Day & Night

Would you like to see Day/Night cycles on Calypso

• Total voters
Thank you Treva for pointing out this obius fact to Sub-Zero :)

I know Cryengine gives the possibility to make day/night cycles which look just awsome however from the MA chat held on xfire one of the MA staff said something about making locations with a specific mood like "keeping an area dark like sweeden" which got me worried they will just do something silly like keep a constant sun position in various location of calypso... like it is now ...

Anyone has any comments on this ? maybe a official post which states there will be night and day ?

Maybe you Sub-Zero ?

Depends on what season it is. North in winter and we will have some very few
hours of sun, north in summer and we will have sun almost 24/7. ;)

Probably been posted before, but I voted No because, due to timezones, many people would only play in darkness, and vice versa.

This can easily be solved if the cycle length is chosen so that 24 is not divisible by it! :wise:
A cycle of for example 5 hours would make it shift over time giving variation to everyone! :yay:

Reactions: Ido
This can easily be solved if the cycle length is chosen so that 24 is not divisible by it! :wise:
A cycle of for example 5 hours would make it shift over time giving variation to everyone! :yay:

WONDERFUL IDEA :D never occured to me that if somone plays for 2h a day everyday at say 19-21 it might happen so he always plays dusk to dawn over ingmae night ... and i agree it would sort of be bad and this simple idea solves the problem :D

+REP alh

You should be able to turn night cycles on and off, though of course that would be a bit strange for one person to be in the dark and the other seeing clearly. Or maybe have night / day cycles in just certain areas, so if you want to always play in light, you can. Or maybe even have LA owners be able to choose if their LAs have cycles!

Just ignore me:yay:

Haven`t there been suggestions for 4h and 6h periods already?

Neither 4 hour, nor 6 hour cycles are good, since that would mean that the same Earth time always is the same position in the cycle, or "time of day" on EU, which could be boring for players that can only log in at ceirtain times.

5 hour cycles (or any other cycle length, that 24 is not divisible by) doesn't have that problem, giving varying time of day for all! (although, harder to keep track of what time of day it will be when you log in)

so for example take day night cycle of 3h and 50 min

every 24 earth hours time on calypso would shift by 60 min ... so if you log in every day at the same time you would expirience something like

day1: noon
day2: dusk
day3: midnight
day4: dawn
day5: noon

dosent really have to vary that much from original planetary specs ...

and still provide variety :yay:

Back