Should men shave their armpits?

BlackMagicWoman

Stalker
Banned
Society
Q Entities (General)
Black Magic Woman
I have discovered that this topic has a large variety of answers and I am pretty curious of what you all think about it.
I know for a fact that, in my country, many men shave their armpits as a measure of hygiene(those men are heterosexual) and they consider that practice quite normal. Some men, from other countries, not only that they dont do that, but they also think that if they would, that would take away their "manhood". They think that shaving your armpits is a "girls thing" and they dont even want to consider it. Of course, some never done that before, but they are willing to try. Some women prefer it, some dont.
What do you think ladies and gentlemen? Should men shave their armpits? Do you prefer a man that does that or do you think its just unnatural?

Depends if your partner likes licking them? :laugh:

I think one sure sign of what makes up a man is that he does whatever he wants to, certainly with respect to social habits and the fashion trends of the day.
Men who go with such flow (like a recent poll in the Netherlands, which presented the opinion of a women's magazine as fashion law: Men cannot wear Hawaii-type floral pattern shirts, or white socks) are not men.

Bodyhair is a masculine thing. It is not strange that WOMEN want to get rid of it.
Shaving of armpits (or even entire bodies, which is also becoming fashionable) for men is an attempt to look less masculine, perhaps boyish, perhaps even feminine. It is why the term metrosexual was invented.

Hygiene has nothing to do with it. You are not more clean, you do not smell less bad with shaven armpits. It is a pretense for wanting to look and feel like a girl.

As for women who prefer men with shaven armpits, or even chests: It's a well-documented fear of adult men. Rather have less threatening boys, or even girls.

Hmmm....first I am wondering, what does shaving armpit hair have to do with hygiene? As long as you shower..... hair isnt a bad thing.

Secondly...no way! Men should not shave armpit hair. I find hair on a guy extremely sexy. (umm...minus back hair me thinks) :D

AkiranBlade said:
Depends if your partner likes licking them? :laugh:

very funny Barbarian Playboy :p

BlackMagicWoman said:
What do you think ladies and gentlemen? Should men shave their armpits? Do you prefer a man that does that or do you think its just unnatural?

No shaving. It's natural that u have hair in your armpit :cowboy:

Kitty said:
Hmmm....first I am wondering, what does shaving armpit hair have to do with hygiene? As long as you shower..... hair isnt a bad thing.

more hair, more bacteria, more stink :silly2:

off course some like that smell :scared:

i dont, so i shave

Wormie said:
No shaving. It's natural that u have hair in your armpit :cowboy:
And when youre nose hairs goes out you leave them - cos its natural? :laugh: Yes, they should. We are not monkeys - burn all the hair :laugh:

In the winter I dont however in the summer from a pure Anti-smell point of view I do tend to. Itchy as hell for the first few days but summer fresh though :D

The only thing I don't shave is my legs, and no one will get me to do that lol.

I like shaving my armpits I believe it's cleaner

Thaine said:
And when youre nose hairs goes out you leave them - cos its natural? :laugh: Yes, they should. We are not monkeys - burn all the hair :laugh:
be carefull, u can burn ur "Willy" to... :rolleyes:

I think i would find shaving my armpit hair weird, but then its not English culture for men to shave their armpits. If it was then maybe i wouldnt feel so uncomfortable with the idea. Its all down to culture i guess.

Im wondering do Romanian women shave their armpits? Its a generalisation in the UK that most European woman do not shave armpits or legs...

personally i wouldnt shave mine, i dont have much hair there and it would make me feel kinda akward doing it. ive never actually even tough about it until now tho :silly2:

imo a man looks better with alittle bit of armpit hair rather than none. its called masculinity :bandit:

its your armpit and you do what you want with it. dont care about what other think, unless it has come to that extent that you could accidently leave your armpit hair in someones food or beverages.

moulty armpit hair and a naked upperbody in public does not go well together :wise:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

it is very individual. first of all, the sweat itself has a variety of smelling from basically zero to very unpleasant. secondly, people emit sweat in very different amounts. moreover, I know some people who have basically no hair in that region of body, so they have nothing to shave there.

however, I never heard of people (men, to be correct) doing it because of a tradition... I suppose it is the same wierd or natural as wearing as many rings around your neck as possible. if not, I keep wondering, from where such tradions start? ok, none of my business actually :)

if one has a reason to shave, so be it. but one thing is sure, such things are not done only because someone wants to be more like the opposite sex. men do not use comb because they want to look more like women :laugh:

J.

Shaved,

Mrs Stinky prefers it that way, she says i am less stinky :D

Don't worry Kitty, the rest of me is still hairy, except my back ;)

Stinky

I do it, in the summer. From the hygiene point of view, tho, shaving is not the best solution, some sort of epilating emulse would be better. But I still shave, way too lazy to check up what cream would be better.

Regarding other men's opinions about my masculinity, I simply don't care, I'm interested what my woman says ;)

This thread smells!

And i think everyone should do whatever they want with their armpits.
I never shaved them, maybe i'll try some day, maybe not :)

A resounding "YES" ... men should shave their armpits. It's not only unhygenic to have hair in sweaty places, but also the hair gets smellier and smellier over time.

Confession time ... I'm a clean boy ;)

dbelinfante said:
It is why the term metrosexual was invented.

lol for those who know it, that episode of South Park is awesome!

I guess it depends on culture, here in England it looks strange. I'm a trimmer not a shaver ;) so long as you are respectable that is enough to both retain manly-ness and be nice for the gf.

GL to all hairy warriors - I salute you!

I like hairy men, more hair the better, hairy chests,arms,legs..hairy backs too :laugh:

I wouldnt find it attractive to see a guy shaving himself, I cant help the way I feel.. and I feel hair on men is 'manly/butch' :cool:

dj. said:
I like hairy men, more hair the better, hairy chests,arms,legs..hairy backs too :laugh:

I wouldnt find it attractive to see a guy shaving himself, I cant help the way I feel.. and I feel hair on men is 'manly/butch' :cool:

here

:dunce:

Kerham said:
here

Thanx, how sweet of you, can I keep him? :silly2:

Jesus, that pic just made my day ROFL :D
p.s. I`m the "trimmer" kind :laugh:

man can be hairy, and should be, so no shaving, just some trimming :kos:

I wouldnt mind trying a pit-shavin`..... :rolleyes:

Hell, May as well have the curtains match the carpet!!! :wise:

I guess any of the men that would like to shave for hygiene reasons could always use a merkin to restore their masculinity.

Nea said:
man can be hairy, and should be, so no shaving, just some trimming :kos:

Ditto! :wise:

I would need 2 hours to write all my ideas why men should NOT shave some part of their body .... and that's why i won't write any! :silly2:

its bad enough that man have to shave their face, depending what line of work they do, me personally, shave everything but arms, legs and armpits, for me shaving armpits just makes people look pretty boys becoz they are generally ugly in other areas, not saying that the people who have said that they shave there armpits are, i like my manlyness, and no-one will convince me to take it away,
ps, i shave down there becoz it makes it look fookin huge, and the missus likes it too
:)

Back