Armor Deterioration Changes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
15 Oct 2007 Following an evaluation of the changes in VU 9.0, recent armor deteriorations have been revised for VU 9.0.2 due on October 16.

The 2 PEC deterioration of 'Limited' armor parts when equipping them has been removed. This will encourage the use of this armor type even more.

The deterioration of 'Unlimited' armor parts has been reduced to 1 PEC per equip. MindArk wish to differentiate between Limited and Unlimited armor series. Hunters now have the added dimension of weighting the advantages and disadvantages of using an all-round protective armor which doesn't need to be changed as often, or using special armors that protect against specific damage types. This compliments the economic balance MindArk strive to achieve in regards to armors.

The new abilities to 'Hot Key' armor parts will result in extra lag if abused i.e. participants repeatedly changing armors in crowded areas. This potential exploit is to be curbed. As the fee has now been reduced, an increased delay of 0.5 seconds is included when equipping armors.

Originally Posted Here

Well MA, at least this shows us that u are listening.

Honor to u Ma.

Now all we need is foot guards to everyone ... :laugh:

Nice, now we have less decay and Limited armors have something attractive to them. Thanks MA at least it shows you hear us.

And I am back from my vacation. I didn't think that it would be warmer here than in real life, but I am ready.

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision will be made available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

Can I please have a hug before I get flamed? ,-)

Make it bad then a little better so we'll be happy - BS, get rid of the crappy decay totaly.

If you want to encourage the use of L armour then make it better. This is just like u did before, taxing auction to make shops apear better but doing nothing to make them better.

This type of taxing is the last resort of an unimaginative mind.

And I am back from my vacation. I didn't think that it would be warmer here than in real life, but I am ready.

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

very nice indeed !
(Hug)

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision will be made available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

Unlikely. :laugh:

Nice to see the armour charge removed/reduced. :thumbup:

Welcome back Marco. :hug:

Hope you had nice vacation.

that's a good step towards showing some respect to the customers. Thanks for this.

Tromos

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

:better: :hug: :cheer: :shower:

The response above is only partial, but at least it is indicative that you are listening. Hopefully a workable solution to this mess can be reached. At this time however, any equipping tax on armor is unacceptable. As Slither stated, if you want to encourage people to use (L) armor make it better. Do NOT nerf existing UL armors.

:dancing:

pixie is still 2 pec decay for me ^^

Well done !

no hug from me sry, but a +rep for good choice about discussing about VU plans and more important future plans !
ty and wish it doesnt stay just by these words
best wishes Uni

Thanks for the response and for putting in an appearance Marco.

However, the price is not as important as the principle. Please remove the armour tax completely.

*Hug* Now im ready to flame ;)

Well now Marco why won't MA just lower the amount of pecs on the clothing decay? Say like 0.5 ped each time you equipo them, that way we would have decayed and full tt clothes looking different and it will also discourage ppl from consisten changing but at the same time alowing to try different garments without emptying your wallet.

And please make plentyfull footguard drops at least for the first months so all of us old players can complete our armors.

Cheers!

A big hug from me for an intelligent design solution.

It is only 1 pec.

Paul :cool:

I still get 2 pec decay on UnL armor, no test for L

remove totally the armor decay from equipping, increase to a full 20 seconds if you want the armor equipping time in order to reduce chances of multiple equipping as you say but pricing it will not solve the dam issue

we dont want the armor decay tax :mad:

oh yes how about the clothes decay?
r u sure it's a good step for supporting whole tailoring business?and thus not only that?

Glad to see that peoples protest didnt land on deaf ears. It's a start, but still has some way to go to make amends.

I do understand the clothing decay and while I may not agree with it i do see you needing to make your profits. But an armour decay when attaching is complete nonsense. we pay enough on armour decay without this silly tax. please, please remember - in most eyes it is not the'cost' but the principle which was so hard to swallow.

Communication is the key.

out of curiosity, if there is such a big lag problem with attaching items on avataars, why introduce a despised 7th armour part.

Reactions: Uni
yeah whatever....Thanks for listening to the outrage..:rolleyes:

You need to do better than that. :mad:

And you need to MAKE THE SHINS AND SHOES 1 UNIT

And Marco: Nice gesture. But talk is cheap. Let's SEE SOMETHING. And see it regularly.

I'm staying put until this mess is FIXED.

Last edited:
According to Bertha, the changes will come into effect after the next mini-update.
i already got an update, i thought thats it :D

I'll give you a hug, if you take the knife out of my back :tongue2:

The deterioration of 'Unlimited' armor parts has been reduced to 1 PEC per equip.
The new abilities to 'Hot Key' armor parts will result in extra lag if abused i.e. participants repeatedly changing armors in crowded areas. This potential exploit is to be curbed. As the fee has now been reduced, an increased delay of 0.5 seconds is included when equipping armors.

Why can we not have a delay of 5 sec and NO decay? i for one welcome the hotkey addition, and can happily wait a considerable time between reloads for this feature. there is no need to charge us at all.

And will the issue with auto removing certain clothing (hats, sunglasses, Ninja Jackets) be address?

A week too late, a pec too short.

I'll check back every few months to see if the games been sold to another company yet.

In the meantime... So long and thanks for all the fish.

15 Oct 2007 Following an evaluation of the changes in VU 9.0, recent armor deteriorations have been revised for VU 9.0.2 due on October 16.

The 2 PEC deterioration of 'Limited' armor parts when equipping them has been removed. This will encourage the use of this armor type even more.

The deterioration of 'Unlimited' armor parts has been reduced to 1 PEC per equip. MindArk wish to differentiate between Limited and Unlimited armor series. Hunters now have the added dimension of weighting the advantages and disadvantages of using an all-round protective armor which doesn't need to be changed as often, or using special armors that protect against specific damage types. This compliments the economic balance MindArk strive to achieve in regards to armors.

Originally Posted Here

After a poll result like this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84007

I am glad you went with option b) of my post:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84747&postcount#20

:thumbup:

PS: Welcome back from your holiday :D

Well, to be honest, it wasn't too hard to guess that something will change in the 2-PEC-decay thing. If anyone wants to admire my prediction skills feel free to read here. :)

Btw, yes I know I didn't predict it 100% :rolleyes:

Thank you for the explanation and justification of the reason for the decay. The 1 pec fee for armor seems much more manageable and I can see what the point of it is.

Now if you can just resolve the foot guards issue things will be back to normal, but until then there is a giant glaring hole in EU that is only going to get worse before it gets better. Turn the foot guards and shins into one part, and just give everyone who already looted foot guards that single part, regardless of what it is. There will be some extra shins on the market, but it won't have much effect if it is fixed soon. That, or if you REALLY need to have a seventh part introduced, give the foot guards to anyone who has the shins.

Back