Talking about EU in other games

Dahlifyr

Alpha
I dont now if it`s just me, but when i play other onlíne games i like to throw in some positive commercial about EU. I usualy start with the question if some of my guildmates have heard of EU, the most common answer is ofcourse no. Infact, usualy they have never heard of RCE games what so ever. But when i have explained what that is, i have their interest, and i start to talk about EU.

And if i hear outside people badmouthing EU, even if they not have played it, i have to defend it. I do this even couse i whine ALOT about EU, but not everywhere, just here on this forum. My question is: Do you talk about EU in other games or in RL, to make more people now about this weird, strange, frustrating and absolutley lovely game?

Last edited:
Erm, I don't play any other Online Games myself. Although If I did, Id deffo be constantly comparing it to EU. Of course not If it were no where near lol.

I think getting people from other MMORPGs Is the best place to recruit new OJs. Unfortunately, this game Is only enjoyable one you deposit properly (I know you can sweat and shoot 300 ammo bla bla, I mean play the game properly...) and alot of people really would not like to part with $10 to a game they've never heard of. Theyd think we're crazy...

Well, I suppose we are. Hehe.

Most of my other MMORPG Accounts are locked. Yeah I got banned for selling Uber Items on Ebay.
This is one reason why I looked for a Game where it is no problem to sell Items for real money. Only thing I found was EU.
I like the RCE aspect and its a lot more challanging than other MMORPGs.

I did some talks on the forums from other MMORPGs and discussed some aspects of EU compared to the games I former played, in ICQ with my mates there.
Some think about joining EU, some did it already.
Some have taken a look and quit again, because they think its to expencive.

Makes me think, MA should make a headquarter / infocenter in games that offer that possibility ;)

But to answer your question, i don't really play any other online game, but try to recommend EU to anyone that could possibly be interested, in a game or reallife.

yes talk in other games...
yes talk irl...
and yes its always to "spread the word" :)
EU (or PE as it was then) was my first MMO.
After playing my share of "regular" games, i was hooked.
I then finally started looking at MMO's more seriousy. I have played a few and have active accounts for some still.

I do mention EU when talking with other players in games, but the thing is the concept is not so new anymore. A very big game publisher that runs quite a few MMO's had goteen upset from people making money on ebay and the likes. So they got smart and did a study on the real money economies that have exsisted underground for sometime. They found that "pay to play" is big money. After one year of running they released their white paper on it and it proves to be a big business, and this was in just one MMO setup with "exchange servers". Monthly subscription is still there, but now with the added option of selling your avy/gear/coin or buying it.
Not to mention, i now FULLY understand when people say that "the coding in EU is screwed". After months seeing other services, there is a big difference.

But at the same time EU has something so special. Alot of people in other games cant handle this world. Plain and simple, it can cost ALOT to play the way MOST people ENJOY playing a videogame.
This is what makes EU uniq in a way, its something about the design and the challenge, the business and the people, ohh yes the people, the community is definatly a big factor. EU stands out from the others even with its flaws, and thus is why it has been running longer then alot of other MMO's have.

I am straight with people and tell them the pros and cons and will not give people false hope. remember theres a difference between facts and just plain slander/lies. :) I have yet to run into another current entropia player in any MMO i have participated in. (that i know of ;) )

just my :twocents:

I recently played Wo(hush)craft for a month, in which I reached level 70, raided the hardest dungeon available at the time, etc. Throughout my time there, I was constantly asking people if they had heard of Entropia, and was suprised to hear that a couple had played in the beta phase. I told them my situation, and they immediately showed an interest.

So if you are tempted to delve into another world, even for a limited amount of time, it can't hurt to spread the word

I recently played Wo(hush)craft for a month, in which I reached level 70, raided the hardest dungeon available at the time, etc. Throughout my time there, I was constantly asking people if they had heard of Entropia, and was suprised to hear that a couple had played in the beta phase. I told them my situation, and they immediately showed an interest.

So if you are tempted to delve into another world, even for a limited amount of time, it can't hurt to spread the word

its just to easy... In scape Uhm rune it takes atleast a long time to get uber.

But yeah i spread the word IRL trying to get banks intrested in the licenses hehe
Andofc family and friends most think its intrigueing and call me a crazy peson :)

I just don`t heve time for any other games. I only have one loaded on my computer at any one time and for the past year and a half it`s been EU and I don`t see that changing. I do spread the word in rl but surprisingly don`t get much response from the people I thought I would. They like it too easy I think. The biggest gamer I know would not have the patience for EU not to mention the money. The others I don`t know what thier problem is. They sure waste enough time playing other games when they could at least be gaining a stake in EU. Skills are woth something even if you don`t hit a uber loot. I think the big thing for me is an rce. AT least it`s something of value instead of time wasted. Entertainment is important but there alot of ways to entertain oneself. I`ll just keep trying.

Smell like the :locked: due to rules #15
rule 15 said:
Discussion of computer games or MMORPGs other than EntropiaUniverse is NOT allowed. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted. Naming, making reference to, or linking to games or game websites other than EntropiaUniverse is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All references and links of this kind will be removed, including those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures.

I dont think we can speak about advertise in other game without making reference to such a game.
Rule have to be used all the way and in fair way.
Its not alowed to compare EU to other MMO , i dont think it can be aloed to say what you do in other mmo , even if it advert to eu.

Erm, I don't play any other Online Games myself. Although If I did, Id deffo be constantly comparing it to EU. Of course not If it were no where near lol.

I think getting people from other MMORPGs Is the best place to recruit new OJs. Unfortunately, this game Is only enjoyable one you deposit properly (I know you can sweat and shoot 300 ammo bla bla, I mean play the game properly...) and alot of people really would not like to part with $10 to a game they've never heard of. Theyd think we're crazy...

Well, I suppose we are. Hehe.

I totally agree, recruiting from other MMORPGs is a good idea. I amost gave up on EU because of the cost, when a realized :eureka:, if I took the monthly fee I was paying the other game and deposited into EU, it evened out.

Of course, now that I'm hooked, those deposits are just a "bit" more (not) than the monthly fees I use to pay to play elsewhere, but I'm addicted, and may need intervention.

Just something to give potential OJs something to think about :cheer:

I know: kind-of off topic!!!

Im totaly adicted, to EU. (and i like it!!!)
How many hours a day do you guys spend on EU??

And, how do you like my picture?

yeah i change my name to entropiauniverse.com every once in a while on CS servers and spam it a little bit on battlenet channels when i play dota with my mates =)

It`s fun that one can whine like h*ll about EU, but if you here outsiders do that, you defend EU. EU is still so unknown, so you almost feel like you are speciall that play EU, and all other games feel like something you can play when you are out of cash or having a bad streak of luck.

EU works in many strange ways:laugh:

The whole family plays and we are always referencing things in the game to RL. One that sticks out was someone was asked if they were going to keep a certain item, the other responded with "no, its tt food"...........couldn't stop laughing!

It`s fun that one can whine like h*ll about EU, but if you here outsiders do that, you defend EU. EU is still so unknown, so you almost feel like you are speciall that play EU, and all other games feel like something you can play when you are out of cash or having a bad streak of luck.

Ehm, not really. Since you are allowed on nearly every place other than here to speak about other games, people are not interersting in doing so after a while. EU is known as what it is, a nice gambling-game where you can easy make money with reselling.
But people in other games dont know more or less about EU than about any other game..., hm, maybe a bit less, since MA doesn't pay money for advertising.
EU isn't special or elite... people are only talking about that attributes with that russian EU-like game, because it's new and you can become an early uber.
Nearly all people I got into PE (not EU) have left, because they wanted to play games where you can use your brain/abilities, have more and more silly) action/bloodsplatter or make more money.
I stopped talkig about EU in other games... no reason to do so and anoy people ... like here no one wants to hear about other games.

Ag.

I speak about EU daily with RLfriends, but most ppl seems to be on PCP and don't give a shit :(
Think it's hard to convince friends to join, I've even tried with my GF, but nope, no reaction, maby she thinks it has a bad influence on me :scratch2:

I play some browser based mmorpg,s where I get in touch with loads of ppl, but none seems to know anything about EU.

Back