A bit old news from "Wired"

Thanks for the reminder!
Reason #4502 to buy a gold card from the tt :)

Hackers, spammers, malware and virii creators exist because:

YOU TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED!

That's right, it is our (the mainstream users)'s fault that viruses, exploits, hacks, and spyware exist. You do not care until it happens to you.

Toolbars, stupid-looking crap smiley banners, adware programs, dangerous banners on rather serious sites, all can and will trigger an infection.

Recently some of my friends started shifting to torrents from direct-connect. They got BitLord wich happens to be a piece of shit software WITH BIG banners stiffing your view, and WhenUSave crap spyware. I instead use utorrent, small, clean, well-coded, NO ADS.

NOTHING IS FREE! Don't let other ppl's software use your resources so they can get money for that!

Thank you.

:D You are welcome Vap0r, and yes MrProper I agree, in most cases I think Its the user that clicks like a madman every pop-up window he gets and they tend to click the "yes, I agree" more often than that nice "close" window X. But then there is another reason why hackers, spammers, malware and virus creators exist...the simple human nature, some of us tend to make good deeds mostly:eek: , while other ppl have the need to make things worse for others and want to do harm to as many sheep as they can. Then there is the business in antivirus software market, If there were no viruses and shit around, there would be no Symantec, F-Secure, Panda... developers, so therefore less jobs available in IT field. Not to mention the hardware firewalls manufacturers and routers...etc, etc. There would be a whole lot of nothing going on, if there was no security issues.:silly2:

I love those desktops with the automatic warning about the potential good time to have a diet bc the moon and other planets are just about in the right position for you to start eating grass and other low fat products, that is after you type in all your personal information, so that the "good" program knows when to alert you.:laugh:

Robo

Robotek said:
... If there were no viruses and shit around, there would be no Symantec, F-Secure, Panda... developers, so therefore less jobs available in IT field. ...

Well, now that you remind me of that... there is a reason for... such companies to .... have malware around ;)

Back