Chipping Optimizer Tool

Thanks stryker.

Xeno is at 4% for animal investigator, as you guessed.

However, I have a problem with mutant investigator. If we use the old setting of 50% for scan mutant, it puts xeno at 4% too. But, from an old data set from you, I saw that 49% seemed to fit better, and this would put xeno at 10% here.

Clearly, the first option looks better, with xeno at 4% in both. I'll set the tool at this value, but I'll recommed to keep an eye on this profession as you progress, and in case of deviation, we can re-check later on, when your skills are different enough from now.

/jdegre.

Btw is so much easier coding using jQuery (jquery.com)!

Btw is so much easier coding using jQuery (jquery.com)!

are you kidding? real men don't use frameworks!! :laugh:

thx for the tip, i'll have a look at it ;)

I like your tool a lot, but there is one thing I miss. I guess it wont be hard to implement either. Lets say I want to chip to get some more HP, but I dont want to chip some skills, like mining. When I have low mining skills the tool will tell me to chip those as they cheaper for me, but I'd prefer not to chip those as they dont give me any bonus in hunting (be it HA, damage, evader lvl). So could you make a feature that lets ppl disable a particular skill, so the tool doesnt suggest to chip this skill? That would help a lot ;)

Yep this tool is superb jdegre!!! Thanks for your hard work putting it together so well.

I like the suggestion from Nebu, that would be a nice feature to have.

Also, we have the "total skills" section that lists your complete stats and the tool imports current peauction prices so would it be possible to display your avatars total skill value?

Tekkie.

I like your tool a lot, but there is one thing I miss. I guess it wont be hard to implement either. Lets say I want to chip to get some more HP, but I dont want to chip some skills, like mining. When I have low mining skills the tool will tell me to chip those as they cheaper for me, but I'd prefer not to chip those as they dont give me any bonus in hunting (be it HA, damage, evader lvl). So could you make a feature that lets ppl disable a particular skill, so the tool doesnt suggest to chip this skill? That would help a lot ;)

Ok. Noted. Yes it is pretty straightforward to implement, I'll try to put this feature in the next version.

In the meantime, there is a workaround you can use. Define custom prices for those chips and set them to "99999%" or something like that. This way, the tool would never recommend chipping those skills. Yes, I know it is not "the solution", but it is a workaround :)

@Tekkie: I had in mind to implement your suggestion as a more general feature: Partial chip-out (per profession). I mean, guess that I want to make some cash by chipping out Laser Rifle (Hit) but not going under level 50, because I don't want to re-lock combat sense. So, how much cash do I have in my avatar in excess of level 50 in Laser Rifle?. Note that here you can also apply an optimization algorithm; you will find out the best option to maximize the cash you will get by chipping out to that level.

In this case, your feature would be a particular case of that; it would be done by selecting the category "Total Skills" and setting a chip-out target to level 0.

@Tekkie: I had in mind to implement your suggestion as a more general feature: Partial chip-out (per profession). I mean, guess that I want to make some cash by chipping out Laser Rifle (Hit) but not going under level 50, because I don't want to re-lock combat sense. So, how much cash do I have in my avatar in excess of level 50 in Laser Rifle?. Note that here you can also apply an optimization algorithm; you will find out the best option to maximize the cash you will get by chipping out to that level.

Now that would be very cool :)

I believe it was BlackHawk who has previously suggested a database on avatars skills so the progress can be monitored over time, say skill count at beginning of each new week and so on. Also if this could be exported as an excel file it would give me lots to mess around with and compare...for example I could input on the excel sheet ammo spent, gun mostly used, mob hunted and compare all this to skill gains during fixed periods.

Im guessing that would be a tad complicated to impliment though :scratch2:

this is a realy nice tool. A fun feature that not realy got anything to do with chip optimizing but would be nice to have: How much it would cost to get my skills. So i know how much my hard time skilling is worth if its worth it.

i wander if someone can tell me in wich way the mining skills have influence about your finds . seams any noob can find big depozits . am level 29 prospector and near to unlock mineral sense but i dont see any change .

live fast die young , leave a beautiful corpse behind !!

Congratulations JDEGRE. Good work. :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Nice work guys!

So we have:

6% Mineral Sense to Prospector and Surveyor
4% Xeno to Animal and Mutant (no Human?)
Scan Mutant back to 50%

Correct?

If so I'll update the sticky...

Great work jdegre :) opened a new world for me.

Trying to get the lvl necessary to use a gun efficiently, 95% Inflict Ranged Laser Damage and couldn't get to 100%.

Used this tool and found all that was required was 2.92 PED worth of LWT, and .43 PED of MMS, not more IRD :D

BTW, your Photography is awesome. From the Byzantine mosaics and markets of Jordan, to the tranquil seas of Menorca, just fantastic :yay:

+ rep

Great work jdegre :) opened a new world for me.

Trying to get the lvl necessary to use a gun efficiently, 95% Inflict Ranged Laser Damage and couldn't get to 100%.

Used this tool and found all that was required was 2.92 PED worth of LWT, and .43 PED of MMS, not more IRD :D

BTW, your Photography is awesome. From the Byzantine mosaics and markets of Jordan, to the tranquil seas of Menorca, just fantastic :yay:

+ rep

Well Im sure you know now, but Its not Inflict Ranged Laser Damage needed. It actually says "Ranged Laser (dmg)" in the stats. Which Is a profession. IRD Is completely different and Is just a skill on Its own.

Thanks mulga. Glad to see the tool was useful for you.
And your comment about my pictures really made my day; travelling and photography are my favorite hobbies :)

@jimmyB: yes, these %'s are our current best bet, considering the few data sets used to test them. sorry about the mess with scan mutant, but the first data set I got was kind of misleading because the pro-standing were registered by "visual guessing", instead of pixel-counting, and they were very inaccurate.

@jimmyB: yes, these %'s are our current best bet, considering the few data sets used to test them. sorry about the mess with scan mutant, but the first data set I got was kind of misleading because the pro-standing were registered by "visual guessing", instead of pixel-counting, and they were very inaccurate.

Thanks mate. No worries with the mutant, my 50% was a guess in the first place chosen solely because it was a 'nice' number :D

We can only do as well as the data allows us too ;)

I shall update the sticky now. We're gonna have to start on the grenade professions soon!

Suggestion

Love the optimizer. I do have a suggestion. How about another place we can import skills from instead of just pe.wiki.? I used a manual skill calculator on entropiatools.com and would of loved to have been able to import it over to the calculator, but had to enter in everything manually.
Also, would be nice if there was a save skills button on the calculator, if you cant do a different import setup. Just trying to find someway to not have to manually reinsert everything each time. Thanks for a great tool!:yay:

I have updated the tool with a couple of new features:

- There is a check-box associated to each skill where you can decide if you want the skill to be included in the chipping process (it is checked by default), or not. Use this feature if you are sure that you don't want to chip certain skills because they belong to a certain professional activity where you are not interested (such as the example suggested by Nebu: you want to increase Health, but you are not interested in chipping mining-related skills).

Be aware that doing this, the recommended chipping will not be optimal (i.e. cheapest), but maybe it is more beneficial for you for the cross-profession influence of some skills.

- After the skills recommended by the tool are displayed, now you will get a list of every other profession affected by those skills (with the old and new professional standing levels). So, for instance, if you want to chip up to level 25 in evader to unlock avoidance, you will see immediately the effect that chipping all the recommended skills will have in dodger (if any).

Note that if the recommended chipping includes certain general skills (such as serendipity) which affects a huge number of professions, the list can be pretty long...

Cheers,
/jdegre.

Last edited:
I don't give out enough rep to other people. :(

Well Im sure you know now, but Its not Inflict Ranged Laser Damage needed. It actually says "Ranged Laser (dmg)" in the stats. Which Is a profession. IRD Is completely different and Is just a skill on Its own.

Sorry, need to stop posting late at night.

Yes mate, it was RLD not IRLD or IRD. Too many similar acronyms. :D

Robotology 101

Time to get back to work! :D

Other Relevant Skills:
Intel - 62.7ish
Perception - 6085

Might just be me but it seemed like Robotology was a tad faster than xeno. Time to solve the mystery!

Thanks stryker,
So, we have robotology contributing 8% to robot investigator (I've updated the tool with it).

Now the question is: we have xenobiology affecting animal and mutant investigator, and we have robotology affecting robot investigator; then, what's the unlockable for humanoid investigator? only scientist with the remaining 7%?

Also, is scientist the only missing unlockable for those profs.? In that case, its weight should be pretty straightforward:
- 5% for animal inv.
- 4% for robot inv.
- 7% for humanoid inv.
- 3% for mutant inv.

Doesn't sound too unlikely, does it?.

Great progres and functionality. Login and save skill would be verry apreciated :ahh:

Thanks stryker,
So, we have robotology contributing 8% to robot investigator (I've updated the tool with it).

Now the question is: we have xenobiology affecting animal and mutant investigator, and we have robotology affecting robot investigator; then, what's the unlockable for humanoid investigator? only scientist with the remaining 7%?

Also, is scientist the only missing unlockable for those profs.? In that case, its weight should be pretty straightforward:
- 5% for animal inv.
- 4% for robot inv.
- 7% for humanoid inv.
- 3% for mutant inv.

Doesn't sound too unlikely, does it?.

Good work Stryker & Jdegre!

And the projected Scientist percentages certainly seem plausible...

Great work getting it straight and implemented into the tool so quickly :)

Yes I dont believe there are any unlockables for humanoids before scientist, I assume due to the ease of skilling that profession, especially in the old days when people would scan auctioneers 24/7.

Scientist is almost unfairly hard to get these days for people starting out with scanning, but I have been told before that I would never be able to do such and such, and refused to let that get in the way of my goals, so its just a matter of time (and a lot of "wasted" ped on scanning humans) :laugh:

On a side note, I was looking through the optimizers professions and failed to see Psychotropia (Hit). Is data needed in that profession, or has it simply been left out of the tool?

On a side note, I was looking through the optimizers professions and failed to see Psychotropia (Hit). Is data needed in that profession, or has it simply been left out of the tool?

Psychotropian (Hit) is solved up to Power Catalyst. There's 15% remaining, possibly from Mindforce Harmony, Intuition, & anything else we don't know about yet.

@ razorfire: yes I'm aware that HP's calculations are not 100% spot on, but your data seems to be within the error magin we are working with. you must be very very close to get your 124 HP.

I thought I would give some input and assist if possible.

I gained a HP today and instantly took screenshots of all my skills then fed them into your tool. I gained a point from 168 to 169 and at that time your tool returned a value of 169.03 :wtg:

Pretty darn close!!! I think you guys have it pretty much nailed but if you want the skill stats ill pass them onto you.

Great tool!

Hi,
I have updated the tool with some new features:

- Chip-out option. Now you can calculate the optimal way to chip out from your current pro-stading level down to a lower level. It works like this:

If you enter a target level (for instance, to avoid chipping out below a certain level where you would re-lock some skills), it calculates the maximum amount of cash you can get from this chipping.

If you enter a PED limit, the tool tells you how to get this cash while impacting your pro-standing level as little as possible.

It works together with the rest of features (you can check/uncheck those skills that you don't want to touch), and it works with any target category (professions, HPs, and total skills).

A specific application of this feature is to calculate the overall value of your skills. Just select the option "show all skills", select chip out, and enter 0 as the target level.

As with chipping in, you can enter custom prices for skills implants and ESIs.

The values displayed by the tool show the skill implant size after the 10% loss, and the final value means "net profit", after discounting the value of the ESI.

- Skill management. Now you have many options to handle your avatar skills:

You can enter them manually, as always, if you just want to check one profession or two and you only need to enter a few of them.

You can import them from wiki, if you have your avatar and skills there.

You can read skill files stored in your PC, as long as they are formatted in CSV format (the same format generated by EU companion). The format is: skill name, a "comma" symbol, and the skill value; one skill in each line.

Once you have you skills entered by any of the above methods, you can save them in the tool's database. They are saved together with the custom prices that you might have defined (skill implants prices and ESI price), so if you have spent some time browsing the auction, and you have a set of more realistic prices than peauction, now you don't have to enter them again for every new session. To use this feature, you need an account in the site (user+password). Contact me to get one, if you are interested in using this option.

- I have worked in some improvements in the skills->tt function, and in the optimization algorithm, so they are now somewhat more accurate.

So, that's all (for now)...

Oh, let me add just one thing more... So far, I have put quite a substantial amount of work into the tool (specially in this last update, where _a lot_ of testing hours have been necessary) and, from the feedback I've received and the activity logs in the tool, I can see that the tool is used massively by many many people, which is great.

So, if you are a frequent user of the tool, and have benefited from it (probably saving a nice amount of PEDs by chipping wisely the right stuff, guided by the tool recommendations), please consider making a contribution to boost the development of new features. (Unlike other sites, there is no "donation" button in the site so, if you want to contribute, please contact me by PM).

Those people requesting an account in the site will be reminded a little bit more actively about the "contribution" stuff.. ;) but the message is directed to all "active" users, regardless of this feature.

Enjoy,
/jdegre.

Asesome stuff :) ... great work. If MA stops stealing my ped so fast I'll be soon asking for an account with something to toss your way indeed. ;)

I suppose peds ingame would be ok? :)
I can't figure what the button "save skills" realy dose...

I suppose peds ingame would be ok? :)

peds are ok, of course.

I can't figure what the button "save skills" realy dose...

once you have your skills loaded into the tool (either by entering them manually, or importing them from wiki, or loading from a CSV file from EU companion, for instance), then you can save them in the tools database. that's what the "save" button is for. it also saves custom pricess of sill implants and ESIs.

next session, you can just load them from the database using the "load skills" button.

Back