England x1

Bye Robot, Stage 4, Round 3
Tibet x1
France x1

Off-World Stage 5:
France x1

Final:
Romania x1

As Hurr has already decreed that globals that fetch 113 PED will get extra points, I am going to go one step futher and make this part of a charity event in Susan's memory.

If you don't know her story, find out who Susan 113 Smith was here.

For every "Susan" scored in the WOF competition, qualifier or regular round, I will donate an amount equal to 113 PEDs $(11.30 USD in my case) and donate to a Leukemia-based charity.

I have chosen:https://www.clf4kids.org/donate_now.cfm

I won't donate after *every* individual Susan, but wait until the end and donate in one big lump...I hope we get more than one!

I won't be taking any money from anyone for this(and nobody give money to anybody else...you can do this yourself via credit card), but I just ask any of you that have the desire or the means to donate, join me in this challenge! Pick a local Leukemia Charity, in your own country, and designate them as your charity. I'll keep this thread updated with Susans and tick-up the tally as they happen.

The charity I have selected has a "memorial" gift where the charity will send her family notecards notifying them of donations make in Susan's name. If anyone has contact information for her family, I'd appreciate if you could ask her family if it is ok if we have their address so the cards can be sent to them, and if they want the donation to be made in her real of avatar name.

Now...get our there and get those Susans! ;)

Last edited:
It might be worth linking the thread about Susan that will give some background to this.

Was Susan considered for a memorial in EU?

Pretty interesting, gonna ake a better look at this later. Very nice of you btw :)
And no Akiran, I thinnk it wasnt considered.. its a pity :(

It might be worth linking the thread about Susan that will give some background to this.

Yep! I was off finding the link when you wrote this ;)

As to the Memorial, I cannot say, but this is one way *we* can make sure she is remembered.

Great initiative Frigid, again you show that you're a great player with compassion and thought. Just one of the reasons why you're one of my favourite.

Good luck with it.

Excellent initiative Frigid, big plus rep to you. I didn't know Susan, but she sounds like a special lady who touched many lives in a positive way. I will take your challenge and also make a donation at the end of the tournament. I will donate to Leukemia Research here in the UK, it is a cause dear to my heart.

The immediate family has to contact MA and supply the necessary documentation, i.e., death certificate and so forth. And they will consider it. At least this is what I was told from MA years ago.

I didn't know Susan or ever heard of her before this. But this contest is one nice way for those who do to remember her.

Excellent initiative Frigid, big plus rep to you. I didn't know Susan, but she sounds like a special lady who touched many lives in a positive way. I will take your challenge and also make a donation at the end of the tournament. I will donate to Leukemia Research here in the UK, it is a cause dear to my heart.

Thanks, Lee...that's the spirit!

It doesn't have to be 113 peds...it could be a dollar(better make that two...the USD keeps falling :rolleyes:), a pound, 10 Kronor...anything per "Susan". Heck..it could be one flat ammount in her name (this will have to happen if there are no 113 PED "Susan's"...)

Thanks Frigid , nice idea
Count me in, maybe using the same US based charity ?( bigger impact)

I think MA should consider a revamp to Memorial Island to include new area for memorials for all lost players - 'Garden of Gamers' or some less cheesy name ;)

Thanks Frigid , nice idea
Count me in, maybe using the same US based charity ?( bigger impact)

I think MA should consider a revamp to Memorial Island to include new area for memorials for all lost players - 'Garden of Gamers' or some less cheesy name ;)
Thanks, Rowdoc, good to have you aboard!

Nice idea Frigid

I will take your challenge as well, and donate to the norwegian cancer society (youth group). My wife has suffered from cancer 4 years now, and this group has given us alot of support. norwegian website

Nice idea Frigid

I will take your challenge as well, and donate to the norwegian cancer society (youth group). My wife has suffered from cancer 4 years now, and this group has given us alot of support. norwegian website

Excellent, Sims! (I mean your support...not your wife, which I am very sorry to hear about).

Posting links like you have are useful as it will give interested players in your country an option to donate to a charity that other players are.

If we keep this going, people from every country could designate a local charity in their country every year, and we rotate charities year to year.

This idea was a spur-of-the-moment inspiration, but next year we could do a bit more with some pre-planning.

Still, I think we are doing well for a last-minute charity.

I *am* concerned about the number of Susan's that will happen, though. I may have to change it to any global with all 1's and 3's (111,113,131,133, etc) so I can donate a decent amount...but that's me. Everyoen should only give what what are comfortable with. every ped counts!

We'll see how the qualifiers go...

If I am not wrong, there were at least 5 SUSANS during this weekends matches.

4 in the last match alone.

:)

Team Switzerland got a Susan 113 pedder; no screenshot made, but Hurrikane can confirm im sure.

Buck.

Last edited:
I think Austria got one during our time slot :)

If I am not wrong, there were at least 5 SUSANS during this weekends matches.

4 in the last match alone.

:)

Excellent news! I'll verify with Hurr. I saw a 112 pedder and a 114 pedder...but not the 113's.. My fear was that would wouldn't have verey many, but it seems we have plenty of 113's...and all thsoe teams can than Susan for the extra points!

They should be easy for him to find as they are a bonus-scoring mob, and they may even be in the scoring-summaries of the teams.

Thanks all for keeping an eye out!

Someone in one of the supports (forgot who) got a 113 a few minutes before the starting time .... itchy trigger fingers.

I think it was Portugal that got 2 Susans in there hunt.

Turkey team had one "113" from phasm at sunday 12:30 MA wof session

So far, we have 4 confirmed and 2 unconfirmed Susans:

Portugal x2 -confirmed
Turkey x1 -confirmed
Switzerland x1 -confirmed

It turns out the Serbia Support was BEFORE the match had begun...alas...

Will update as info/screenshots becoem available.

PLEASE let me know if I am missing any! They should be reflected in scores, so they should be easy to see.

Last edited:
So far, we have 4 confirmed and 2 unconfirmed Susans:

Portugal x2 -confirmed
Serbia Support x1 -confirmed
Switzerland x1 -confirmed

Unconfirmed
Turkey
Austria

Will update as info/screenshots becoem available.

PLEASE let me know if I am missing any! They should be reflected in scores, so they should be easy to see.

nice to see so many 'susans' so far :)

Someone in one of the supports (forgot who) got a 113 a few minutes before the starting time .... itchy trigger fingers.

it was serbian support team, sadly this 1 didn`t count :(

Ok, gang!

Let's rack-up those Suzie's and up those donations. It's nopt as if you can *try* to get a Susan, but just try and rack-up as many globals as you can the the Susan's will come. I was pleasantly surprised at how many we did get.

Never too late to join to pledges, btw ;)

So far 1 more Susan after the first hunt of the second round
:yay::yay::yay:

Back