HowTo: Participant Content (PC) - step by step guide

hmmm

omg this got me frazzled. can i just hire someone to make me a sign please?
does anyone here want to do this for me?

I've been playing around with signs a few days in my apartment and shop... this thread is useful.

Screens and PC is expensive. Signs and just static text is not nearly as bad.

It's not too complicated, just takes a bit of know-how. It helps to read and also helps to have a little understanding of game engines to understand why power of 2 rule is used.

What I'm wondering is how many ads a sign can hold? Also, if you set the setting to 0 does that particular ad in the mix not show up? It seems like you can do multiple ads, and rotate them, or is it really a mix and match of randomness? There seems to be some possibilities here to have an advertising agency if you have enough Land Holders/estate holders working together, etc.

I've been playing around with signs a few days in my apartment and shop... this thread is useful.

Screens and PC is expensive. Signs and just static text is not nearly as bad.

It's not too complicated, just takes a bit of know-how. It helps to read and also helps to have a little understanding of game engines to understand why power of 2 rule is used.

What I'm wondering is how many ads a sign can hold? Also, if you set the setting to 0 does that particular ad in the mix not show up? It seems like you can do multiple ads, and rotate them, or is it really a mix and match of randomness? There seems to be some possibilities here to have an advertising agency if you have enough Land Holders/estate holders working together, etc.

Hi Mastermesh,
Are you the same person who did Klown's ad in his apt/shop?
If that was you I was there. That was a good sign :)
You're hired!!!!
I have 2 signs I bought, both blank of course and both full tt
J

I use windows 7
it doesnt have c:documents and settings/myname/my documents
it has c:users/myname/my documents

will it work if i create the folder entropia universe and within that archive?

There will be a PREVIEW button in the second window that opens ... you can use it together with ANY sign/screen/display you encouter in the universe to see how your image would look ingame... i suggest going to a shopping mall and trying out some encountered signs ... Note in preview mode only you will be able to see your image being displayed so u cant share it with others unless u take a screenie

I have tried clicking on other people's signs in order to do a preview but I only get a message that I do not have access to them as they are on someone else's estate. Is there a special trick to do this?

Now I answer my own question (I got the answer direct from I do).
Click on the sign
Open the action book
In the system section on page 2 you will find Participant Content - click on its icon

BUMP! Have the fees changed in the last 3 years? (mainly interested in upload fees)

Cheers.

BUMP! Have the fees changed in the last 3 years? (mainly interested in upload fees)

Cheers.

Honestly i must say i don't know... since MA destroyed the PC resolution post VU 10.0 i have not uploaded anything and i refuse to until the resolution is restored.

Cheers
Ido

Hey :), I am having troubles with uploading PC content, even previewing if that. I'm pretty sure I am doing everything correct (even just making a test thing in paint.net, (using reon-T so ratio is 2:1) I am making something 400pixels high by 200 wide (2:1) (may be the other way around, not in game to check, but i've tried it both ways and i'm sure neither work, let alone it would still at least allow me to upload), making it as a .jpg, and saving it in the archieve folder). Now when I go to edit on my display in game, go to the archieve tab, hit refresh, it shows up just fine on there, says the title, size, its a texture. But when I click the preview and/or upload buttons on the left....nothing at all happens :/ any clue? please help :( Oh and also, in a post I saw here you say PC content is in your action library under system, its not there? does that mean it was removed from EU for an undetermined amount of time or? I have sent a support ticket also and they basically said apologies for the problem but they do not know about the issue and have no ETA on when it will be fixed :/

Hey :), I am having troubles with uploading PC content, even previewing if that. I'm pretty sure I am doing everything correct (even just making a test thing in paint.net, (using reon-T so ratio is 2:1) I am making something 400pixels high by 200 wide (2:1) (may be the other way around, not in game to check, but i've tried it both ways and i'm sure neither work, let alone it would still at least allow me to upload), making it as a .jpg, and saving it in the archieve folder). Now when I go to edit on my display in game, go to the archieve tab, hit refresh, it shows up just fine on there, says the title, size, its a texture. But when I click the preview and/or upload buttons on the left....nothing at all happens :/ any clue? please help :( Oh and also, in a post I saw here you say PC content is in your action library under system, its not there? does that mean it was removed from EU for an undetermined amount of time or? I have sent a support ticket also and they basically said apologies for the problem but they do not know about the issue and have no ETA on when it will be fixed :/

Hi The only thing i can recommend is to use a 2^x size for your art for example 256x512 etc .. i remember this was one of the main problems people had with uploading the graphics.

I'm not sure about the folders and file locations anymore i haven't used the system in a very long time now.

Best Regards
Ido

Hi The only thing i can recommend is to use a 2^x size for your art for example 256x512 etc .. i remember this was one of the main problems people had with uploading the graphics.

I'm not sure about the folders and file locations anymore i haven't used the system in a very long time now.

Best Regards
Ido

Alright, :) appreciate the help, I'll try that :) thanks.

Best Regards
Ido

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! omg ty so much lol i've been going at this for weeks -.- lol ty ty ty so much :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: +rep :D

Hoping someone can help.
Ive bought a Elique Screen (PC) and I have it placed in my apt in FOMA.
Ive created a picture at the correct resolution and uploaded it.
Repaired it to full TT.
The Ad had been created and previews fine ... but the screen is just black.

I cant seem to get it to "turn on"

Have I missed something here?

Thanks for ne help :)

Hoping someone can help.
Ive bought a Elique Screen (PC) and I have it placed in my apt in FOMA.
Ive created a picture at the correct resolution and uploaded it.
Repaired it to full TT.
The Ad had been created and previews fine ... but the screen is just black.

I cant seem to get it to "turn on"

Have I missed something here?

Thanks for ne help :)

There is a enable disable action I think it's called activate... Similar to lamps maybe try that
Also try to relog as the content needs to be DL from Entropia server to your pc...

Hope this helps

Ido

There is a enable disable action I think it's called activate... Similar to lamps maybe try that
Also try to relog as the content needs to be DL from Entropia server to your pc...

Hope this helps

Ido

Thanks for the reply Ido, I brought it down to Caly and tried it there after a relog and it come good :)
Took it back to FOMA and its working as it should now.

-Chances

Does multimedia (=video) displays work now, or is it just images?

Hi, I know this thread is really old but I need some help with this crappy system that MA calls User-Generated Content (UGC).

Since I'm not getting any help from them, I would appreciate it if anyone in the community could provide some guidance/assistance.

2018_support.jpg

Yep, that's right, this support ticket is still unanswered, more than a year and a half later...

Anyway, I've uploaded a 2:1 aspect ratio image, but when I try to load it onto my Megaview Sign (UGC), it keeps coming up the wrong way. I've rotated the image and uploaded again (paid the upload fee again) but the same problem is happening. So I don't know how to fix it...

orientation.jpg

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks for your help,

Legends

Your post says you are trying to upload to megaview but that sure looks like a 1:1 gigantium to me unless you have two of them right next to one another on the wall or something... which is what it may be?... if I'm reading the image right on where the edges are... if so, file a new support case each day til Mindark gives you a better response... I find that when I do that after about the third or fourth day they'll respond with better reply since they'll get tired of you spamming them.

You can rotate the sign on the wall the other way when using placing it...

What's the actual pixel size dimensions of the image you uploaded? If I remember correctly it needs to be exact aspect ratio, etc. so 256 x 512 etc.

Last edited:
Your post says you are trying to upload to megaview but that sure looks like a 1:1 gigantium to me unless you have two of them right next to one another on the wall or something... which is what it may be?... if I'm reading the image right on where the edges are... if so, file a new support case each day til Mindark gives you a better response... I find that when I do that after about the third or fourth day they'll respond with better reply since they'll get tired of you spamming them.

You can rotate the sign on the wall the other way when using placing it...

What's the actual pixel size dimensions of the image you uploaded? If I remember correctly it needs to be exact aspect ratio, etc. so 256 x 512 etc.

Yes what you see there on the wall is 2 Megaview Sign (UGC) side by side, rotated 90 degrees. I was trying to upload this table I made:

new_burn_pen_table.jpg

I cut it in 2 right in the middle, uploaded the first one and created an ad, you can see that the right panel on the wall worked as intended, but when it came to the left, it just kept coming in the wrong orientation...

Pretty sure it was 1024x2048, I'll have to check. It was exactly the same as the right panel, no reason for this not to work...

Try rotating image 90degrees in photo editor, saving and re-upload it?

Try rotating image 90degrees in photo editor, saving and re-upload it?

Yep, I tried that, uploaded the new image (paid again), but it was the same problem still...

are both screens the same type? Maybe one is horizontal and the other vertical ? did you try previewing your left message on the right screen that works ?

I would take the file that works and replace its content with the second image... maybe its some metadata issue in the file?

Cheers
Ido

Anyone else experiencing this? I uploaded a new image tonight for an adscreen and it came up grey in my images directory. I've uploaded alot of images over the years successfully by following the guide in this thread so I don't believe I've done anything different.
This image is 1024 X 1024 and I'm scratching my head at what isn't working. Uploading isn't cheap, and I've tried twice, don't want to drain my ped card trying to figure this out lol.. Can anyone help? :)

Back