Something wrong with sweating......

Dutchie said:
For me yesterday (sunday) sweating N of Argus was not working (got about 8 times in a row "sweat gathering failed".

sweating in aurgus is just fine.....

i spent half an hour there sweating and got around 50~60 sweat bottles :tongue2:

the sweating bug is when u get an extra experience in ur skills but no sweet window appear...

so its just u wont get sweat every time ..... actually in the average for a new commer u'll get one success in every 15 attemp or so i beleive :wise:

soo just try again and it will work :D

Falco said:
At the weekend i found another place. I got so much sweat as i did never before. Sorry, that i dont tell you here, i will tell it only to my friends and society if they want to know. Otherwise it becomes crowded too. :D

Hmm, could this be the place where Terps & Chirpies are plentiful, and the Daiks & Exos are as wet as a Seattle rooftop? Yeah, I thought I had it to myself......damn. :laugh:

MA is trying to get the sweat price up. I have seen ppl everwhere.

Dox Amarr said:
I have seen ppl everwhere.
OMG
it's an invasion
the orange forces are comming to get us!
take cover as long you can

[SIZE=-3](*looks around and decides to wear orange battle suit*)[/SIZE]

i personally believe that MA may be doing this to get legit sweaters out of main sweating locations (such as phoenix) to see who's left over still trying to sweat (possible "sweat bots")

anyway, let's hope this is intended and not just a bug :|

I honestly don't think it's such a bad idea to get ppl to go to other spots other than PA and CP. Everyone was clumping together. Now I see OJs everywhere, and I think...cool! I like the cities actually populated!

The only thing that unnerves me is MA maniupulating an established 'natural' state. Lazziez Faire, damn invisible hand! Add a reason to go to these other spots, rather than take away something in an unnatural way (or at least explain it with some radioactive accident or something)

Koo koo kachoo.

I sweated a few different areas after reading about Phoenix drying up, and apart from some mobs being very slow to deliver, all seems normal. In fact I achieved a personal goal I've had for some time - 100+ bottles off a single mob. (102, Combibo Mature)

I think the message is "get out there, see the planet". I never did understand the group frenzy around Phoenix anyway.

problems with sweating...

first off... this issue around phoenix is a bug. this exact same thing happened to me when they first opened the new northern amethera servers. one of them was bugged and you'd get no sweat (but still gain skill) and fruit you found could not be picked up.

report it and MA will get around to fixing it. it's likely some internal communication error between different parts of the system.

second... the huge amount of people over the weekend seems to have overloaded the universe to some extent. to set up (concentrate) a sweat attempt will occasionally (frequently enough) take 2 to 4 times the usual cycle - as will the actually attempt. this is really annoying and difficult to correct for, sometimes the client goes a little "wonky" and even stranger things happen.

I haven't really noticed that much difference in the ratio of successful attempt to failures, although I have noticed that the average "bottle" (successful attempt) is a smaller than before.

Alice said:
OMG
it's an invasion
the orange forces are comming to get us!
take cover as long you can

[SIZE=-3](*looks around and decides to wear orange battle suit*)[/SIZE]

And to the folk who kindly bring us poor orangies over to Troy, many thanks.. just one request.. when doing so, maybe you can explain to the fresh mea.. er colonists that if they are going to hunt, its not very polite to hunt stuff that people are in the middle of trying to sweat :mad:

Saehk said:
And to the folk who kindly bring us poor orangies over to Troy, many thanks.. just one request.. when doing so, maybe you can explain to the fresh mea.. er colonists that if they are going to hunt, its not very polite to hunt stuff that people are in the middle of trying to sweat :mad:
well, this depends on
some ppl are hunters you know, and want to hunt low level stuff
unfortunatly this is the same stuff that sweaters need usually
you can't do much against it, just be more careful when you start sweating
just don't get rude
if you dont want a mob to be shot, that you are sweating atm, means this tunnel is already there, simply walk into the line of a possible hunter, so he doesnt have a clear shot
BUT DONT OVERDO THIS!
remember, hunters pay for their shots, you notm for the sweating, and you don't want a newbie later to disturb your hunting trips, believe me
unfortunalty sweaters and beginner hunters need something like respect, and this isn't always easy to get, especially if you had bad expierence with hunters/sweaters already
not all are the same, just ignore the fools

Yesterday i tried to sweat at PA. One hour zero bottles :mad:

Nothing more to say...

Still looking for a good spot.

Alice said:
well, this depends on
just don't get rude
if you dont want a mob to be shot, that you are sweating atm, means this tunnel is already there, simply walk into the line of a possible hunter, so he doesnt have a clear shot
BUT DONT OVERDO THIS!
remember, hunters pay for their shots, you notm for the sweating, and you don't want a newbie later to disturb your hunting trips, believe me
unfortunalty sweaters and beginner hunters need something like respect, and this isn't always easy to get, especially if you had bad expierence with hunters/sweaters already

Ah well see, this is a case where you have sometimes a couple people sweating on a mob, actively.. and someone walks up and shoots it. Or you are off alone sweating on mobs in an area with plenty of em, and boom some guy walks up and kills your mob, then proceeds to kill the next one you try to sweat, and so on.. Why do that when theres plenty of mobs right there? Either a case of purposely trying to disrupt sweating, or a orangie not knowing what this sweating thing is and thinking he's somehow helping you.. Or someone's just plain not very.. quick :confused: Happens frequently enough (not just to me but i hear people complain occasionally on the chat) to warrent it being explained to them on their trip out to the city by trekkers :D

Saehk said:
Ah well see, this is a case where you have sometimes a couple people sweating on a mob, actively.. and someone walks up and shoots it. Or you are off alone sweating on mobs in an area with plenty of em, and boom some guy walks up and kills your mob, then proceeds to kill the next one you try to sweat, and so on.. Why do that when theres plenty of mobs right there? Either a case of purposely trying to disrupt sweating, or a orangie not knowing what this sweating thing is and thinking he's somehow helping you.. Or someone's just plain not very.. quick :confused: Happens frequently enough (not just to me but i hear people complain occasionally on the chat) to warrent it being explained to them on their trip out to the city by trekkers :D
well, those hunters are just using the sweaters as human shields to save ammo and fap decay
and if he simply stays until the mob attacks you and then shoots them, it is even obvious
well, if this stays that way, you have 2 options
wait a bit, most ppl are very impatiant, and sweaters are usually not ;)

2. the mean one
if this stays some time, and number 1 doesn't help, and the hunter is using you as bait, then simply do what the hunter want you to
he wants animals to shoot, get him some
depending on his armor, if none, 5 mobs, goblin/pixie 10 mobs some armax bulls are great too
simply get some mobs, and run with them to him
now the hunter has 2 options
he can run
or he can fight, if he fights, he will have some more armor/fap decay, so his tactic doesn't work anymore

if this doesn't help, tactic 2 again, maybe with more mobs, or tougher mobs, as long you can run faster, anything goes

you are not really unarmed as sweater, you still can use mobs to attack ;)

Alice said:
well, this depends on
just don't get rude
BUT DONT OVERDO THIS!

+rep (as always, if the system would let me) ... I couldn't agree more ... A hunter should take priority over a sweat gatherer simply because they pay for the bullets (if you get pised with that try a different mob). Also, I find it really enjoyable to sweat whilst people are hunting (especially if they are n00bs hunting as they tend to take longer to kill) as the mob is never attacking me then which will eventually result in more bottles per hour (trust me on that one, all been tested by me already :)

As for the bug, I really hope MA fixes it just because I loved FT as it was, a quite and tranquil place where one could chill (without lag) and sweat without massive interruptions ...

Oh well, I guess the more, the merrier :)

ILW

hey,

I totaly disagree on the hunter has priority over the sweater line of thinking.

A good part of the economy and the virtual to real cash system is based on trust and growth. Sweaters are usualy beginners, or ppl cashing up.

Its absolutely not a good idea to frustrate the ppl starting out in this universe, they are the "beginning of the food chain" allowing skilled, hunters miners or builders or even seller and reseller to earn money.

they are the ones that need clothes guns, armour, and u are frustrating them in their effort to get just that.
they deposit and buy armour , the stuff you looted and sell with a nice markup.
They skill with 10 k of lyst and oil, stuff U mined.

and u think u have priority over them and have the "4 pec opalo shot right" to potentialy frustrate them out of the game.

think again.

In Love With said:
I couldn't agree more ... A hunter should take priority over a sweat gatherer simply because they pay for the bullets (if you get pised with that try a different mob).
ILW

Couldn't disagree more...

There are plenty of mobs out there. If someone is working on one (whether he is sweating or hunting), I leave it alone, unless asked to assist.
It is really irritating if one is sweating and the mob dies. Of course if you start to sweat a mob that is already under attack, it is your risk (I normally do not do that anyway).
Killing a mob that someone is already sweating is just plain rude. Typically the sweaters use the low end mobs and there are plenty of these.

Btw I tend to use sweating to attract the mob in my direction away from the herd before attacking it (I'm into melee).

don't get me wrong, but :
Golun said:
Its absolutely not a good idea to frustrate the ppl starting out in this universe,
atm we have a quitting rate of 70-80%, and this is not just because of hunters who bother the sweaters ;)
most simply don't like sweating, (boring, bad paid) and quit after 2 days
to confirm this, in my 1 year mentoring i had 200 disciples, and 170 who quitted, some are still unsure ;)
Golun said:
they deposit...
they don't, that is why they are sweating ;)
i have to say that i have nothing against non depositer, and i even have some active ones as disciples (exactly 2 atm, 3 when you say fairly active)
i started as sweater too btw, and later deposited, so i know the feelings of both sides (for the records, i never shot a mob that was sweated, unless the sweater followed me and started sweating, what was his risk then, but as long the mob doesn't deal too much damage i wait until the sweating is over before i kill in those cases)
Golun said:
they are the ones that need clothes, guns, armour, and u are frustrating them in their effort to get just that. ...buy armour ,the stuff you looted and sell with a nice markup.
worst you can do as sweater is buying clothes, since they have no use instead of looking good, wasted money for sweaters
gun
always the tt stuff is recommened, neither crafter (and this way miners),hunters nor resellers have something from guns

armor, pixie cost 12.4 , goblin 33.13 ped fully repaired (not full repaired armor has less protection, so no use to wear not fully repaired armor, then you wouldn't need the armor) without markup

let's say the standard newbie makes it 2 days, (what i can confirm too) and plays 4-16 hours before he quit
hard to afford goblin, maybe pixie, shogun is close to impossible
means, you can sell possibly selling goblin and pixie to sweaters before they quit, for this there are enough traders out there, and most hunters won't stand for hours on the market to get +1 ped (if they get it at all)

so, just resellers have something from sweaters
Golun said:
They skill with 10 k of lyst and oil, stuff U mined.
crafting is the most expensive profession
standard loss to get bpc is around 1000 ped, thats 100 000 sweat
Golun said:
and u think u have priority over them and have the "4 pec opalo shot right" to potentialy frustrate them out of the game.
there are usually no hunters needed to frustrate them out of the game, just to mention the boredom, the deaths, and the bad payment
most sweaters get around 5 ped cash, buy an opalo, and want to start earn $$$$ like all the ppl in the all chat who finds a load of cash all the time
but
surprise
the loot is bad :mad:
and they think "what a :censored: game, i quit"
maybe even shot some mobs of the sweaters first to calm down?
(not all are annoying the sweaters then, but some for sure)

and yes, hunters have priority
there are 2 options
first, the hunter is a depositer and paid for his hunting trip with rl cash
even if you don't like it, he spent in 99% of the cases more rl cash then the sweaters, and has something to lose
second option, even better
the hunter is a sweater, who sweated hours after hours for a fully repaired goblin armor, the opalo, and the 1k ammo
who has more rights, the newbie insulting him that he shoots his mobs, and in most of the cases a newbie who is simply pissed that this "earning free cash" game is not that easy and will quit anyway in the next 2 hours and just searching a victim to let his frustration out?
or the hunter/sweater who worked hard for this equipment and accepted this?

Dutchie said:
Couldn't disagree more...

There are plenty of mobs out there. If someone is working on one (whether he is sweating or hunting), I leave it alone, unless asked to assist.
It is really irritating if one is sweating and the mob dies. Of course if you start to sweat a mob that is already under attack, it is your risk (I normally do not do that anyway).
Killing a mob that someone is already sweating is just plain rude. Typically the sweaters use the low end mobs and there are plenty of these.

Btw I tend to use sweating to attract the mob in my direction away from the herd before attacking it (I'm into melee).
right, it is inpolite to shoot such a mob, but as long the hunter just use the sweater as human shield to save decay, see my last post
it is indeed inpolite to kill a mob that is sweated actually, especially with enough mobs nearby, but atm you see a sweater invasion in troy, sometime hard to find a target which is "free"
but, see my last point if the hunter just uses you to save HP and decay

here another tactic btw, get some friends, and surround the mob
either the hunter can't get a clear a shot, hits you, or the mob will be trapped and the hunter will lose cash too
all 3 options unacceptable for the hunter

as last tactic, what you should really just use, when the hunter stays, and really gets on your nerves, simply stand in front of him
zoom out to see in which direction he is watching
or get some friends to "trap" him
you shouln't overdo this too, the hunter can report you, harassment, you will be banned, but if he shots your mob all the time, and is just waiting until you are attacked by the next, you have to teach him a lesson

I am really both surprised and angered that you folks all are saying that the hunter is doing an ok thing when shooting a mob that is being sweated.
alice said:
and yes, hunters have priority
there are 2 options
first, the hunter is a depositer and paid for his hunting trip with rl cash
even if you don't like it, he spent in 99% of the cases more rl cash then the sweaters, and has something to lose
second option, even better
the hunter is a sweater, who sweated hours after hours for a fully repaired goblin armor, the opalo, and the 1k ammo
who has more rights, the newbie insulting him that he shoots his mobs, and in most of the cases a newbie who is simply pissed that this "earning free cash" game is not that easy and will quit anyway in the next 2 hours and just searching a victim to let his frustration out?
or the hunter/sweater who worked hard for this equipment and accepted this?
Well, I am that sweater. Sweating to cover my repair and ammo costs. Who has more rights? the one that got the mob, or the one that comes by? If anyone has rights at all, it is most definitely the first. Heck, who has the rights to loot a mob? Isn't it the one that killed? And who has rights to pickup fruit? Isn't it the one that found it? Then, who has rights on a mob? Isn't it the one that got it first?
Oh, and in my case, i want to kill the mob once i'm done sweating. To hell with them that shoot it!

alice said:
well, those hunters are just using the sweaters as human shields to save ammo and fap decay
Plainly rediculous. I do understand why a hunter wants to safe fap decay, but why should he do so on cost of another? That sweater has to fap as well, and if he can't fap, he has to recover - which cost time and during that time he can't sweat.
So, if the hunter is not paying the sweater for getting hit, he's just a jerk trying to profit from another.

Bottom line: don't mess with mobs another one is messing with.

edit: fix messed up layout

BTW everyone, the sweat issue is affecting the three "newbie" TP areas, namely Port Atlantis, Camp Phoenix, and Billy's Spaceship.

It is hard to tell whether this is a server bug, as different TP's run on different servers, and my guess is that those three TP's must be on same server, or if this is deliberate by MA.

If it is deliberate, I think it is actually a disgusting thing to do, as sweat gathering is one of the only meager ways that newcomers can make some kind of seed income. MA is making enough income off Entropia Universe, if you check their last years Financial Report, so to deny this to newcomers is shocking and despicable I think (care to let us know Marco??)

I have sent a support case about it, telling MA how disgusted I will be if I find out that this was deliberate. I suggest everyone who hasn't done it do the same and send that support case in, as the more they get the quicker they will realise this is something serious to fix or stop blocking it.

As for the debate on hunter vs sweater rights, guys its off topic, so lets get back on track, we discussing the sweat "bug".

EDIT: By the way, locations around all other TP's besides those three sweat like normal.

Last edited:
gmccumskey said:
EDIT: By the way, locations around all other TP's besides those three sweat like normal.
No... East Scylla was one of the successful sweat places I found when the problem started. There were herds of snable providers and scattered gibnibs to the south of the tp. Now if you go there you might find only a few gibnibs guarded by atraxes.

Some one mentioned that the sweat to cover repair costs and ammo. I'm new, and in the time it's taken me to gather enough sweat to make about 4 ped if i'm lucky (since i wound out sweat is worth pec not ped), i've incured 20ped worth of repair costs alone. I find it harder and harder to believe each day I play that there's any profit in sweating at all. Maybe day four will be better then days 1-3.

Reponding to BHT

BHT - do not wear armour while sweating.

When sweating - be a sweater - wear no armour and do not use a weapon unless you are combining sweating and hunting (most likely low level mobs).

Plain sweating costs you nothing but time (and frustration). It also gains you sweat and defensive skills.

Good luck.

Grounder

BHT said:
Some one mentioned that the sweat to cover repair costs and ammo. I'm new, and in the time it's taken me to gather enough sweat to make about 4 ped if i'm lucky (since i wound out sweat is worth pec not ped), i've incured 20ped worth of repair costs alone. I find it harder and harder to believe each day I play that there's any profit in sweating at all. Maybe day four will be better then days 1-3.

hang in there BHT -- you'll die more often, but have you tried sweating w/no armor? and around other sweaters, so you don't get attacked as often? :)

Why not do the sweater a service, both of you can sweat and when the mob is dry you kill it? Not only are you helping the sweater you are also breaking more even, getting better evade skills and such aswell so over time you will save ammo repair cost since your not hit as much. The Beginner who sweats might have a better experience with PE and is more likely to stay.

Sure 70% of the newcomers quit and yes it could possibly be all MA's fault but what can we (the current colonists) do in order to make it easier for the new arrived colonists to feel more at home, have an easier time and get settled in better?????

The more I read about stuff like this the more I am conviced that the PE Community base can perhaps not solve the issue of 70% leaving but rather bring that big amount of dropouts down to a more reasonable level...

Just my two pecs worth

Back