The TT Project

Encicra

Old Alpha
Society
Hidden Item
Dustin "Encicra" Parker
The TT Project

What is it?

Everyday thousands of items are sold to the trade terminals even though they have held a markup value, which means tons of potential PED are flushed into them as well. This is money that one way or another could have been used in the player economy and that puts a terrible strain on players’ PED Cards and is a major money sink that nearly goes un-noticed unlike others such as decay and fees. However, this is one that can be avoided.

What I propose:

“Don’t TT, sell to me.”

Selling these items to me at the TT value allows the potentially lost PED to remain in the game and in the players’ hands. You’re probably wondering about my plans with these items, well, I would act as a temp storage.

My plan is to save up bulk items until they are in large enough quantity to sell to buyers, who would use them for crafting or whatever purpose, at a bit below average markup because I might as well give some deals while I’m at it since it would have been lost anyway.

What items do you buy?

Anything you want to sell at TT value, provided I have the funds to acquire it at that price. I’m not asking for things like Ore/Enmatter or something of major trade, just the random things you get that you’d normally just chuck in the Trade Terminal.

What about the profit?

Profits would be broken down into two parts, probably something like 80/20 or 85/15, still undecided at the moment and I want to wait to see what it generates.

The larger percent would be used for community events and depending on how much business this project actually gets, I’m hoping for four quarterly tournaments with cheap buy-in’s and over the top prizes or I’ll just save until that goal is possible, mabye semi-annual events. I’m sure I can come up with a number of other uses including sponsorship for other events. I’d also be open to suggestion.

The smaller percent would taken by EnCompany, which would be used to buy more goods and improve the business. Since I own EnCompany and get to use what it buys, there is no reason for me to take a direct percent. It all gets recycled.

Philosophy:

It’s the customers that drive the business so I want to give back as much as possible.

--------------------------

How to find me:
My main trading grounds is Twin @ Vote or Boxes.

TT Project Forum Shop Thread

I have also set up Http://encicra.com as its home, which is where everything news like about it will be updated, including a shop page but i'll also keep an updated one here in the forums.

Tell me what you guys think. I believe it could do the economy and players a world of good.

Last edited:
i have some junk i was going to tt, animal oils and hides and so on that i could sell you if you like

Aye all the way to less people tt to much things but depends of diferent resons but mostly that they dont now of the markup/auction and so on. done it myself and alot of friends of mine =) one friend tt:d a esi worth around 40 ped :mad: and a few months later he got to know what the markup was :yay: lol he wasnt so happy on himself..

i have some junk i was going to tt, animal oils and hides and so on that i could sell you if you like

Gladly, I'll be in twin shortly.

im still in work, ill be on later on, ill keep an eye out for you

Entropia Investment Fund

I would be doing the same thing with these guys if it was not for time zones (I wouldn't be able to sell them anything), but you can see that it has been successful, and has built up a large amount of trust already.

The difference is that you have no buy in, which is a good thing! But I would speak to these folks and see if you can work together.

I'm aware of them, and this was initially invented to be their competition, however I've decided not to compete and simplified this project to a basic form and to approach a different goal.

A large majority of the profit generated here is going to be put back in the players hands through contest and promotion and sponsorship of other events and very little will be kept in our possesion

Also like you said its open to anyone, but the thing is there is no shares to sell, at least for now but I doubt I'll venture into that area.

Since I keep very little for the company, and since my goals are to keep the money in the players pockets its quite a lot different.

Though, I do highly admire what Eifund is doing and have nothing at all against them. I myself might even buy some shares.

Ok so this is going great gotten a lot of stuff at tt value. It's slower selling but some stuff is moving and other is bulking but that is what I want.

Lol run into a little snag, too many items. The first goal on the tt project list what to support itself with an apt. but I didn't think i'd need one so soon.

While the forum shop here on ef and on the website is not open yet, I am still trading armors in game atm. Once I relieve myself of some of the stock I'll probably go on a massive buying spree again and open up the store posts.

So far so good though, the plan works, just very very slowly.

Thanks for the answers. Good luck and I may well be giving you a shout.

On July 23/07 the TT Project bought an apartment.

The address is TI Silver 14A.

Alot of the items that the TT Project has in stock are displayed inside the boarded off section of the apt. So if you feel like browsing you can do so there.

I am considering/looking into getting a Shopkeeper but at the moment that is quite a bit out of the budget.

The TT Project is generating some PED but I mean it will take a while to pay off the Apt with the project so a shopkeeper is distant future.

I'm a skeptic, admitedly. I also tend to analyze things. My very initial reaction to this is that it's using misdirection to move more profit into your hands under the guise of some community benefit. There are several things that don't quite add up:

1) To claim that TT'ing items that have a market value results in PED's being "lost" from the community is the initial misdirection. In fact, all it does is keep items in the game that would otherwise be freed up for the loot pool. For instance, we've gone under the assumption that for a given number of players, a given number of item "x" would be put in circulation via loot pools. What this translates to is that when an item gets TT'd, it becomes eligible for a loot drop if the circulation calls for it. Furthermore, the "drop" in aggrigate community-held ped results in a corresponding increase -- for MA. It's not in *my* best interests to shift ped from MA to a single player, in fact, the reverse would be true, as that results in increasing the odds that MA will loosen up that PED to me in it's random distribution commonly known as "loot".

2) As noble as it may seem to sponsor more events or do some community programs with profits you've made by accumulating items at TT and selling them at TT Plus, the net result is the same -- and you are simply using a pretext to garner a wider audience from which to buy items at LESS than market, and to sell them for more for your OWN benefit. If this were indeed a sincere attempt to be an honest business, you wouldn't be 'offerring' to buy things at below market value, now would you? No sir, this doesn't seem noble to me at all.

3) Yes, I have lots of crap that sits in my storage, not quite enough to sell, but not willing to TT because it's market value is above TT. I'm in it for the long run though, and I'll eventually decide what to do with it, perhaps even TT them, but it's never in my best interests to transfer them to someone else who will squeeze PED from MA that I can't grind out, no matter what they do with that PED. In fact, as that person becomes richer, they pose a larger threat to my existence.

4) All this sounds like I'm griping about self-interests when in fact I'm only pointing out how margins operating on a small scale can become deadlier as the scale is increased, and how your "service" seems more like a deceptive program of "self-service" than anything benefitting the community in general.

If I'm wrong in any of the above, please correct me, I'll consider any logical evidence and weigh it appropriately. I've been wrong before, and my skepticism is just a healthy past-time. :scratch2:

I understand your skepticism.

I plan to build it up in stages.

When I sell the items I buy, I don't sell that at full value. So right there the person who buys items from me is getting them at a great deal cheaper then regular prices. It makes it easier for new players to get started or for mentors to buy some cheap gear for their deciples. It may not free up items for the loot pool but it helps put the necessary strain on MA for more items/loot/ped in the system either form their own pockets or outside sources of advertisement.

The first stage, which it is in now, is to buy anything that players want to sell to me at TT value. I'm not looking for items of any real worth, just scraps that would otherwise be tt'd. Later on I plan to expand to buying other items with markups on sale but that is a long way down the road atm.

This project is not targeted at all players. Not in the slightest. I encourage people to keep their items and sell them for max value it helps get the money flowing around the game, everyone knows that everyone in the game are PEC pincher's, which is literally 100 times worse then penny pincher's lol. I would rather buy from someone who constantly tt's things that hold markup value rather then people who want to make a go at it themselves.

I'm small scale now but I would like to help usher in player business to a fuller extent within EU. The direct ped made from the TT Project is staying in the game. Whether it goes back to the player through Events/Sponsoring or through purchasing of items/properties or investing into something else. If I was ever to take money out it would be indirectly through something like like a hangar if I ever got to the point where the Project could afford to purchase one, which would help in the space/planet trade of smaller items but even then a certain % would stay within the Project to keep building and giving back.

Since I am the company I do get to own the stuff it buys but when you consider that in the last 3 days of business, with more then 6 hours per day spent trading and profiting a total of 23.76 ped up until now.

that is 2.37/3 = .79 and then .79/6 = .13 cents per hour.

Not exactly self service, more or less something to do with potential long term benefits.

Also, as far as I can see, The TT Project is the only player run business, without help of properties/ma supplied help, that even has intention of giving back money to the community. And when I say giving back I mean saving until I have something that can rival the prizes of the first MMOWC event. That is my ultimate goal, if business provides it.

Hope that answers your questions.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll grant you the provisionary "traf's non-predatory seal of approval". ;)

I may even look you up @ twin some time... Although I'm currently pinching some serious PEC (in the form of items and spending habits), until my next deposit.

I generally operate out of deposit funds, collecting the item proceeds as collectables until the TT value merits a sale. Naturally, this collects a lot of "grabage" (yes: the misspelling is intentional).

Anyway, there are a few items that I know I'll never use and *somebody* might benefit from, mostly one-off animal parts like skulls.

Lol, I could have given a write up 3 times that size benefit wise. Glad to see I can change peoples minds.

I feel it's going to be very slow paced for the Project until after my first event is held and people begin to see that the money will indeed be coming back into the players hands and not hoarded.

Also, I'm going to be updating the main site (http://encicra.com) with a "Who Am I" section to give my full background as a player just see people know who is behind the whole deal.

Ok, there is one thing I ought to add to this. I saw you in PA spamming like no tomaro for this. There was neerly a whole page of "dont tt, sell to me, look up to tt project at encicra.com or EF"
If you want people to sell you things, treating the people with RESPECT helps alot.

That was me flooding out those toolish people who are trying to sell ped. That was a one time thing you caught happen there.

I usually wait until it leaves the large window.

OK, well then, I would love to help you out by buying things at for TT and then selling them to you for TT!

i was under the impression item value put into tt came out as a loot some where else. i rember reading a post where a support letter from ma confirmed this as being sort of how the tt works.
so if alot of ppl bought into this (and i dont for resons explaind in previous posts) loot drops would become worse than they already are.
im also personaly against trying to skim ma profits on a large scale because i want this game to keep evolving and certainly dont want doors closed...

otherwise this would have all just been a waste of time:scratch2:

it is a very intresting thing you are trying to do and will follow this post for a bit

Last edited:
The items that avoid getting tt'd by the project are then put to use by the player, its not skimming profits its using what was originally set out by ma for its intended purpose.

If these items are already in game then MA have a plan if they all become used, and it wouldn't be for the worse.

Hopefully that didn't come across as a lashing of sorts, it wasn't on this end..just saying why.

The thing is I'm still learning what the effects of this might be, not to mention a bunch about the ingame market in EU, but I also plan to keep updating the site with detailed info about what could/might/will happen.

All in all I think if we put the items to use that we are supplied with it will not just make it cheaper for the player to get ahead/along but also in some dark twisted confidential secret way it will benefit MA.

Not to mention the differnt types for events for different players I want to hold with the money that goes directly back into the community.

It will be slow for a while and if I does pick up then that just means more events, but once I do get the funds and the ball gets rolling I'm sure i'll be giving back even more then I expect too, and in different ways.

i was under the impression item value put into tt came out as a loot some where else. i rember reading a post where a support letter from ma confirmed this as being sort of how the tt works.
so if alot of ppl bought into this (and i dont for resons explaind in previous posts) loot drops would become worse than they already are.
im also personaly against trying to skim ma profits on a large scale because i want this game to keep evolving and certainly dont want doors closed...

otherwise this would have all just been a waste of time:scratch2:

it is a very intresting thing you are trying to do and will follow this post for a bit

My understanding of that thread was that specific items put into the TT reappear, not the value, e.g. if I tt an M2722, somebody else will loot one, although not of the same value. I always think that for hunting money out (loot TT value)=money in(ammo/decay) - MindArk's cut

So by selling it to Encicra for TT we stop somebody else getting the pointless guns, thinking it is a Korss and then being disappointed. Another good thing about the project I think :laugh:

I've Updated Http://encicra.com with a "Who Am I?" section that includes my entire gaming history to help people get a sense of, like the title, who I am and what I stand for.

Its a long read but some might find it interesting. I would put it here or in my blog here but it contains names of other games so I wont.

I took a bit of a break from the game to focus on some other stuff in real life but now I'm back.

The TT project never stopped it just kinda slowed, I still dropped in time to time and made some transactions.

It is moving very slowly, but I expected that. Everything is still on track and going according to plan.

So you'll be seeing me more in game.

I tried something like this a few weeks ago, didn't work too well :p

All people will sell is oils and stuff and no one buys them :(

But anyway, gl

Lol, i've been doing this longer then a few weeks.

Yes, it's slow moving but it does work.

I think its the first milestone that will be the toughest after that will go a little smoother.

I've been reworking the business plan of the tt project, a few things are going to change, some big and some small but I think as a whole it will work a lot better and at certain milestones will jump in productivity.

Expect a new thread to be launched for the new version..

..for those of you who actually follow what I'm doing with the project.

Back