset your web browser. This involves clearing out old temporary internet files and resetting Security Zone and Privacy settings.*

I opened Internet Explorer11 and it doesn't work at all, can't go to any page just
*Can’t reach this page

•Make sure the web address https://go.microsoft.com is correct
•Search for this site on Bing
•Refresh the page
More information More information
Fix connection problems*

I tried changing all sort of options and deleting old files and no luck.

Also it might be related to Windows 10 failing to update a couple of times.

Entropia support isn't answering either.

Could anyone advise? I have uninstalled the ESET antivirus, turned off the Firewall and nothing. I am at a loss for now.

Thank you.

Back