I would like to see a mob counter and I will tell you why.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Lets say you have several weapons. You have a laser pistol and a BLP and rifle of each kind also. You have a long and short blade and so on. As most of us did we tried everything just to get a feel of what we liked. Jump ahead to where you are around lvl 20-30 in whatever you are going to stay with. Just for ease you did laser. You are going to test 2 pistols and 2 carbines all similar stats. Some more damage per shot but slower shots per second and so on. Range, ammo, cost per shot, SPS, DPS, range and so on. How else can you really find what is best for you if you don't know how many kills you get using the same ammo plus decay costs for each. Moreover, a long range gun maybe better for a mob than a faster shooting pistol and the list goes on and the real way (or best way)to find out is number of kills IMO.

MA has said to pay attention to all of the above but not really giving us an important tool to help us. We NOW know what kind of hit we receive from a mob and I see absolutely NO value in that other than making Tracker stop working. You can find the hit info in EP. IMO that was a waste of time and a load of BS acting like that was going to be a big help.

MA pretty much has the code in place because of the their code for local events that track loot and number of kills.

Just a side note: I did see a player using big gun to 1 shot kill punys and he got a bunch of globals in just a couple of days, like 35 or so. I know this because I checked on tracker. He tried to explain his theory but I guess he got broke because I have not seen in a month or two :) BUT global wise it did work just not big enough globals to sustain his costs.

You are going to test 2 pistols and 2 carbines all similar stats. Some more damage per shot but slower shots per second and so on. Range, ammo, cost per shot, SPS, DPS, range and so on. How else can you really find what is best for you if you don't know how many kills you get using the same ammo plus decay costs for each. Moreover, a long range gun maybe better for a mob than a faster shooting pistol and the list goes on and the real way (or best way)to find out is number of kills IMO.

IMO - you can do all this, its called paying attention and counting. You can count the kills and write it down, count the number of shots and write it down. Count your misses, evades, etc and write it all down. From all of that you can work out whatever you need to....i'll give you a hint though, you are always in the negative.
Perhaps MA should give us a counter for our current ped loss instead?

There are much more important things that MA should work on than a counter, you could go so far as to create an app for yourself to track this....not everything has to be made by MA...just make sure it doesn't interact directly and only reads logs/screen scrap.

Just a side note: I did see a player using big gun to 1 shot kill punys and he got a bunch of globals in just a couple of days, like 35 or so. I know this because I checked on tracker. He tried to explain his theory but I guess he got broke because I have not seen in a month or two :) BUT global wise it did work just not big enough globals to sustain his costs.

Yip since loot 2.0 is based on your input, you can load mobs up by spending more to get globals...but globals != breaking even or profit.

MA has said to pay attention to all of the above but not really giving us an important tool to help us. We NOW know what kind of hit we receive from a mob and I see absolutely NO value in that other than making Tracker stop working.
MA pretty much has the code in place because of the their code for local events that track loot and number of kills.

Hi, I've edited above to what I'll refer to.
I don't know what you mean by NOW. Was there an undocumented change in a vu or so? I don't have damage notification on, so maybe I've missed a change?

I guess it would be pretty easy for MA to do, and I support the idea - even with A and B, like trip meters in cars these days.

Your side note: I also one-shot punies sometimes out of boredom or various testing. The loots are according to cost, thus multis are higher and more likely to global, especially if the overkill is high and the global threshold low. It's only shrap loot, but who cares about animal res or the occasional muscle oil tbh? I'll just take the direct 101%! :laugh:

The codex pretty accurately monitors your costs, by the way - also useful - but I'd like mob counters pls. I extra keep resetting my 10k carabok just to keep count, for example. I'm gonna hate it when Ark has to switch to codex at some time... (unless we have a counter by then MA.... pls)

If I wanted to spend my time counting I would not have made this post. As I said they already have the code from the local events to track the number of kills and loots. So what is the big deal ? I said "NOW" because it is currently now and that was implemented with 2.0 as I recall, the now was not meant to mean today.

And last your tone is condescending and typical ASS HOLE like. IMO

I said "NOW" because it is currently now and that was implemented with 2.0 as I recall, the now was not meant to mean today.

"what kind of hit we receive from a mob..." actually I think I misunderstood that bit then to mean some kind of change that tells us a breakdown of acid, electric, whatever - something that would freshly confuse a/the tracker again.
As for misunderstanding "NOW" - that was me. However, I recall something about a famous "Now" speech: Now... something, something, something!
:beerchug:
Anyway, I assume I'm not the condescending droid you're looking for, and I'm in support of having a mob tracker!

"what kind of hit we receive from a mob..." actually I think I misunderstood that bit then to mean some kind of change that tells us a breakdown of acid, electric, whatever - something that would freshly confuse a/the tracker again.
As for misunderstanding "NOW" - that was me. However, I recall something about a famous "Now" speech: Now... something, something, something!
:beerchug:
Anyway, I assume I'm not the condescending droid you're looking for, and I'm in support of having a mob tracker!

We both mis-understood each other I am sorry and lets call it even :).

When you enter rocktropia and have killed more then a million mobs you get an achievement for it.
This means that there is already a counter of how many mobs a player has killed, likely counters for every single mob type and maturity - they are just not displayed to players.
It certainly would be nice that when now everything switches to codex to still have a number displayed for actual mobs killed - just for those of us who like numbers ;)
And it shouldnt be hard to do at all, because the numbers are already there - just display them in codex with each creature and the overall total.

When you enter rocktropia and have killed more then a million mobs you get an achievement for it.
This means that there is already a counter of how many mobs a player has killed, likely counters for every single mob type and maturity - they are just not displayed to players.
It certainly would be nice that when now everything switches to codex to still have a number displayed for actual mobs killed - just for those of us who like numbers ;)
And it shouldnt be hard to do at all, because the numbers are already there - just display them in codex with each creature and the overall total.
You are probably right. For sure the code is in place because of the tracking of events both from MA and others doing their own.

Back