CDF Announcement

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
To help ensure the safety of arriving colonists on Calypso the CDF recently have appointed six Calypso Advisors.

The Calypso Advisors will guide newcomers and assist whenever help is needed. Occasionally the Advisors will also arrange newcomer events in areas like Camp Icarus and Halfmoon Bay where many newcomers start their journey on Planet Calypso.

CDF Colonel Briers explained the reasoning behind the appointments. “The Advisors main role is to give guidance for newcomers to survive out in the many harsh wildernesses of Calypso. Additionally the Advisors should also work to tighten the relation between Calypso veterans and Calypso's future veterans and to strengthen the overall community spirit to better withstand future challenges.”

Colonists are advised to join the planet specific #calypsoadviser channel where they can get assistance from the Advisors and also help other Calypsians out by sharing their experiences and findings.

Please note that the Advisors are not MindArk employees and that they won't be able to assist with issues that are handled by Entropia Support. The Calypso Advisers are primarily online on weekends.

Originally Posted Here

Good step but hope these advisors don't get trolled relentlessly.

Good step but hope these advisors don't get trolled relentlessly.

They got moderator powers so they can mute/ban them :)

At topic. So these are like volunteering "players" then? Or are they completely n00b advisers.

I feel so back 2008/2009

This is a irrational feeling but I truly think we are about to see a new increase in players like we did the time around after the asteroid sale went trough the media and mindark used some money from bridge investment for a big ad campaign. Would be so cool if we could get back our old advisors but who knows where life has taken them and where they work today.

still, I feel positive about the recent changes that have to do with reaching new players and make them stay on eu. Who knows , maybe everyone wish they had bought their gear while it was still cheap in a year from now on ,)

I am guessing that we will soon be seeing the end to Rookie chat.:D

I am guessing that we will soon be seeing the end to Rookie chat.:D

That would make me said. It's like a wasp trap. Keeping most of the arseholes in one convenient chat channel makes then easy to ignore.

That would make me said. It's like a wasp trap. Keeping most of the arseholes in one convenient chat channel makes then easy to ignore.

LOL so true..please MA keep Rookie Chat!!

Sounds a very positive move to help our new players. When I first saw an avdiser at Icarus I was sceptical however one quick scan proved that this was no ordinary Avatar.

Good work MA!

Dirk

damn, thought this was an event announcement....:mad:

good move forward

hope the advisors got some mod rights in the #advisorchannel to lock out the trolls :D

They have to much hp and to much hps, not possible to solo =(

To help ensure the safety of arriving colonists on Calypso the CDF recently have appointed six Calypso Advisors.

The Calypso Advisors will guide newcomers and assist whenever help is needed. Occasionally the Advisors will also arrange newcomer events in areas like Camp Icarus and Halfmoon Bay where many newcomers start their journey on Planet Calypso.

CDF Colonel Briers explained the reasoning behind the appointments. “The Advisors main role is to give guidance for newcomers to survive out in the many harsh wildernesses of Calypso. Additionally the Advisors should also work to tighten the relation between Calypso veterans and Calypso's future veterans and to strengthen the overall community spirit to better withstand future challenges.”

Colonists are advised to join the planet specific #calypsoadviser channel where they can get assistance from the Advisors and also help other Calypsians out by sharing their experiences and findings.

Please note that the Advisors are not MindArk employees and that they won't be able to assist with issues that are handled by Entropia Support. The Calypso Advisers are primarily online on weekends.

Originally Posted Here

"Please note that the Advisors are not MindArk employees and that they won't be able to assist with issues that are handled by Entropia Support".

But I can get explained if I ask them I just seen a Abulimax young and i can see that is numbers and letters above him/her like L25, can they explain what it means and what purpose it fulfills !!!

"Please note that the Advisors are not MindArk employees and that they won't be able to assist with issues that are handled by Entropia Support".

But I can get explained if I ask them I just seen a Abulimax young and i can see that is numbers and letters above him/her like L25, can they explain what it means and what purpose it fulfills !!!

Yes you can do that. Thats the reason why they are here. To advice newcomers.

good move forward

hope the advisors got some mod rights in the #advisorchannel to lock out the trolls :D

They'll need it. Emma, Simon and some of the others took a shit storm of crap from people for MA.

Is there an #officialsupportchannel ? We've had some issues with the planets over the past few weeks and I seem to remember the Ark team stepping in with issues on Caly.

Last edited:
We'll see Emma & Simon back? :yay:

I've had Emma on my FL for many years, and recently the name has been showing as online.
Seems to be renamed now as "Calypso Official Emma" though.

Top 10 Questions that advisors at Camp Icarus will be asked.

10. "HOW DO I MAKE PEDZ IN THIS GAME???"

9. "I shot all my ammos to do this mission, but I ran out, now what do I do?"

8. "People keep shooting me as I stand in line at free oil place, can you help?"

7. "Who is this Chuck Caly Rockandroll guy and why is he talk to me constantly?"

6. "How do you jump?"

5. (tie) "What is a teleporter for?" and "Why can't I pick up this gun floating above the ground"

4. "Is jungle stalker a good gun for new player?"

3. "Can I borrow opalo so I can one-shot Kestukis?"

2. "I see explosive hofs all the time, but my Explosive I BP never globals...what is wrong?"

and the number one question:

1. "I don't have peds, can you help me?"

...just wanna giva a big up for Calypso Advisor Mallard, whom just saved my ass from an outpost I got stuck at, which featured no TT, no Repair nor Auction dude/dudette...or storage where lost my flying vehicle to due to poor memory...guy is bonafide hero and if I was two weeks younger and not already married I´d ask him to marry me! :cool:

and as swiftly as they arrived......

Here is Simon the guide for Ya!
(maybe he left EU for the ol fatman up north) ;)

and as swiftly as they arrived......

They are still around, a few days ago i wasn't logged out properly and my avatar was standing in the same place for like 6 hours close to the LT spot. When i logged in i found a message from a MA advisor, probably checking if i was a bot or something. I replyed his message but never heard from him again.

Back