where are the promised footguards?

Thats plain BS

I can do falx solo and even fap my way out of it with HL6 and Jaguar+5b on me - I didnt do that, as I required an jaguar or better footguard, didnt want to do total uber mobs like falx - max was hogglo

So as stated earleir I sure as hell tried every aspect of looting footguards, solo..

Since Im "I loot what I need" type of guy, that lives from the land and not reselling my loots unless I don't need them - I wouldn't have hunted for things I didnt need.

When hispidus, ambu and so forth were dropping (seemed it was when jag also dropped), I was constantly doing troxs and neconus.

Madman and my soc sure knows how many hrs a day I spent on uber, medium and tiny trox... Without any drops - thats at least 100hrs spent alone hunting trox...

First of all, you should be one of the last ones complaining. :silly2:

Recently you looted many times more peds than necessary to buy jag foot guards. And that's what Avery is saying, sometimes you have to take an indirect route to get what you want. You didn't make a huge farm irl so you can eat, did you? No, you worked another job, got a reward (money) and traded that for food...

but any team of 3 people with ML-35s or similar could have made an easy 5K PED each of markup on Boar shoes alone.

LOL, we all have ML-35s to play around with - get real Avery, you might be smart, Uber and have all the equipment, but i bet the majority dont, and dont even come close to even seeing an ML-35. Once again , the little man has been screwed over by MA.............:mad:

I'm sorry but this just drives me nuts. There's been incessant whining about this from day 1 of VU 9.0.

Maybe I'm in the fortunate position of being able to solo most mobs ingame, but I didn't spend the 2 months of the VU hunting Atrox for the Jag feet I needed, or Bristles for my Gremlin, etc. I picked mobs I knew were dropping feet, and sold those for way way way more than I needed for all my sets of armour. I even budgeted for PoE, but luckily I didn't need to buy those.

IMHO I feel that most people who feel hard done by, just didn't adapt to the situation. Every VU the most important thing is being able to adapt.

(prepares for the flaming and -reps)

I know...I suck...I can'r adapt to killing biger mobs either by buying a mod fap and mod merc...:rolleyes:

Replace "didn't adpat to the situation" with "suck it up and deposit" and it's a go!

We *tried* to adapt without having to depositing, is that so wrong? I'm glad you can see what mobs are dropping feet and hunt them and get feet to sell. I've been hunting drones and warriors, but no nemi or angel. Don't even get me started on how much ammo and time I wasted on trying to get Vigi feet from the fucking Kerbos...

Yeah...stupid me for actually trying to have a goal to loot my feet...what was I thinking? So, now the world can see how unadaptable I am with my 6A plates smacked on my TT shoes. I have pixie and goblin shoes, too...but they aren't much better and last time I checked I have to seell a lot of them to buy vigi feet.

Next time try looking throug the other end of the telescope ;)

I think the problem here is that Avery hasn't played from our perspectives in such a long time, he can't comprehend how hard it is in todays VU.

Avery, you can use almost any weapon in this game with an amazing economy due to your skills, you have also an amazing amount of dodge/evade which also gains you a higher economy, and if I'm not mistaken you ALSO have a mod fap, and enough health that it takes almost 3 clicks to replace it all!

Now remove all of that. Drop your evade down to ~2k points. Below 5k HG, Rifle or any other weapon skill. Have only ~120 hp, and your best fap is an ek2600.

THEN tell me that you still consistently profit. You'll find it's not quite that easy with such "newbie" skills & gear.

Good points made by other people, when was the last ML-35 looted, anyway? I know whole SOCS who hunt those mobs literally 24/7, and they haven't seen one drop in over a year!
As for the "hunt the mobs that were dropping the shoes", that only worked for one of my socm8s. He went and hunted Hispudus right after the first pair of viking was dropped, and on his third kill he looted a M pair. He also looted another pair on his way out of the LA, which he sold for ~350 I think.
My soc teamed up and went out after hogglos the SAME day that the shadow foot guards were being "dropped by the dozens". We got a handful of globals, and killed 100+ hogglos. Not a single set of shadow fg's.

Sure, many of us could have simply coughed up the cash/ped to buy the footguards - but if you ONLY bought your gear, what incentive would there be to hunting now? The biggest draw for me in April of last year was that I could loot my armor/weapon/fap from mobs that I could work up to hunting. Now all I get is more lube for MA to use on me :(.

I spent 90% of VU9.0 hunting footguard-dropping mobs (Atrox/Neconu/Hogglo/Falx/Allophyll mostly), and only recieved 2 footguard drops, Grem from Bristle, and Vigi from Kerboros. Don't tell me I didn't try hard enough to loot them, cos I sure as hell did...but not even a sniff of anything worthwhile. Didn't loot anything that would have paid for Jag or Tiger feet that's for sure (except for my HOF the day before the VU, when prices had already risen to levels that wouldn't have made it worthwhile to buy them).

Do you mind share info, how one can see from a mob if it is dropping feets or not? You must be only one who can see that. And now when you know it, don't be surprised that other ppl have real difficulties to get those &%"¤#& feets. Luck is not an adaptation issue.

And I think everyone who has been in EU over 5 VUs, and still is here, have "adapted" well. But all ppl don't eat every bit of sh** which is offered.

Ohh Wormie, thats harsh.. come here for a good ass whippin' :love:

;)

I think he meant for example trox may drop Jag feet, not ''that trox over there, that one, 3rd from the left'

:laugh:

Reactions: P-J
I think he meant for example trox may drop Jag feet, not ''that trox over there, that one, 3rd from the left'

Listen I looted that trox over there 3rd from the left, the one on its right and it's mate just for good measure - over 1000 times (most of which were old to Alpha) - I didn't even get a sniff of a slightly used Jag footguard let alone a nice shiny pair. Oh and the loot was a lot worse than normal.

Not that I am grumbling or anything :D

Lets rephrase it as 'trox may in your wildest dreams drop Jag feet' as in ' you have slightly more chance of looting jag footguards from a trox if you hunt them rather than stand in PA chatting, but only slightly more chance'.

Not that I am bitter or anything :D

All the mid-level players who scraped together enough peds to buy a really nice armour set got a very unpleasant surprise this time around.

Not that I am upset with MA or anything for ruining my set of armour :D

Listen I looted that trox over there 3rd from the left, the one on its right and it's mate just for good measure - over 1000 times (most of which were old to Alpha) - I didn't even get a sniff of a slightly used Jag footguard let alone a nice shiny pair. Oh and the loot was a lot worse than normal.

Not that I am grumbling or anything :D

Lets rephrase it as 'trox may in your wildest dreams drop Jag feet' as in ' you have slightly more chance of looting jag footguards from a trox if you hunt them rather than stand in PA chatting, but only slightly more chance'.

Not that I am bitter or anything :D

All the mid-level players who scraped together enough peds to buy a really nice armour set got a very unpleasant surprise this time around.

Not that I am upset with MA or anything for ruining my set of armour :D

I hear ya, I SO hear ya.

I hunted Trox and Warriors untill I was pig sick at the sight of them :mad:

Do I have shoes for my Jag and Angel?

Yes, loads lol ......... Na just kidding :laugh:

Not a single pair of what I need.

To rub salt in the wound, any given mob that got in my way, I looted some, so ended up with FU&KING Pixie and Nemises.. Bahh!!

*sniff* :(

Nice to have a good moan :silly2:

I looted like 5 pairs of Bears , and one jaguar boots,

After all these years of playing , I knew enough not to really go out looking for foot guards and just hunt my usual assortment of mobs; I also knew not really to pay any attention to the statement Marco made because I knew in my heart that is not how MA ever did business.

I looted like 5 pairs of Bears , and one jaguar boots, other boots like pixie and shogun but don’t keep track of that lower kind of armor; all boots I did not need but that is usually how it works within PE / EU since I started playing you hardly ever loot the things you need, but do seem to loot things you can sell, and if you get enough of the middle gear they will pay for the big armor part you will need. (hopefully)

I was having a discussion with a society m8 of mine and told him that he would have to be really lucky trying to solo spiders to get his eon boots, and that it would pay to hunt for mid level gear then use those peds to buy .

Avery makes it seem like its all dandy with the foot guards situation, I having nothing against him but I see my wallet is 19,0000 peds less for eon foot guards, and even with a society discount on shadow boots for 8,0000 peds (I did not have to pay market price for the boots) we still talking a lot of real cash that probably be better off buying my niece something for Christmas .

So because of these boots being added into game the cost is 27,0000 peds and I’m not counting what was spend on Nemesis, Gremlin, or other cheaper armor sets I have in game.

There is a saying : Don’t threw good money after bad!

... I also knew not really to pay any attention to the statement Marco made because I knew in my heart that is not how MA ever did business...

Exactly.

:yay: I know how I can get the peds I need for re-completing my nine armor sets! --
Whenever MArco says something, make 1000-ped bets with the fanbois that it won't happen. I'll be rich.

It's a shame MA HAVEN'T LEARNED A FUCKING THING about their playerbase.

Well maybe they did: They learned that the majority have chronic Battered-Wife Syndrome.

The rest can just go play something else if they don't like the abuse.

Broomstick and Sandpaper?? ooo! OOO! let's PLAYYY! :rolleyes:

so far so good!

I see 95% agreement here from player's side. let's move it closer to 99% shall we.

J.

Thats plain BS

I can do falx solo and even fap my way out of it with HL6 and Jaguar+5b on me - I didnt do that, as I required an jaguar or better footguard, didnt want to do total uber mobs like falx - max was hogglo

So as stated earleir I sure as hell tried every aspect of looting footguards, solo..

Since Im "I loot what I need" type of guy, that lives from the land and not reselling my loots unless I don't need them - I wouldn't have hunted for things I didnt need.
When hispidus, ambu and so forth were dropping (seemed it was when jag also dropped), I was constantly doing troxs and neconus.

Madman and my soc sure knows how many hrs a day I spent on uber, medium and tiny trox... Without any drops - thats at least 100hrs spent alone hunting trox...

Like i said in many other threads i dont think MA handled this one very well at all, no need to get into that again, but Buzz, you have gotta know by now that i you hunt excessively for something in particular you can be pretty sure youll never get it... Hunting for a part you need instead of going for something you usually do good @ just doesnt work anymore, even 4 years ago you were insanely lucky if you looted an ml35 to use another example in thread, and it was usually not the sucker that camped trax hard for 3 months, it was someone passing by @the time of day you were sleeping in your bed or working ;)

Oh and i agree with Avery, read his posts again and try not to read them with the "haha i got what i wanted your all stupid for not doing the same" attitude, instead read them for what they are, a good suggestion as to what you could do next VU to have the best possibilities.

Its ok to be pissed @footguards ofc, like i said earlier i sure as hell dont agree with especially the time we got to complete our sets, but it doesnt hurt to do the smart thing ingame while youre being pissed, it is possible to do both...

Btw i looted 4 sets of boar, 2 sets of bear and a set of (very lucky) jaguar footguards, i dont own uber armor, i use an (L) fap and an imp28 i borrowed, besides the pricetag on imp28 being kinda steep due to its economy and lack of other choices its hardly the best way to hunt big trox, falx and seg.
Besides everything ingame is possible to do in team, so you dont own an ml35 and dont have 2 friends with one either? Gather 5 people with EP41 and bravos, descent armor, tpchips for the deaths that will happen from time to time and have a blast, you would be surprised how easy it is if you havent done big trox/falx/seg or similar before...

Oh and as for personal reference? I was stupid myself after VU, i knew what to do to make some money but i still played on like i usually do after looting a few lucky sets of feet to pay for some of the ones i needed. And btw dont give me the "i dont hunt for stuff i can sell for markup since i dont want to take advantage of people" bs, i really really dont see anyone ingame pushing things under market value if they get a few lucky loots... Thats human nature and nothing wrong with it.

*guess ill take some flaming as well, ill take mine well done though please ;)*

oh and btw thats a "yes" on MA handling it poorly Lugzan, if that wasnt clear :)

Last edited:
I hear ya, I SO hear ya.

I hunted Trox and Warriors untill I was pig sick at the sight of them :mad:

Amen sister! You and me both, but I finally took a break from them and just went and bought bear footies when the price dropped a little. I will no doubt return to the warriors just to see if miracles still happen, but once my friend Al got his angel boots after a few days hunting I must admit I was pretty fed up with spending hours and hours and peds out the bazooka and not getting the angel I wanted, as I understood from MA that boot drops would not be of the same rarity as other angel bits for now.

After all these years of playing , I knew enough not to really go out looking for foot guards and just hunt my usual assortment of mobs; I also knew not really to pay any attention to the statement Marco made because I knew in my heart that is not how MA ever did business.

Amen to you too Nicole! Seems the best bet is to always remember that last line, just ignore what MA says and go with what you already know from past experience, cause the two are rarely the same.

Oh Avery, you know I love you, and I understand what you are saying, but I honestly don't think your experiences (and that of other ubers) bears any relation at all to what the majority of us peons experience no matter how hard we try ;) Good luck in vegas, wanna drop a few quid bets in my name? :laugh:

I adapted, tried all mobs that drops feet up to shadow and solo killed minimum 500 of each of those, 500 hogglos (...)

Maybe a more "indirect" adaption would have helped more? Let me explain:

Even if loot probability increased a lot in 9.0, shadow was (and remains) rare as hell. So, instead of waiting for the lucky hit of a very seldom loot that maybe even doesnt drop for u, why not going out to hunt for less seldom loot and sell it for enough, to finally buy the thing ur actually looking for?

In particular: why not to hunt segs and loot dozens of bear footies, or falx and loot a couple of boar, and sell them and collect the peds - to finally buy the shadow footies?

And btw: 500 hogs is about 3000 peds ammo is about 6 hours hunting, right?

Buck.

Maybe a more "indirect" adaption would have helped more? Let me explain:

Even if loot probability increased a lot in 9.0, shadow was (and remains) rare as hell. So, instead of waiting for the lucky hit of a very seldom loot that maybe even doesnt drop for u, why not going out to hunt for less seldom loot and sell it for enough, to finally buy the thing ur actually looking for?

In particular: why not to hunt segs and loot dozens of bear footies, or falx and loot a couple of boar, and sell them and collect the peds - to finally buy the shadow footies?

And btw: 500 hogs is about 3000 peds ammo is about 6 hours hunting, right?

Buck.

You are right, Buck... As is Optima, Avery, etc. A good way to go about it is to try to loot the more common foot guards and use the profits from them to get the rare ones. However, the point is that we shouldn't have even been put in that situation in the first place. They expanded armor sets instead of modifying them. They could have easily took all shins and split them into shins and feet. No need to get into this again though... Lets just express our distaste for this decision and see if MA can give an explanation or at least some sort of resolution on the issue.

I also must say that I am impressed with some of MA's decisions as of late. If they would just link up their communication with their production people would be much happier. As players we have to step back and understand that they are only human and there isn't just one person making all of the decisions. It is a group effort on their part to try and make everyone happy. So players, keep complaining when you think a change was a bad decision. MA, please try to communicate with us more. You don't have to give away VU secrets or info that would be speculative for investments... Just let us know that you are listening and we aren't just another credit card in your database.

You are right, Buck... As is Optima, Avery, etc. A good way to go about it is to try to loot the more common foot guards and use the profits from them to get the rare ones.

Now u use different words, TRY to loot etc. And my point was/is that even a lot of ppl were TRYING to get (any) foot guards, they didn't get any. Like me, I loot usually 1 armor part per month (not counting TT-worth pcs.). I can't do like u say coz I never get any good loots (atleast within last 14 months), I don't have the luck (in looting). 99% of my loot is TT-crap. 1% is gazzurdite.

Ohh Wormie, thats harsh.. come here for a good ass whippin' :love:

;)

I know what he said but he didn't catch my sarcasm. And me and others telling that they didn't get any "shoes" despite spending hours and hours killing those mobs which were known to drop'em.

And dear DJ, I'm ready :flip::whip: my whip or yours? :yay:

This has undoubtedly been the single best VU ever for looting items. I don't understand why more people didn't take advantage of it. I can understand people at a certain level would battle to kill most of the mobs that dropped tons of shoes; but any team of 3 people with ML-35s or similar could have made an easy 5K PED each of markup on Boar shoes alone.

For some I am sure looting was great, for the majority it seems... not so much. I am sure the "upper class" of EU has no problem gathering 3 people with ML-35's. Again, not so much for the middle / lower class. As far as the markup on the Boar feet... That is what made a bad situation so much worse. Too many people were taking advantage of the situation we were all in. Every player (except the PoE owners which got the feet for free and I agree that they should have btw) needed to get footguards. It appeared as if once someone got their footguards it was a case of "I've got mine! Sucks to be you... and now you are gonna pay for it!" Suddenly the desparation to aquire this new armor piece was forgotten. I have always said, it is not a question of if you could get a high markup for them, it is a question of SHOULD you.

Also, if you got a Falx team together early, you would have been able to sell the first few pairs for 1k+, even 1.5k+. And believe me, they were dropping a lot. With not that many people hunting Falx, they still dropped around 200 pairs.

Falx are uber mobs... designed for the upper class. I had Boar armor. Since I will probably never be able to kill a Falx I saw the writing on the wall and switch armor sets. I addressed the markup earlier.

And Wormie, you could just check auction history on items in auction to learn which shoes are dropping the most.

Even without my Shadow and Angel loots (those are lucky drops IMO), I could have paid for shoes for all my armour sets, and still had way more than enough for paying for PoE if MA had made another decision of what to do with them.

I think it is great that you were successful, I really do! Gratz for all that. For the vast majority that luck was not realized.

There were very many opportunities this VU for everyone. Ambu had a few days of dropping a lot of Tbird, Hispis dropping Viking, etc. Even Gremlin Shoes off Bristles. If you watched things carefully enough and hunted them intensely when they started dropping them regularly, you could have made a packet.

I think the opportunity missed was for the community to come together and trade these armor parts for REASONABLE prices. MA probably looked at this as an experiment to see how we as a group would react. We showed them that while we complain loudly about an unpopular change, we will not actually do anything to tip the scales back in our favor. We all lost 1/7 of our protection. Some fortunate players were able to gain that back rather quickly. The ones that were not so fortunate got screwed by MA and again got screwed by the ones that looted these armor parts. Basically, MA now has evidence that while we make numerous threads about strikes and protests we are pretty much full of sh*t - nothing will ever come of it. They can now introduce neck guards next month and while there will be threads about the injustice of MA to take away protection again, the greater injustice will happen within EU by the resellers and fortunate few that loot those parts.

DISCLAIMER: I don't for one second imply that this was handled perfectly. I think MA should only made Shoes necessary around 9.3. That would have given people ample time for acquiring their shoes.

It was not handled correctly by MA, but there is plenty of blame within the player base too.

That is true, but what I stay still stands. Every VU provides changes that almost anyone can profit from. It doesn't always require good skills or uber gear. I just don't think people look hard enough as to how they can make profit from the changes MA makes. One often has to react quickly to a number of changes though.

I understand some people are upset about Shoes, and in some cases understandly so. It's just there usually is a solution; and the whole idea behind PE is to find those solutions for ourselves ;) That is the crux of what makes people successful.

Again, the mention of profit. In this case however, I feel it is profitting at the expense of others - price gouging, whatever you want to call it. It is no different than charging $5 for a bottle of water after a hurricane rips through your town. We had a chance to find the solution within ourselves, but the fortunate upper class did not think about the plural form, they thought singularly - not ourselves, but "myself".

Just my opinion of course... certainly this foot guard issue has changed how I view the community, particularly the names I saw (and wrote down) posting footguards in the auction for totally rediculous prices. I guess it is my own fault for starting to play too late, not having the required skills and equipment, and not being willing to pay whatever it took to "make me successful".

I think the problem here is that Avery hasn't played from our perspectives in such a long time, he can't comprehend how hard it is in todays VU.

I agree with this - I was not intending to flame you Avery - not at all. Just posting the point of view from the lower class looking up. It is now, and will forever be, a case of the "haves" and the "have-nots". We simply cannot compete with the upper class for the good loots and items. We instead must be willing to deposit huge sums to bridge that gap.

For some I am sure looting was great, for the majority it seems... not so much. I am sure the "upper class" of EU has no problem gathering 3 people with ML-35's. Again, not so much for the middle / lower class. As far as the markup on the Boar feet... That is what made a bad situation so much worse. Too many people were taking advantage of the situation we were all in. Every player (except the PoE owners which got the feet for free and I agree that they should have btw) needed to get footguards. It appeared as if once someone got their footguards it was a case of "I've got mine! Sucks to be you... and now you are gonna pay for it!" Suddenly the desparation to aquire this new armor piece was forgotten. I have always said, it is not a question of if you could get a high markup for them, it is a question of SHOULD you.

Falx are uber mobs... designed for the upper class. I had Boar armor. Since I will probably never be able to kill a Falx I saw the writing on the wall and switch armor sets. I addressed the markup earlier.

I think it is great that you were successful, I really do! Gratz for all that. For the vast majority that luck was not realized.

I think the opportunity missed was for the community to come together and trade these armor parts for REASONABLE prices. MA probably looked at this as an experiment to see how we as a group would react. We showed them that while we complain loudly about an unpopular change, we will not actually do anything to tip the scales back in our favor. We all lost 1/7 of our protection. Some fortunate players were able to gain that back rather quickly. The ones that were not so fortunate got screwed by MA and again got screwed by the ones that looted these armor parts. Basically, MA now has evidence that while we make numerous threads about strikes and protests we are pretty much full of sh*t - nothing will ever come of it. They can now introduce neck guards next month and while there will be threads about the injustice of MA to take away protection again, the greater injustice will happen within EU by the resellers and fortunate few that loot those parts.

It was not handled correctly by MA, but there is plenty of blame within the player base too.

Again, the mention of profit. In this case however, I feel it is profitting at the expense of others - price gouging, whatever you want to call it. It is no different than charging $5 for a bottle of water after a hurricane rips through your town. We had a chance to find the solution within ourselves, but the fortunate upper class did not think about the plural form, they thought singularly - not ourselves, but "myself".

Just my opinion of course... certainly this foot guard issue has changed how I view the community, particularly the names I saw (and wrote down) posting footguards in the auction for totally rediculous prices. I guess it is my own fault for starting to play too late, not having the required skills and equipment, and not being willing to pay whatever it took to "make me successful".

I agree with this - I was not intending to flame you Avery - not at all. Just posting the point of view from the lower class looking up. It is now, and will forever be, a case of the "haves" and the "have-nots". We simply cannot compete with the upper class for the good loots and items. We instead must be willing to deposit huge sums to bridge that gap.

Let me get this straight... You got surprised that this time people wanted as much as possible for the parts they looted? Supply and demand is the same on these as anything else ingame, if MA dont drop enough (+ in this case force people to have to get these parts faster than could be desired=main problem imo) they will cost "alot more than tt".

If you looted eon arms tomorrow im pretty sure you wouldnt put them in auction for +2k, yet there are alot of people with eon that dont have the arms since very few were ever dropped compared to other parts (extreme example i know), how is that different since they also "need" this part?
And how do you propose to distribute the footguards? If someone loots 5 sets they should sell them cheap to 5 different people that then are free to do whatever (i.e. resell them for profit or keep)?
I like your idea i really do, and in a perfect world communism would probably also work... But were talking humans here, there is no such thing as perfect when it comes to homo sapiens. ;)
So please, blame MA for this all you want, but blaming players for how the game/economy (and the rl world as well btw) works (and has worked since PE/EU started) might be a little misguided in an RCE "universe"...
I.e. if youre disillusioned by this you didnt really have a big clue on what was going on economywise ingame in the first place, people are nicer and help eachother out more than any other game ive ever seen, but giving away money they do just as little as you see people handing out bills on streetcorners irl)...

(above post goes towards how the market works only ofc and is in no way related to the way MA handeled the bringing of footguards ingame, merely answering Raynes "attack" on the playerbase which i highly disagree with)

And then there's me who agrees w/ both sides. :D

Yes, if you were able to loot high-cost foot guards and sell them in order to be able to afford your own foot guards, great.

However, the fact still remains that the drop rate of many foot guards was woefully inadequate. (either that or someone's playing an Imelda Marcos ava and collecting tons of them)

You couldn't run a beacon run without gathering 20 pairs of gnome shoes. Every 3rd exo dropped pixie in your lap. But hunting bristle and molisk brought barely a sniff of grem/shogun.

The Chosen Few hunted these and others. With about 7 of us hunting quite regularly, we gathered a total of about 6 grem and 1 shogun shoes. Yes I looted a (F) set of grem :rolleyes: I also admit my mistake of not buying a (M) grem when my soc mate was selling them, but I didn't (and don't) want to pay +50 for them.

So, 7 of us looted 7 shoes, but many of us have both grem and shogun. Kobold shoes? Ha! And don't get me started about the price of crafted shoes. :(

Any way you slice it, we didn't come any where close to gathering enough shoes to cover all of us.

And looking in the auction, I'm not seeing a huge amount of offers, unless you really like vampire. (wtf?)

So, you looted high value boots and were able to buy the ones you wanted. That's great. I tried and failed, but that's my fault.

However, for you to have bought them means that someone looted them, and the drops simply didn't were not adequate.

(That and I suck at looting anything nice) :(

And then there's me who agrees w/ both sides. :D

Yes, if you were able to loot high-cost foot guards and sell them in order to be able to afford your own foot guards, great.

However, the fact still remains that the drop rate of many foot guards was woefully inadequate. (either that or someone's playing an Imelda Marcos ava and collecting tons of them)

You couldn't run a beacon run without gathering 20 pairs of gnome shoes. Every 3rd exo dropped pixie in your lap. But hunting bristle and molisk brought barely a sniff of grem/shogun.

The Chosen Few hunted these and others. With about 7 of us hunting quite regularly, we gathered a total of about 6 grem and 1 shogun shoes. Yes I looted a (F) set of grem :rolleyes: I also admit my mistake of not buying a (M) grem when my soc mate was selling them, but I didn't (and don't) want to pay +50 for them.

So, 7 of us looted 7 shoes, but many of us have both grem and shogun. Kobold shoes? Ha! And don't get me started about the price of crafted shoes. :(

Any way you slice it, we didn't come any where close to gathering enough shoes to cover all of us.

And looking in the auction, I'm not seeing a huge amount of offers, unless you really like vampire. (wtf?)

So, you looted high value boots and were able to buy the ones you wanted. That's great. I tried and failed, but that's my fault.

However, for you to have bought them means that someone looted them, and the drops simply didn't were not adequate.

(That and I suck at looting anything nice) :(

Actually i dont think you disagree with anyone in this thread, i doubt anyone will say enough shoes dropped for all, i doubt anyone will say that all "could just loot something else", those were simply suggestions on what to do instead of going apeshit on one single mob then be pissed when you couldnt loot a certain set of shoes + the thread is about MA claiming "enough" (whatever the hell that means) shoes would drop before people needed them, which unless someones hiding an awful lot of them, for sure seems wrong...

Actually i dont think you disagree with anyone in this thread.

Actually, Optima, I was agreeing w/ both sides, not disagreeing. :) Sorry if I was unclear about that.

Actually, Optima, I was agreeing w/ both sides, not disagreeing. :) Sorry if I was unclear about that.

:ahh: my bad... didnt see that statement early in your post, guess i misunderstood the rest of it ;) sorry

the thread is about MA claiming "enough" (whatever the hell that means) shoes would drop before people needed them, which unless someones hiding an awful lot of them, for sure seems wrong...

This is exactly what we should be discussing. MA said "enough" shoes would drop. If enough shoes did not drop, MA is at fault for estimating wrong or assuming incorrectly (or lying?). If enough did drop but they are being hoarded by a small number of people, then MA is still at fault for letting people hold the foot guards hostage from a large number of people who need them. Either way it seems 99% of the people are not only upset about the outcome, but genuinely think it is unfair.

Marco, I know you read a lot but don't reply much, but could we get an explanation on why the foot guard situation was planned as such? Even if it is just "It was in Mindark's best interest to do it in this way to maximize revenue", it would be sufficient. I mean, if MA did it to make themselves more money then at least tell us. We can't really argue with that. If that is the case though and you are hiding it then it looks really shady and unprofessional on your part. I think we at least deserve an explanation. We have been very patient, so could you please comment?

Let me get this straight... You got surprised that this time people wanted as much as possible for the parts they looted? Supply and demand is the same on these as anything else ingame, if MA dont drop enough (+ in this case force people to have to get these parts faster than could be desired=main problem imo) they will cost "alot more than tt".

If you looted eon arms tomorrow im pretty sure you wouldnt put them in auction for +2k, yet there are alot of people with eon that dont have the arms since very few were ever dropped compared to other parts (extreme example i know), how is that different since they also "need" this part?
And how do you propose to distribute the footguards? If someone loots 5 sets they should sell them cheap to 5 different people that then are free to do whatever (i.e. resell them for profit or keep)?

Not even close to a good comparison... if after 5 years they suddenly introduced the need for armguards then we would indeed all be in the same boat. They introduced footguards... not arms. That is my point. Footguards are something we all needed with the introduction of 9.0 - not an uber item that has been around for years. To answer you - yes I would indeed sell Eon arms for the highest I could get, just like I would with a Adj DOA Rockjacker or whatever the hell you want to put in there.

I like your idea i really do, and in a perfect world communism would probably also work... But were talking humans here, there is no such thing as perfect when it comes to homo sapiens. ;)
So please, blame MA for this all you want, but blaming players for how the game/economy (and the rl world as well btw) works (and has worked since PE/EU started) might be a little misguided in an RCE "universe"...
I.e. if youre disillusioned by this you didnt really have a big clue on what was going on economywise ingame in the first place, people are nicer and help eachother out more than any other game ive ever seen, but giving away money they do just as little as you see people handing out bills on streetcorners irl)...

(above post goes towards how the market works only ofc and is in no way related to the way MA handeled the bringing of footguards ingame, merely answering Raynes "attack" on the playerbase which i highly disagree with)

C'mon... misguided? disillusioned? I guess you think I am 12 or something...

All I am saying is this: MA created a bad situation for us all. Certain players took advantage of that. Simple. If that is being misguided then so be it. I guess I should become a reseller so I can suddenly become "guided".

is it too much to ask all of you who care to send a support case with link to this thread? maybe they even do not see the issue... :scratch2:

well, I did send it already but maybe more voices are needed through official channel...

J.

Thats plain BS

lol Correct me if I'm wrong...aren't you the guy with like 5 10k+ hofs in a very short period of time? I'd think you'd be last one bitching about loot.

Although I Agree about the lack of footguard drops.

And if you want to know someone that should bitch about it, Starman has like 1k Globals and Hofs posted for that Hunting contest on Hogs and STILL hasn't looted a pair of shadow footguards!

I am 100% sure there isn't anyone with like 10 of them sitting in storage (at least not from looting them).

lol Correct me if I'm wrong...aren't you the guy with like 5 10k+ hofs in a very short period of time? I'd think you'd be last one bitching about loot.

Although I Agree about the lack of footguard drops.

that's a topic on it's own =)

better tell us your opinion, was there or was there not enough footguards in loot as promised and if they were implemented in the very best way towards customers?

J.

Not even close to a good comparison... if after 5 years they suddenly introduced the need for armguards then we would indeed all be in the same boat. They introduced footguards... not arms. That is my point. Footguards are something we all needed with the introduction of 9.0 - not an uber item that has been around for years. To answer you - yes I would indeed sell Eon arms for the highest I could get, just like I would with a Adj DOA Rockjacker or whatever the hell you want to put in there.

C'mon... misguided? disillusioned? I guess you think I am 12 or something...

All I am saying is this: MA created a bad situation for us all. Certain players took advantage of that. Simple. If that is being misguided then so be it. I guess I should become a reseller so I can suddenly become "guided".

My point was that market mechanisms (supply/demand) work how they work regardless of situation, nothing more, nothing less... And nope i didnt mean to offend you, sorry if it came out that way :(
Im merely saying that whether its eon arms, a RJ or some footguards that were forced on us, the looters will try to get max money for them, since thats how it works, regardless if you, me or anyone else likes it or not.
And i dont see that as a bad or good thing, just as a thing that cant be changed.
Always been that way, always will be, and theres absolutely nothing new about it.
You described it as a "test of the community", imo there wasnt one since the only one that can decide prices of these is MA with the droprate they decide on.

Last edited:
I have only got 1 pair of footguard and that was pixie (F) so i can´t use them:(
Hope the drop rate will inprove alot:)

Back