Double Helix's "DOUBLE DOLLARS!" Game!

Gemdian

Guardian
Society
Double Helix
David Gemdian Thoris
PILOT EPISODE READY! DOUBLE HELIX AND ASR PRESENT "DOUBLE DOLLARS!"

TIME: 16:00 MA Time (10 AM Central US time)

The ASR shopkeepers are located at 20875, 24563 on TI (Amethera), SE of the teleporter.

I EVENTUALLY plan to do the following with PED, but to get started, and to gain trust, the first game (or games), will be started using EFD!

----------------

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Double Dollars is a game much like a formerly popular game show that still plays. You know, somone answers questions and the money raises, and then they have a certain number of features they could use to help them should they get stuck.

--------------------

CONCEPT: A Chat game played by Calypso Citizens using Entropiaforum's chat feature. The game would be paid for by ENTROPIANS who wish to ADVERTISE on the gameshow.

BASIC RULES OF THE GAME TO THIS POINT: A person answers questions as they work their way up the ladder to earn EFD (eventually hope to use PED). They start with 10 EFD, and each question they answer correctly will double their score!

At certain points (not yet determined) there will be safety regions, where no matter what, the player keeps what he has earned up to that point.

A player starts with 60 seconds to answer each question. After each safe zone, the time is cut in half, to make things a bit more difficult. This is not an impossible task, however, as the only thing a player would need to do to answer a question is to give the correct LETTER of the multiple choice answer. AT NO TIME will the time clock be shorter than 7 seconds. A player is ALWAYS garanteed that. MOST OF THE TIME, the clock will be longer than that, ranging from 60, 30, and 15 seconds to answer.

A player has 3 SOS moves that he can choose during the course of the game. The following SOS moves can be used at any point (once each move type), so long as they still have time on the player "clock:

DROP ONE! - drops an incorrect answer to hopefully make the decision making process easier.

POLL: Player "clock" resets from 1 minute to 2 minutes as a poll is set up on Entropia Forum. The audience members (and anyone else) can go to the poll and vote for that 2 minutes. The host (me) will then reveal what the audience/forum members think the answer is. PLAYER THEN GETS ONE FINAL MINUTE to decide on an answer.

GIMME SOME TIME! - PLayer gets 5 minutes to think the answer over, ask a friend, or even research it quickly on the net. The player needs to give an answer before that tiem runs out.

WE WILL HAVE AN AUDIENCE, AS AUDIENCE MEMBERS WILL BE THE ONES (RANDOMLY) PICKED FOR PLAYING THE GAME! IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU COME IN, THERE'S A CHANCE YOU WILL GET TO PLAY FOR EFD! (one day hopefully PED)

-------------------------------------

Types of Advertising:

NOTE: I'm not taking EFD for ads yet. I'm FIRST seeing who is interested, THEN will take EFD for ads FAIRLY CLOSE TO THE ACTUAL EVENT.

1) SPONSOR A QUESTION. The Advertiser tells which EFD/PED amount they want to donate to "BUY" a question. The question can be for any amount (providing the amount is on the DOUBLE DOLLARS chain. (1,2,4,8,16,32, 64, etc.) The ad will ONLY COST that many EFD, but there's no garantee the player will get to that question. IF THEY DO make it to that question, the question will look like this:

GEMDIAN: "Well, you've done well. We're ready for our 32 EFD question! This question was paid for by Randolphs Trading Post, where you get more for your PED!"

Then the question would be asked.

BY THE WAY! the advertiser would also need to supply the question.

THE QUESTION WILL REMAIN SPONSORED UNTIL SUCH TIME AS IT IS ASKED. THIS MEANS THAT EVEN IF THE PLAYER DOESN'T GET TO THE QUESTION, THE AD WILL BE ASKED WHEN ANOTHER PLAYER DOES GET TO IT.

2) The second way to advertise is to purchase a "commercial." We'll take breaks from time to time, where your ads will be told to the entire chat room. You can choose to have me say the ad, or if you are able to make the chat that day, you can make it yourself! Those prices will be negotiated on a person by person basis. What someone paid for this type of ad WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED! (so don't ask me haha)

CONNECTIONS DISCLAIMER: Double Helix and its affiliates are not responsible for disconnections. If someone participating in an event is disconnected, the time clock is still going.

If an official is disconnected during an event, one of two things will happen.

1) Another official will take over.

or

2) the disconnected official will return, and the clock will be reset for the player.

Currently that's the information I have. Let's hear what you think, shall we?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tor
Ever think of implementing into EU? I would love to be a participant :)

-Blinding Light

Absolutely! My goal is to see the response and work HERE first, so that we can do games for actual PED later.

I want folks to get to know me, know they can trust me, and get used to people playing the game.

Do me a favor if you will and get the word out!

I need more than one person to do this!

Thanks for your response,
Gem

Wow, thank you! that really helps!
+Rep!

so its a version of

who wants to be a millionaire then ?

Somewhat like it. Though quite UNOFFICIAL and in my own style.

It's played MUCH the same, yes.

Really nice idea man. I hope you'll succeed in implementing it to EU, and maybe start the game at at least 10 efd,m cause 1 is sooo low.

+rep for the idea btw.

I may do that indeed!

Thank you. +Rep for your contribution.

If you would, help me spread the word?

I already have questions (going by 10's and doubling, as suggested) up to the 2560 EFD mark.

I can go higher, but I need to see more people respond.

I may do that indeed!

Thank you. +Rep for your contribution.

If you would, help me spread the word?

I'm willing to spread the word, gonna add it to my siggy, hopefully gonna get some folks involved.

Any cost to participate? Or would efd come from solely sponsors?

Any cost to participate? Or would efd come from solely sponsors?

That's correct, Striker. Cost would come solely from sponsors.

Here's what I need:

1) People (many) willing to ATTEND each event. For 2 reasons:

--Participants would be randomly chosen from audience members.

--Many people attending would mean MANY people would see the advertisements!

2) Advertisers.

--Ads pay the players (and me)

--Get your product/service out in the view of more Avatars!

Just keeping this alive.

Thanks. Hoping it will be, once we get the people active.

I HAVE ANOTHER REQUEST:

I have 1100 efd in my bank, which is roughly HALF of the prize value. Is any of you out there, who have something to advertise, willing to sponsor me on the OTHER 1100 EFD (a bit less actually) to get the first game going?

When I get some more EFD I will send some your way :) i'll add that too my sigi too

<-- look at my EFD...

Great! When you are about to donate, before you do, PLEASE PM me so I can get with you on how you want to advertise! I want you to get your EFD's worth! Thank you!

Folks, we may very well have our sponsor for the FIRST EVER EPISODE OF DOUBLE DOLLARS!

I want anyone who plans to attend if it is within their schedule to post here!

When the sponsor is officially made, it will be announced here, as well as throughout the Pilot Episode of DOUBLE DOLLARS!

UPDATED THE ADVERTISING RULES!

Now, in the "purchase a question" option, the question will remain sponsored until such time as a player gets to it, and the question is asked.

The risk, therefore, of losing your funds is significantly lessened.

You may not get the question up right away, but you WILL get the question asked eventually, so long as EVENTUALLY someone gets to the question :)

this is a great idea i hope it gets in to eu im stell a noob and my mintor says i now need a big gun

Folks, we may very well have our sponsor for the FIRST EVER EPISODE OF DOUBLE DOLLARS!

I want anyone who plans to attend if it is within their schedule to post here!

When the sponsor is officially made, it will be announced here, as well as throughout the Pilot Episode of DOUBLE DOLLARS!

Ill join... and give the 1100 EFD ya need to start the game... Let me know what you need and i will donate away!

Suicide

we have our sponsor already for this game, unless you wish to purchase a question. Thanks for your interest. updating the start of this thread to read

DOUBLE HELIX AND ASR PRESENT DOUBLE DOLLARS!

i'LL ANNOUNCE THE DATE SOON. I NEED you guys to post that you'd be interested in coming in for a chance to play for up to over 2000 EFD!

Cool, 60 seconds is enough for me to google any question, but I'll wait until PEDs can be won :yay:

When PED's are on the line, the circumstanced might be a bit different. This is only the first episode. We'll see how it goes. It won't make it to PED if no one tries for EFD's.

updated to show the location of the sponsor!

Bumpity, we need people! who wants to win some EFD, and even if you dont, play the game and give it back so we can have another round :D

cmon

That's right, Blinding! We need people to post!

Date to come soon, but post and if people don't like the date, we can change it!

Remember, the only way to make it a contest for PED is to participate now!

A note:

If no one posts any further to this thread, a date WILL STILL be set, and a contestant WILL be winning some EFD!

(I will, before the event, go into the regular chat room and announce that the event is about to begin, so that those in the chat room who wish to try to become a contestant and win some EFD, and those wishing simply to enjoy watching someone play (not to mention vote in the poll to help the contestant) to win EFD!)

The more popular this "show" gets, the better! Because if we make it big, I'll find a place to move the game into CALYPSO or (SPACE??) so that players can play for PED!

Advertisers: Just because we have a funded show does not mean you don't have the chance to purchase an ad. You can still purchase a question even now!

Back