Deed amps!

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
I wish the new special deals that MA is making to upgrade estates for a certain number of peds was done via Amps to deeds so that the upgrades could be transferred to other estates in case the estate owner moves to another estate on another planet at some point in the future, etc. Since there is a set price for these upgrades, why not make them in to in game amps for deeds and put them in the Trade Terminal so we won't all have to hound the estate broker and do a bunch of emails to FPC staff... make it hassle free - simply go to the Trade Terminal and pop open the Deed Attachments Section, or whatever you end up calling it. This could even work like the tier system sort of... with every deed having only so many slots for upgrades... so you can add up to x amount of amps, and then you need to start deciding which upgrade is more important to you for whatever you happen to be doing with the estate at that point in time, so you could pop the amps in and out of the deeds just like scopes in guns, etc... except they never decay and TT value is always what is paid for them at the Trade Terminal.

I do realize that MA is in the business of making money, so just make these little things not be able to be sold back to the TT... if owner wants to sell it other players though, please let them. That's not the real reason I am making this proposal. The main reason is that none of us know which planet we'll end up going to the most 5 years from now. It would be bad to put a lot of money in to an estate on Calypso and then just sell it in a year or two, possibly losing your investment to upgrade the place more or less...

Something else I'd like to see would be auction history for each type of deed... so apartments, shops in the apartments, houses, mall shops, etc. all would have a seperate history to them. It's really silly that the smallest apartments have the same market history as the largest houses and mall shops, and even probably the same history as huge deed purchases such as CND, etc.

Last edited:
Hello I'm nobody and I approve this message!

The point is to be able to upgrade your estate. Not invest in a portable teleporter...

Implementing these things costs money for MA and having people randomly swap them round is completely, utterly, stupid. While I'm sure we can all appreciate suggestions, this isnt secondlife and it doesnt work by just dragging and dropping a TP, service center...etc..

The point is to be able to upgrade your estate. Not invest in a portable teleporter...

Implementing these things costs money for MA and having people randomly swap them round is completely, utterly, stupid. While I'm sure we can all appreciate suggestions, this isnt secondlife and it doesnt work by just dragging and dropping a TP, service center...etc..

right on the money ;) moving teleporters isnt an easy thing and requires a patch and/or server reset. Can you imagine if users could cause the servers to go down at any time just by moving a teleporter? :loco:

right on the money ;) moving teleporters isnt an easy thing and requires a patch and/or server reset. Can you imagine if users could cause the servers to go down at any time just by moving a teleporter? :loco:

if you can drop a storage terminal or use a tp chip ill bet you can drop a tp.

I'd prefer to see the value of the upgrade added to the Deed tbh.

I'd prefer to see the value of the upgrade added to the Deed tbh.

That'd be a fantastic way to deal with it. The only problem is then you could TT the deed (not that that would be very smart to do, lol)... and get your TT value back. If they made it so that deeds can't be TTed that'd make it ok though... (who knows, maybe they are already like that - I'm sure the heck not going to test it, lol).

if you can drop a storage terminal or use a tp chip ill bet you can drop a tp.

Doesn't static TP's have to be integrated into the "teleport network" in a way that a tp-chip does not though? And bonded with the other tps? :silly2:

I'm sure the heck not going to test it, lol).

Maybe Buzz would try it for us :D

That'd be a fantastic way to deal with it. The only problem is then you could TT the deed (not that that would be very smart to do, lol)... and get your TT value back. If they made it so that deeds can't be TTed that'd make it ok though... (who knows, maybe they are already like that - I'm sure the heck not going to test it, lol).

What I mean is that without having a real TT Value, maybe the details of the option(s) that have been added to the estate could be on the Deed only for infos. This way, futur buyers can see it when they visualize the Deed in auction for ex.

Anyway MA|FPC say in the terms of the Estate development opportunities:
All trades are final. No refunds.

one thing...

one thing that is NOT clear, in my opinion, is how many times an upgrade can happen. FPC has said 3 times to upgrade, but does that mean 3 times max per estate, or 3 times max per owner of the estate? if estate is traded, could another 3 times be granted on top of what's already there???... Imagine an estate upgraded 6 times, adding 20 points each time... or 9 times, or 12... 12x20= 240 more slots on top of the initial amount.

Back