where are the promised footguards?

Let me post something on topic.. Here is my footguard experience.

I've hunted 6 mobs with the intention of looting feet. My avg hunt is about 350ped ammo.

Warriors - Camped about 3 days and got the Angel M feet I needed.
Hoggs - Have hunted a good 80% of my time since VU9. No feet.
Kerberos - Have done about 3 hunts. Got vigi F.
SEGs - Done about 5 hunts on them, looted 1 x bear F.
Falx - Done 2 hunts on them. Looted 1 x boar M.
Bristle - Hunted for hours and lost more ped than it would have cost to just buy the gremlin feet I didn't loot.

I adapted.. +400 buyout on auction for UL ghost feet..:rolleyes: Way too high a price but at least it is not an issue for me anymore :D

Oh and Stormer, like usually you and your soc take every chance to try to annoy AoW members, not gonna answer that this time either, since youre not answering or asking a question, youre using Averys post to make your own statement.
My comfort is people with any brains wont have any problems seeing through it though. Mind not taking this post anymore offtopic than it already is and just go back to insulting me and AoW in pm's, IRC and teamnames like you usually do? thx

Oh and Optima, like usually you and your AoW ofc never insult any AD in PM`s, teamnames, even writeing supportcases etc bla bla bla..its good to have such great and honest soc in this game :) not many left there is it? ;) Dont tell me more lies now, you and your AoW are not that innocent yourself, we are takeing a lot of crap from you guys (and girls) and does definetly not taking every chance to annoy AoW, i just feel a bit bad for the other ones in AoW that have to take this shit

Show me some insults from me where i insult you..im waiting, as i said before, tell half the story is the AoW-way and its gotdamn true, why cant avery awnser for himself btw? write a PM to him so he can "cut-paste" your text so ppl thinks its actually him who is writeing

Only annoying is that AVERY is whineing when he gets his footguards for free, is that so difficult to understand?

AD stands proud and tall :cool:

FYI: i dont even use IRC, i never send any PMs to any AoW, i dont send supportcases, i dont write teamnames so its impossible to "usually" do that, if you have any problem with any in AD, write to them instead of come to me and whine as usual as you definetly know all this already

Only annoying is that AVERY is whineing when he gets his footguards for free, is that so difficult to understand?

I won't reply to the rest because it is offtopic and your usual lies.

If you actually read the thread you would have seen that I am expressly not whining. I will not respond to your flames anymore as they are completely baseless.

The mind boggles.

I'm sorry but this just drives me nuts. There's been incessant whining about this from day 1 of VU 9.0.

Maybe I'm in the fortunate position of being able to solo most mobs ingame, but I didn't spend the 2 months of the VU hunting Atrox for the Jag feet I needed, or Bristles for my Gremlin, etc. I picked mobs I knew were dropping feet, and sold those for way way way more than I needed for all my sets of armour. I even budgeted for PoE, but luckily I didn't need to buy those.

IMHO I feel that most people who feel hard done by, just didn't adapt to the situation. Every VU the most important thing is being able to adapt.

(prepares for the flaming and -reps)

Just to make one and last time clear, what i was complaining about.
He told here as if the footguards problem was not MA's fault but ours.. we didn't hunt the right mobs and traded them for footguards needed.

Im sorry, Avery, for you having to hear us whine. You maybe right. I should have gone and hunted hogs, falx, aurlis etc. and then sell the uber footgurads to buy ghost. And oh.. i would have profited! Because my gear (see above) IS the way to hunt those mobs.

And Optima. I see your point. But none of us sat drooling behind the screen and did nothing waiting for the footguards to appear in the inventory. It is not our fault.. in any way. This time it was not the matter of skills or knowledge. It was pure luck. And these ppl, who got lucky - don't come here bragging and saying we're doing this all wrong.

Oh and Optima, like usually you and your AoW ofc never insult any AD in PM`s, teamnames, even writeing supportcases etc bla bla bla..its good to have such great and honest soc in this game :) not many left there is it? ;) Dont tell me more lies now, you and your AoW are not that innocent yourself, we are takeing a lot of crap from you guys (and girls) and does definetly not taking every chance to annoy AoW, i just feel a bit bad for the other ones in AoW that have to take this shit

Show me some insults from me where i insult you..im waiting, as i said before, tell half the story is the AoW-way and its gotdamn true, why cant avery awnser for himself btw? write a PM to him so he can "cut-paste" your text so ppl thinks its actually him who is writeing

AD stands proud and tall :cool:

FYI: i dont even use IRC, i never send any PMs to any AoW, i dont send supportcases, i dont write teamnames so its impossible to "usually" do that, if you have any problem with any in AD, write to them instead of come to me and whine as usual as you definetly know all this already

I know i said i wouldnt respond more to this and i wont (will probably get deleted anyways since this is offtopic and sorry to threadstarter about that), ill simply let the siggie you chose speak for itself :)
(Oh and i will send a pm btw, since if what your post claims is true then youre up for a huge surprise on what your socm8's are doing as late as 2 days ago...)
Again sorry to threadstarter, this will be my last post in this thread regardless of what responce to my earlier posts might be.

Let me post something on topic.. Here is my footguard experience.

I've hunted 6 mobs with the intention of looting feet. My avg hunt is about 350ped ammo.

Warriors - Camped about 3 days and got the Angel M feet I needed.
Hoggs - Have hunted a good 80% of my time since VU9. No feet.
Kerberos - Have done about 3 hunts. Got vigi F.
SEGs - Done about 5 hunts on them, looted 1 x bear F.
Falx - Done 2 hunts on them. Looted 1 x boar M.
Bristle - Hunted for hours and lost more ped than it would have cost to just buy the gremlin feet I didn't loot.

Grats for your luck

Wish everyone had that luck :)

And for Stormer's, Avery's and Optima's posts - Im truely glad my soc is just 8-10 people and I can trust them all not to insult and dmg/hurt any other people in insults and such - as rude behaviour will result in instant kick out.

I won't reply to the rest because it is offtopic and your usual lies.

If you actually read the thread you would have seen that I am expressly not whining. I will not respond to your flames anymore as they are completely baseless.

The mind boggles.

Only one who lies here is you

"I'm sorry but this just drives me nuts. There's been incessant whining about this from day 1 of VU 9.0. bla bla" is one of the post you just started dont you remember? i can quote it all if you dont remember it, hard to remember all when youre filled with BS maybe?

why write anything then at all? why suddenly post pics of the transmitter?

I can tell ya, cause you want all to forum to go "awww poor little avery-girl he deserves his footguards so bad"

TT your footguards then if its so easy to get them and stop act like a chicken

I managed to loot Pixie feet. I have never liked the foot guard idea in the first place. Doesn't equipping an extra armor piece create more lag? Aren't we paying for the extra lag, because of some useless crap MA implemented. I wish I could go back to v5.0

How refreshing to see the role-model behaviour between some of the top socs in Entropia :rolleyes:

On-topic: looted grem in 10 mins from Bristles - was lucky, bought the Ghost ULs for +320

Both sides of this Personal Conflict currently going on in this thread, are asked to keep their issues OUT of the public forum, thankyouverymuch.

Or I will have to go Chuck Norris on your ass. We clear? Good.

*waves*
Hi, Skam!
:wave:

:edit:
Uh oh.. Chuck Norris mode w/Skam = Scary! I didn't know they introduced jujitsu combat yet in EU :p

Simply put fellas, MA screwed up. There are NOT enough foot guards for our community. Period. Not the fault of the player who spends thousands and thousands of peds in ammo ALONE hunting a dozen different mobs - WHEN the feet ARE looting - and NOT getting the feet dropped to him, or his team.
Let's get out the torches and pitchforks again, we're headin' to the Balancing Managers office! :yay::laugh:

*waves*
Hi, Skam!
:wave:

:edit:
Uh oh.. Chuck Norris mode w/Skam = Scary! I didn't know they introduced jujitsu combat yet in EU :p

Simply put fellas, MA screwed up. There are NOT enough foot guards for our community. Period. Not the fault of the player who spends thousands and thousands of peds in ammo ALONE hunting a dozen different mobs - WHEN the feet ARE looting - and NOT getting the feet dropped to him, or his team.
Let's get out the torches and pitchforks again, we're headin' to the Balancing Managers office! :yay::laugh:
I strongly believe that Balancing Team lives in their own virtual reality not in touch with our virtual reality.

Last edited:
I strongly believe that Balancing Team lives in their own virtual reality not in touch with our virtual reality.

LOL, they live right next door to the accountant and I am sure if MA thought they were doing something wrong they would of fixed it long before now...so one can only assume they are doing just as they were told to do, just as they always have.

To date I have looted the following foot guards.

Pixie (M) x 3 (Kept 1 gave 2 away to noobs)
Pixie (F) x 1 (Gave to a noob at swamp camp)

Shogun (M) x 1 (Keeping)

Vigilante (F) x 1 (Sold)
Vigilante (M) x 2 (Keeping 1 maybe sell 1)

Guess I'm doing a bit better then most... I bought a pair of Goblin (M) to complete that set. I might sell one pair of the Vigi (M) if anyone needs a pair. PM me.

Edit:12/17/07 I looted ANOTHER pair of Vigi (M) From a Kerbie today :)

Last edited:
cool!

97% say we didn't get the promised footguards. just a reminder - it'd probably have the best influence if everyone sends a supportcase with a link to this thread.

SO, WERE THEY?!?!?!

J.

so, PoE owners got their newly discovered hole in armor fixed automagically (statement here). what about all the others? why do we not deserve the same thing? at least those who had full sets so far. seams kind of reasonable to me that their sets should not just be made incomplete. and it really leaves a big black nothing for the future - will there be more parts introduced in the same manner? not nice I'd say, not nice...

J.

Reactions: P-J
so, PoE owners got their newly discovered hole in armor fixed automagically (statement here). what about all the others? why do we not deserve the same thing? at least those who had full sets so far. seams kind of reasonable to me that their sets should not just be made incomplete. and it really leaves a big black nothing for the future - will there be more parts introduced in the same manner? not nice I'd say, not nice...

J.

Agree - and would have given U +rep for that comment, if I could.. :)

Shame on U MA... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The more I see of these nerfs (axes, shops, skills, loot drops, armour decay, clothes decay etc) and changes to gameplay the more I realise that MA take the 'longview'. I feel that they take a perspective that 'the people who feel upset about these changes will either resign themselves to the changes or leave the game'. Either way MA doesn't have to change or explain anything.

This is the reason why the community interaction is so poor and sporadic - often taking the form of 'firefighting' rather than regular input.

I think this mentality, perhaps, comes from the history of rapid expansion - where for every 'jaded' player that left two new players would join.

The situation is now that most people think that we will hit a recession fairly soon and this RCE market is reasonably mature (there are alternatives out there).

So - in short - should MA actively respond to the community - well I think they should - not just to be 'nice' but as common 'business' sense. However, I think the MA 'mindset' means that they won't respond on this issue. IMO the only two responses to the footguards issue are:

resign yourself the change or leave the game :(

resign yourself the change or leave the game :(

And exactly what I'm considering very very much these days... what I should do and not do...:rolleyes:

And exactly what I'm considering very very much these days... what I should do and not do...:rolleyes:

A lot of people are making the same decision (look at the amount of high level kit for sale atm etc and the great players known on this forum who have recently left or play infrequently).

In some ways I think that MA almost want the mid level players (those who have saved up for or looted higher 'level' armours) to leave. The mid level players remember 'how it was', have skills gathered before the nerfs and form the 'difficult squad' - those who ask difficult questions.

Either way introducing the footguards, having sporadic and slow drops of the armour and not giving them to players who already had reasonably full sets of an armour type hits the mid level player much harder than the new players (who can complete their pixi or goblin).

At least I have saved some money by not been able to hunt since new VU :rolleyes: Since I did not loot any shadow footguards after xxxxxx hogglos, or could find any for sale..

The new VU will cost Nakia and me about 35k....yea...great way to take care of steady high depositing customers MA.. :rolleyes:

At least I have saved some money by not been able to hunt since new VU :rolleyes: Since I did not loot any shadow footguards after xxxxxx hogglos, or could find any for sale..

The new VU will cost Nakia and me about 35k....yea...great way to take care of steady high depositing customers MA.. :rolleyes:

ouch...

plus, I'm kind of sure you got away many times cheaper than some others who have multiple high-end sets... THOSE WERE ALL FULL SETS!!!

and even if it'd have been several times less, it's still kind of a lot...

J.

I feel for you... These past few months happened to be times when I was not able to deposit, which made it nearly impossible to try to loot foot guards effectively. Since I could not hunt much during that time window it pretty much screwed me over for having the chance to loot the ones I need. I still lost hundreds of dollars attempting to loot them though.

I can understand why feet are such an emotive issue, as I have not looted any feet of any type.

Not even pixi.

"

Ditto, same here, NOTHING!

O.K. i am definately not a big depositor (100 peds a week), but during the foot dropping period i have put in more than i have for the rest of the year.
Nothing, not even a pair of pixie.....

I have managed to buy my Gnome from a soc beacon mission, but i still need Pixie, Gremlin, Vigi, Ghost, Goblin, Shogun, Hunter.

And no, my globals won't allow me to buy them, not at the rate of 2 globals in the last 6 months :(

Stinky:yay:

In some ways I think that MA almost want the mid level players (those who have saved up for or looted higher 'level' armours) to leave. The mid level players remember 'how it was', have skills gathered before the nerfs and form the 'difficult squad' - those who ask difficult questions.

Hmm, now what kind of a place would PE be if the majority of the older players (2+years) were not around anymore and were just a bunch of new players that knew little to nothing of the history of around here?

case and point...I wonder how many newer players know that there use to be certain players who illegally duplicated mod faps, and got to keep them. This and a hundred or so other historical facts/realities about this project tend to reveal unpleasant traits about the gate keepers I am sure would be better off if no longer known about.

Im sure there would be a general increase of happiness and joy if there was noone around but new high $ depositors who dont know any better of the history of stains. Or those who have been around long enough to of seen things go from good to bad to worse.

But still, it doesnt really matter as things will continue to go in the direction it has over the last couple years, as long as you keep depositing. Even then I doubt it would matter much if deposits stopped, they have very large plans for the near future and I have the feeling we have been the means of getting there, not the end result. Our backs are but a mere stepping stone for what is to come for the "new generation".

Reactions: P-J
Got footguards but placing them on auction gives Internal Error.
Wonder what MA changed this time. :mad:

Er, didn't you just get about 150k of loot/items from a Chomper not long ago? Not to mention one or two other really nice items before that? And they are not taking care of you?

Er, didn't you just get about 150k of loot/items from a Chomper not long ago? Not to mention one or two other really nice items before that? And they are not taking care of you?

Thats not the point now is it.

The point is they are doing this to all their customers that put alot of money into the game and not just me. Lower armored players will ofc not care if they have to spend 1k on foot guards. But when you have been fighting to get your Shadow or other high end armor complete and then find out that you still have to spend 20k on it, to get it complete once more, thats not fun now is it.

Glad we do not have more than 2 pair shadow armors to get foots for,
even if that is to much allready.

I can't even buy foot guards, cause there is not enough dropping...
Managed to get female, wonder how long I will have to use to finish the armor this time, as I did with the thigh guards..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thats not the point now is it.

The point is they are doing this to all their customers that put alot of money into the game and not just me. Lower armored players will ofc not care if they have to spend 1k on foot guards. But when you have been fighting to get your Shadow or other high end armor complete and then find out that you still have to spend 20k on it, to get it complete once more, thats not fun now is it.

Glad we do not have more than 2 pair shadow armors to get foots for,
even if that is to much allready.

I can't even buy foot guards, cause there is not enough dropping...
Managed to get female, wonder how long I will have to use to finish the armor this time, as I did with the thigh guards..:rolleyes:

Excuse me? Why would lower armored players not care if they have to pay 1k peds on foot guards? Not everyone is made of money you know, 1 k ped is a big deal to a lot of players. I think everyone that owned a full set before the VU should have gotten free foot guards (yes, even pixie).

Back