Improvements to housing

davidgr1200

Elite
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Maxic
At the moment having an apartment (or house) is not as useful/interesting as it could be. I have seen suggestions every now and then as to how the "experience" could be improved, and, based on those, I would like to suggest the following:
---The ability to tp directly to your own apartment if you are within a certain distance (obviously using a tp chip). This would make accessing your own apt much easier.

---A change in the rent system so that rent is required even when the apartment is not in use. For example: decrease the normal rent for an apt from 10 PED to 5 PED per month. Increase from 0 PED to 1 PED per month if the apt is not in use. This would increase the number of open apts and decrease the number of apts just being held.

---A safe balcony for apartments. So that balconies could be decorated. This would also enable new items to be crafted (balcony furniture etc.)

---A garden for houses. This would allow some decoration outside of the house and also enable new items to be crafted.

---Wallpaper/painting possibilities for apartments/houses. This would enable the owner to personalise his/her home more than can be done now. Would also give more items to be crafted and more uses for paint.

---Letterboxes. The ability to "post" information to an apt/house when the owner is not present. This could be done in several ways, for example a Post Office machine where you pay (say) 10 pec . You select the address e.g TI City - Platinum - 2 - G and then type in a short message. The owner would then be able to read from a noticeboard in their house/apt next time they went there (perhaps getting a notification that a message has arrived the next time they log in). Alternatively, paper (L) could be bought from tt and a message written on it by the sender who would then deliver it to the apt/house.

COmments? Anything I have missed?

Back