Mind Force How To

Billy (BB)

Guardian
Society
Dragons Shadow ~Founder~
Billy BB Braston
Mind Force
Mindforce can be used as a weapon, to provide focus, to heal, revive and even teleport.
Mind Essence is the combination of Sweat and Force Nexus, The latter of which is found in the ground by miners. Sweat gathering is generally done by Newcomers to the game, this 'sweat' is collected from mobs that appear on your radar as a red dot (animals only). These two resources are then combined by using a refiner. To use any mindforce chips you will need an implant (Aa available from the TT) an inserter also available from the TT and a mind chip, the most efficient one being the focus chip. Focus provides a bubble around your avatar and will allow you to charge your focus up while being attacked, you will still receive damage but you will not lose concentration. To get started you would be better off with a lower level chip. The inserter has a high decay rate (3.5ped a use)and will decay quite quickly. The implant has a slower decay rate.The Implant available from the trade terminal (TT) will only accept chip levels 1 to 3 after this you would need a higher implant. Note: You can not focus while moving if you do so you will receive a message telling you your concentration was interrupted
Once the implant has been inserted all you need is ME (Mind Essence) Note: Some chips use more ME then others this is especially true for the higher numbered equivalent chips.

The inserter
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Use the inserter to implant the NeoPsion Mindforce Implant then sell it back to the TT if you need it again then just get a new one

NeoPsion Aa Mindforce Implant
this is the implant the decay is very slow they decay 1pec per use so it will be a long time before you will need to repair it

The implant is the only thing that you will need to place in your head. You will have to take out the implant to repair it. The chips below will need to be placed on your keyboard like you would do with a weapon or a tool. So they can be repaired as if they were the same as a weapon or tool.

Focus Chips allow you to continue concentrating when you are hit by an animal. All focus chips use only 1 ME per use the decay rate for these chips may be slightly higher for higher level focus chips Focus charges only protect for sweating, nerve blast, heal and firestorm, not wormhole, res or teleport.

Teleport chip, does exactly what it says higher levels allow for a greater distance to teleport, to use higher level chips you may need more skills to use efficiently. A 'Lesser' uses 9ME per teleport

Heal Chips provide the ability to heal yourself, higher level chips will heal more HP points, however Heal chips are not as economical as FAPs.

Nerve Blast chips dish out damage to your enemy and again the damage potential depends on the chip level.

Last edited:
Firestorm chips also deal out damage and on a fairly lethal dosage as well, however you need to have the nesscecary skill to use the higher lvl chips. As yet there are only level 4, 5, 6, and 8 Firestorm chips available. You will need little to no skill to use the lvl 4 chip.

Revival Chip, This has the power to bring people back from the dead
again you need to have the nesscecary skill to use this chip. And a Res chip will use 103 ME.

Wormhole Chip, This creates a gate between two points on the map, once the gate is open people can go through this gate to arrive at a specific location, more then one person can pass through the wormhole. This chip is rare and not often seen on calypso Wormhole chips use 678ME each use, which is a lot of sweat and nexus per one use. To be able to use this chip you must have a massive amount of skill.

NOTE: Some times when you have a chip equipped (in your hand) you will not be able to place armor on your avatar just unequipped the chip and then try to put on your armor. This happens to me when I am trying to put on my thigh guards while holding a chip.

Hidden Skills gained from using Mind force:
Power Catalyst unlocked when you reach a professional standing of able in either biotropy, pyrotropy or psychotropy

Akbar said:
The Etheral Soul Language is linked to Biotropy only and "discovered" (not unlocked as it is not a skill) using a Resurrection chip doing 1 successful attempt.
There is no relation with Power Catalyst.

You can find more info on this Here

I would like to thank heehaw & Dale for the help ;)

Last edited:
GREAT post.

much needed info for all of us.

thx

Great How To mate ;) +rep!

What about adding which ones have the SIB? I can't remember which ones actually have it right now.

Other than that, brilliant! :D

Billy (BB) said:
Firestorm chips also deal out damage and on a fairly lethal dosage as well, however you need to have the nesscecary skill to use this chip. As yet there are only higher level chips available

however, you can use the lvl 4 firestorm chip with little to no mf skills as it is the first and works in a way that you are able to use it. Moderate firestorm chip right? o_O

I am not sure if a lvl 4 has been looted yet if anyone has info on this I would like to add it on. ;) oh and thanx for the rep everyone

:clap: Nice job :)

To fill in a couple of the gaps.

AFAIK, there are level 4, 5, 6, and 8 Firestorm chips. Never seen a 7.

Focus charges only protect for sweating, nerve blast, heal and firestorm, not wormhole, res or teleport.

Res chip uses 103 ME

Along with power cat unlock you mentioned, can also "unlock" ethereal language (dead speak)

Implants decay 1pec per use (AFAIK)

Can't sweat *all* red dots on your map, only animals

Love the guide though, +rep :D

Thanx for the info all i am more then happy to fill in the gaps to make this a awsome guide.

2552920777.jpg

MF :newbie: need a guide to so Bump

Excellent Guide. Could use a visual facelift but great info!! +Rep

Do I have to actually unimplant an MF device in order to repair it? I mean, it would be logical, and I didn't find the answer to this anywhere...

Caoryn said:
Do I have to actually unimplant an MF device in order to repair it? I mean, it would be logical, and I didn't find the answer to this anywhere...

You have to unimplant your NeoPsion Implant to repair it yes. The Chips you can just repair normally. No removal is needed. Think this is what you were asking?

Yes you will have to take out the implant to repair it. But the decay is so low that it will be a long time before it would be nessacery to repair it

Aha, thanks :)
One more reason not to go for mindforce any time soon (ME being expensive would be among the others).

as a casual user of mindforce its nice to see this. i wish when i decided to stick that thing in my head i would have had more facts in front of me.

but im on the slow road to using the res chip...i really want that etheral langauge unlock...i just think it would be cool

Personally, I would love it if Mind Force was at least somewhere in teh ballpark of regular weapons on the economy side of things. Doesn't have to be exactly, althoguh I don't see why not, but I would love to skill on mindforce instead of handgun as I'm doing, I think mindforce kicks ass ... apart from the cost as I said.

Oh well, we gonna have to wait and see if MA turn this toy profession into something that can actually be used.

Silly me.

I got a minor focus chip, and I think I inserted it or something, because I cant see it in my inventory. the chip is on my hotbar, I can use it, but I dont see it in my inventory. How do I take it out to repair it? Or did someone already say the answer to this one.

MKL1970 said:
I got a minor focus chip, and I think I inserted it or something, because I cant see it in my inventory. the chip is on my hotbar, I can use it, but I dont see it in my inventory. How do I take it out to repair it? Or did someone already say the answer to this one.

If you have it equipped at the time, you won't see it. When you unequip it, it goes back into your inventory page. Otherwise, it should be on the Tools tab, scroll all the way down. Sometimes things end up way down at the bottom.

Nice guide! Should be stickied imo. :)

actually it should be sticky
although i never read it, it has pretty the same points of mine
surprising and pretty scary

a long ago quote
Akbar said:
ONLY animals, ie Mutants & for sure Robots can't be sweated
(this makes the difference between an armax & a feffoid - understand who can - )
molisk can be sweated :silly2:
although, it still a riddle for me that feffs cant, loads of sweat in the arm pit most likely

Another way of checking decay on your implant (without wasting decay on the inserter) is to check the Value of it in your Item list from the EU site :wise:

oki, humaniod, well, still no animal, but indeed, i never scanned a moli, or better said, i didn't paid much attention to it :silly2:
but the next i see i will scan ;)

good guide, answered a lot of the questions I had. Although you may have just made it that much easier to lose my money. Here goes..

Thank you everyone for the nice comments

clovis: It is not to bad on the pocket book if you go slow take your time, after all most of us have more time then PED

As for being a sticky I am touched that you would think that this thread is worthy. Their is a fine thread by Franck on MF that was made a sticky already it is very informative. I started this thread because I read a post made by a new player who had acquired a TP chip and was asking how to insert it into his head. So I was trying to show the different tools needed for MF so that someone new to it can see what they have, need or are looking for.

with good skills is it possible to hunt with firestorm or nerve blast with any kind of chance of breaking even?

Stupid Question?

I want to implant TWO implants.
As far as I can see, I am supposed to be allowed to have up to 3 Implants.

I implanted the NEOPSION AA (levels 1-3) from the TT as my first chip, and then carefully organised to get a NEOPSION AD (levels 4-8) to cover my "missing" levels.

Why can I not implant the second implant now? The Implanter tool is telling me I can only have one implant of the same type at a time? But where is the information on what type the Implant is? How can I tell which ones are compatible? Etc.

toto's said:
with good skills is it possible to hunt with firestorm or nerve blast with any kind of chance of breaking even?

Short answer, No

Even with perfect skills, you'll still in the long run be much worse off hunting with mindforce than regular weapons, due to the TT+ price of mindforce ammo (ME)

Cly said:
I want to implant TWO implants.
As far as I can see, I am supposed to be allowed to have up to 3 Implants.

I implanted the NEOPSION AA (levels 1-3) from the TT as my first chip, and then carefully organised to get a NEOPSION AD (levels 4-8) to cover my "missing" levels.

Why can I not implant the second implant now? The Implanter tool is telling me I can only have one implant of the same type at a time? But where is the information on what type the Implant is? How can I tell which ones are compatible? Etc.

It's a fair question, but answer is you can't have more than one Mindforce implant at a time.
Not really sure why not - as you say, there are 3 slots!

Maybe it'll change when we get the long promised mindforce VU, but i wouldn't hold your breath.

In the mean time, best to use a bd implant, which will let you use levels 1-8. Level 9 & 10 chips don't exist yet, so don't need anything higher (yet!)

Reactions: Cly
Back