Fertilizing Station - Basic Tutorial

Bernz

Stalker
Jos Bernz Bernz
Because many peoples often ask me how much Fertilizer is needed to feed the Mobs, I decieded to share these basic Infos because in fact, you need to own a Land to really know it and I'm sure many peoples ask themself how it work.
I will try to keep it easy to understand. I will show only the "Minimum to Maximum" adjustment. Maybe I will refine my tutorial in the futur but for now, it will give you a good idea.

1- Throw a lot of Energized Fertilizer in the "Fertilizer funnel". This will convert the Energized Fertilizer into "Improvement Points".
20 Energized Fertilizer = 1 Improvement Point.​

2- Go to the Fertilizer terminal and select the DNA you want to modify.
In the upper-right corner you can see the "IP" available and how much you spent once you have begin to modify.

3- There is 2 sliding buttons. One for Quantity and the other for Maturity.
You have the possibility to adjust each one in 10 different settings.

4- You need 20 "IP" to slide the Quantity to the Maximum and 60 "IP" for the Maturity.

5- Click on the little padlock icons to lock your settings. As the Information pop-up say, this will locked your settings as long there are enough "IP" to sustain it.
It will cost 0,4 IP/day to lock the Quantity and 0,6 IP/day for the Maturity.
If you don't lock it, your adjutments will drop with time.

6- Push up or push down the settings cost the same amount of IP.
So, because it cost 60 IP to go from Young to Stalker, it will cost 60 IP if you changed it from Stalker to Young.
You better unlock the padlock and just wait for the wanted adjustment.

To resume:

1 IP = 20 Energized Fertilizer
0,4 IP = 8 Energized Fertilizer
0,6 IP = 12 Energized Fertilizer

- Push Quantity at the Maximum = 20 IP (400 Energized Fertilizer).
- Push Maturity at the Maximum = 60 IP (1200 Energized Fertilizer).
- Push and lock Quantity and Maturity at Maximum for 30 days = 110 IP (2200 Energized Fertilizer).

NOTES:
*After 30 days, 80 IP left but the settings stay locked and the IP will begin to be consumed at the normal rate of 1 IP / day.

*They will not unlock automatically. You have to unlock it yourself if you want to save your IP.

*If you unlock the settings, Quantity and Maturity will drop with time but IP will not be consumed.

*You better add more Energized Fertilizer before it reach 0 IP because it's the adjustment who is expensive. The maintenance is easier to sustain.

Last edited:
I see your Land Area has Trilomites. Such awesome creatures. Often, at night, right before I lay my weary head to rest, I pray to Lootius that he'll allow me to have a Trilomite for a pet.

Every morning, when I wake up to find no Trilomite next to me, I get so sad and dissappointed.

I sure wish I had me a Trilomite. Or better yet, TWO trilomites.

I see your Land Area has Trilomites. Such awesome creatures. Often, at night, right before I lay my weary head to rest, I pray to Lootius that he'll allow me to have a Trilomite for a pet.

Every morning, when I wake up to find no Trilomite next to me, I get so sad and dissappointed.

I sure wish I had me a Trilomite. Or better yet, TWO trilomites.

Just be thankful that Lootius hasnt given you a Trilomite egg yet... who knows when that thing would have hatched.

Just be thankful that Lootius hasnt given you a Trilomite egg yet... who knows when that thing would have hatched.

I would hug my egg every night, and keep it warmly tucked under my decaying clothes! I am sure the combination of love, warmth, and the promise to make a fucking omelet out of it if it doesn't hatch within 9 weeks will ensure swift growth to ensure another fine addition to the Trilomite race.

Awesome tutorial, by the way!

Nice :D Plus Rep to you for a nice "Tute"

Thanks for the tutorial. Wound up teaching it after all :D

- who already know how the Fertilization Station works.
(Optional but I don't want to teach it)

Thanks for tutorial. That explains a bit about land operations. Questions I have are:

Whats the point of having 3 of same DNAs -- is it just to be able to do whole spectrum of mobs from young to stalker? is 3 x Max quantity on each DNA = 3x mobs?

Do dna locations determine where in land mobs appear? (e.g. first dna slot - north east of land, second - northwest...etc...)

Once you put in dna can you take it out?

Thanks in advance:)

Questions I have are:

Whats the point of having 3 of same DNAs -- is it just to be able to do whole spectrum of mobs from young to stalker? is 3 x Max quantity on each DNA = 3x mobs?

In my case, the 3 Trilomite DNA was supplied with the Land.
I don't understand what you ask in the 2nd part of your question but I'll try a answer anyway.
Each DNA supply his own Mobs. 3 DNA = 3 x more Mobs.
You have to modify the settings on each DNA if you want them all modified.
For example: If I boost the Maturity at maximum on 1 Trilomite DNA, I will have some Stalker but because the 2 last Trilomite DNA are at minimum, I will also have Trilomite Young in the area.

Do dna locations determine where in land mobs appear? (e.g. first dna slot - north east of land, second - northwest...etc...)

No. I don't have any control for the spawn location. The spawn is all random.

No. If I remove a DNA, I will not be able to use it again or sell it. The DNA is "destroyed" if I remove it.

Last edited:
Nice tutorial Bernz.

More DNAs = More mobs on your land

No, pretty sure they just spawn everywhere in the land generally. Although sometimes some areas seem to be more dense than others (Deathifiers Hispidus land is a good example of that).

You can only destroy the DNA completely. So you can't remove it and sell it...

:cool: Thanx a Lot for the Sticky Tag Jimmy.

I edited to add a #6 because I forgot to talk about what happen when you want to push down the settings.

awesome post, I often wondered how the upkeep of a LA works.

If I have a LA with 2 different DNA and only one is useful for me at this time, but of course i dont want to destroy the 2nd DNA...

can I just unlock the one DNA on quantity and leave it unlocked and it will not cost me any more IP when it reached lowest setting?

Or is there a basic cost for the DNA regardless the setting, that I have to pay as long as the DNA is inserted?

Would be great, if a Landowner who actually tested this could answer this :yay:

Thanks in advance!!

Not sure if DRDoom answers my question here already, but it sounds like
no maturity=no cost. Altho its not clearly pointed out...

Extract:

This is called LA management. ;)
If a LA cost more than it generates, this mans you have locked a maturity and density of a certain type of mob nobody hunt.
In this case you can just unlock your DNA samples = no more maintenance costs.

-If you buy a huge LA without DNA, it might be better to just put a cheap DNA part or two on it, but not putting any fertilizer so it's a low maturity and low density attractive for miners who wants to shoot the occasional mob they run into.

If I have a LA with 2 different DNA and only one is useful for me at this time, but of course i dont want to destroy the 2nd DNA...

can I just unlock the one DNA on quantity and leave it unlocked and it will not cost me any more IP when it reached lowest setting?

Or is there a basic cost for the DNA regardless the setting, that I have to pay as long as the DNA is inserted?

Would be great, if a Landowner who actually tested this could answer this :yay:

Thanks in advance!!

If you leave the DNA setting unlocked, the quantity and/or maturity will slowly drop but it cost nothing at all even if a minimum amount of Mobs will spawn from the DNA when it reached lowest setting.

It cost IP only when you push up or down quantity/maturity and/or when you lock the settings.

Last edited:
Btw, I did not updated post #1 with VU 10 because there is not much that have changed.

Now we no longer need to calculate how much Ferti is need per IP.
It as been simplified but at the end it cost the same amount of Ferti as before.

Great thread Bernz...thanks for posting it. It helped me a lot, and i am sure that every new Land Owner start his journey here. +rep

EDIT:
Myabe someone can use some new info:

* Adding new DNA sample to LA cost 300 units of fertiliser (1 fertiliser = ~0,5 ped so that is ~150 peds) OFC in new units where 1 feltiliser unit = 1 Improvement Point

* After adding new DNA sample every bar setings are free to set and lock (no additional fertiliser cost) but that is only when new DNA is added. After confirming changes every move of slidebar will cost:
* Numbers = 40 fertiliser each level (no mater if u increasing or decreasing it)

* Maturity = 120 fertiliser each level (no mater if u increasing or decreasing it)

* When LA is set to "starving mode" (padlocks unlocked) settings are decreasing at rate 0,018 / day from whole bar (or 0,18 from one lvl of bar/day) for numbers and 0,01 from whole bar (or 0,1 from one lvl of bar/day) for maturity
so starving all mobs from max setings will take 100 days (but in ca. 50th day mobs will be at minimal numbers but still at medium maturity).
*Decreasing numbers one level takes 5 days
*Decreasing maturity one level takes 10 days

Last edited:
can u fertilise someones land. At an event looks like nothing here Am outback 11.

Some additionall info about fertilising station and how it works...

Number of mobs on LA is kinda fixed (spawned at a time) so decreasing maturity has no effect untill already spawned mob is killed ( by player or turreted ). However, if you set new maturity setings and after that MA servers reset will take place (usualy once a week), all instantly spawned mobs on such LA ( no 1 hr effect ) will be spawned acording to your new settings.

Question: if DNA is set on minimal numbers - are there still mobs spawning or mayby there is point where absolutly no mob will spawn any further?

Another question (not realted to fertilizers but related to LAs so no point in starting new thread): what is the max tax LA owner can set? I am guessing its either 5% or 10%?

Falagor
:bandit:

Unowned LA's with DNAs do have some mobs, even at minimal numbers. So you need no DNAs and no natural spawns in order to have no mobs on the LA.

I think max tax is 10%, seem to remember the old Fungoid and Bristlehog LA being set at that after land grab in 2006(?).

Unowned LA's with DNAs do have some mobs, even at minimal numbers. So you need no DNAs and no natural spawns in order to have no mobs on the LA.

Natural spawns can be disabled by contacting Mindark. But remember, once removed, the natural spawns are gone forever, with no chance of reactivation.

Late to the Party here, but a question if anyone out there is looking:

If you have 3 DNA Slots with the Same Mob in there and you want to have 3 different maturity levels, does it cost 1 IP/Day for each DNA slot? So is the Maintenance 3IP for each day.

And therefore, if you only have 1 DNA Slot with a mob in it, will it ONLY spawn that maturity level and nothing else. And therefore cost only 1IP/Day?

I'm trying to figure out How many ped to expect to pay per day in Maintenance.

Thank you!

To repeat what is said earlier in the thread. Each DNA is managed seperately; so costs are per DNA.

As per VU 10, IP points == Fertilizer. So, it costs 20 IP points (20 fertilizer) per day per DNA if both settings are locked. Fertilizer is 0.47 ped/unit.

Not counting MU, that's 0.47 * 20 = 9.4 ped/day per DNA (maturity and density locked)
And it doesn't matter where on the slider (max, 50% etc.) the settings are locked. The cost is for the lock.

Back