VU 8.7 Preview

I think the opalo should still be good be good until a104, the a104 isnt exactly powerful, and using a justifier with 8 ammo burn will definetly kill.

Well, we can only guess at the moment, maybe things wont be so bad? This meansmaybe more lower end guns, with low ammo burn. Since the justifier is a popular gun for use after a opalo for the skilling.

Anyway, i like the new HUD, the old one was... old.. and an update to that would be nice, even if its not a top priority. Lighting is good for the graphics, should ease people in who hated the previous ones, even if it hasent changed much. Its still a good improvement. Now for those bug fixes in 8.9, then onto 9.0. Hope 9.0 does really be something big.

Did anyone look at the amount of PED in that picture :laugh:

arieas said:
I think the opalo should still be good be good until a104, the a104 isnt exactly powerful, and using a justifier with 8 ammo burn will definetly kill.

It's a question of efficiency.... Basically it equals more decay in guns and armor due to less damage and more mobs hits as you hunt....

arieas said:

lol it shows that contrary to what most ppl think MA must have a test system

or more likely its been photoshoped and MA are waiting until they implement it to see the final beta ahhem i mean live version ;)

Hopefully the increase in value on an ML will counter the loss in value of my 105 and Dante amps, also the Foxtrot ME.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I feel sorry for all those people that still cant login

SB2 said:
Can you imagine the loss of efficiency using Maddox IV+Dante?

or any other of the blp weapon under 5k peds :( 50% is a bit extreme...

Hmm...Half as much damage = twice the ammo and decay and I doubt any change in the loot. Sounds like a screw job. Think I'll pass. :(

Looks like I'll be going back to LBs, or maybe it's time to take another look at crafting. Guess I'll get my hunting in as much as I can now before it gets too damn expensive to do or until the price of looted items increases to make up for this additional cost to hunters. Or maybe I'll just spend more time elsewhere. Guess I'll wait and see if it's as bad as it seems. Very disappointing news.

Hugs,
Aliana

Bugs and lag have cost me well over 10k peds in the past VU... I have a supprt case open which will stay private... but a bug fix would be nice...

Though i like the new look :) in 8.7

New HUD Design said:
The HUD has been redesigned with a new fresh look. All the usual features are included with extra transparency and new chat filters like Globals, Skill and Damage being added.

Marco, could you give us some info on if it will still be possible to read all/several of the chat channels and talk in a spesific one? (ie like pressing the 'V' button two times today) :confused:

Thanx Marco for this post +rep man

Cindywood said:
For great! now skilling is officially NOT possible anymore!

yay for MA taking away the only thing I enjoy in this game :dunce:

:edit: Shit im to sad to even write a support case... damn I was gonna deposit 13k ped this month. guess there is no point now.
Unless they add some new superior noob guns I will have nothing to do in here anymore...
'Why would YOU need to deposit ? Thought you said you profit every hunt..

:( NOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Well, MA in doing this will rip me off of about $200 due to the $$ I just spent on my weapons and amps. :(

My only way to get a lilte skills and loss lilte amount of peds is gone with this. :( Opalo + a103 amp is crap if this happens.

Also my AS-147 +dante has just dropped in eco to neer uselessness. :(

MA, bad move IMHO. The new players will surly have a big problem with this if I, being a mid range player, can have not chance of serviving....

Are you kidding???
My main hunting setup vat110 + dante is now worthless. My backup Opalo+ amp is worthless...

This is to purely to make more decay as you have to buy higher decay weapons...

I can kind of see where MA are going with this - atm it is virtually gauranteed that if you go out with a maxed out opallo, no armour and sweat all your mobs you will profit (not by much, but profit is profit)

Yes, its great for all the poor folk (myself included), but think about all the complaints we are all guilty of making about low loots... how hard it is to make a profit... Well if you take away these people who are using a maxed out noob weapon to essentially eat away at the loot pool, there should be more loot available for those that hunt stronger mobs (not necesserily uber mobs) which means more loot for the average player...

I know a large number of people will disagree with this, and in fairness i could be wrong, but I kind of hope i am right... :girl:

PINKY said:
I can kind of see where MA are going with this - atm it is virtually gauranteed that if you go out with a maxed out opallo, no armour and sweat all your mobs you will profit (not by much, but profit is profit)

Well this is clearly not the case.

I went out with an amped Opalo last night, and on 50ped of ammo I made a net loss of 20peds. That's far from profit.

arieas said:

Well, we can only guess at the moment, maybe things wont be so bad? This meansmaybe more lower end guns, with low ammo burn. Since the justifier is a popular gun for use after a opalo for the skilling.

Anyway, i like the new HUD, the old one was... old.. and an update to that would be nice, even if its not a top priority. Lighting is good for the graphics, should ease people in who hated the previous ones, even if it hasent changed much. Its still a good improvement. Now for those bug fixes in 8.9, then onto 9.0. Hope 9.0 does really be something big.

Max dmg on opalo with a104 is now 12, compared to 22 with the same decay so you just cut the economy in half basically

Aliana said:
Hmm...Half as much damage = twice the ammo and decay and I doubt any change in the loot.

Just to make it clear - no stats on any Amp will be changed in the VU. It is just that a high-level amp will work less well on a low-level weapon.

An example: Amp have Max Dam 20. It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 10. The combo will yield a Max Dam of 15 (10+5).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 20. The combo Max Dam is 20 (10+10). It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 40. The combo Max Dam is 60 (40+20).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 100. The combo Max Dam is 120 (100+20).

AkiranBlade said:
Well this is clearly not the case.

I went out with an amped Opalo last night, and on 50ped of ammo I made a net loss of 20peds. That's far from profit.

...and you sweated every creature? I doubt it, as a low level animal hunt (like snables) your sweat will cover the cost of killing, so YES it is the case

Lol, nice to see that everyone already knows what is going to happen after 8.7
How things get shitty eco and get worth less.
Just wait until the VU comes, then whine.
I think it looks nice, don't like changes, but it looks nice.
Probably will take a while before they release it anyways...

Marco|MindArk said:
Just to make it clear - no stats on any Amp will be changed in the VU. It is just that a high-level amp will work less well on a low-level weapon.

An example: Amp have Max Dam 20. It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 10. The combo will yield a Max Dam of 15 (10+5).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 20. The combo Max Dam is 20 (10+10). It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 40. The combo Max Dam is 60 (40+20).

sounds better that does.

e-lite said:
'Why would YOU need to deposit ? Thought you said you profit every hunt..

To buy back the skills I sold out (1 year?) ago.

And yes I do, but I very much dubt I will after this VU.

Marco|MindArk said:

So with an opallo with 8 damage the most efficient amp would be one with a max damage of +4 as there is nothing that has a +4 it means only the 101 would offer good efficiency?

Anything over +4 would loose efficiency as the max damage of any amp would be 4..... for example if a 102 was added, with a maximum of +7 you would only get +4 anyway...

am i right anyone? :confused:

Dunno...

...but the pics look pretty :)

Kombinator said:
Well, ok, they are doing something reasonable here, but what happened to the items they stated to be their next priority, i.e development of taming, mindforce, perhaps other professions, stamina, food/drink etc...

Or Is the excerpt just one of the things they are changing?

Well, persionaly, I think this is being done as MA is lossing too much $$ with the curent system. I imagine there are many people that can hunt and not loss tons doing it with the opalo and amp. So, this is a PRIORITY for MA, fix it or loss more money. :rolleyes: But, I'm decently skilled and I lose tons on opalo with amp. So, god knows why they find this to be a "priority". :dunno: I do know I'll start lossing even more money by hunting now, and I was not even making any real "profit" with the old system. :(

BruuD said:
Lol, nice to see that everyone already knows what is going to happen after 8.7
How things get shitty eco and get worth less.
Just wait until the VU comes, then whine.
I think it looks nice, don't like changes, but it looks nice.
Probably will take a while before they release it anyways...

well it is better this way - all bitching and moaning will go before the VU and after VU we will b&M about new bugs.

imagine if we would have learned about it together with the new bugs?... :cussing:

as of personal opinion - the change is logical and look out for those upcoming snable-snoots uber loots :dunce:

Pretender said:
sounds better that does.

It may sound better, but it still lowers the overall efficiency of the weapons with amps attached...

Maddox IV + Dante efficiency just went to the deep south...

I doubt MA loses money overall from hunts, they are just not making as much as they want:)

PINKY said:
So with an opallo with 8 damage the most efficient amp would be one with a max damage of +4 as there is nothing that has a +4 it means only the 101 would offer good efficiency?

Anything over +4 would loose efficiency as the max damage of any amp would be 4..... for example if a 102 was added, with a maximum of +7 you would only get +4 anyway...

am i right anyone? :confused:

It effectively means, stick 1 opalo in your storage or apartment as a museum piece.

SB2 said:
It may sound better, but it still lowers the overall efficiency of the weapons with amps attached...

Maddox IV + Dante efficiency just went to the deep south...

put so your dante ml on?
beast buy maddox for?

Back