Basic Trading Tutorial

Alice

Slayer
Society
Rising Potentials
Alice in Wonderland
This is just a small part of my main guide, you can find the main guide, which is far bigger at my signature

1 Trading, tt+ and the %

1.1 The tt+

You can buy the basic stuff to the trade terminal and sell EVERYTHING to the trade terminal. That doesn’t mean you get money for all the stuff you are selling there.
For example, sweat, fruit and dung won’t bring a single pec there.
If you sell something to the trade terminal you get the actual value of the item.
I introduce my standard item for explanations: the axe 1x0 worth (fully repaired) 7 ped.
Means if you would sell it to the trade terminal (tt) you would get 7 ped (also called tt, means in that case the tt value determined by its repair status, not the trade terminal itself).
Although you can sell everything there, you can’t buy everything there, like the axe.
Most items have to be looted (means you kill a mob and get it from it) or manufactured.
That means those items are more or less “rare”, and that leads to a higher price the people would buy it for, because it is more or less hard to get.
The tt+ is used for single items like weapons, armors etc.
For example I use the axe1x0, still fully repaired, worth 7 ped.
If someone is selling it for tt+3, it means you have to pay 10 ped instead of 7.
The tt+ is also the main thing you should think about when purchasing something.
There is a difference in purchasing a fully repaired axe for 10 ped, or a 5 ped repaired axe for 10 ped.
It has to be repaired sooner, means you will increase the repair status of it again, means you will have paid too much (exception: clothes, no repair needed to wear them, and no decay; the will just be a 1 pec decay when they are bleached (see colouring section).

1.2 The %

For stackable items like ore, enmatter, hides etc. the tt+ won’t work.
It’s a difference if you sell 100 hide for tt+10 ped or 1000. It would be hard to compare. That’s why % is used.
In this case I use force Nexus for the explanation:
”Selling Force Nexus at 160%” means the tt-value*1.6.
100 Nexus would be 1.6 ped, 1000 16, totally different tt+ but the same %.

Limited items are sold with % too. They can’t be repaired once they are broken, so higher value means more uses, what will increase the price.

1.3 Trading

1.3.1 With other players
Trading with other players is always done in a private trade. Select the person you want to trade with and click or press the number of private trade in your quickbar (action library)
Never lay something to the ground and hope your trade partner will do that too!
Never click accept until everything you agreed during the trade discussion is in the trade window of your partner!
Never lend something to someone you don’t trust absolutely.
And before you finally click at the accept trade button in the window that pops up after both clicked confirm, look again if everything you wanted is in the trade window of your partner!

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/trade_window.jpg[/wrap]
In the upper left corner you see the items summarized

You can see the name of your trading partner, the items he want to trade and the tt summarized in the upper window.

The lower window is yours where the items you want to trade can be placed, the tt is summarized also.

Before you click confirm, check again if everything you agreed during the trade discussion is in the window.

You can withdraw your money from the ped-card by doubleclicking at it, you can’t put the card into the trade window. You select either ped, or pec, choose the amount and click accept, and the money is placed in your inventory.

16.3.2 At Auction

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/auctioneer.jpg[/wrap]
In the most cities you can find an auctioneer, and can “use” him like a trade terminal, and the auction window will open.

The auction is global, it doesn’t matter which auctioneer you visit, all will have the same.

The auction window

auction_efversion.jpg

On the left side you have the categories, the first 2 are time dependent, but include just a few items, the next 2 are showing the items you bided on or you chose to sell at auction. You can click browse to open categories sorted after items or use of them, sometimes even with more subcategories.

auction_colums2.jpg

The columns:
-Item
the name of the item
-Qty
the quantity; for stackable items
-Value
The actual tt value of it
-Bid
The actual price bided for the item, if it is in brackets; there has been no bid at that time.
-Add.
This is the tt+ or the % the current bid stands on, in this example easy to see with the blueprint, 0.01 ped tt, wanted price is 2.00 ped, tt+ is 1.99.
-Buyout
If a buyout is set, and this price is reached, the item will be sold immediately at this price, and he doesn’t have to wait until the time is over.
Beware; there is a common bug, that amplifiers bought at buyout can’t be equipped.
To solve this, simply go to your storage, place the amplifier in it, take it out again, and it can be equipped.
-Bids
How many bids already took place for this item
-Time left
Time you have to bid on this item, if it is over, it will be sold at the highest bid, if there were no bids, the item will be given to the owner again

16.3.2.2 Buying at auction

For more information about the item and the seller and if you want to bid, you can doubleclick at the name.
I am very happy to explain it with this example, since this is a
Limited item scamming attempt (this item couldn't be repaired after purchasing and is therefore unusable).
(I was so kind and deleted the name of the scammer),
but for general explanations this is enough:

auction_2.jpg

If you want to bid on it, you place your ped card in this field, and the accept button at the bottom of the screen will be enlightened:

auction_placebid2.jpg

(I played with my screenshots a bit again to show it.)

With the arrows, you can determine how much you want to bid.
When you click accept, you will be asked if you are sure you want to place a bid. When you press ok, your bid is there, and can’t be withdrawn anymore. Either you win the auction then (maybe with buyout) or will be outbid.
In any case you will get a message about what happened, and if you won, you have to go to an auctioneer (any will work) to get your item.

16.3.2.3 Selling at auction

You click at sell and a new window will open.
Place the item you want to sell in the field, here the EP17-ME

auction_3.jpg

You can now choose how long the auction will take, what price you want to set as minimal bid, if you want a buyout option, and if so, how high the buyout should be.
If you are done with the settings, check them again, it happened often, that people set a false buyout, or sell the false item, so be sure before you click accept.

When you click accept, a window will pop up asking you if you are sure.

For placing an item at auction, you will have to pay a fee of 0.5 ped.
Additionally to this, you will have to pay 5% of the difference between the tt value of the item you want to sell, and the start bid you set.
This fee you won’t get back, if the item is sold or not.

If your items sells higher as the opening bid, you will have to pay for that difference too.

Here the official example, see entropiauniverse.com:

Example:
You would like to sell your old pistol which has a TRADE TERMINAL value of 5 PED. You set the OPENING BID to 105 PED. To place the item at the auction it costs you:

Base Fee + markup commission = 0.5 + markup commission on 100 PED = 5.26 PED to place item on auction.

The final SALE PRICE for the rifle was 205 PED.

Additional Markup commission -> markup commission on 100 PED = 4.76 PED

Regardless if the item sells or not, you will get a message what happened. If your item wasn’t sold you have to go to an auctioneer to get it back again, if it was sold, the cash is transferred by your card automatically. Sometimes there will be a lag in transferring, and to get the cash immediately, withdraw something from your ped card, a single pec will work.

General selling tips
 Of course, the item you want to sell should have at least the opportunity to be sold at more than the fee you pay, else you will make loss just with the auction fee
 Watch the other prices, especially for the more common things, don’t sell something at a too high price, if 10 others sell much cheaper, but of course, be realistic, and don’t underestimate your property.
 Ore/Enmatter, and similar common stuff, shouldn’t be placed in auction for more than 2 days, most people don’t bid on this, because the price could fall, so, your cash will be bind at auction.
 Especially for the more common stuff it is useful to have a buyout option; this shouldn’t be too high above the market price, but a bit more doesn’t hurt. You never know when a crafter is deserted and need his resources urgently.
 The rare stuff can be placed longer, rather without buyout, to provoke a bidding war, since you want to sell your stuff for the best possible price usually (I mean really rare here).
 Try to set the ending times at times where a lot of players are online, means, mainly Saturdays at the evenings. This leads of course to the fact that your chance for the cheaper stuff is higher at unusual times when most people don’t play

16.3.3 With shopkeepers

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/trade_shopkeepr.jpg[/wrap]
A shopkeeper is a NPC (Non Player Character) owned by another player.

If you rightclick at it you see what it is selling.
For info about the item rightclick at it, if you left click at it the price for it will be shown at the bottom of the window.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/trade_shopkeepr_window.jpg[/wrap]
If you want some of the items you drag it to the buy window, pay and you got it.
You should always have a look at the value of the item before you buy.
Most shopkeepers have quite expensive prices, so take a look at auction or market prices too.

16.3.4 At shops

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/trade_shop_offer_efversion.jpg[/wrap]
Items are placed there so you can see immediately if it contains something you are looking for.
To see the stats, rightclick at the item; in the new window you can have a look at the tt and the price offered, and you can buy it by clicking the “buy”-icon.
Shops have quite expensive prices too usually.

16.4 Scamming prevention

This is an own point because it is very important. This game, as already mentioned, is based on real money. And like in the real world most people just want your best, your money.
There are a lot of scammers out of there, always trying to fool the people, so beware. This isn’t a guide to scam; I just describe some methods to avoid being scammed, not to do it.
It’s written a bit sarcastic, but it is a really serious topic.

16.4.1 The tt stuff scam
Someone is coming to you, and wants a trade, often without asking you, you just get a private trade message. If you accept, an item from the trade terminal is placed into the trade window, usually a weapon, let’s say an opalo for 3.8 ped. Your trade partner bought it at the tt and now wants lets say 4.8 ped. At tt you can have it for 3.8 ped, you save 1 ped there. If he comes with a damaged one, worth 2 ped and wants 3, this still isn’t an offer to think about, simply because you will have to repair it sooner or later anyway. And you will have to repair the 1 ped you “saved” too.
Often used for this scam are the
 Sollomate opalo
 Omegaton M2100
 Castorian survival enblade-A
 Castorian EnKnuckels-A
 Castorian combat enblade-A
Those with the “A” aren’t used not usually for this as long they are repaired. But it could also be done with other trade terminal stuff, so inform yourself before you buy.

16.4.2 The weapon/armor trader and technician scam

This is a variation of nr.1. In some towns you can find weapon/armor traders or technicians.
Those are NPCs selling and buying items like trade terminals.
Most beginners don’t know they exist and buy those weapons, although they are crap anyway.
Often used for this scam are the
 A3 Punisher MkI handgun
 The EP 13 handgun
 EP 16 handgun
 Armor not that often because its crap, also not often the blueprints, they are just worth 1 pec and to sell a beginner something worth 1 pec for 1 ped would need some explanation and a serious scammer has no time for explanations.

Often this stuff is at the auction. Don’t buy it. This will lead to a 1 ped loss (auction fee) for the scammer, and to a smile in your face. 

16.4.3 The “borrow me please” scam
This one is quite obvious. Someone comes to you, and often tries to open a trade chat without asking. And if you accept he/she want to borrow you stuff. Also usually weapons, the more expensive the better. So if someone wants to borrow your 300 ped worth sword or so and saying something like “I promise I give it back”, well FOR SURE HE WILL. And tomorrow it starts raining gold or something like that. Don’t believe such a crap. NEVER borrow anything to anyone you don’t trust absolutely.
I say it again, NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT

16.4.4 The business relation scam

Variation of Nr.3. Someone wants to have a business relationship with you, offering to share the profits if you give him the stuff to sell. Do I have to say more?
Maybe he tries to show his god will with something free for you, but unless you haven’t got that free item (lets say someone offers to colour your clothes to show his good will, well, you can be happy if you get the clothes back), and even after, you should be VERY careful.

16.4.5 The “improvement” or paint scam

That is a variation of 3. Again a trade window is opened, and someone tells you he has a chip or something else like that, and can make your weapon/armor/tool … indestructible of, make more damage, fly around and shoot everything itself, bites all people in the …, well that stuff or that he can paint your stuff.
To do so he/she wants you to give him/her the weapon/armor/tool… to improve it.
Usually for “free”, (sometimes they scammer even want to be paid!).
There are no chips or something that can make an item indestructible and armors or weapons can’t be painted.
There are items that improve the damage for ranged weapons, and armor plates to improve the protection of armor. Both can be bought. Has nothing to do with chips. This person just wants your stuff, like above and want to go away with a smile on his face. The best way to get rid of such a scammer is that you say something like: “this scam is soooo old”
Again ill say it: NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

16.4.6 The ESI scam

It is also a variation of 3. It won’t affect you as long you are a disciple, because you can’t use skill chips during that time, but I mention it anyway. Someone wants to sell his/her skills. But unfortunately he/she has no empty skill implant to extract them. So you could please be so kind and buy one or maybe some more (worth 70-90 ped, depends on the market), and give the skill implant(s) to him/her, so this nice person is be able to extract his/her skills finally and will sell you them for a really low price. I see the gold rain from number 3 again, at least for that scammer, if you really think that is true. There are really some honest people who sell skills like that, but usually it is enough to scan this person if he at least could have this skill. That isn’t often the case.
Have I already mentioned (?): NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

If you really want to buy skills after you are done with your training, buy them at auction, or request an item from the trading partner, worth current market price of ESI.

16.4.7 The limited (L) item scam
All weapons/armors/tools need to be repaired when they reach 3% of their maximal value, else you can’t use it anymore.
But there are limited weapons and tools in game.
Special about this limited stuff is that it can’t be repaired. So let’s say someone buys such a limited sword, after some time it is broken, or close to. And this person starts to think, how could I make a bit more profit? And put it in auction (usually its done with the auction), thinking some fool will buy it. DON’T BUY LOW VALUE LIMITED Items. Not just that you would pay an incredible price maybe for 2 shots or strikes, nope just to see how the scammer lose the 1 ped fee he/she paid. And that turns a smile on your face.

16.5 Market value

you can click the graph symbol [wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/trade_marketvalue.jpg[/wrap] in the stats of your item, to open a window with the latest sales, and even a graph.
<--This symbol

Here is an example using the TT+ Pricing method (repairable and non-stackable items)
trade_marketvalue_pricestt.jpg

Here is an example using the % Pricing method (for stackable and L items)
trade_marketvalue_pricespercent.jpg

A sample Price Graph
trade_marketvalue_graph.jpg

Last edited:
I like this :) definitly would help me out!!:D

Howie

updated with the marketvalue feature
sry, forgot before, just updated the guide with it
shit happens

here you go :)

Alice another great guide as usual. :)

Something that's not quite clear, and may be good to add.

In section 16.3.2.3 Selling at auction... you say:
'Regardless if the item sells or not, you will get a message what happened. If your item wasn’t sold you have to go to an auctioneer to get it back again'

Nobody ever says whether you get your auction fee back if your item doesn't sell. I think you don't, but maybe an expert auction user can correct me. It would be good to clarify this in the guide.

eg. 'Regardless if the item sells or not, you will get a message what happened. Also if the item does not sell, you will not get back the auction fee you paid when you placed the item in the auction.'

Alice another great guide as usual. :)

Something that's not quite clear, and may be good to add.

In section 16.3.2.3 Selling at auction... you say:
'Regardless if the item sells or not, you will get a message what happened. If your item wasn’t sold you have to go to an auctioneer to get it back again'

Nobody ever says whether you get your auction fee back if your item doesn't sell. I think you don't, but maybe an expert auction user can correct me. It would be good to clarify this in the guide.

eg. 'Regardless if the item sells or not, you will get a message what happened. Also if the item does not sell, you will not get back the auction fee you paid when you placed the item in the auction.'
ofc, you dont get it back, thats the joke :D
anyway, i added it here and in the main guide
thx for the suggestion :)

Please also mention the "I can upgrade your armour" scam.

Cheers

Please also mention the "I can upgrade your armour" scam.

Cheers
it was already there, 16.4.5 i think

but i made an additional line, to seperate it a bit more, and i guess i gonna write it in bold to make it easier to see when a new point starts :)

call it a bump

Regarding the L items scam

Nice post by the way..however regarding the L items , you have to realise some players have galleries and museums or like items for show, I admit I sell all my broken L items on auction for a 2-5 ped markup depending on how rare the item is, because ive come across some good L items that are pretty rare and not readily available to a collector. MA would disallow the sale of broken weapons if it could not become a collectable item, as some L bps and looted L items can be worth a fortune in the future as a collectible to many avatars that have money to burn, I just sell to get back some of my losses.

You technically cannot call it a scam

Agis

Nice post by the way..however regarding the L items , you have to realise some players have galleries and museums or like items for show, I admit I sell all my broken L items on auction for a 2-5 ped markup depending on how rare the item is, because ive come across some good L items that are pretty rare and not readily available to a collector. MA would disallow the sale of broken weapons if it could not become a collectable item, as some L bps and looted L items can be worth a fortune in the future as a collectible to many avatars that have money to burn, I just sell to get back some of my losses.

You technically cannot call it a scam
I am sorry, but i can

you say that "some" players have museums (atm i just know one museum to show items, but maybe I'm not up to date here) and that you sell "all" L items at auction

so, who buys the rest?
most likely newbies who have no idea that they cannot use this weapon when they bought it
this is taking advantage of the lack of knowledge of newbies
and that is a scam

especially since i see the main purpose in a weapon is to use it and to fight with
take a look at auction how many korss 400 etc (which aren't that rare) are trying to be sold when broken, trying to press some cash out of ppl who don't know to get a bit more of the investment back

and it would be very hard to implemented to take broken L items from auction
say, use the korss til just 1-4 shots are left (you can calculate that), and put it into auction then
newbie buys it, most likely overpriced anyway, fires 1 shot, and is eaten by the next mob

it could work if the L item had to be 10% of max tt to sell it at auction, that would be at least a couple of shots more
or a big warning message, directly in the pic of the item, next to the L
JUST 1 USE LEFT

you would be surprised how many ppl buy broken L items, and i simply doubt they are all collectors
crusher L, emiks L and whatever, arent that rare

if you are now selling a big ass L fap, who can't be used anymore, and which is rare, well, the price won't be 1-4+ for a collector i guess
several rare stuff (even if its just for show) is sold for much more

so, it is a scam in my opinion
there are not that many collectors to buy all the (usually low level and even overpriced) broken L items at auctions
and far too many newbies who think they make a good deal
for a newbie every ped matters, and it happens they buy a cheaper L item to test it, just can't use it then

In the Auction section you say that setting auction on items costs extra for every extra day - I believe that is only true with Orders (Not regular auction sales).

In the Auction section you say that setting auction on items costs extra for every extra day - I believe that is only true with Orders (Not regular auction sales).
thx, i thought i corrected it
I have 2 versions of the guide (one on USB stick, one at HDD) and just one is corrected too :/

the EF version wasn't corrected too

thx for finding it, gotta get the correct guide version online too

excellent job on the tutorial!

Will my PED back,if I failed the bid?
if you bid on an item, and someone else (or you) bid more, the cash of the bid will be paid back :)

Great tutorial thx but i have two questions :)
Is the markup comission always 5% or it depends on markup value?

If its 5% why you have calculated 4.76 PED form 100 PED and not just 5 PED. :scratch2:

Great tutorial thx but i have two questions :)
Is the markup comission always 5% or it depends on markup value?

If its 5% why you have calculated 4.76 PED form 100 PED and not just 5 PED. :scratch2:

i think it is decreasing the higher the markup gets

and i haven't calculated anything, this was MAs offical example :D
i guess it still is :)

16.4.3 The “borrow me please” scam
This one is quite obvious. Someone comes to you, and often tries to open a trade chat without asking. And if you accept he/she want to borrow you stuff. Also usually weapons, the more expensive the better. So if someone wants to borrow your 300 ped worth sword or so and saying something like “I promise I give it back”, well FOR SURE HE WILL. And tomorrow it starts raining gold or something like that. Don’t believe such a crap. NEVER borrow anything to anyone you don’t trust absolutely.
I say it again, NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Oh good god, nobody's that stupid.

Am I the only one in the freaking WORLD that sees a very easy way out of this? Oh, and I'm not talking about the "just don't do it" way out, because some people are legitimate and honest in this practice (they're few and far between, yes, but they are out there).

Demand a COLATERAL! Demand something in return, such as two novice weapons for the good weapon, and make sure the market value of these total up to greater than or equal to the value of the good weapon you're "lending." That way, even if they don't give back the weapon, you can buy sell the crappy weapons and use the money to buy a new good weapon.

It's not rocket science.:rolleyes:

Oh good god, nobody's that stupid.

Am I the only one in the freaking WORLD that sees a very easy way out of this? Oh, and I'm not talking about the "just don't do it" way out, because some people are legitimate and honest in this practice (they're few and far between, yes, but they are out there).

Demand a COLATERAL! Demand something in return, such as two novice weapons for the good weapon, and make sure the market value of these total up to greater than or equal to the value of the good weapon you're "lending." That way, even if they don't give back the weapon, you can buy sell the crappy weapons and use the money to buy a new good weapon.

It's not rocket science.:rolleyes:

What you have to remember is that there will always be people that are very new to online games. I remember when I just started this game too, and I had very little knowledge from mmorpg's, and I tended to trust the people I met. Thankfully I almost immediately got myself a good mentor and a soc, so I didn't get scammed, but It could easily have been me. So I guess I am one of those "stupid" people that could have been an easy prey. It is good to hear that you are smart enough to not fall into the scammers hands.

actually, i know several ppl who fell for that because they thought they could trust the person they lent items to

so, it isnt necessarily a newbie, and with the amount of time those ppl have spend together, trust was built, so no collateral asked
(one i loaned cash, and this time that person asked for collateral, although we new eachother for kinda long
the item was far more worth than the cash loaned though)

and i was asked at the newbie arrival zone in PA if i could loan the guy my sword (kat honor), which i refused
suddenly he became a major mindforce specialist (in underwear and broke how the chat was like) who was able to make my kat honor indistructible :rolleyes:

so its tried

and just the fact that its tried, shows that there must be more success than you may think

as to newbies
how should they know that there is no way back if you loaned something?

but generally, it was more a headsup to not fall for this kinda of scam
i know several who did :(

actually, i know several ppl who fell for that because they thought they could trust the person they lent items to

as to newbies
how should they know that there is no way back if you loaned something?

but generally, it was more a headsup to not fall for this kinda of scam
i know several who did :(
I did once as well - luckily just a basic pattern shirt and some paints.
But the shirt was the first gift I was given ingame and being scammed out of that act of kindness hurt worse than the loss of a few PEDs.

It's pretty much like the outside world in here - a few pieces of s**t and a lot of good people. The trouble is telling who is who :/

Where to get a shopkeeper

Hi! I´m not shure this is the proper forum, but I couldn´t find any other headline. Does anyone know where to get (buy) a shopkeeper? I´ve tried the auction and the shops...

Hi, You will want to post your request in the buying subforum of the trading forum. Auction and shops are the correct place, but they are a bit rare not something you find for sale every day.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/buying/

Zar

Thanks, Johned!

Awesome! Complete, indepth, and valuable information :) thumbs up!

Alice - this is great, and thank you for making this. Reading things like this made starting this game so much easier. +rep

I fell for that with an oreamp. I didn't realize that 3 percent was the cutoff and it was like...... 6 or 7 percent. One run down the lake near nymphtown and it was done.

That's why I friggin HATE limited items. Everybody says they're so great. They frustrate me something crazy.

Back