Buying locked skill?

Shadow-Ale

Prowler
Society
Rabbid
Ailena 'Shadow-Ale' Schattenjaeger
I was wandering around aimlessly in Twin Peaks today, when someone advertised a full RDA skill implant. That made me thinking: What happens if I buy it, even though I haven't unlocked the skill? Will it unlock it? will it give me the skills, but keep them locked until unlock the skill? Or will it just not work?

Anyone tried, or know anyone who have tried?

Edit: No, I'm not going to buy skills, just curious

I havnt tried but I doubt you can even insert it.

You must already of unlocked the required skill in order to use it. Else you cannot use it.

Faustian said:
You must already of unlocked the required skill in order to use it. Else you cannot use it.

If you right-click on the chip it will tell you one of two things. A) the amount of increase by inserting the skills into your avatar. B) unknown skill if you haven't unlocked it.

I want RDA....MA just give it to me please, i am so close just give me skill already. K, enough of my ranting.

No it wont unlock it. You can buy it, but you wont be able to use it until you have unlocked the skill.

buying skill chips for skills you havent unlocked yet is a good way to gain load of experience in it when you do unlock it :)

like for example, im thinking on buying a few Serendipity chips, so that when i do unlock it, i can insert those, and have like 2k+ in it within like 5min :p

SIBUK said:
No it wont unlock it. You can buy it, but you wont be able to use it until you have unlocked the skill.

Yup, that's right :)

Back