Front page news over a month old

Status

Deadgoon

Alpha
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Deadgoon Ghoast Ghoasttoaster
Does anybody run that anymore? Seems I remember the old site the front news story updated pretty often, now not so much. Maybe I don't remember correctly but getting sick of looking at the repair person every time I log in, snooze.

yeah I know boo hoo.

I want a job as SDS community manager, too - so little to do, so much spare time... and getting paid for drinking coffee!!! :cool:

I want a job as SDS community manager, too - so little to do, so much spare time... and getting paid for drinking coffee!!! :cool:

You missed the cookies!! ;) She is soo going to kick your ass for that!! LOL :yay:

You missed the cookies!! ;) She is soo going to kick your ass for that!! LOL :yay:

Yeah, if... she ever logs in here again... and somehow i doubt that. :silly2:

Eh. Like Ive said before, Im having health issues. Which is why things are going slow here because Im at home trying to recover. So no. Im not being paid for drinking coffee.

Hell I don't even like coffee.

Reactions: Lee
Eh. Like Ive said before, Im having health issues. Which is why things are going slow here because Im at home trying to recover. So no. Im not being paid for drinking coffee.

Yeah, i read that - and i hope you get better soon. :)

But if i sum up the time you were not available for whatever reason (on holiday, health issues, ...), you are hardly doing this job - which is fine as long as you think you have a good reason - but it's a job that needs to be done, and not only when you are available... so who is responsible for a new front page while you are away due to health issues?

Tell us who's your holiday replacement and i will happily direct my anger towards this lazy bastard... :silly2:

since we got your attention Hanne Ive got a question not sure if its been asked already, But I notice we are getting closer and closer to the 2 months off that MA/FPC used to take every summer, my question is now that FPC is SDS are we actually going to have any support or new updates through the summer or are we going to get the same old pre summer VU with a see ya in the fall??? I ask only cause I was under the impression that it was the law in Sweden but now that SDS isnt based in Sweden...... :scratch2:

Wizzszz, like I mentioned before, the tasks that needs to be done will still be done. Frontpage articles are perhaps not the number one priority in my absence.

You don't need to direct your anger at any other employee, thanks.

since we got your attention Hanne Ive got a question not sure if its been asked already, But I notice we are getting closer and closer to the 2 months off that MA/FPC used to take every summer, my question is now that FPC is SDS are we actually going to have any support or new updates through the summer or are we going to get the same old pre summer VU with a see ya in the fall??? I ask only cause I was under the impression that it was the law in Sweden but now that SDS isnt based in Sweden...... :scratch2:

There's always supposed to be support, also during holiday season.
SEE Virtual Worlds is based in US, but SEE Digital Studios (what you used to know as FPC) still resides in Sweden.

Eh. Like Ive said before, Im having health issues. Which is why things are going slow here because Im at home trying to recover.

Maybe it's better if you resign your position so you can concentrate on your health :wise:

Maybe it's better if you resign your position so you can concentrate on your health :wise:

Excuse me, i wasnt going to reply to this thread until i seen this comment, isnt someone allowed to be ill without being told they should step down, leave Hanne alone, it is not her fault there is no front page updates, isnt that the designers fault for not making new front page images so that they can be applyed.... geeeeees leave hanne alone

RJ Rob

Wizzszz, like I mentioned before, the tasks that needs to be done will still be done. Frontpage articles are perhaps not the number one priority in my absence.

Well, apparently i was a bit too cryptic - the job aint done properly, for whatever reason (have you read the forum lately? it's not only me who is wondering what a community manager is supposed to do for his/her salary...) - and neither you nor your boss feel the need to transfer your tasks to someone else, to give you time to recover?

You don't need to direct your anger at any other employee, thanks.

I don't need to... but i want to... :sniper:

Well, apparently i was a bit too cryptic - the job aint done properly, for whatever reason (have you read the forum lately? it's not only me who is wondering what a community manager is supposed to do for his/her salary...) - and neither you nor your boss feel the need to transfer your tasks to someone else, to give you time to recover?

I don't need to... but i want to... :sniper:

Holly Shit I was thinking that I will never Agree with you Wizzszz.....Guess I was wrong....And Hanne get well soon get back 2 your job so we can freely start 2 spit on you in this forum... Seems a bit wrong 2 talk bad with sick pearson....hmm if you not lying 2 this community about your health,couse as we know so far ppl. from MA&FPC&SEE&BLABLA are a just a "tiny" bit of "persons" who don't speak a true...

I want oto ask WIZZ a question. How is like to be a level 36 surveyer? Is the mining better or?

well we now know that hanne is atleast still following the forum.. but some more updates would be apreciated indeed

LOL I told ya Wizzszz that she would come here to kick your ass!! ;) lol you shouldn't have left out the cookies!! :laugh:

No Offence here Hanne, but arent there anyone else that could help you in this issue when u are sick?
Best regards BB

Get Well Soon Hanne:cool:

No Offence here Hanne, but arent there anyone else that could help you in this issue when u are sick?
Best regards BB

Pioneer steps in occasionally but it would be nice to know that Marco is still alive he hasn't posted in months.

Its a shame how this community responds to the illness of a community representative.
Yes, I agree that an increased frequency (and possibly more transparent) communication is desirable and that SDS could have solved it differently by appointing a temporary Community Representative.
However if somebody is sick and unable to fully / partially invest their energy in their job (e.g. is on sick-leave) don't start flaming them.

Personally Wizz... You are the one SICKening me!

Get well soon Hanne.

isnt someone allowed to be ill without being told they should step down,
RJ Rob

Of coarse.

I'm guessing you're confused on the the situation. There is a difference on being just "sick" and being chronically ill

Someone that is chronically ill should not be working, they should be concentrating on their health.
Hanne needs to think about herself, without your health you have nothing!

The community also deserves a community manager that can dedicate the time and energy needed for the position.

Well just after a few posts, are you all wondering why no official likes to step in anymore very much ? I am not so surprised...

Reactions: Lee
However if somebody is sick and unable to fully / partially invest their energy in their job (e.g. is on sick-leave) don't start flaming them.

Personally Wizz... You are the one SICKening me!

Oh, i am sure Hanne appreciates this kind of loyality.

It's just: Hanne was away for months, and after people started wondering she pops up and says "oh dear, i was on vacation"...

Fine, she's new to the job, she is young, but is she really unable to inform us upfront?

Now the same happened again, she is gone for months, nobody, NOBODY is doing her job (i don't blame Hanne here, in case you haven't noticed) - and after people started asking questions, she tells us "oh dear, i am sick"

Maybe in your teenage dream about work it is different, but here in the real world, this is an absolute joke.

If an employee want to go on vacation, he has to ask his boss, and not only a day before - this means that it is absolutely clear when Hanne will be away - at least a week before she leaves.

Where was the "i'll be on vaction"-notice? Nowhere, exactly, and know what, that "i'll tell people when they start asking, maybe they don't even notice" policy is SICKening, because it is nothing but a lame excuse.

If an employee becomes sick, he has to tell his boss IMMEDIATELY, everything else would be a reason to fire him/her.
Now where was the announcement from SDS, that Hanne will be unavail until further notice?
Apparently, she is able to type "i don't like coffee", but not able to type "i'll be away due to being sick" - smells like double standards, doesn't it?

Again, the good old "i'll tell people when they start asking, maybe they don't even notice" game is played, and actually i do not even know who to blame here, as it is, if at all, not only Hannes fault.

We were all used to the incredibly dilettantish way MA ran Calypso and the nonexistant contact to the community - but things have changed a bit, SEE owns SDS, the former FPC, and really, i refuse to believe that a company who paid 6 million $ for a planet wants customers to leave because their moody community manager cannot follow the most basic rules of conduct.

First of all; Updated the front page.

Second of all: I don't very much appreciate you considering my health or my situation as a topic of discussion on this board. The only reason I let anyone know in the first place was because of those who worried, not those who wanted to use it against me. Understand that you are not required to know about my personal life, my boss is. Not you.

Furthermore, I have not been "away for months" and then pop by and said "I was on vacation". Again, this time I haven't been "away for months" either. Nobody doing my job isn't correct either, what needs to be communicated will be and is communicated, just not the way I usually do it.
Neither am I unavaliable, Im just not around as much due to my situation.

Now, that case is closed. Drop it.
And so is this thread.

Status
Back