Moneta Bank News, Headlines, Announcements

Moneta Banker

Mature
Moneta Banker
About Moneta

Who we are and why we invested in this amazing universe…

By purchasing a license, Moneta.RU is intending to broaden its area of trade and to begin to operate in the international market. Primarily we are interested in the MMORPG with RCE as most dynamic segment, Entropia Universe offers the vast potentials, has great community and great opportunities.

Our company has created a unique platform, which allows unifying various online projects into one monetary system. In the beginning of the next year we are planning to introduce to the public a global version of our paying system.

In the near future plans of the virtual bank, we see an offering of the standard services. In the process of development we will try to offer unique services, which will appeal to the players of the Entropia Universe of any country in the world.

Our goals and priorities are to serve the community, have satisfied and happy customers, bring more potentials and create more opportunities.

Moneta Bank

Loan Terms: 30 days ~ 8.25% a month

Daily Interest: ~ 0.275%

Last edited:
Moneta Bank

??? 8.25% a MONTH ???

I pitty the fool !!

That interest rate is not even worth a discussion. I can only hope you get ZERO customer's !!

Angel

You should look at interest rate of other banks. They offer loans for 15-25% a YEAR.

So it 1.25-2.08% month.

With such a high interest rate u will have NOT A SINGLE customer !

Every RL bank overs cheaper cradit. So no offense but never will use one of the ingame banks!!!

You should look at interest rate of other banks. They offer loans for 15-25% a YEAR.

So it 1.25-2.08% month.

With such a high interest rate u will have NOT A SINGLE customer !

Might be an idea to check the interest rates of the other banks as both Bank Neverdie and Anshe Bank are now charging the equivalent to 99% APR, which is about 8% per month. So Moneta's in the current ballpark.

Thanks for all your comments.

All in-game banks at the moment work with short term loans – 30 days, so 99% can’t be fully applied in this case, reason we displayed ~8.25% a month. No one is financing a mortgage trough us… ;)

Many items in the bank are priced above TT value, and sometimes very close to the market price. With the introduction of new features and services in Entropia, Moneta Bank will adjust its credit/loan pricing accordingly to the market needs, dynamics and conditions.

Good example to use a bank: Someone is buying a hangar, doesn't have enough peds and over the monthly deposit limit. Gets a loan for a few days, makes a deal, pays off the loan. Done. Everyone is happy :)

Many items in the bank are priced above TT value, and sometimes very close to the market price. With the introduction of new features and services in Entropia, Moneta Bank will adjust its credit/loan pricing accordingly to the market needs, dynamics and conditions.

Interessing.
I still wonder if a bank would take as employe in game a old player to help them with EU economie...
Most people compare directly to IRL economie and are very wrong...

Good example to use a bank: Someone is buying a hangar, doesn't have enough peds and over the monthly deposit limit. Gets a loan for a few days, makes a deal, pays off the loan. Done. Everyone is happy

Why would such a person simply not do this via a bank in the real world, which would be cheaper? True it "may" be slightly slower, however, it's not as though such things are not traded daily. If you have patience you can find anything for sale in this virtual world.
If a person is investing $12K in something and is serious about it, they are bound not to be so rash that they carelessly rush in. They would pace themselves.

Personally i see this whole bank idea as a complete and total flop, and the owners have not thought the viability through carefully enough. ND and Anshe, however, are lucky in the respect that they gain a large enough income from CND and SL already to simply write this off if (and when) it fails. I don't see how the rest have such a privilige however.

This is is the reason most ventures fail though, those persuing them become too optimistic and fail to see flaws that would otherwise scream out at them.

Oh well, i guess i'll just have to wait for time to reveal this...

In the near future plans of the virtual bank, we see an offering of the standard services. In the process of development we will try to offer unique services, which will appeal to the players of the Entropia Universe of any country in the world.

Welcome to Entropia Forum, Moneta Banker. :yay:

I will be interested to see what additional services you will be offering in the future.

Might be an idea to check the interest rates of the other banks as both Bank Neverdie and Anshe Bank are now charging the equivalent to 99% APR, which is about 8% per month. So Moneta's in the current ballpark.

Right I checked it and Argus bank and Anshe bank charge 45%/year, ND and Moneta 99%/year.

It looks like a cartel to me.

Suddenly after VU 2 banks charge 45%/year and two other 99%/year? Im sure there is a deal between bankers.

Right I checked it and Argus bank and Anshe bank charge 45%/year, ND and Moneta 99%/year.

It looks like a cartel to me.

Suddenly after VU 2 banks charge 45%/year and two other 99%/year? Im sure there is a deal between bankers.

The changes were made before the VU and Anshe bank followed ND up to 91% before dropping back down to 45% when the Argus bank didn't move any higher. It isn't very hard for 4 bankers to walk to each others' banks to check their competition.

It is like new players seeing how much sweat is selling for and trying to sell for the same price. Do you regularly visit Twin and PA trading areas to shout "Don't buy sweat from these cartels! They are trying to rip you off by charging the same price!"?

Somehow I doubt it.

No offense, but i would have very much reservations using a payment system of a russian bank. You just live in the wrong country to be an internetbank.

No offense, but i would have very much reservations using a payment system of a russian bank. You just live in the wrong country to be an internetbank.

Better than an American bank i suppose. :silly2::laugh:

Why would such a person simply not do this via a bank in the real world, which would be cheaper?

Just imagine you want to buy a hangar and you lend money from a real bank for 11k$, so let's say about 110k ped (it's the max you want to pay for a hangar).
So you deposit it and bid on that hangar ... 100k, another person bid for 105k, so you bid all your money : 110k, and this another person bid for 115k ped : you missed that hangar.
So now yay ... you've got 110k ped on your account with nothing to do with it really.
And now what you do ? You say your RL bank ... err sorry but i didn't get my hangar, can i give your money back ?

If you take into account the fee for deposit and withdrawl, you'll see you could have gained a lot of money by lending from an ingame bank. And you'd have gained a lot of time too.

And this isn't apply only for hangars but for high priced items too.

I think your impression of Russia is still from "The good old days"...things changed

Maybe, but I guess i'm not the only one who would use ANY other EU based bank over a Russian one..

Maybe, but I guess i'm not the only one who would use ANY other EU based bank over a Russian one..

For someone with a less than squeeky clean past you sure are quick to point fingers without substantiation or fact.

Well MA requires the banks to have ped on card to cover loans, so I dont see how one bank can be any more or less safe than another.

Just cause you tried to scam MA doesn't make you an expert now you know. :laugh:

At least this bank is backed by a RL financial institution. Does anyone even know who, say, jolana kitty bryce really is?

well i would use this russian bank over any of the other banks if they did 10-15% APR.. doesn't really matter where the real bank is since its still tied to the rules of this universe.

this 45-99% shit just stinks bad.

i did use anshe bank about 3 times before she hiked up her prices but no more.

Please keep the following forum rules in mind:

Rule # 5
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the admins or moderators. It is important to keep in mind that EntropiaForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior in one country may not be acceptable in another. Common politeness, courtesy and constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

Rule # 16
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT acceptable or appropriate for this forum. EntropiaForum is a global community with players from around the world, so discussion of such topics has the potential to turn threads into battlegrounds and divide the community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be removed from the forum.

The discussions in this thread pertaining to unfounded and prejudiced generalizations based on nationality have no place on this forum.

As Centech mentioned, all the banks in EntropiaUniverse are loaning PEDs that they have on hand, so there is no way to be scammed. Mindark has provided a very secure platform for these transactions, with both parties protected. Please keep the nationalist and political comments out of this thread and off this forum.

:topic:

lol, omg are you naive !!

too right, things have changed ... My arse !

Angel

I don't know how much your arse changed, but if you say I'm naive, pls back it up with facts why you're saying so

Moneta Bank

I whent to you bank today , and discover your rate was 49% and terms was 15 day ....

Better than an American bank i suppose. :silly2::laugh:

Dont worry about posts of that kind... Americans still believe the war is waging in our coutry (it was completely over 11 yrs ago).
And they built such a fortress of embasy that we are all wondering who are they afraid of :confused: since we are one of the safes places on earth right now - no terorism or all "armed and dangerous" issues.

To stay on topic: nice job, knowing RL institution is interested in EU is really reassuring EU is on the right track. Keep up the good work, you have the best chance to raise up from just being a virtual pawnshop.

I.

Just imagine you want to buy a hangar and you lend money from a real bank for 11k$, so let's say about 110k ped (it's the max you want to pay for a hangar).
So you deposit it and bid on that hangar ... 100k, another person bid for 105k, so you bid all your money : 110k, and this another person bid for 115k ped : you missed that hangar.
So now yay ... you've got 110k ped on your account with nothing to do with it really.
And now what you do ? You say your RL bank ... err sorry but i didn't get my hangar, can i give your money back ?

If you take into account the fee for deposit and withdrawl, you'll see you could have gained a lot of money by lending from an ingame bank. And you'd have gained a lot of time too.

And this isn't apply only for hangars but for high priced items too.

Since when have any high end items ever had much success via the in-game auction?
The way everything has been working for quite some time in this market is pretty simple. People use the trading section of EF, or discuss prices in-game face to face. It takes a pretty foolish person to take out a loan BEFORE they have secured the deal. If your that impatient, why not just give your money to me, because your going to throw it away anyway.
I for one, used a loan to purchase my hangar, and i waited until AFTER i had secured a deal to take out the loan.
Accept it, these banks introduce nothing new.

Dont worry about posts of that kind...

Not sure what you meant by that, but i was reffering to the fact that the strength of their currency has been declining for the past few years; it was nothing racist.

As i said though, i'm unsure what you meant, so perhaps you weren't implying that.

EDIT: 711, i know that your simply moderating and trying to avoid any unneccesary arguments or hardships, but its relevant in this case. They are discussing the past financial situation of a country in which at one point had a currency weaker than the PED. They are right to be wary of all of the banks, their RL owners and that countries financial past and present. It's hardly racist to say that if a Romanian bank came into PE/EU i would avoid it like the plague, due to the overwhelming number of scammers which emminated from there in our past, resulting it in the first entire country to be banned.

Last edited:
Since when have any high end items ever had much success via the in-game auction?

You should look better at the auction, there are. And i wasn't talking about high end items only. But for items worth 10k+

And my example works for PVP trades or forum trades too anyway. What if the seller changes his mind at the last moment ? You got stuck with peds too.

Well MA requires the banks to have ped on card to cover loans, so I dont see how one bank can be any more or less safe than another.

Just cause you tried to scam MA doesn't make you an expert now you know. :laugh:

At least this bank is backed by a RL financial institution. Does anyone even know who, say, jolana kitty bryce really is?

The ingame "bank" (pawnshop) is secure yes, i'm talking about the real bank. They want to handle all kinds of transactions where creditcards etc are involved..

And oh yeah I'm a big time scammer :scratch2:

You should look better at the auction, there are. And i wasn't talking about high end items only. But for items worth 10k+

And my example works for PVP trades or forum trades too anyway. What if the seller changes his mind at the last moment ? You got stuck with peds too.

Hardly.
Virtually every single time (bar a few rare occasions) when a Hangar, LA, MM, Chronicle Armour or IMKII or anything of that range is placed in the auction, it receives no bids.

Items with a value of 10K+, but less than 80K are hardly that rare. And even if they are, the beautiful thing about these sorts of items is that they are constantly changing hands. So it's hardly likely for you to end you up in a scenario where you only have one shot to procure one.
Missed your shot at getting a set of jag? Just wait until the next person is selling, or use some initiative and seek out sellers.
It's not hard to find these sorts of items. You won't be stuck with your money when dealing in this price range unless you mean a one of a kind UL version of one of the L guns or the equivalent. But even if this is the case, you should be smarter when taking out the loan then. Who in their right mind takes out the minimum amount on a deal they aren't sure they can secure when others will more than likely offer more?

For example(prices do NOT reflect real values in this example):
*Seller is selling their Shadow set. SB is 60K - BO is 80K
*There are 10 potential buyers.
Question: In this scenario, do you really think it's a smart move to take out a $6K loan?
Answer: No
Best option: If this is the cheapest deal available, take out a $9K loan and use the excess to sweeten the deal. Whatever is left is yours to play around with. Or better yet, the excess can be simply used to pay off the loan for a few months.
Alternatively: If you can't possibly afford or don't have the credit history for a higher loan, you have a few options:
1. Wait until the market price drops on these items and you find a cheaper set that you can use the above tactic on. (i.e. market at 50K).
2. Seriously reconsider wanting this item, rather, go for the next best thing. (in this example, angel)
3. Don't buy it at all. If there's a chance that your going to be hurting your RL finances over what is essentially a game, don't do it.

Your example has one major flaw in it. People have a reputation to protect here, and because of this, they don't back down on their word. If they do, they are pretty much hounded by the rest of the community, and most of us pride ourselves on our clean name. Jeopardizing this over a fast buck is foolish.
Secondly, it would take a pretty spineless person to agree on a price; then allow a person to go ahead and take out a loan, only to turn around and say, "sorry, you've just cost yourself x number of interest for nothing because i can't be bothered selling this anymore". In the above described community, that's the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle in the mouth of a lion and flicking his love spuds with a wet towel. As proof of this sense of honor, just look at the disclaimer on many sales threads, "i hold the right to extend the auction time or withdraw my offers at any time". If people were as snide to cancel on you without a care for what you have gone through to receive the promised item, they wouldn't feel obliged to place such a thing down to protect their names.

Sorry about the long post, it's an annoying habit.:ahh:

Back