NEED ADVICE: my account got locked, MA say it won't be unlocked

Tuesday morning my account got locked and MA sent an email saying they were conducting an investigation so i decided to send a support case asking for the reason my account is locked and they sent this:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Ruisu,

This account has been locked in connection to receiving PED from Credit Card fraud.

This account will not be unlocked nor will we answer cases made by this account in the future.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
The only way i receive PED is from loot payment via AH or direct trade and from website like epartners...
I don't know what to do and i feel like MA is stealing my account from me because of the way they closed the support case i quoted before...
My avatar name is Luis Ruisu San
Thank you in advance

As AH sales give money from the system, only p2p trades or the "free-ped websites" are the reason. MY guess is these free ped websites are used for washing dirty fraud from stolen CC cards money and convert them into money from ads etc. they give away dirty money and get views clicks etc. and clean money from that.

edit: now as i'ver read the whole thread i might stand corrected in my assessment above.

Last edited:
thumb.gif

"Hi I´m Ulf and welcome to MindArk-Support!"

Whatever OP did or didn't do, the reply from support is totally unacceptable.
Considering it's RCE, and that OP seems to have been in the game for years even, they should at least provide an explanation for the lock.

Whatever OP did or didn't do, the reply from support is totally unacceptable.
Considering it's RCE, and that OP seems to have been in the game for years even, they should at least provide an explanation for the lock.

I disagree. If op did commit CC fraud and support has enough evidence, then they did more than they should have. If you're a crook you don't deserve their or anyone else's time.

However, if OP is innocent, and/or there are doubts on the matter, you are correct.

I disagree. If op did commit CC fraud and support has enough evidence, then they did more than they should have. If you're a crook you don't deserve their or anyone else's time.

However, if OP is innocent, and/or there are doubts on the matter, you are correct.

Problem is - they did not show what evidence they have (or at least OP is not sharing this info with us). So untill explaining what went wrong and the exact cause of ban - removing the comunication chanel with support is really bad step.

Also - picking up something from the ground should not lay responsibility on the player to check if items he is picking does not come from frauded peds - the system should varanty that (i.e. by not accepting credit card deposits as it may lead to situations like this).

@opinion:
i do not side wih neither MA nor OP but i think that the system has hole that has an easy fix i mentioned above. Sure lots of players will loose convinience with deposits and mayby MA is afraid they will loose part of depositors - but then they reduce to nearly zero any resources (supp time wasted) on cases like those - reducing cost.
And really dedicated/addicted players will still keep depositing with other options for sure. As far as i know making wire transfer takes as much time as depositing via credit card (to be honest - i do not know because i have never deposited).

Falagor
:bandit:

Problem is - they did not show what evidence they have (or at least OP is not sharing this info with us). So untill explaining what went wrong and the exact cause of ban - removing the comunication chanel with support is really bad step.

Also - picking up something from the ground should not lay responsibility on the player to check if items he is picking does not come from frauded peds - the system should varanty that (i.e. by not accepting credit card deposits as it may lead to situations like this).

@opinion:
i do not side wih neither MA nor OP but i think that the system has hole that has an easy fix i mentioned above. Sure lots of players will loose convinience with deposits and mayby MA is afraid they will loose part of depositors - but then they reduce to nearly zero any resources (supp time wasted) on cases like those - reducing cost.
And really dedicated/addicted players will still keep depositing with other options for sure. As far as i know making wire transfer takes as much time as depositing via credit card (to be honest - i do not know because i have never deposited).

Falagor

Well, we only heard OPs story. Perhaps he picked up money 80 times dropped by 80 different players all using the same stolen CC taking turns logging in from the same IP. Top that with with some chat logs where OP brags about it, a video of him doing it posted on FB and a written and witnessed confession.

If OP is guilty, he has been given explanation enough already.

Unlikely scenario above, but you get the point. I'm thinking "beyond reasonable doubt".

Then there is another possibility: Authorities are investigating the matter and told MA to not communicate with the suspect.

... As far as i know making wire transfer takes as much time as depositing via credit card (to be honest - i do not know because i have never deposited).

/offtopic/
This may be true in Europe. Certainly not for Australians, and the cost would be prohibitive for small deposits. For example, my bank charges $20AUD per international wire transfer, so I'd need to deposit at least around $600 to make it competitive with current credit card depositing fees.

Credit card transactions are, on the whole, a safe, reliable method of payment for both merchant and customer, especially when dealing internationally.

@opinion:

Falagor

You said you do not side with either side, yet to take all OP said as truth. Ppl in this thread have already discovered that OP lied about this site (this site never existed). If OP is lying about one thing, maybe he is lying about something else also? Maybe MA contacted him earlier did full investigation and decided that there is nothing more to discuss.

MA doesn´t have to discuss all credit card frauds in public, wire transfer takes about 24-48h(in Europe for example) while credit card depo is instant. They would lose 95% of their depositors that way. Depositing small amount via credit card is also way cheaper than wire transfer (a lot of fees there (from your bank) ).

Yeah this thread is witch hunt, but OP wanted discussion in public otherwise here wouldnt posted it here. ATM i fully understand why he is banned (maybe he said the same thing about the website to them, and MA also discovered that it never existed).

Anyways me i feel myself safer again if i see threads like this, cause it means frauds will be caught and no second chances are given.

/offtopic/
This may be true in Europe. Certainly not for Australians, and the cost would be prohibitive for small deposits. For example, my bank charges $20AUD per international wire transfer, so I'd need to deposit at least around $600 to make it competitive with current credit card depositing fees.

Credit card transactions are, on the whole, a safe, reliable method of payment for both merchant and customer, especially when dealing internationally.

I understand and i don't agree with snd part (about safety of credit cards) - but thats just my opinion. If there is even 1% part of tranaction that requires trust in any of side - the system is not safe.

Also there are other options - for example PayPal - so far i think its possible to pay with it in the Entropia web shop where you could buy uni amo - it is not exactly depositing but cycling the uni amo once and you can have peds. I do not know how easy it is to pay with PayPal in Australia - thats true - but i would guess it is not much harder than in any other free country ("not free" country - restrictions with internet access inluding PayPal).

Falagor

You said you do not side with either side, yet to take all OP said as truth. Ppl in this thread have already discovered that OP lied about this site (this site never existed). If OP is lying about one thing, maybe he is lying about something else also? Maybe MA contacted him earlier did full investigation and decided that there is nothing more to discuss.

MA doesn´t have to discuss all credit card frauds in public, wire transfer takes about 24-48h(in Europe for example) while credit card depo is instant. They would lose 95% of their depositors that way. Depositing small amount via credit card is also way cheaper than wire transfer (a lot of fees there (from your bank) ).

Yeah this thread is witch hunt, but OP wanted discussion in public otherwise here wouldnt posted it here. ATM i fully understand why he is banned (maybe he said the same thing about the website to them, and MA also discovered that it never existed).

Anyways me i feel myself safer again if i see threads like this, cause it means frauds will be caught and no second chances are given.

I am not siding with OP - i am jus pointing out that anyone could pick up something from the ground. For sure i would if i saw 10peds laying on the ground - i would not even bother to report this. If i saw 5k peds i still would pick it up and to be on safe side i would report this to MA.

Also i take part in event hosted on PCF where prizes are i.e. CLDs - i have absolutly no chance to verify that those CLDs will not come from frauded money. So only way to prevent me from beeing baned would be not participating in events like that - thats just stupid?

Like i said - i am pointing out hole in the system.

Falagor

Thing is ma cant show evidence how they came to their conclusion as this will give an insight to how people get caught and thus be able to find ways of not getting caught etc. But their message is very certain so they must have some evidence and if this guy is truly innocent well like some people said it is quite bad what support wrote.

I am not siding with OP - i am jus pointing out that anyone could pick up something from the ground. For sure i would if i saw 10peds laying on the ground - i would not even bother to report this. If i saw 5k peds i still would pick it up and to be on safe side i would report this to MA.

Also i take part in event hosted on PCF where prizes are i.e. CLDs - i have absolutly no chance to verify that those CLDs will not come from frauded money. So only way to prevent me from beeing baned would be not participating in events like that - thats just stupid?

Falagor

There is no hole.

You are assuming that OP is 100% truthful which leads you to false conclusions.

You said "if picking something up gets you banned". This implies that you believe that that is all OP has done, ergo you believe in his story.

Falagor

Still you miss the point, the story OP told might be total BS. He might have dropped those items from his own IP, and MA tracked it. If it was just stuff lying around and he picks em up, i think worst case scenario MA would take back the items (peds)
Anyways will stay quiet now, my post count is increasing too fast lately.. Half information threads cause that way too often.

NOTE! Damn whiningsceptic was faster than me :D

Last edited:
The type of message shared by the OP is only ever used when we have irrefutable evidence of what has occured. It may sound harsh but we sometimes get massive amounts of cases submitted from accounts that will never be unlocked. We want to make sure that valuable support team resources are spent helping our players and not on arguing with fraudsters and the like.

The type of message shared by the OP is only ever used when we have irrefutable evidence of what has occured. It may sound harsh but we sometimes get massive amounts of cases submitted from accounts that will never be unlocked. We want to make sure that valuable support team resources are spent helping our players and not on arguing with fraudsters and the like.

Yay Kim strikes and final whistle blows.... 1:0 MA Wins, and cheater has already escaped the stadium.

In that case I aprove to message him "Shut the F up you crying biatchzz" :laugh:

This is understandable, still i would change the template of the support answer, this does not change the time to answer it or the general content, but sounds more customer oriented ;)

BR

So auction and trades still safe I mean we never know what kinda people with dealing with ?

So auction and trades still safe I mean we never know what kinda people with dealing with ?

Temporary locks may happen in some cases when we have to do major investigations but they are very rare, it's pretty easy for us to differ between innocent bystanders and fraudsters. For example, buying an adj fap for 10 PED from a fraud marked account would be highly suspicous while paying market value would not be.

Temporary locks may happen in some cases when we have to do major investigations but they are very rare, it's pretty easy for us to differ between innocent bystanders and fraudsters. For example, buying an adj fap for 10 PED from a fraud marked account would be highly suspicous while paying market value would not be.

Glad to know and thank you for you fast respond

hurra, MA communicating again :yay:

ps. Sorry Kim, but posting now that community has pretty much come to the conclusion that OP is shady to say the lest is just lame. How about addressing some more important issues to the community, ie. new transport system, old bugs (FL, no looter high HP mobs and what not).

just my :twocents:

hurra, MA communicating again :yay:

ps. Sorry Kim, but posting now that community has pretty much come to the conclusion that OP is shady to say the lest is just lame. How about addressing some more important issues to the community, ie. new transport system, old bugs (FL, no looter high HP mobs and what not).

just my :twocents:

lol more important than issues with real money? :crazy:
Credit card frauds are bad for all of us, new transport system is just additional feature that doesnt ruin the game if not Dealt with instantly.

lol more important than issues with real money? :crazy:
Credit card frauds are bad for all of us, new transport system is just additional feature that doesnt ruin the game if not Dealt with instantly.

Please reread my post, what Kim posted is an already known action Mindark takes when in such situations. Great, we get it confirmed once again. Life can move on. The examples I wrote are issues that can have a long term negative impact on the game.

I doubt you can get locked for picking stuff up from the ground :eyecrazy:

The reply is a bit harsh, I would expect one or two words more on what the account has done wrong, but the explanation about why they wont communicate anymore to avoid getting flamed sounds resonable.

5 years in game and less than 10 post - ok this is enought to lock his acount.

5 years in game and less than 10 post - ok this is enought to lock his acount.

I have been " in game " from 2003 (with breaks) and also have very few posts, that's no reason to lock an account.

I really appreciate what Kim said.

It becomes very scary for us sometimes when we see these threads. People make it look like they do nothing wrong, and got banned...then it makes me wonder if my tens of thousands of dollars of depoing and playing is at risk because some other avatar sold something to me because he saw my "buying" post. So seeing this little post by Kim means a lot.

I know there is no shortage of scumbag fraudsters, and I understand why MA needs to end cases in such short words when they have enough proof. I am sure there were more words to the OP explaining it. You all were right, and something seemed fishy from the start of this thread. I am sure that there are probably hundreds of other accounts they are dealing with for fraud on any given day. They have to be firm and move on when they find fraud and close a case. If they don't then all the other new fraudsters will be getting away with it for longer.

Back