Missmonkey

Guardian
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Sassyfer Sass Missmonkey
FoF X
INSECTICIDE
Main Entry: in·sec·ti·cide. Pronunciation: in-'sek-t&-"sId Function: noun
"a chemical used to kill insects.Substances that are capable of killing insects, used by humans to those who are considered pests"

As a warm-up for the forthcoming WoF i will be resurrecting FoF X (festival of firepower) Presented, as always, by Hurrikane and the Gloryhound Irregulars

It's a great free event, a lot less serious than the WoF and lots of fun, as others will tell you. The current holders of the FoF title are TDO Ready for a fight??!!​

THERE IS NO FEE... Just bring some NICE BIG WEAPONS, the idea is to bag as many globals as possible on the mobs on the list for points that are totalled up at the end.

WHEN?

Saturday 10th November​
Start Time; 5pm (17:00 in game MA Time) ....... Camp Caravan TP
End Time; 11pm (23:00 in game MA Time)....Camp caravan TP

MOBLIST;

Pupugi/Igni...............................1 Point
Gokibusagi..................................5 points
Formidon.......(provider and below) 7 Points
Formidon.......(guardian and above) 8 Points
Tsk Tsk.....(Devastator and below) 7 Points
Tsk Tsk...........(Hunter and above) 8 Points
Formicacida... (Ravager and below) 7 Points
Formicacida...(Hunter and above) 9 Points

ARANEATROX;

Araneatrox..(Dominant and below) 15 points
Araneatrox......................(Alpha) 18 Points
Araneatrox..................(Old Alpha) 20 Points
Araneatrox.................... (Prowler) 22 Points
Araneatrox......................(Stalker) 25 Points

HoF's: ......Double points for that mob.

ATH's: .....Double points for entire hunt.

HOW to FoF;

Form the biggest team possible (max 12) from your Soc/Friends/Folk who turn up on the day (there's always enough for a team). Make sure the team name has FoF at the start, as in "FoF GloryHounds" etc. This is important for scoring purposes.
For now; Please register your interest in this thread, if you and your society/friends want to join us in 6 hours of killing........SEE YOU THERE:yay:

UPDATE
If everyone can get to Caravan for 16:40 (ish) and 1 member from each team declare their team name to me before starting. We'll try our best to keep score but it'll probably be an idea to post screenies here after! As stated, your team name Must start with "FoF"

In the event of a Tie-break We'll head to cape cornith ring for a last man standing type shoot off once the scores are counted and verified (like they do on telly :) )

Last edited:
Sweet! Looking forward to this. :wtg:

oo oo ooo

Me being the one over here with his hand firmly up in the air jumping about like I need a wee.

Time to get some troops organised :yay:

Rockchick...Reporting for duty SiiiR

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

im SO hunting. anyone want me on their team :D?

Ah, the return of the Mighty FoF... :)

The last one (for those who weren't there) was held on CND and was Amazing.

After totting up all the points from the many many globals it was actually a TIE between us GloryHounds and The Disturbed Ones.

After some discussion of possible methods of resolving the deadlock we settled upon a mass pvp event... 8 Hounds and 8 TDOs climbed into the ring at Corinth, and I'm sure no Hound present would object to me saying that the TDO kicked our scrawny asses...

They practiced, apparently. We didn't think of that...

The FoF is always Tons of Fun.. a great chance to prove your hunting prowess, meet new friends and, most importantly, Punch Above Your Weight...

Something for eveyone in this event which is now the 10th FoF that thwe GloryHounds are proud to bring you...

So assemble a team, or just turn up...

Teams can be an existing Soc, a bunch of mates or even just people you meet on the day, it matters not...

I know for a fact that the Hounds are keen to regain their title, and I'm sure that TDO will fight hard to keep it...

Or will You wrestle it from us?

Come and have a go, if you think your hard enough.. :D

Ickle FoF BUMPette..

I know for a fact that the Hounds are keen to regain their title, and I'm sure that TDO will fight hard to keep it...
Or will You wrestle it from us?

Come and have a go, if you think your hard enough.. :D

We sure will :boxer:

Ill forward this info to my soc mates and see if we can come up with a team!

I still dont understand the points awarded to the mobs. The smaller the more point u should get since its harder to get a global on them.
Hell if u global on a pupugi its like an ATH.
So should be the other way around...

Ah, the return of the Mighty FoF... :)

... and I'm sure no Hound present would object to me saying that the TDO kicked our scrawny asses...

They practiced, apparently. We didn't think of that...

Ahhh - so that's why they won! lol

So so sooooo good to hear FoF is back - can i join the Glory Hounds team again pleeeeeeeease?!?!?!?

Many thanks to Miss Monkey for the pm heads up - oooooh i can't wait!

Bump BUMP BUMP!

Will be great to see you all there....More info to follow nearer the time.....

Oh, and the points for mobs question.....points were up to me and thats the way they stay (you can hunt whatever you like) :D It's free, it's fun and it's time we took the title back..... eh? TDO?

Slarty, you're a FoF veteran aren't you? - of course we'll have you back :yay:, looking at the size of our soc these days it might be a hounds I and hounds II situation..... double the fun

Thank you Missmonkey! Yeah I've enjoyed three or four FoFs thanks to Major Fluffy Putty for inviting me, and all have been great fun. Two teams of Hounds? Then the others really had better watch out!

As for the points for mobs - it's all part of the fun and tactics especially when scores are close towards the end of the Festival. Great choice imo and am looking forward to seeing that Invi global :wtg:

It's FoF time again

So don't get the Hump

Repair your Big Guns
and I'll give this a BUMP.

Best I could do when this tired.. I'll try harder tomorrow..

Hi ... if anyone knows who runs the WoF Team England then can they let me know, I'd like a piece of the action! :D

Thanx in advance.

Hi ... if anyone knows who runs the WoF Team England then can they let me know, I'd like a piece of the action! :D

Thanx in advance.

Doesnt matter, You can make a team of friends, Soc, or country.

Why not get Big Bum Beki to organise NotA to join in the fun;)

:D

OK thanx ... had assumed it was country teams for WoF (not FoF).

Thanx again

Slappy

Sounds great fun... will pass this on to the other Vamps and see if we can get a team up :D

Thanx in advance.

Hi Slappy.... theres a WoF thread here ; https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84090&highlight=WoF

I think you have to wait until registration opens then sign up for the country of your choice..... I think it's Feb?

Would be fab to have you at the FoF too (a nice warm up and much killing) Get a team together from NotA and hopefully we'll see you there :)

Same for the Vamps - the more teams the better - is always good to have a bit of friendly competition
;)

Last edited:
I'll hopefully be there, been looking forward to the spider massacre. Going to need a space on someone's team though.

Another late night post

I don't wanna be Creepy

So I'll BUMP this now

Cos I'm getting sleepy..

:zzz:

hey sassy :) hey hounds

thx for bringing on this kick ass event again ... im forwarding this to my mates .. we will bring back team austria and hopefully rule :rolleyes::laugh:

A small note to clear up any confusion...

From the humblest of acorns do the Mightiest Oaks grow, they say...

And the World of Firepower was a very Mighty Oak indeed, with team from 28 countries pulling their respective weights..

BUT, it began oh so simply, as The Festival of Firepower...

Teams did not and do not have to be from a specific country, or all from the same soc, or linked by any other common cause other than a love of Firepower..

There have been 9 so far of these Humble Acorns, and Sassifer and the Hounds are proud now to bring you FoF X, or Festival of Firepower 10, if you prefer...

Turn up on the day, either with a team already selected, or if you like you can just turn up and join an existing team, or we'll put all the odd socks together...

This Event has been steadily growing in size and popularity and it was from this Event that the World of Firepower grew, shortly after FoF iX...

But now we are between WoFs.. next one will be around February time, do what do we do!? Where can we go!? How can we get that buzz til then !??

Not a problem.. Come and see what all the fuss is about, Read Sass's post, turn up on the day with your best weapons polished and loaded and if you don't have a team we'll find you one.

I can promise you it will be a close fought contest, and a Hoot, to boot :)

See y'all there

Remember - International Hunt in stages = WoF

This is the FoF - The Festival of Firepower.

And if you've never seen one, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Bump
Up
Missmonkey's
Don't get bogged down, Pet

Dont' get stuck in the mire, Flower

Simply sign up

For the Festival of Firepower!

Ok, they're getting worse, I admit.
Add supportive posts to this thread and you a) get some Rep, and b) avoid more Dire Doggeral...

Of course, if any WoF team want to enter the FoF as a warm up and practice, well that's just fine too..

Good chance to practice your team skills, tactics etc...

Oh, and it's fun too.. :)

All welcome

It's free, it's fun, it doesn't hurt your bum

oh dear - i think it's catching.....:ahh:

Would be fab to see you there Marcus - bring your team Austria friends :)

Last edited:
Hi Slappy.... theres a WoF thread here ; https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84090&highlight=WoF

I think you have to wait until registration opens then sign up for the country of your choice..... I think it's Feb?

Would be fab to have you at the FoF too (a nice warm up and much killing) Get a team together from NotA and hopefully we'll see you there :)

Same for the Vamps - the more teams the better - is always good to have a bit of friendly competition
;)

Ok, look out, insanity is in the building!

Nomads are in... team name ... FOF: NotA Fof'ing Clue

See you on the start line.

Excellent event.

Back