Do you trust the people in your soc?

Heyas,

Allthough im new to my soc i trust them 100%
As they show me the same respect and trust as I show them:)

So guess its a big fat YES :D

-Mango

Ive only been on the game for about 4 weeks so far now, but and ive been finding it fun and very addictive. Most of the people i have met in game are friendly enough and very helpfull. Thank you for all of the replies by the way.

To answer the question, I trust 100% more than 80% of my socmates :)

But seriously, how many "I don't trust my socmates" answers were you expecting to get without an anonymous pole? ;)

You 'd have some pretty messed soc chats afterwards!!!

Tromos

Trust my socmates? No way! Joking ...

Trust goes both ways, as said by someone before. If you can be trusted, then it's a lot easier to trust others.
Right now, SR has a few beacon missions. If there would be no trust inside SR then there could not be a beacon mission somewhere inside SR.

:grouphug::):grouphug:

Well sure. If I did team hunts. ;) Which I don't. :D

I don't see a reason to trust people like that when we have a loot system that actually works. However I do trust most of my soc members ( I say most, because I don't know everyone ). But still I wouldn't lend out my mod fap if I got one.......... :rolleyes:

No

I don't judge people on what soc they are in, I get to know them and if they have earned MY trust then maybe. I only hunt with people i know very well, especially with new loot distribution.

we did several beacon runs, and there are basically no loot rules at all
so, we have to trust that the loot is given to one person who splits after that, usually the one who bought the beacon

in hunting i usually use stack share, and if a useful item drops (read, more than 50 pec tt) we tend to share the tt, depending on market value that one (if its 105% it isn't worth the hassle sometimes ^^)

also in case of items loaned

but usually that tends to be for older members we know a bit ;)
even if we take fresh newbies on beacon missions too (partially to test if they share, so we know what to think of them) we are more carefully in loaning stuff

weird thread though

Depends what soc you are in and how long you have known them-I have been in the NBK for a year and love it, I would gladly even lend them weapons and armour e.t.c.

Sure, i trsut my socmate. :)

Offcourse i trust, why to get ppl in soc where u cant trust?

If you don't trust all of your socm8's (except for noobs who need working in for a few lightyears) either you or they are in the wrong soc.

Hehe exactly. That's why i still don't trust you :p

Btw + rep to TS for not making a poll!

:grouphug:I completely trust my fellow PE Addicts 100%. That's how we roll!!!

100% trust here for my socmates!

We are a closed soc and so all decide who can join and at least one of us must have good words or good knowing of a new member.

Well, i'm not in a society at the moment, but i'm answering from my experience outside of Entropia if i'm allowed to do so:

Before joining Entropia, i was a part of a high ranked Society in another game! I had friends who i backed up in several ways; friends for whom i sacrificed more then time and resources... This went on for two long years and ended with them betraying me and destroying all i had worked for in that time!
(wow, i managed to keep the story short :rolleyes:)

I don't regret to say it, but there's no way for me to trust another living soul again!

I respect people who work hard in this game as part of a society and i'm not judging anyone! This is only my background and my personal view on things...

Not all persons from my soc but most of them

Yes, I trust everyone in soc. to do an even split.

Yes, I did reply once ... :D

but ...

But still I wouldn't lend out my mod fap if I got one.......... :rolleyes:

You don't have to borrow out your very valued items to your soc-mates, to let them know you trust them. It can be done in the little ways. If they complain because you are not willing to borrow out a very expensive item and use the "oh you don't trust me"-thingie - they are not real friends.

People have trusted me a big deal, and I really appriciate that. That goes from lending me armor, weapons to shops.

Trusting people is something you choose - also even though some might have abused your trust in the past. It requires quite some balls to trust people enough to borrow out their items to them!

Never had a problem when team-hunting or any other thing that had to deal with "money" among soc-members. Big hugs to my soc mates for that :hug: !They are one of a kind!

This is intresting. I trust 2 people 100% in my soc at the moment, those are the two that has been there since start, then there has been people comming and leaving and those, sorry guys, I don't trust.

I do trust everyone in "First circle" and my leader has done a very good job making only very trustable members first circle.

Oz and Dodd are the two people I trust. Many more, but they are inactive nowdays. And I have about 5 people outside the soc I would trust 100% on too. =)

Yes, I trust my soc mates.

The newer ones or very rare online ones I would not borrow valuable stuff though ..

if you DONT trust the people in your soc then you need to find a new soc !

I've lent out full shadow+a204+imk2+adj fap to soc members on many occasions, you NEED hardcore trust todo that :)

Hahahahah...

Yes, I trust mine, check my sig pic ;)

My soc mates? Trust THEM??
Ohh, H**l no!
Those lying scamming bastards?
Wouldn't trust them doing my laundry even. :laugh:

On a serious note, of course i do, to 100%. :)

Yep, most surely do.

However, we allways hunt "stack share" to make final split problem easyer.

But when we do loot something nice (like ESI or platinum stones or smth) - there is no brawl. It gets auctioned and everyone receives equal share of it (doesnt matter if you were shooting opalo or Beasted Madox IV).

Thats fair IMO.

I.

Well i trust them enough for them getting all the loot in a hunt. I trust them enough to borrow them equipment and peds. But if i ever get something worth over 10k peds I'll stop trusting them :)

Of course!

I have to say "YES!".

Hunters Extreme (H.E.) is a very honorable society. Great people! If anyone cant trust their soc then I would wonder why you are in that soc??? Doesnt make sense to me.

Big ups to H.E.!

I certainly do, tested and approved :) Our soc rocks!

On hunts we stack share, and divide any high markup items evenly.

Now with that said ,even though I trust them to a huge degree, I still have limits to what I would risk, as I think everyone should. I won't risk an issue on lending huge amounts or high value gear with anyone, regardless of trust in them. Mainly since I wouldn't want any chance to have something unexpected come out of it, and possibly ruin any friendships....not worth it.

I am in NSFF, my mentor's soc. They are friendly and really helpful, give me a lot of advice and I trust them totally.

Do I trust my soc mates?

Well, I certainly trust those that I have dealt with in the past, as they all have shown them selves to be trust worthy.
There are, however, some in my soc I have never even talked to, due to different time zones.
Would I lend them them my entire wardrobe: Master coat, Black slacks/shirt/boots & Rancher hat? Probably not ;) .
would I lend them my Frean D Alpha ME? Probably, as I no longer use it, and it's cheap & easy to replace.
It's not that I actively "don't trust" them, it's that I just don't know them well enough to form an opinion either way.

Plus you have to remember that "trust" means "Have confidence in".
In that Context, I trust a barking snarling dog. I have confidence that it will try and bite me. I am confident in that belief and hence I don't get close enough to it to find out if i am wrong. ;)

Forgive me if I'm pissing in the Cheerios, but WTF is with this thread?

Who in their right mind would wonder if folks who don't trust each other are willing to stay in groups? :scratch2: I mean how could a thread like this not end up with tons of:

Of course I trust my soc mates to split loot evenly.

Obviously in almost every soc, the newer members need a "break in" period, and may be given a slightly lower level of trust then "established members", but trust is basic to group cohesion. This concept is true with any group, IRL or virtual.

And why just soc mates? There are folks both in and out of my soc that have earned my total trust, Many others here would echo that point, too.

Oriasis, what has occurred to make you ask a question whose answer should be obvious after 12 seconds of casual thought?

Back