Intelligence*20   6%
Pysche*20         4%
Dexterity         2%
Psychotropy       54%
Concentration     15%
Power Catalyst    6%
Intuition         2%

Resolved: 89%

The remaining weights are made up from unlocked skills. If you have any of the unlocks and would like to contribute please let me know in the chipping thread. Your relevant skills and profession level is all I'll need.

Admittedly, it is quite possible that no-one in-game has yet unlocked these unlocks....

Last edited:
Tool Engineer

Code:
Intelligence*20   2%
Tools Technology  11%
Blueprint Comp'   9%
Machinery         6%
Manufacture Tools 32%
Engineering       29%
Industrialist     6%
Man' Methodology  5%

Fully Resolved but requiring some confirmation.

If you have any of Manufacturing Methodology and Industrialist and would like to contribute please let me know via PM or in the chipping thread. All I'll require is your profession level and your relevant skill levels.

Last edited:
Two-Handed Clubber (Dmg)

Code:
Strength*20       7%
Inflict Melee Dmg 5%
Kill Strike       10%
Melee Combat      5%
MDA               14%
Clubs             25%
Wounding          10%
Serendipity       4%
Anatomy           20%

Fully resolved and confirmed.

Last edited:
Two-Handed Clubber (Hit)

Code:
Agility*20        2%
Strength*20       4%
Combat Reflexes   5%
Combat Sense      4%
Commando          3%
Heavy Melee Weps  7%
Clubs             39%
Martial Arts      6%
Melee Combat      9%
Bravado           7%
Coolness          5%
Courage           4%
Dexterity         2%
Perception        2%
Serendipity       1%

Fully resolved and confirmed.

Last edited:
Whipper (Dmg)

Code:
Agility*20        7%
Inflict Melee Dmg 5%
Kill Strike       10%
Melee Combat      5%
MDA               14%
Whip              25%
Wounding          10%
Serendipity       4%
Anatomy           20%

Fully Resolved and confirmed.

Last edited:
Whipper (Hit)

Code:
Agility*20        2%
Strength*20       3%
Combat Reflexes   3%
Combat Sense      4%
Light Melee Weps  7%
Whip              44%
Martial Arts      5%
Melee Combat      10%
Weapons Handling  8%
Bravado           6%
Courage           3%
Dexterity         2%
Perception        2%
Serendipity       1%

Fully resolved. No contribution from Coolness oddly. Also no space for Commando apparently, could do with confirming that with some figures from someone who has Commando.

Last edited:
Health

Although Health isn't a profession, it has some similarities with one. I list here, the skills that contribute towards your Health and amount they contribute. The values aren't absolutely certain but give good results in general. There may be other skills that contribute, particularly unlocks. Discussion and research is ongoing in this thread and some great research was also done here.

Note that Health progresses continuously as you gain skills. If your Health is 100, you could actually have anywhere between 100.00 and 100.99 health.

The table below lists how much health each skill and attribute contributes for every 1600 levels. The base health of 88 must be added to the result.

Code:
Commando          8
Stamina*20        7.4
Courage           5
Strength*20       4
Coolness          4
Athletics         3
Melee Combat      3
Dexterity         2
Combat Sense      2
Agility*20        2
Intelligence*20   1
Psyche*20         1
Perception        1
Combat Reflexes   1
Serendipity       1
Handgun           1
Rifle             1
Weapons Handling  1
Drilling          1
Prospecting       1
Mining            1
Surveying         1

Last edited:
Remaining Issues

Main gaps are now:

(i) various unlockable skills for which we are lacking data
(ii) the percentages for Tailor, Colorer, Carpentry and the Beauty professions are not certain yet due to limited data.

Skills for which we require data:

Carpentry
Coloring Methodology
Doctor
Drilling Expertise
Equipment Methodology (5% for equipment crafting profs?)
Fashion Design (various estimates made in thread)
Glamour
Industrialist (4-6% for crafting profs?)
Intuition
Make Clothes (40%ish to Tailor)
Manufacturing Methodology (5% for non-equipment crafting profs?)
Mindforce Harmony
Force Merge
Miner
Quality Sense
Scientist
Tailoring (7%ish to Tailor )
Wood Carving
Wood Processing

Last edited:
Relevant Links

Google spreadsheet summarising the results of this thread here.

Jdegre's excellent chipping optimiser is documented here. It uses the percentages listed in this thread, studies on how much ESI is required for a certain amount of skill, and market prices to calculate the quickest chipping route to your chosen profession level.

D'Angelo's prostanding thread. The original work began here.

The chipping thread. Documents the contributions of skills on professions as calculated via chipping.

NRF. Very useful utility that can get your skill and professions level for you in-game. Acts as a screen grabber and then can read the screenshots to extract the data for you.

Vedder's health thread. Researching which skills contribute to HP.

MG Mighty's health thread. As above.

Gingko's Carpentry thread.

Gingko's attributes thread. Discussion of the contribution of attributes to professions.

Doer's Evader thread. Discussion and research into the impact of the your Evader prostanding.

Actam's ESI thread. Research into how much skill is required to fill a given tt ESI, and into creating a tool to calculate the best chipping route to a given milestone.

The Ranged hunting results thread. Calculations and verification of the percentages listed in this thread for the ranged hunting professions.

jdegre's Evader thread. Calculating the contributions of skills on the Evader profession.

steffel's attributes thread. Research into the effect of attributes on HP.

Witte's min damage thread. Calculating the contributions of skills on the Ranged (Dmg) professions and how that affects min damage.

pe-wiki skill section. Detailed facts and figures regarding skills, professions and unlocks.

Last edited:
Acknowledgements

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to all of this. Its been a great community project and is a credit to this forum and the people who post on it.

I'd like to thank the following people for their contributions, in no particular order:

ano
BlackHawk
Bogger
Dale
DoctorH
Doer
Erinome
EyeContact
Gingko
Heap
Trabin
Witte
MG Mighty
Vedder
Kombinator
Squee
Actam
jdegre
steffel
demoniac
Dekel
coop
Stryker
Stormer
Razorfire
Ido
Etopia
Avery
vi-kara
Baldurn
F1r3
D'Angelo
pingouin
Kyl
demonikos
Sorg
Chilly
NFG
wizzszz
Midnight
valion
Rizzet
rhogenbe
Belphegor
Ime
Blake Seven
kaya
binary
711, Mindbuster and the rest of the EF staff
MA
anyone I've forgotten
the EDIT button
anyone who's taken an interest

Anyway, enough from me...thread is now open for discussion, pointing out of errors, etc :)

Last edited:
do i have an bad day, or do is miss Ranged laser (HIT) (and found it, see edit :D)

thnx anyway for the very helpfull thread :D

Last edited:
This thread is amazing, I was sitting here, new to the game, having no idea how my skills work - and lo and behold, here is a complete explanation of at least one aspect of the experience system. :D Thanks! +rep

Wow i must say i forgot to check this thread in a while, i'm impressed by all the work you did Jimmy :eek:

I vote for you for the hof of month/trimestre/semestre(whatever you choose) for your awesome contribution to EU's community :yay:

Thanks guys :)

I can't take all the credit though, lots of people were involved, I just reported the results :D

Anyway, some more data received over the last few days for some of the missing numbers so watch this space for updates!

Right, I've received some Beauty and Tailoring data as I mentioned above.

I've updated Colorer and Tailor with my best guesses. I have a certain amount of confidence in the numbers but still need more data to be sure.

I've not updated the beauty ones yet as I believe another data set is on the way and that'll enable me to make a much more informed judgement...

perfect prediction

As a small contribution to this amazing research by Jimmy and the community, I'd like to share my data of how precise the prediction of the formula for laser sniper (hit) is.

I took the screenshots of my skills by NRF exactly after getting to the level 35 of LS (hit). Therefore, prof. standing in LS (hit) is exactly 35.00. Of course, all skills are evaluated with some error from the screenshots.

Profstanding is 3500 and the formula predicts 3499.1. This is less than 0.03% error. It means NRF tool is also very precise in estimating the skills. The moment of getting to a new level in a profession can be used to calculate the effect of skills or attributes that are difficult to measure directly with high precision.

Thanks again to everybody who contributed to this thread.

Thanks Kolobok :)

If correct, the formulae should be correct to within 0.8 profstanding, or 0.008 prof level (since this is the amount of one pixel on the professions screen). If using NRF data it should be correct to within 1.3 profstanding or 0.013 pro-level (because NRF rounds-up the third decimal place in the pro-level).

Updated with percentages for Beauty professions. There's still some doubt over them so more data would be useful. But I think its right. One data set I have suggests that possibly Quality Sense plays a small role in the beauty professions but I can't say for certain.

Mentor is also confirmed as being made up of just 100% Mentor.

Just a quick update with some developments from the ESI thread:

Doer's calculator provides a useful way of estimating the amount of skills that fill up certain amounts of ESI and is documented here (post 2):

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58525&page=9

Jdegre has also created a neat program that calculates the optimal chipping route to a certain goal, based on your current skills and market price of chips, etc, documented here (last post on page):

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58525&page=11

Pe-wiki updated with all the numbers (just guessed ~numbers left blank)

hi jimmy,
just noticed that you have set combat reflexes at 8% in evader, while it is actually 11%, as confirmed by both the chipping thread, and my own evader thread.

cheers,
/jdegre.

When you experimented with the crafting skills did you also check the effect on SR the diffrent skills had? Now im proboly really outdated tho back in the days engineering and technology(mechanics etc. included) was said to increase the TT meanwhile manufacture and blueprint comprehension effected the SR.

But with theese skills check you could make up a picture of how it actually is.
So my question is simply how big effect did the diffrent skills have on SR?

You guys did a great job with theese Jimmy B!

hi jimmy,
just noticed that you have set combat reflexes at 8% in evader, while it is actually 11%, as confirmed by both the chipping thread, and my own evader thread.

cheers,
/jdegre.

Thanks jdegre, now corrected. Copy & Paste error I suspect ;)

When you experimented with the crafting skills did you also check the effect on SR the diffrent skills had? Now im proboly really outdated tho back in the days engineering and technology(mechanics etc. included) was said to increase the TT meanwhile manufacture and blueprint comprehension effected the SR.

But with theese skills check you could make up a picture of how it actually is.
So my question is simply how big effect did the diffrent skills have on SR?

You guys did a great job with theese Jimmy B!

Thanks Malvakten.

The scope of this thread doesn't really include what the effect of gaining profession levels is, or non-profession related impacts of skill gain. There's probably other threads where SR/TT are discussed in detail, and I'm not a crafter so I know little about it, but if you wanted a guess I would say its most likely that the SR (and TT return) for a blueprint is related to your overall profession level rather than individual skills. But that's in no way an informed opinion...

Update

Received some new data today for the crafting professions.

As a result I've made estimates for the impact on crafting professions for Industrialist, Manufacturing Methodology and Equipment Methodology.

I can't be absolutely sure they're perfect but they look pretty good with the numbers to me. As they fill out the professions to 100%, it looks to me like their are no higher level unlocks around.

Thanks Midnight, I'll take a look at those shortly :)

quickness & intuition

hi jimmy,

i've received some new data (from stormer) regarding evader. setting quickness to 9% nails down to the last decimal place his evader level.

if this is finally confirmed, intuition would account for the remainder 3%.

seems a little bit unbalanced, if you ask me, so it would be nice to have it confirmed from someone with intuition unlocked (neomaven, star...).

/jdegre.

Thanks jdegre (and Stormer) :)

I've updated Evader - would be great if anyone else with Quickness or Intuition could PM myself or jedgre with their relevant skills so we can confirm it. (The required skills are listed under Evader on Page 2)

Also it'd be nice to do the same for Dodger ;)

I've heard that Intuition also contributes to MF professions, and unlocks that contribute to a number of professions often contribute less so maybe its not so surprising. There are some high level unlocks that contribute a relative small amount (e.g. Commando @ 3%, although obviously a big contribution to HP too).

Thanks jdegre (and Stormer) :)

I've updated Evader - would be great if anyone else with Quickness or Intuition could PM myself or jedgre with their relevant skills so we can confirm it. (The required skills are listed under Evader on Page 2)

Also it'd be nice to do the same for Dodger ;)

I got in touch with stormer again to find out the influence in dodger, and quickness is at 9%, as in evader.
Since there was a 14% of unsolved skills in dodger, I guess we can set intuition at 5%.
Again, further confirmations would be nice, but meanwhile, I think that we could assume those values as correct.

Thanks again :)

Dodger updated.

Back