How to get 90%+ TT?

and now you assume i would not have tried the amping thingy.. guess what, no 464 ped hof for me.. no globals either... so yeah, you're just lucky...

the only thing i seem to be lucky at is looting high MU shit ^^

but sure, keep on believing it would be your skill rather than you just not having as big as a devation from the average than i do.... whatever pats your ego best...

All you do is keep complaining on the forum about crafting and now mining, i gave you some tips and insights in my first posts in this thread but then you call it all bullshit even if they are proven to be right.

Mining for the most part is not about luck, you can succeed in all areas in the game without luck. Luck just puts some extra cherry on top of the pie. Even looting high MU, there is no luck needed.

All you do is keep complaining on the forum about crafting and now mining, i gave you some tips and insights in my first posts in this thread but then you call it all bullshit even if they are proven to be right.

it's just odd that all the theories you claim to be right don't work for me... so they can't be that right...

it's just odd that all the theories you claim to be right don't work for me... so they can't be that right...

Because you can't make something (that is tested and documented by multiple people) work, it isn't true? That coming from the same person that claimed other miners don't affect your hitrate, i wouldn't value your opinion too high.

Again, there is loads of information, make use of it. Good luck, i'm out.

Because you can't make something (that is tested and documented by multiple people) work, it isn't true?

it working for a few people can still be a statistical fluke... to have it proven right, it has to work for everyone. Doesn't work for me, seem to not work for many others... and yet you still sit here and claim it to be true...

Because you can't make something (that is tested and documented by multiple people) work, it isn't true? That coming from the same person that claimed other miners don't affect your hitrate, i wouldn't value your opinion too high.

I've wondered about that, how does other miners affect your hitrate?

Also, people seem to think hitrate is key, which begs the question: what can be done to increase it?

Btw thanks everyone for this thread! As a returning miner after many years its very interesting.

Also, people seem to think hitrate is key, which begs the question: what can be done to increase it?

Btw thanks everyone for this thread! As a returning miner after many years its very interesting.

I posted the link earlier in this thread, and there are more informative threads on this forum that contain a lot of usefull information (thanks to Leeloo and Kingofaces and others)

It's true, see the testing done in the thread below.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Hit-rate-testing-round-2-Claim-respawn-rates

If you find claims on top of another players claims there can be multiple reasons. Claims that the other players didn't find, you are aiming at another search dept of the claim has respawned. But all the information is in the thread.

And no, this does not need to be changed. Variables like this makes mining interesting, it isn't just go out and drop random.

They go by hitrate and neglect the claim size...

http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/mining_deposit_sizes/

if you get 33% HR but the claim sizes are III , then you end up with 33-66% TT-return with something like the unamped F-101 outdoors. So the HR won't be doing much good.

Before the mining changes in 2017, most of the claims were size IV. Now many are size II & III.
Get a lot of II's & III's but hardly any above IV's and then you end up with bad returns despite good HR, simple as that...

x63fznof.png

91 PED planet-side + 10 PED hell (which gave 12 PED claim) mining run.... gone into 3 different areas, which i know nobody else mines...

mining needs to get changed...

I posted the link earlier in this thread, and there are more informative threads on this forum that contain a lot of usefull information (thanks to Leeloo and Kingofaces and others)

i wonder though how its possible that there are like 5 people at the same time mining the exact same small spot at RT (the 100% alt only spot) while everyone is doing ok with their hitrate (+- 31%). if they would affect each others hitrate this shouldnt be possible. especially as the spot is just big enough for roughly 100 to 150 drops.

i wonder though how its possible that there are like 5 people at the same time mining the exact same small spot at RT (the 100% alt only spot) while everyone is doing ok with their hitrate (+- 31%). if they would affect each others hitrate this shouldnt be possible. especially as the spot is just big enough for roughly 100 to 150 drops.

They have poor hit rates. They are all just mining all over each other in hopes of getting a big hit on one of the few resources that still pop and had markup.

It is one of the few things that tells me all I need to know about resource caps. If you still don't get it, then I don't know what to tell anyone.

They have poor hit rates. They are all just mining all over each other in hopes of getting a big hit on one of the few resources that still pop and had markup.

It is one of the few things that tells me all I need to know about resource caps. If you still don't get it, then I don't know what to tell anyone.

ive mined there myself for weeks and was maintaining an overall hitrate between 30 to 32% depending on the day

So i just did a run, planet-side, non-taxed:
100 drops:
Size III: 4
Size IV: 20
Size V: 7
Size VIII (multiplied claim): 1
Hitrate: 32%

TT-in: 101 PED (neglecting excavator)
TT-out: 91,41 PED
TT-return: 90,5%

As a size VIII gives an extra 5-10% to the TT-return (when replacing it with a size IV), without multiplier the TT-return may even be less than 86% despite good HR.
So, multipliers & claim sizes matter a lot.

I hope, the "HR is what matters, you need to improve that"-BS finally dies...

adding this because it has the same HR but higher TT-return, so just you know it's not the HR that makes the difference:
Sure, i would call my close to 32% hr and 94,64% tt return over last 8k drops luck :laugh:

Last edited:

I hope, the "HR is what matters, you need to improve that"-BS finally dies...

At least when I mine, I consider 31-32% my minimum decent HR (worth amping at anyways). Usually I try to target higher than that though. If I'm ballparking around what you had, then my TT does drop to around 90%. I haven't seen any decrease in my TT per claim long-term while targeting higher HR either.

At least when I mine, I consider 31-32% my minimum decent HR (worth amping at anyways). Usually I try to target higher than that though. If I'm ballparking around what you had, then my TT does drop to around 90%. I haven't seen any decrease in my TT per claim long-term while targeting higher HR either.

What's you overall tt-return, ped spend and average size per click/drop/kill?

doing some hunting/crafting too or only mining?

Pretty much only mining aside from a stray Merp on rare occasion. I craft my own amps, but there isn't an expectation that would affect mining TT. There isn't any evidence TT in other professions bleeds over in others (e.g., personal loot pool theories). Back when I started that log, I was still hovering around 97% TT at least back when I didn't even craft and used an UL amp.

Pretty much only mining aside from a stray Merp on rare occasion. I craft my own amps, but there isn't an expectation that would affect mining TT. There isn't any evidence TT in other professions bleeds over in others (e.g., personal loot pool theories). Back when I started that log, I was still hovering around 97% TT at least back when I didn't even craft and used an UL amp.

hmm, for me it looks a lot like it does.

My last 5k made me jump above 95% TT-return on crafting, my mining was sub 90% TT and overall it was a littl over 95% TT-return.

And yesterday, hunting went bad but directly afterwards i got 12% HR indoor mining, which made up for the bad hunting run. Then i had a bad mining run, but in crafting afterwards (<40 clicks) i poped a global that made up for the bad mining run...
I observed behaviour like that quite often before 2.0 and since i returned a week ago tbh, but then, it may be connected to the 10k-mechanic.

Last edited:
100 drops:
Size III: 4
Size IV: 20
Size V: 7
Size VIII (multiplied claim): 1
Hitrate: 32%

TT-in: 101 PED (neglecting excavator)
TT-out: 91,41 PED
TT-return: 90,5%
:

if you're not going to cycled hundreds of thousands of ped, do not bother with mining or crafting.

when i was mining markup only...

ashi
hell mine 6
RT alt/belk spot
ignis/vesp spot on caly

my returns were steadily 85%

started branching out and going for some dogshit inbetween, my markup avg dropped 3.2% but i've enjoyed 98.55% TT on my last 22k cycle with no ubers.

if you're not going to cycled hundreds of thousands of ped, do not bother with mining or crafting.

i already cycled more than 100k PED on mining, didn't help with getting above 90% TT-return... i mine unamped btw...

my cycling on crafting is 400+k PED overall already.. sooo...

Last edited:
hmm, for me it looks a lot like it does.

My last 5k made me jump above 95% TT-return on crafting, my mining was sub 90% TT and overall it was a littl over 95% TT-return.

And yesterday, hunting went bad but directly afterwards i got 12% HR indoor mining, which made up for the bad hunting run. Then i had a bad mining run, but in crafting afterwards (<40 clicks) i poped a global that made up for the bad mining run...
I observed behaviour like that quite often before 2.0 and since i returned a week ago tbh, but then, it may be connected to the 10k-mechanic.

That's all a pretty standard correlation doesn't equal causation, especially when someone talks about single runs or a single day or two. You can't really ever use allegorical evidence like that. If someone wanted to actually test that, they'd need to do something like: 1. drop a probe, 2. hunt a mob and then drop a probe, and repeating 1 and 2 in sequence while tracking TT for each. Until then though, there's no real evidence of some personal loot pool affecting TT across professions much less within.

Either way, I was getting around 97% TT strictly mining with no other professions for quite a few months in that log, and my TT didn't really change outside normal variability when I went from UL amp to crafting amps either.

That's all a pretty standard correlation doesn't equal causation, especially when someone talks about single runs or a single day or two. If someone wanted to actually test that, they'd need to do something like: 1. drop a probe, 2. hunt a mob and then drop a probe, and repeating 1 and 2 in sequence while tracking TT for each. Until then though, there's no real evidence of some personal loot pool affecting TT across professions much less within.

Either way, I was getting around 97% TT strictly mining with no other professions for quite a few months in that log, and my TT didn't really change outside normal variability when I went from UL amp to crafting amps either.

Well, we still don't know how the loot system works. Could be mainly random with some lootpool as backup (like the 10k-mechanic) and also some mechanic that prevents the player from continously running >100% TT-return. So it could be a mixture of mechanics.

On my last cycle I averaged 82%ish on 330k before I ended up playing other games.TT in TT out , no misc expenses just probes+amp tt.For the most part I stood planetside.

I was hitting same multis over and over again every 50-60k which were crap ,5s dclass or 7s didnt matter.

GL hope your "Bad luck" ends soon.

Small amps = best overall mu/ped spent
Big amps = deplete waved resources faster, best ped/time spent
What is considered a small amp by your standards?

Since this thread has been revived, I was able to read through it for the first time (returning player). I have seen a lot of people talk about HR and stopping when you are getting less than 25%-30%. But I’ve not been able to find mention of how many drops used to get that baseline and decide if you are on a good HR run. Is it 10 drops? 50? 100?

Since this thread has been revived, I was able to read through it for the first time (returning player). I have seen a lot of people talk about HR and stopping when you are getting less than 25%-30%. But I’ve not been able to find mention of how many drops used to get that baseline and decide if you are on a good HR run. Is it 10 drops? 50? 100?

That's just how reliable you want the data to be. The more the merrier / time consuming. There is no baseline, ppl do tests with varying number of drops.

That's part of the testing you personally need to do to see what you are comfortable with. If you stop at 10, you're more likely to miss good runs just due to chance. If you stop at 100, you're more likely to waste time in bad areas. I have ways I can make some predictions at 10 drops, but you need to know sampling statistics really well to really delve into this topic. For new players, I say don't worry about hit rate much, just target MU. Try to avoid mining areas where you see really bad HR after awhile in the run, but you can't be that exacting in that threshold starting out.

[...] However, if you mine only waved Ashi, you can still do well at 75%tt.

[...]
Big amps = deplete waved resources faster, best ped/time spent

Would be really cool if someone would start a guide, an intro, to how waved system works :)

Back