No more returning items?

But if the items TT'd then that person cant withdraw the 5k ped of its markup :D therefore MA win

No, you are incorrect. Think about it a bit, then get back to me ;)

O, I had to help you out here, because it's a difficult concept for a lot of entropians to understand.

MA starts with 0 ped.

Player A starts with 0 ped.

Player A puts in 100 ped. MA makes an item (item X) worth 80 ped, player loses 20 ped decay in search of item X, but eventually finds item X, which is worth 80 ped.

Player A says, oh, this item is worth 5000 ped, because I'm the only one that found it.

Player B joins. Player B has 0 ped.

Player B wants item X. Player B deposits 5000 ped because player A wants 5000 ped for item X.

Player B now has 0 ped, but 80 in value of item X. Player A has 5000 ped. MA still only has 20 ped from decay.

Total ped still in system 5080 + 20 ped decay. Total deposited 5100 ped.

Player A withdraws 5000 ped. Total amount of ped in system, 80 ped + 20 ped decay. Total withdrawn 5000 ped.

Player B tt's item X (TT value = 80 ped, duh), and then withdraws 80 ped.

Money left in system, 20 ped (decay).

MA made NOTHING from the item being TTd. They made money from the decay in this example. If you can explain to me how MA makes money from giving a player back ped for an item they gauranteed TT value for, I'd love to hear it.

O, I had to help you out here, because it's a difficult concept for a lot of entropians to understand.

MA starts with 0 ped.

Player A starts with 0 ped.

Player A puts in 100 ped. MA makes an item (item X) worth 80 ped, player loses 20 ped decay in search of item X, but eventually finds item X, which is worth 80 ped.

Player A says, oh, this item is worth 5000 ped, because I'm the only one that found it.

Player B joins. Player B has 0 ped.

Player B wants item X. Player B deposits 5000 ped because player A wants 5000 ped for item X.

Player B now has 0 ped, but 80 in value of item X. Player A has 5000 ped. MA still only has 20 ped from decay.

Total ped still in system 5080 + 20 ped decay. Total deposited 5100 ped.

Player A withdraws 5000 ped. Total amount of ped in system, 80 ped + 20 ped decay. Total withdrawn 5000 ped.

Player B tt's item X (TT value = 80 ped, duh), and then withdraws 80 ped.

Money left in system, 20 ped (decay).

MA made NOTHING from the item being TTd. They made money from the decay in this example. If you can explain to me how MA makes money from giving a player back ped for an item they gauranteed TT value for, I'd love to hear it.

..maybe player B ran into a trox, and lost 0.5PED worth of ammo and decay? :)

I think you should still get the one mistake pass. Sometimes shit happens and usualy right after it does you relize what just happend. Im glad in the past things were returned because some honest, very costly(possably career ending) mistakes have been made.

On the other hand MA gots to draw the line somewhere. I doubt this has came about by ppl doing things just once. I have a suspesion that this has came about by the ppl who once a week, once a month "accidently" tt their stuff and it should be tough shit for them. Hope I didnt just jinx myself :(

your right i wasnt thinking too clearly... but i am forum whoring at work so let me off :)

What i meant was that everything in MA is money Movement via markups.

IF someone tt's an amp worth 5k markup thats 5k they have personally lost to the system and therefore that person cant sell the 5k item to someone else and withdraw that 5k.

Obviously someone would have ahd to have bought it for 5k.. which requires depositing or looting that amount.

No item = no potential to withdraw meaning MA makes interest on the money we have tied up in game in their RL bank account.

Its just means that 5kped is more inaccessable so they win

I think you should still get the one mistake pass. Sometimes shit happens and usualy right after it does you relize what just happend. Im glad in the past things were returned because some honest, very costly(possably career ending) mistakes have been made.

On the other hand MA gots to draw the line somewhere. I doubt this has came about by ppl doing things just once. I have a suspesion that this has came about by the ppl who once a week, once a month "accidently" tt their stuff and it should be tough shit for them. Hope I didnt just jinx myself :(

I am sure you are correct.

And with the new interface requiring a double-check and accept, it is now more difficult, if one is paying attention, to accidentally TT items.

I know that I always read the verification before accepting the transaction.
That has saved me losing valuable items several times.

And I know there's a list for a reason, but i'm going to be TTing loads of stuff, and it's gonna be quite annoying (and easily forgotten) to read it all..yes, now you are all gonna shout at me and say that it's worth the effort and that i'm lazy, but referring back to the crashing car analogy, that's why we have car insurance ;)

well, lazyness has its own rewards. looks like you found one :)

being responsible for you own actions is always the best choice. take the time to be sure of what you do so you don't need correction later.

Yep, this is definitely a bad time in EU for me..0.2PED, my amp just got TTed, all my stuff is in red zone, and I was looking forward to partaking in the Longu event this Sunday.
Damn you MA, fix depositing!

Back