whipper...

Done.

Added the following professions:
- Whipper (hit)
- Whipper (dmg)
- Pet Handler
- Animal Tamer
- Tailor

That was quick response...thanks a lot chief!

I just went to the site, and I don't see those professions showing up yet, but perhaps it takes time for the tool to update?

It says: Last Updated: 10-06-2007, which is 5 days ago.

Could you take a look, seems that the main version linked from this thread is still missing those 5 professions...

Last edited:
That was quick response...thanks a lot chief!

I just went to the site, and I don't see those professions showing up yet, but perhaps it takes time for the tool to update?

It says: Last Updated: 10-06-2007, which is 5 days ago.

Could you take a look, seems that the main version linked from this thread is still missing those 5 professions...

try forcing a reload in your browser (F5), the new professions should be there.

Hi,

First off +rep for an amazing tool!

I was just wondering if there are any plans to allow you to combine a profession with health?

When I want to chip I look at two things - the profession I am looking to improve and how this impacts on my health. For example, currently the best way to chip my evade proffession is to chip Evade itself. But this gives me no additional health - whereas Athletics would (but would be more costly to improve my evader profession).

So what would be really cool would be to be able to say for example - I want to chip my evade profession from level 20 to 25 and at the same time add 5 extra health.

I am guessing this is really complex, and not feasible.

Anyway many thanks for making this tool jdegre :)

Hi,

First off +rep for an amazing tool!

I was just wondering if there are any plans to allow you to combine a profession with health?

When I want to chip I look at two things - the profession I am looking to improve and how this impacts on my health. For example, currently the best way to chip my evade proffession is to chip Evade itself. But this gives me no additional health - whereas Athletics would (but would be more costly to improve my evader profession).

So what would be really cool would be to be able to say for example - I want to chip my evade profession from level 20 to 25 and at the same time add 5 extra health.

I am guessing this is really complex, and not feasible.

Anyway many thanks for making this tool jdegre :)

Thanks Qweeg,
Yes, your suggestion is now in the to-do list. It was suggested in this thread before, as a "multiple-target optimization", and I think it would be a great addition to the tool.
So, the idea is to offer several targets, and a goal for each of them, and let the tool determine the best way to achieve all of them.
It would work with all target cathegories, not only professions. So you could do a query such as: "tell me the best way to chip to get combat sense, wounding, avoidance and 150 HPs". This is not a made-up example, it is actually my short term goal, so I want to know too! :)

The algorithm is not complicated and I have already thought on how to do it. Now the hardest part is to implement a user-friendly interface... i'm working on it.

Cheers,
/jdegre.

Thanks Qweeg,
Yes, your suggestion is now in the to-do list. It was suggested in this thread before, as a "multiple-target optimization", and I think it would be a great addition to the tool.
So, the idea is to offer several targets, and a goal for each of them, and let the tool determine the best way to achieve all of them.
It would work with all target cathegories, not only professions. So you could do a query such as: "tell me the best way to chip to get combat sense, wounding, avoidance and 150 HPs". This is not a made-up example, it is actually my short term goal, so I want to know too! :)

The algorithm is not complicated and I have already thought on how to do it. Now the hardest part is to implement a user-friendly interface... i'm working on it.

Cheers,
/jdegre.

Wow!
(message too short)

Great tool !!! ty dude!! good job! :yay:

Great tool.
I have one comment and some sugestions.
HP calculator has 1 HP error in my case, but as it is, is great. If any of you think it would help, I can give you screens with my skills so the function can be better interpolated.
A section with curent skills value, would be much apreciated.
The text boxes we have to fill I suppose are in a table or in a list - depends on whant CSS or html u use. U could change the background of succesive rows for better reading, beacause you have to be extra carefull not to fill a diferent skill box.
I can't upload the skills on PE-wiki, but a way of saving the skills and adress them from my PC with cookies or something would be verry nice. Ofcourse, if is to much trouble, you don't have to implement all that. Is great as it is.:)
The posibility calculating the efect of chipping a particular skill would be nice. Now we have to use a hac to do it... It works only if you empty all other skill boxes, take the final value of TT chip you whant to chip, copy that and then fill all the other boxes with corect values... Lot of work :)

Great tool.
HP calculator has 1 HP error in my case, but as it is, is great. If any of you think it would help, I can give you screens with my skills so the function can be better interpolated.
The text boxes we have to fill I suppose are in a table or in a list - depends on whant CSS or html u use. U could change the background of succesive rows for better reading, beacause you have to be extra carefull not to fill a diferent skill box.
I can't upload the skills on PE-wiki, but a way of saving the skills and adress them from my PC with cookies or something would be verry nice. Ofcourse, if is to much trouble, you don't have to implement all that. Is great as it is.:)
The posibility calculating the efect of chipping a particular skill would be nice. Now we have to use a hac to do it... It works only if you empty all other skill boxes, take the final value of TT chip you whant to chip, copy that and then fill all the other boxes with corect values... Lot of work :)

yes, i noticed it too, there is 1 hp difference (check just after i got hp up, and after filling in all the skills it said 1 below what i had...maybe the tool can show a decimal value to the hp to allow spotting the error margin, and how far i am away from another hp?

Great tool.

Thanks for all the suggestions, blackhawk. All of them are noted in the to-do list (which is growing, and growing... :eek:)...

Just one comment regarding the storage of avatar skills; I don't know if it is really useful to upload the skills from a local archive in the user's computer, because, the real problem is that the tools that people are using to parse the skills screenshots seem to be not working atm due to the change in the fonts used ingame. So you must manually update the local file yourself, after all.

What I am doing right now (for my own skills) is to keep them stored (and updated) in the tool's database. I don't know if this could be a desirable feature for other people; this way, the skills can be stored and updated directly in the tool's database instead of retrieving them from pe-wiki. Of course the possibility to import them from pe-wiki would be still there. I think this behavior is pretty similar to what entropiatools is doing.

Obviously, people could type them manually in wiki as well, and then import them from the tool, but I know for a fact that some people has expressed their concern to make their skills publicly available in pe-wiki. So, this options would allow them to keep their skills anonymously stored in the tool.

In any case, if anybody feels that this could be a nice-to-have feature, just let me know. Otherwise, I'll leave it as it is with the current two options:
- typing manually the skills
- importing from pe-wiki
and I'll focus on other features.

/jdegre.

yes, i noticed it too, there is 1 hp difference (check just after i got hp up, and after filling in all the skills it said 1 below what i had...maybe the tool can show a decimal value to the hp to allow spotting the error margin, and how far i am away from another hp?

I'm aware of that deviation in HP. Part of it is caused because the %'s of each skill/attribute contribution is not known with 100% accuracy. I cannot help much in that, except contribute as everybody else to the thread where people are discussing it.

Another factor is the decimals and rounding issues. Decimals are not supported in the tool, because I never considered as an important issue; with skill values, those decimals do not account for much, but with attributes the error is much higher.

Also, HPs are rounded as "floor" not as "round", so if the tool gives 139.99 when you actually have 140.01, you will see 139 in the tool.
However, all internal calcs are done with decimals, obviously; so if the tool gives 139.99 as your HP (internally), it will show 139, but it will calculate correctly the chipping up to 141 as 1 HP, not 2.

I'll consider the possibility to show HP's with 1-2 decimals, although I would not like to confuse people and make them think that you can enter decimals too in your skills/attribute values.

/jdegre.

You could have the HP in levels just like skills,, and mulltiplied by 100.
So 16529 hp would actualy mean 165.29 HP. It may confuse people to begin with, but I'm sure they will figure out...
The option with storing the skills in your database and eventualy a login option, would be great, but Iimagine is it time and web space consuming, and this is the reason I did not sugested that one. Actualy it was the first thing in my mind.

You could have the HP in levels just like skills,, and mulltiplied by 100.
So 16529 hp would actualy mean 165.29 HP. It may confuse people to begin with, but I'm sure they will figure out...
The option with storing the skills in your database and eventualy a login option, would be great, but Iimagine is it time and web space consuming, and this is the reason I did not sugested that one. Actualy it was the first thing in my mind.

Most probably I'll end up displaying the HP with two decimal places; I agree it is really useful to see how close you are to the next HP. However, I'll keep the restriction to enter only integer values in the target and skills input boxes.

Regarding the storage of skills, the space consumed is peanuts; the only concern I had was to waste effors developing something that is not really needed, because there are other features that I think are much more desirable in the short term, and I almost cannot find the time for those.

But I'll hear (and welcome) all suggestions, of course.

/jdegre.

Work around has been found for NRF. We're able to catch skills again setting the entropia.exe file to win 2k compatability mode. :yay: Just thought I would let you know seeing as how I would like to have a little privacy with my skills at this point too. Don't really wanna update wiki for public view anymore either. :ahh:

I use this everyday..great program

I have introduced the possibility to add custom prices for the skill implants.

The new prices are set by selecting a "tab" called "Chip Prices", and there you can set your own markups, based on in-game prices, or whatever criteria. If you are not interested in setting your own prices, the tool can be used as always.

Once you have defined you own prices, don't forget recalculating the target that you were working on. The implant prices will be displayed as gray if they have their default peauction.com price, or bold blue if they are overriden by a custom price.

I have added this new feature as soon as possible, because many people has been really asking for it (in PM), because it is close to impossible to find implant prices at peauction.com's prices, and therefore the recommendations were not as useful as they could be, if more realistic prices were considered.

Even more important, when those new prices are set, the recommended skill set for chipping can be totally different (not only the amount to chip for each skill, but also the subset of skills to be chipped).

I have also added minor cosmetic changes, such as the alternate row colors to improve the readability of the tables.

Oh, and HPs are now shown with 1-2 decimal places.

Enjoy,
/jdegre.

Last edited:
great tool

+rep

Lol chipping in everyday?

Its a tool with a variety of uses, chipping priorities is only one. Looking at what levels are needed to reach level X, seeing how much you save by doing it yourself, or perhaps setting you straight in sticking with only 1 profession if the goal is to reach skill unlock Y :)

Jdegre - The animal and human investigators seem to be right on, although the mutant is a touch off. Also, Id like to share levels once I gain more experience in Xenobiology so its effectiveness % modifer can be determined. Whats a good level to examine Xeno?

Bump for an awesome tool!

Stryker, any ideas which professions Xenobiology affects? I have it as well, but did not push it that high, which pro-standings apart from Animal Investigator does it raise?

Also, if anyone has Robotology (I am working on getting mine) any thoughts on what that raises?

Would be interesting to know what those two largely unknown skills raise and if they currently impact anything else at all...

Its a tool with a variety of uses, chipping priorities is only one. Looking at what levels are needed to reach level X, seeing how much you save by doing it yourself, or perhaps setting you straight in sticking with only 1 profession if the goal is to reach skill unlock Y :)

Jdegre - The animal and human investigators seem to be right on, although the mutant is a touch off. Also, Id like to share levels once I gain more experience in Xenobiology so its effectiveness % modifer can be determined. Whats a good level to examine Xeno?

You can PM me your levels at any time, and I'll try to fit the %'s. Just be sure that the pro standing level is read with as much accuracy as possible (counting the pixels in the progress bar, which is 124-pixels wide).

thank you stryker...I do not chip everyday...haha...would cost a fortune, and im not that rich...haha...this site i use as a reference for many skills to see what would be needed to achieve certain levels, and see what I want my avatar to become in the near future..

Stryker, any ideas which professions Xenobiology affects? I have it as well, but did not push it that high, which pro-standings apart from Animal Investigator does it raise?

Also, if anyone has Robotology (I am working on getting mine) any thoughts on what that raises?

Would be interesting to know what those two largely unknown skills raise and if they currently impact anything else at all...

I'd guess Robotology is contributing to Robot Investigator alone but I may be wrong.

Xenobiology I would guess definitely Animal Investigator, and possibly Mutant, Human as well.

The easiest way to tell what professions it affects is to do the profession and see if you gain the skill. ie. if you gain Xenobiology whilst scanning a thorofoid then Xenobiology contributes to Mutant Investigator...

And yes, feel free to pass on your data to jedgre or me or post it somewhere. Even if you've only got a couple of 100 levels of Xeno we can probably work it out...

Great tool, very accurate on hunting/crafting skills i've entered but I just entered my prospecting skills and it gave me a level of 3162 but my level is around 3215, here's my skills

int: 58
Perception: 3514
Seren: 4752
CGA: 2081
Geo: 3373
Prospecting: 3963

Same problem with surveying, shows me at 3056 but i'm around 3108

Skills as above
Surveying: 3777

Hope this helps.

Great tool, very accurate on hunting/crafting skills i've entered but I just entered my prospecting skills and it gave me a level of 3162 but my level is around 3215, here's my skills

int: 58
Perception: 3514
Seren: 4752
CGA: 2081
Geo: 3373
Prospecting: 3963

Same problem with surveying, shows me at 3056 but i'm around 3108

Skills as above
Surveying: 3777

Hope this helps.

thx for reporting slither. this is very useful info and i'd hope more ppl reported his findings of inaccuracies to help making the tool more useful.

i'll try to find a better fit for the %'s (and i'm sure jimmyB will do the same, hehe...)

BTW: mineral sense is not included in the %'s for prospector because its influence is unknown. so, this might be the reason. slither, if you have unlocked mineral sense (i guess you have), pls tell us your level (here or by PM).

Last edited:
HP may need a slight adjustment. Using the tool I'm listed as having 124.04 HP but it hasnt gone from 123 yet. At least I know it could happen any moment :yay: will post current values when I get home and what they are when I actually get the 124th :)

BTW: mineral sense is not included in the %'s for prospector because its influence is unknown. so, this might be the reason. slither, if you have unlocked mineral sense (i guess you have), pls tell us your level (here or by PM).

ofc, how dumb am I :laugh:

Mineral Sense: 839

ofc, how dumb am I :laugh:

Mineral Sense: 839

ok. this gives a 6% influence of mineral sense both in prospector and surveyor.

(it is actually a little bit above that, but 7% seems to be a worse fit, so it might be caused by the contribution of the decimal parts in the attributes and skills, which are discarded in the tool).

i'll set it at 6% but more data from ppl with mineral sense unlocked would be great.

@ razorfire: yes I'm aware that HP's calculations are not 100% spot on, but your data seems to be within the error magin we are working with. you must be very very close to get your 124 HP.

I dont think it affects any other professions at the present time, as the only gains I recieved were from scanning mutants and animals.

Heres some screens of my scanning skills/standings so that Xeno's % can be determined (Its incredibly slow so I am guessing 3-4%)

Other skills that affect the standings:
Intelligence - 62.15ish
Anatomy - 12,569.1ish
Perception - 6,067.75ish

Last edited:
Back