100 sweat into a hangar

snake_eyes

Prowler
Society
NBK Entrepreneurs
antony one2watch jones
I have just finished reading the book "one red paperclip" the story of a guy who played the game bigger and better and traded a single red paperclip for something bigger and better until his final trade resulted in a house. Now for a bit of fun I thought i'd try something similar here. So i'm going to start out with 100 sweat and see where it can take me. The destination I have in mind is a hangar.

If you're in need of 100 sweat and have something to trade that's bigger and better let me know here and let's see if we can do a trade.

one2watch

Current trade items are:-

Svempa X1 (l)
Svempa X1 (l)
Oreminer Om-105
EMT KIT EK-2600
Orefinder OF-105
ESI 12.14ped tt

current ped balance through sale of blueprints : -

610 ped

Last edited:
nothing's impossible. improbably yes :) but not impossible. Anyway anything that livens things up a little and brings a smile to a few people is worth a try...

I have seen at least two other people do this exact same thing, and I think it was also for hangars. If you can pull it off, then good job, but EU doesn't work like real life and there is almost no concept of philanthropy here. My guess is that you will probably get to the point where you are trading small armor sets, then hit a wall.

Either way, good luck to you. Go prove me wrong. :)

Most hangars are around 100,000 peds, your sweat is worth maybe 0.7 peds. If you play your card right your great gand children might get a hangar. lol GL :D

hmm... with a lot of time and luck it's quite possible :D

100 sweat... well u could receive anything that has a value over 0.6-0.7 ped EX: pair of colonist shoes etc.... after that u can trade them for a 0.8 ped value MPH pistol and so on.....

GL !

Doesn' surprise me. Very few ideas are truly original. I refuse to believe though there aren't people out there willing to get involved in something like this. Yes there's a lot of sceptics in this game but also some fun people out there that could make something like this work.

Anyone willing to make the first trade offer?

yep, unless you sell for high, then buy more low and sell high again, over and over and over again i dont think you will get too far. you could probably buy small sweat amounts for about .6 and try and sell large amounts of it for .7. but at this stage people will just recognise you as a reseller and probably wont trade with you.

what about if people give you free stuff. ive been given armour, peds, ammo, opallo and so on, does this count into the task or do you just put it into storage or what?

Most hangars are around 100,000 peds, your sweat is worth maybe 0.7 peds. If you play your card right your great gand children might get a hangar. lol GL :D

how much would you say a red paperclip is worth? 4ped? how much is the house he got worth? 2million - 3million ped? :)

and anyway I intend to live a long time so those kids aint getting it :p

No Chance ! :) But good luck !

Do not discourage him!!!! :D

Way to go mate. Good luck getting your hangar. Be prepared to spend some good years of your In-game and real life achieving this :)

Only catch is that probably by the time you will be able to buy your hangar, hangars will probably not be needed in the game as we know them today :scratch2:

yep, unless you sell for high, then buy more low and sell high again, over and over and over again i dont think you will get too far. you could probably buy small sweat amounts for about .6 and try and sell large amounts of it for .7. but at this stage people will just recognise you as a reseller and probably wont trade with you.

what about if people give you free stuff. ive been given armour, peds, ammo, opallo and so on, does this count into the task or do you just put it into storage or what?

This isn't about buying selling or receiving free stuff. It's about trading something I have that somebody else wants with someone else for something of equal value or slightly higher thats someone else will want. after this 100 sweat is traded away that is the end of sweat and i'll look to trade the new item for something else. I am not buying sweat in any way (the initial 100 sweat I sweated myself for your info).

yep good luck, i think it would be better to concentrate on getting an appartment or a shop, but thats just me.

i might try this one and try and get a small appartment out of it to call home. but then i wouldnt want to pay money for it each month, anyone know what the sort of monthly cost is to have an appartment??

good luck anyway

Do not discourage him!!!! :D

Way to go mate. Good luck getting your hangar. Be prepared to spend some good years of your In-game and real life achieving this :)

Only catch is that probably by the time you will be able to buy your hangar, hangars will probably not be needed in the game as we know them today :scratch2:

Hey, did you not see the But Good Luck ? :)

yea but then once you get so far, people arent going to give you their best armour for something else of a slightly less value that they want, they may give you a ton of stuff of a lower value though, but then you are back at square one trying to get rid of sweat and hides and so on.

10 ped per month flat. Now back on topic who would like to trade me the 100 sweat? :) it has to be another item and not peds.

who knows how long it may take. Will just have to see where the first trade takes me.

:) I offer you 80 dung for your 100 sweat!

:wtg:

Lootius bless!

it has been tried before. there was a girl starting with 1 common dung and seeking to get a land area. she put quite a lot of effort into it, and there were probably around 30-40 trades (i traded her too, just for fun and to see how far it could go) but, at the end, the thing vanished.

it won't work, but you're free to try (again).

good luck,
/jdegre.

In the end the house that was traded was only worth $20,000 canadian. It was a tiny house in Saskatchewan, and the town traded it only to recieve publicity...

it has been tried before. there was a girl starting with 1 common dung and seeking to get a land area. she put quite a lot of effort into it, and there were probably around 30-40 trades (i traded her too, just for fun and to see how far it could go) but, at the end, the thing vanished.

it won't work, but you're free to try (again).

good luck,
/jdegre.

Well the main thing in all this is to have some fun and light hearted relief from the usual pursuit of that elusive hof/ATH. It's already itneresting to see the amount of responses this has gathered and it even has its first offer! I'm currently mulling it over lykke but unless a better offer comes in I may well take you up on it!

Well the main thing in all this is to have some fun and light hearted relief from the usual pursuit of that elusive hof/ATH. It's already itneresting to see the amount of responses this has gathered and it even has its first offer! I'm currently mulling it over lykke but unless a better offer comes in I may well take you up on it!

what's wrong with dung? :scratch2:

nothing you got yourself a deal :)

I'll be in twin peaks at boxes for the next 10mins if you want to meet up and make the trade.

My ingame name is one2watch.

I like the idea, but it would take some really good trading skills. well gl anyway

Good luck...like a few others have said, similar things have been tried and haven't got too far (or rather they stopped talking about it anyway). The difficulty is that once you get to something of moderate value there are limitted trades available - there's a huge number of items worth in the region of 100 sweat, but there's very little items (relatively) once you get up to say 5-10% of a hangar and still less as you go higher...

Btw, 100 sweat for 80 dung - terrible trade surely? Stop your scamming, Nun :D

Last edited:
nothing you got yourself a deal :)

I'll be in twin peaks at boxes for the next 10mins if you want to meet up and make the trade.

My ingame name is one2watch.

Im at work ;) cant make it untill in ca. 1 1/2-2 hours sorry

yes it's a terrible trade (800 dung is more like it) but you have to start somewhere and you never know more people may need/be itnerested in 80 dung then 100 sweat. It's a strange old world. Sometimes you just have to go back to go forwards :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33774

P.S.: Donations accepted to buy ME an imp/modfap!

let's start with 100 fruits this time, because dung & sweat have already been tried!

go for it. Set yourself up a thread offering to trade 100 fruit.

BTW it is now 80 dung looking to be traded as I have agreed in principle to trade the 100 sweat for 80 dung with the nun. So any more trade offers must be for the 80 dung. Yes I know this may seem a backward step to some but if you understood the spirit of what this is all about then you would "get it" as Kyle so often says in his book.

Back